PDA

View Full Version : Update!!!!

Felix
09-13-2008, 03:54 PM
Well a lot has been going on since last I posted I came out at work as you all know. This went well with only a few problems which I anticipated around getting my name right and such like. What I was suprized at was how once I had changed my name legally and told everyone, how the disphoria related to this really kicked in. I'm dealing with this much better now although some days in work I really have to ground myself in order to cope with the conflicts that are going round my head lol!!!
I decided to write a letter to the staff explaining the full implications of my name change and I kept this very informal and thanked them all for their support around my name change but also asked them to use the correct pronouns so as to help the children who know I am Trans and have been absolutely fantastic about it. I have had some really funny questions off them with regards to me but its been cool and I've delt with it and it's no problem. They are trying bless them to use the correct pronouns already Kids just amaze me so much all the time and I would never want to do another job than the one I'm in for that reason.
I gave the letter out to staff on Friday last week and it seems to have gone down well. I told them I knew none of this was easy for them and that it didn't matter if they forget and stuff. So we will see how it goes xx Felix

Shelly Preston
09-13-2008, 04:12 PM
Well done Felix

I am sure the letter will help them understand you a little better

ZenFrost
09-13-2008, 04:34 PM
It's good to see that they're taking things so well. :smilep:

Cai
09-13-2008, 05:47 PM
I hope it all continues to go so well.

I feel you with the repeated corrections on the name - sometimes I don't bother because I'm so tired of doing it.

Lora Olivia
09-13-2008, 10:25 PM
Sounds like on a broad scale things are going well and I am glad for you on that dude. Only thing I can think to say is carry on McFelix lol

Felix
09-14-2008, 01:05 AM
Thanx peeps for your continued support it means a lot :hugs:

Lol Lora thats really funny considering that in the future I will become a MacBride :tongueout :hugs: xx Felix

metalguy639
10-06-2008, 05:05 AM
Awesome Felix, that's great.

Felix
10-08-2008, 12:23 AM
Hi and thanx Damian :) Think I'll do an update xx Felix