PDA

View Full Version : shopping 101......

Wendy me
05-25-2005, 01:48 PM
ok girls from reading a lot of posts out there it seams a lot of you girls are shopping chalanged.... thats ok ....and some are shall we say gifted in the art of shopping......i was talking to the owner of the glamour boutique in aurben.... and heard som storrys abought just how frightened that some are of shopping...ok now thinking that hey we are all sisters here right???/?????
now how abought this .....we the shopping gifted .... share our shopping tips with you girls that are shopping challanged....????? sound good?????

add your shopping tips ......

ask your shopping questions.....

how to over come fear......

bad sales people..........

what do you think?????

ok i kinda am shopping gifted so i will start with a few tips......

1. it helps to know your size.....

2. when in duopt ask for helpe

3. if number 2 scares you tell the sales person that the item is for a wife / sister/ girlfreind......you would be supprized how helpefull thay can be.....

4. not shure if something matches ???ask a gg shopping thay most allways len a hand.....

5. afraid your being watched????perhaps shopping at off times might help ...less crowed....

6. know what you want but afraid to pick it off the rack????write it on a papper with size and see sales girls and say please helpe me i need to get this for ...wife/ girlfreind and don't know were it is ....size on papper helpes ....

ok thats a veary few of manny ways to get in and come home with your treasures.....please add to or if you got questions ask......................
my shopping ????go see it buy it wear it love it......

my goal here is that we girls that are shopping gifted can helpe a sister on her way through the malls shopping all the way..........

http://www.fredericks.com/services/help.asp?91

Julie York
05-25-2005, 02:12 PM
Nice idea wendy.

7) Use the internet , it's EASY!

8) Write a list and look like a confused bloke and ASK for help. If an assistant is assisting, no-one looks at you.

9) Have a piece of string with knots at a distance of half your waist size and you can measure up a skirt in 2 seconds flat.

CharleneCD
05-25-2005, 02:43 PM
Julie, what a wonderfull idea with the string. Bunny loves it and is thinking of using it on those days she doesn't want to have to go try it on. We both wish large was the same size with all clothes makers. How about some standardization in the clothes industry.

Katrina
05-25-2005, 04:34 PM
Julie, that is one of the best ideas I have heard! Consider that one stolen! :)

Wendy me
05-25-2005, 05:35 PM
just a few helpful things............http://www.vassarette.com/fitting_room/index.htm
.............................................http://www.vassarette.com/home.html
............................................http://www.paylessshoesource.com/

Deanna2
05-26-2005, 11:33 PM
Sorry Julie, but shopping is a personal thing best done in person. Look for things on the web by all means, but when it comes to the actual purchase it's got to be hands on.

Speaking of hands - wearing a wedding ring saves a lot of angst. It almost gives you right of passage to ask shop assistants dumb or involved questions.

Luvya

Wendy me
05-27-2005, 06:06 AM
Speaking of hands - wearing a wedding ring saves a lot of angst. It almost gives you right of passage to ask shop assistants dumb or involved questions.

Luvya

thats cool yes a wedding ring ...i am buying this for my wife ...size ??? oh she is abought my size ... no sorry abought that ....i will stand in the connor latter....
but thats a veary good idear and a lot of sales girls will think ...oh thats so sweet he is buying his wife a new..... and helpe you out ... good thinking girlfreind.....

Sigrid
05-27-2005, 10:54 AM
Julie, I've used the string trick before, it's good one. :thumbsup: Also used it to measure for ankle bracelets.

You do not want to appear as a perv or shop lifter so;

10. When out shopping, be well groomed and well dressed.

11. Do not keep looking around to see who's looking at you.

12. don't spend too much time trying to make a decision on a purchase. Walk out of the store for a while if necesarry and come back later if you want to make the purchase. (I once spent several minutes looking at one bra/panty set - unsure of the size - sales woman finally walked over and asked if I needed assistance - suspicion in her voice and glaring at me. became a very unpleasant experience)

jjjjohanne
05-28-2005, 11:23 PM
13. If you smile and are friendly and play dumb and don't claim who the clothes are for, the clerks will help you a lot and think nothing of it. Some clerks have been trained or are experienced with CD's and they WILL figure it out. However, they have always been helpful to me.

14. If you need to try something on, shoes included, you can get some men's clothes and put them over the women's clothes that you are carrying and then take them into the men's dressing rooms. If someone is inspecting what people are taking into the dressing rooms, take note of that before you attempt this. Make your decison whether you are comfortable with this BEFORE you walk up to the dressing room with clothes in hand.

15. If you stop paying attention, you will do something obvious like walk out of the dressing room with a dress held shoulder high by the hanger... Been there. The clerk said, "Did you try on that dress?" in a cute voice and winked. Fortuanately for my nerves, it was Halloween. (She ended up selling me my first bra and dress. (I'm a 42B) )

Joe

cdcheryl
05-29-2005, 12:54 AM
I have bought shoes at Payless shoe store I know my size and i just grab them and always pay cash, I have also bought clothes at KMart and marshalls i just grab my size and go up and pay it is a little nerve wracking but it adds a little thrill too

Jonien
05-29-2005, 08:18 AM
Went shopping yeserday I needed foundation and face powder the last lot was a quick grab and it's for my wife but this time I wanted a better color match to get this I need to pluck up courage, OK now with courage in hand went to Debenhams but mistake 1, got there before thay opened courage dwinderling, so I went walk about did find a nice nacklace and earrings but I had to get courage back it wasent haperning but determination went back to Debinhams thay were now open but so much to choose from but only demos on display I left the shop got my self a new skirt ;) and went back left again sale staff chatting to each other could not get attention I did this 5 times but I get there in the end and explaned to the girl that I was bying for my self she was then very helpful found me not only the right colors but I did't know about the different textures and cover she then started calling me Madom and not sir (yes I was in drab) I liked that Got all I needed and more, felling pleased with my self went and got a lacy top to go with my new skirt,went home on a high :rotflmao:

Happy days Hugs to you all

Jonien