PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate Experiment

AKAMichelle
09-14-2008, 12:11 AM
I tried something tonight which failed miserable. Not because of the expected reason, but the woman got off work early. :devil:

So here is the experiment. I have met this woman online and was set to meet her in person tomorrow night. She was suppose to be working tonight, but got off work early. I was dressed and went in where she works (retail store) and wanted to see what she looked like. At the same time I wanted to see if she could recognize me from a photo I sent her. More importantly if she would be able to put 2 and 2 together to realize I was in the store in front dressed as a woman. So much for a great idea which unfortunately didn't work. Since I barely knew her, if the meeting went poorly then no harm.

I may now have to wait for some time again to find the perfect criteria to try this experiment again. Has anyone else tried this and what was the result?

MentalMercury
09-14-2008, 04:27 AM
In my opinion that's asking for a socially awkward situation to occur. Even if the person would be generally accepting anyway, unless you goal is for them to not know how to react.

Again my opinion but I always thought it best to try and be as open as you can with people up front so there's no question of acceptance once something new is in play.. they choose to accept the whole you up front or aren't worth the effort.

Sarah's lover
09-14-2008, 04:41 AM
Sorry but that sounds rather like playing games to me, even though I can understand your thought process.

As a gg I would not appreciate that approach at all.

Hope the date goes well.

SabrinaDubh
09-14-2008, 09:27 AM
Sorry but that sounds rather like playing games to me...

Not to mention sneaky and underhanded.

docrobbysherry
09-14-2008, 11:47 AM
Even if I told a woman I dressed, I wouldn't surprise her in costume, unless I knew her VERY VERY well!
I wouldn't even show her a picture of me dressed, unless she asked to see one!:eek:

darla_g
09-14-2008, 11:51 AM
Michelle, i tend to agree with the others, this might not be such a great idea. Especially where she works, she may be accepting, but you don't know how it might be perceived. I think you are really pushing the line here.

Kate Simmons
09-14-2008, 12:22 PM
I think all meetings of this type should take place by pre-arrangement. She may have been okay with it but who can know what the reactions of her co-workers would be? Something to consider anyway.:)

Deborah Jane
09-14-2008, 12:31 PM
Hmm..You could be courting disaster here Michelle!!

Suppose she had shown your pic to her work colleagues....
Suppose one of them did actually recognise you from the pic....
Imagine the shock she gets the next day at work when one of them says....
"I saw the guy your going to date come here dressed as a woman yesterday".

Not good :o

AKAMichelle
09-14-2008, 01:22 PM
Point taken.

I wasn't going to say anything to her. I was curious if someone could recognize me. It was an interesting test. Plus if the woman wasn't accepting then it would sure eliminate a lot of wasted time.

If she never knew that I had come in there, then the transformation would be complete. That is the biggest reason for the experiment. I want to increase my confidence that I will not be recognized and can go where I want.

Now I think the test will have to be reworked and come up with another way to test the transformation. Thanks for your wiser minds.

Sherry-Stephanie
09-14-2008, 01:32 PM
Also you went to her place of work....and that's a really big "NO-NO" IMHO....

What if someone did that to you at your work?????

Maybe you lucked out she wasn't there....

nvlady
09-14-2008, 03:44 PM
I am wondering what you were actually trying to do.
Were you trying to see what she looks like in person?
Were you trying to out yourself to her before you even started a relationship?
Or was this just an excuse to go out and see if you could pass?

AKAMichelle
09-14-2008, 08:57 PM
ok - It was one of the stupid things that we all do from time to time. Maybe this one was a little dumber than most. Luckily no harm.

I learned my lesson. :D

MentalMercury
09-16-2008, 03:05 PM
Haha Michelle.. get used to this. There's going to be more replies from people who didn't read enough to see you responded. Don't take it personally, we're all a little guilty sometimes =p

suzy cool
09-16-2008, 05:02 PM
ok - It was one of the stupid things that we all do from time to time. Maybe this one was a little dumber than most. Luckily no harm.

I learned my lesson. :D

Good for you.
The lesson learning bit.:doh:

CD Susan
09-16-2008, 07:10 PM
Michelle, I am glad you have seen the error of your ways. We all are learning what the best way is to deal with this complicated and confusing journey we are on. Don't dwell on it and just move on.