PDA

View Full Version : How many have done and or still do this?

Corrine35
09-14-2008, 03:18 AM
Since coming here and reading all the stories of our first time dressing to getting caught to our first time out and it did not take me long to see that we all share pretty much the same thing.

Through all the many years that I was in the closet I would dress in different things,with makeup and without,and I would not only parade around the many mirrors but would also sit there watching myself for hours at a time just moving drinking a cup of coffee to anything.

Yes sure to gaze at myself but more for working on perfecting a feminine movement in everything,Im talking 20 years of this very thing almost on a daily basis.

Have any of you done this or still do this?
I must say the payoff has been great, to see me as a male you would never know I was a cross-dresser,to see me dressed you would think I was female.

Now again I did this wearing many different types of clothing, including just bra and panties to all types of night gowns to teddies, to pants and jeans and dresses and skirts and even evening gowns,so no matter what I wear I am confident in my posture and movements.

And I believe at least for me because I know all to well that no cross-dresser can pass as a GG, something will always give us away, but to me if you look good, and dress right,and move right and create the right illusions it will take most people a lot longer to read you and that is where its at.

Actors do this very thing as they will in most cases start preparing for a role a year or more in advance and learn to move and speak like the person they will portray on screen.

We are no different we are just actors acting out the part of a female right down to the voice.

Lets face it we all want to get out even those in the closet we want to go out and about,its exciting and thrilling and a great high as I have read the many posts on here of the stories of being out.

But we dont like it when were read, sure we say we dont care but deep down we do,after all we spent 2 hours getting ready and within 10 minutes out there some dirtbag reads us with a nasty comment.

Getting ready for the part we all play is more than clothes and makeup and shoes, and beauty tips, its more than all these put together,its posture and you can perfect it by studying your own posture and movements in a mirror.

Just set up a couple of mirrors in your kitchen, then go dress up in your favroite outfit, then pretend your kitchen table is some little french sidewalk cafe that your going to stop at and enjoy a cup of coffee and watch the people walk by, what do you see? do you see a female or do you see a man in a dress crossing his bowlegged legs.

Now you have a start point and just work from there, I would watch tv while sitting in front of the mirror and find something on with a lot of women in it, like lifetime and just watch and copy them, do this for a month wearing different things and different hair styles,then after the month has passed put on the very same outfit you started with and now go sit at the cafe,I bet you see someone different!

Sorry for the long post this girl cant shut up!

Kisses

Deborah Jane
09-14-2008, 04:03 AM
Hi Corrine,
I,ve been doing the same thing too for a long time and i think it helps you to get into the mindset of who you are. I enjoy spending time "people watching" when i get the opportunity and it,s amazing how differant men and women actually are when it comes down to the little details.
We, as crossdressers probably notice this, but the average person in the street probably wouldn,t, although if one of us was out portraying as female and did something unfemale they more than likely would.
So i believe getting the little details right is a possible key to passing!!

I think actors call it getting into character. I read somewhere once that Dustin Hoffman spent several months doing this before doing the role of Tootsie, even going to parties, etc to see if anybody recognised him. The story went on to say that if Dustin couldn,t convince himself, how could he hope to convince anybody else!

I think the same thing applies to us....
If we can,t convince ourselves, how can we expect anybody else to be convinced.

Keep practising girls, we can all get there eventually :) :hugs:

Kate Simmons
09-14-2008, 05:07 AM
I can see your point and while practicing looks and moves helps, as you yourself say, something will eventually give us away. A lot really depends on our motivation and our reason for going out there to begin with. Any actor will have a thousand critics ready to pan him or her for something or another. My point is, just go out there and be yourself and have fun and forget about trying to pass off some kind of image. If someone makes us, so what? Perfection is relative anyway and I can practice something until the cows come home but nothing beats raw experience and interaction with people.

My feelings are if we want to be accepted for who we are, then be who we are and we will be accepted. If some do not accept us, oh well, their loss. Being ourself and being true to that is the main thing and easier than trying to remember every little "proper" move to make. In fact, if we do not over think it, things usually seem to fall into place anyway and we learn to go with the flow. It's kind of like being in combat. We can train for every possible situation but until we actually are engaged in it, we really don't know what we are going to do or what will happen. We may be pleasantly surprised on how well we actually do. Really, the best experiences are spontaneous anyway.;):)

debbeelee1
09-14-2008, 09:00 AM
Well I know I'll never pass, but it sure is fun trying to get as close to passing as possible!

Mya Summers
09-15-2008, 01:20 AM
I watch myself all the time while I'm dressed up especially if I'm in my house alone. I try and try but just can't get it..lol but I will it just takes practice.

Alexandria9919
09-15-2008, 03:20 AM
I have tried the same thing but regarless I still look like a guy. I am not passable at all. Now in my younger years I beleive I could have been very passable. I was always told I look like my mother. Wish I could have come out of the closet back then. I would love to go out and pass my self as a female
Btw Corrine is that picture of you? If it is you are just drop dead gorgeous

Angie G
09-15-2008, 11:18 AM
I do this to some extent all the time hun. :hugs:
Angie

Melinda G
09-15-2008, 11:41 AM
A girl can never have too many mirrors.:D