PDA

View Full Version : Coming here and evolving

Deborah Jane
09-13-2008, 04:29 AM
When i first came here [just over a year ago] i only dressed occasionally, and even then, it tended to be more only in lingerie than anything else.
Also i only had one cheap wig, bought from a fancy dress shop!
At that time i was very unsure about my crossdressing and really i was looking for a way to stop!!

Since coming here, i dress regularly [at least three times a week] and i always dress "all the way".
I fully accept who i am and completely embrace my girl side fully now!

I think joining this forum helped me to evolve myself to be who i really am :)

Has anyone else found that by coming here, they,ve evolved in a similar way?

Edwina
09-13-2008, 04:57 AM
Evolving. Oh yes. That sounds about right. :)
Only wearing panties when I joined and through the many stories and encouraging words I have encountered along the way I have reached a level where I have been out in daylight to a couple of shops.
I have still to conquer the mall but maybe one day....... :daydreaming

:love:

Edwina

tanya3
09-13-2008, 05:17 AM
I think I have evolved quite a bit. Allthough I still have to conquer my fears about going out dressed . It seems to me that going out dressed is a little scary, but none the less it is something I have to do. I just love to wear make up and a wig,but the time is never there. So for now I will have to get up early and dress to the best of my ability and go on from there , oh yea my wife knows and is very supportive but the stress around here makes it very inconveniant .:thumbsup::

Amanda Shaft
09-13-2008, 05:31 AM
I'm with you on the evolution thing. What's a little scary is that by its nature evolution has no ending and that where I am now is only a point in time leading to somewhere else. From frilly knickers on day one to full time in the future?
Yours in a state of flux, Amanda x

Kate Simmons
09-13-2008, 05:52 AM
I'd say that is true to an extent Debs and it's certainly nice to come here and compare notes and share experiences. I've found that my evolution in becoming the person I am has mostly to do with what I have done myself. It takes courage to be who we are and while it is nice to have the support, we are pretty much on our own in the real world.

The one thing we have to remember is that each situation is different and many of us may have more opportunity than others for self expression. We may become emboldened and encouraged by what others have done or are doing but in the end we need to build up our fortitude if the person we are is going to be real and long lasting. Once we really get in touch with our feelings, it's up to us as individuals to develop that, especially if we have the goal of acceptance for who we are. Building a solid foundation makes all the difference and this is true with anything in life.

The main thing is that we tend to have a better outlook on things than most "normal" people and I wouldn't trade that for all the tea in China. The very best thing about coming here is that we make real friends who are not afraid to be themselves and that is hard to beat in any scenerio. I couldn't think of a better place to spend my time in any case.;):)

Angie G
09-13-2008, 06:18 AM
I was dressing a lot starting when I came out to my wife just before I came here so I'd say no. But I have gotten some good ideas hrer Deborah Jean.:hugs:
Angie

docrobbysherry
09-13-2008, 07:21 AM
Used to dress in/for 2 hours max. Now, I have these "big production" dressing sessions that can last 3 times that long!:doh:

I guess this is progress????

MJ
09-13-2008, 07:28 AM
it has help me. i dress better and feel better about myself and have come to know you all as my dear friends how cool is that :love:

Raychel
09-13-2008, 07:29 AM
Most definitly. When I first joined this site, I was very much in the closet. My wife did not know and the only real interest was in panties and panty girdles.

Because of this site I got the courage to tell my wife about my dressing, and over the last few years I have also grown to love much more than just panties. Not it is all the lingerie, dresses, pantyhose and shoes. I think that I am at a plateau for now. I don't have any real desrires to go any futher. And I am very comfortable with who I am and where I am at in life. All thanks to this site.
:love:

Jolene
09-13-2008, 08:26 AM
My dressing is a private thing in my life right now because no one would understand it but since joining all of you here it is easier for me. To join in with others in which I have this in common. It is fun to read about others and their experences and to post a few comments of my own. This is a great site and my Thanks to those who provide it.
You are all my support group.
Jolene :)

Bethany38
09-13-2008, 08:56 AM
It's funny you would mwntion that, I feel since coming here I have evolved greatly in my dressing. An a beautiful thing is that my wife has helped me to evlolve and maybe even done so a little her self.:)

Nicole Erin
09-13-2008, 09:15 AM
I enjoy the site quite a bit but I pretty much went thru all my cd development before I was even on the web. I haven't found really a whole lot that I didn't already know.

I wish I had had the benefit of sites like this when I first started, it would have saved the trouble of a lot of wasted time, money, and akward experiences

PamelaTX
09-13-2008, 09:22 AM
On the emotional level I've evolved light-years in an incredibly short time -- but I was so ready for this! At the dressing level, I'm trying to keep the evolution at a pace that won't creep out my SO too much. She seems to be getting used to things a bit, but I'm certain that hitting her with full dress all at once would have been a disaster. --- But I'm so ready for that too. Sigh!

And yes, this forum is one of the best things that ever happened to me.

Kate Lynn
09-13-2008, 09:41 AM
Evolution is a very good thing,my short experience here so far has been extremely enlightening,you ladies helped me understand my self better.
Coming here has also made me wonder,when a neanderthal accidently put on his mates animal skin,was that the true beginning of crossdressing.
:drink:

Celeste
09-13-2008, 12:05 PM
Without a doubt, this has changed how and what I focus on,especially in the areas of health and fitness.The wonderful people within this site have inspired me to new challenges that have improved the quality of my life.

Sarah...
09-13-2008, 12:19 PM
Before CD.com I was evolving quite nicely by myself. Seeking to become quite fit so I could partake in the survival of the fittest race.

I misunderstood Darwin's theory of evolution when he said fit and I was aiming to become quite pretty and somewhat sexy as opposed to being the best fit for my particular niche.

Then I logged onto CD.com.

And found a whole new niche with others like me populating it. And there was not exactly an over-population of people in my new-found niche. Meaning there was room to grow! And oh boy am I growing. Evolution has nothing on me! So rock on CD.com, you are some wicked growth hormone!!

Sarah...

TGMarla
09-13-2008, 12:38 PM
I learned a lot by coming here. Most times, girls are very helpful and considerate. We're all of the same mold, after all. Not a one of us doesn't have, at least to some extent, some familiarity of the issues we all face in our lives. So having a place to go where we can be calm, content, accepted, where we can belong, has been very important. It is the input I received from others here that has helped me most in self-acceptance, which is something that has been essential to my life. It's seen my evolution in crossdressing styles and techniques. It helped me come out to my wife, even though she still does not discuss it with me.

Yep, I grew quite a bit since I started bumping the forum!

Lee Andrews
09-13-2008, 02:03 PM
I would say I have evolved more mentally than physically.
For the mental side of things this site and it's members are an amazing bunch, full of information and experience. I have yet to find a topic or question that has not made me understand myself or situation better everytime.
Physically it makes me strive to look better seeing others looking so good.

Tamara Croft
09-13-2008, 02:09 PM
Has anyone else found that by coming here, they,ve evolved in a similar way?Yeah, I'm a full grown fresh water dolphin now :bs:

:hiding:

sorry... don't slap me.... ouch... :eek:

Deborah Jane
09-13-2008, 05:41 PM
From frilly knickers on day one to full time in the future?
Yours in a state of flux, Amanda x

I,ve often wondered that myself.....
Will i one day evolve from an ugly duckling into a beautiful swan? :daydreaming:

Physically it makes me strive to look better seeing others looking so good.

Me too...
Everyone here has been an inspiration to me to try and look and be the best i can :battingeyelashes:

Karren H
09-13-2008, 05:57 PM
I was this wackey before I came here.... so nothings really changed... lol

I have gotten a lot better at makeup.... :)

jennifer24
09-13-2008, 06:03 PM
This site has helped me envolve a little, It has helped me to understand that I`m not alone, never thought there were so many of us:heehee:
Some of the forums have gave me better idea`s and gave me more confidence.:hugs:

Jaclyn NM
09-14-2008, 02:05 AM
I would have to say that this site has helped me greatly in coming to terms with my crossdressing desires, and in fact embracing it as a part of who I am. Since joining this site, I have confided with my wife, and she has accepted and supported this side of me. But most important of all, I have gained the love and understanding of all of you fellow sisters out there, and that's the most important thing in my evolution.

Tomara
09-14-2008, 08:30 AM
For me joining this site has helped me to better accept my cross dressing , myself and the person I am .
It was a huge help to find this site , and to realize that we are all fairly normal people from all different walks of life that can share our experiences and feelings with each other without feeling like some kind of freak
I am also much more comfortable when I dress and have increased the frequency of my dressing . ( a great feeling )
:) Tomara

debbeelee1
09-14-2008, 09:11 AM
It's an ongoing evolution with me. I'll never be "done"!

jamie55
09-14-2008, 11:24 AM
Hi DJ: Things for me really haven't changed much because of this site. This site for me is a support group and a place where I can make friends of people with a like mind. Living way out in the boondocks in an area of the country where most people are not approving or understanding of alternate lifestyles I really have no one to trade ideas and experiances with. I belong to other forums besides this one but this one is far more diverse and the information is far more abundant. Some day I hope to meet at least 1 other cd face to face but for now I pretty much have to make my own way.

christid66
09-14-2008, 11:27 AM
When i first came here [just over a year ago] i only dressed occasionally,

and i always dress "all the way".

I think joining this forum helped me to evolve myself to be who i really am :)

Has anyone else found that by coming here, they,ve evolved in a similar way?

Great question Debs.
I'm with you. I now have to dress all the way or not at all. I also take more care over applying make up etc even though no one will see me except for the dog. It's this site - or rather the members that have helped.....Thank You

Shelly67
09-14-2008, 12:03 PM
Oh yes ....I've learnt to fully accept myself , enjoy me even .
I was so shallow and pent up , if it wasnt for a dear friend of mine in a chat room , I dont think I,d ever be where I am today . She firstly just asked me where I wanted to go in life .....I just wanted to come out to my partner .
Without the encouragement I,d never have had the guts to even try......
After a long hard and nervous consideration I did it - I owned up . After many an argument things settled but I still felt unsure and frightened of what I was becoming in a new undiscovered side to my life , then I found this website .
I was warmed to my core to find so many like me ....
I think as we age , life throws experiences our way in many different realizations ....sometimes it takes a while to come to terms with just who we are . In that I gotta say thank goodness for this site . And thank goodness we can divulge ourselves without shame .
:)

Jaydee
09-14-2008, 01:00 PM
I concur with most of your responses. I think evolution is a good word to describe my experience, ( and no I haven't grown fins). Before finding this site, I thought I was alone in the world with these desires. I had a lot of guilt and self disgust. Since coming here I now realize that I am NOT alone. This is a wonderful realization. I am now more comfortable with myself and feel better about myself. It has been a very positive experience coming here and meeting others like myself.
My dressing has also evolved. I am also taking baby steps towards coming out to my wife. That would never have happened before. Finding this site has been one of the best things to happen in a long time and a lot cheaper (and more fun) than therapy.

Jaydee

Ruth
09-14-2008, 04:54 PM
The thing that I got from this site was the self belief and confidence to go out in public dressed. I was a CDer and had recently come out to my wife but was afraid to go out as Ruth.
On this site though there was so much testimony about going out, and practical tips about how to dress, how to act, etc., that I realised I should be able to do it.
It has been a great step forward for me and I suppose you could call it evolution.

Tracii G
09-14-2008, 05:10 PM
I'll echo everything said.
This site has given me the confidence to go all the way.I have learned so much in such a short time.
This forum has helped me to come to terms with my feelings.Thanks to everyone here.

Jocelyn Renee
09-14-2008, 05:48 PM
The concept of evolving is a prominent one in our world and I've often marveled at how far I've come over the last 30 years or so. Recently, however, I've been wondering if I have, in fact, progressed. Could it be that I am now simply where I always wanted to be? Could it be that what I consider evolving is actually a gradual process of losing the fear to be who I always was?

In the days preceding the Internet I flat out thought I was a freak. I literally thought I was the only one on earth deviant enough to be secretly wearing my mother's underwear. Logging into the Internet and discovering that I was not alone for the first time was profound and it forever changed my attitude about crossdressing. Along the way 1000s of stories from wonderful folks like everyone here did not change me so much as they broke down my own self-erected barriers.

carnut62
09-14-2008, 10:10 PM
I too feel I have evolved some but also much more so matured since joining this site. I now understand myself much more and am comfortable with myself. Now if I could just bring myself to talk to my wife about it ;)

Hugs,
Tabitha.

Farrah
09-14-2008, 10:19 PM
Yes this forum has evolved me. I remember when I wouldn't dream about goin into lane bryant or any other women's store for that matter and browse around. Let alone asking to try something on. Since joining this forum, I've also come to accept my cding and I realize its just me being me.

Carly D.
09-15-2008, 09:38 AM
I was here for over a year at least before joining and posting.. that's how unsure I was of my existance.. but more to the point being here is good as a therapy type of thing.. knowing that I'm not alone and that for all those who are here now and those who were here and those not yet here but read a lot of entries for some form of understanding of the alternate lifestyle, that there is a place for us to be either as a release from wishing they could be out of the closet or actually living however much out and about and for those very few (I hope) that are lying about being out 24/7.. I look at the pictures and I read the stories and I take it with a second thought that there are those who are out and those who dream of what it would be like to be out and accepted.. and me who would like to wear anything whenever and not have to worry what others might think.

Patricia1
09-15-2008, 01:21 PM
I thoroughly enjoy the coming out part here. Talking and listening to others like me is liberating. I even had the nerve to post a picture. I'm just sorry for the lost time & opportunity, but now is the only time we really have. Love reading every thing you girls say.