PDA

View Full Version : Someone to share with...

suzy cool
09-13-2008, 04:27 PM
It's a strange affliction, being 'gifted' (hmmmm) with an enthusiasm for something you can't share with anyone. It's like that moment when you hear a piece of music and it goes right through your body and ALL of you wants to get up and move or dance or shout and you all take to the dance floor.
Or there's something funny on television and you all laugh, sharing the joke together.
But with this there's you...and a mirror...and you can't tell anyone.....no-one to dance with....no-one to share the joke, or the joy with except that girl in the mirror.
Not sure I explained that very well.

Karren H
09-13-2008, 04:37 PM
Yeah.... kind of like me finding a super good deal on a new eye shadow.... or a kick ass mascara.... and can't go home and tell anyone!!! lol Kind of why if joined MakeupTalk... they love listening to my makeup stories too!!! :)

docrobbysherry
09-13-2008, 04:59 PM
I thot u said it beautifully, Suzy!:)

Deborah Jane
09-13-2008, 05:12 PM
I understood you perfectly Suzy and feel the same way!!
It would be great to have someone to share all this with :daydreaming:

Deanna2
09-13-2008, 06:11 PM
It is a bit like traveling. You should never be a solo tourist.

Sharing is what it is all about.

Lisa_M
09-13-2008, 06:33 PM
Suzy I must say very well put! I know exactly what you mean. I have a friend that once told me that life is all about the memories you make. Its even better when you have someone to share that with.

Nicole Erin
09-13-2008, 06:38 PM
There are plenty of us to share this with.
I guess in real life you have the groups and all as well.

And with online too, even if it is not quite the same as real life.

laura.lapinski
09-13-2008, 06:52 PM
I know how you feel because there are other things in my life right now, apart from CD, that I can't share with hardly anyone, but I have found a couple people on this forum with whom I do using PM and email. You can share, you can PM me anytime you want to go into it more, and there are many others too who are here to help.

Laura

jamie1
09-13-2008, 07:30 PM
I know, I want to play and share with someone who won't tell.

Tasha McIntyre
09-13-2008, 07:30 PM
I agree with the other girls Suzy - you put it very well.
I wish I had joined here ages ago, where we can share and celebrate our little passion.

Mona
09-13-2008, 08:28 PM
Certainly feelings I experience rather often. Thank you for putting it so poetically!

CD Susan
09-14-2008, 10:05 AM
Suzy, You explained it quite well and I understand perfectly. I experience the same thing every day. I have been looking for that special friend that I can share this part of me with. I recently met with another cd who lives close to me. Her and I are going to meet again soon and I am looking forward to it. I have been corresponding with someone who lives in the same city as me and hope to meet her in person soon. I know how difficult it can be to find friends but it is not impossible. Good luck to you dear.

Jemanda
09-14-2008, 10:46 AM
You hit the head on the nail... er nail on the head. Its even harder when so many around you dont really understand your enthuisiasm. I did a short tourist thing around London the other month while on business and the person I was with couldnt understand my ooohing and aahing over so much of the history I saw displayed, but I couldnt explain to him why I felt the way I did, and even if I couldm would they have seen things the same way I did? Nope, I have learnt to share the appreciation with yourself, everybody else is missing out.

suzy cool
09-14-2008, 10:49 AM
Well of course this place helps let off a bit of steam.

Sally2005
09-14-2008, 09:40 PM
I hear ya! Deanna's got it too...but travelling alone with an SO at home is the worst time to sight see. I like to share the surprise of new discovery with my wife and if I've seen it before, it is boring for me on the second round. Exactly like going out enfem for the first time alone and being successful at it and not being able to share with her.