PDA

View Full Version : Enlightened Universities

kay_jessica
09-14-2008, 06:52 AM
My son starts a degree course at one of the top UK University in a few weeks and he just received a pre Freshers Week welcome bundle from the Students Union. I was thumbing throung the pages of "The Complete Students' Union Guide to Life" and on the center fold there was a step by step guide for the newly flown fledglings on going out. The guide contained this

I wish I was going to University again......

MJ
09-14-2008, 07:04 AM
OK you got my interest up ? so what does it say about cross dressing then ? lets see the rest of the guide please

Rachel_CDS
09-14-2008, 05:06 PM
Come on, show us the entire leaflet!

What university is it for?

KellyCD
09-14-2008, 05:50 PM
:eek:

OMG I need to goto THAT university!

Where is it again? I'm moving there!

Samantha43
09-14-2008, 08:29 PM
Wow!

kay_jessica
09-15-2008, 01:42 AM
There is nothing more to show, perhaps in subsequent material distributed by the Union, and if so I'll post it. Incase any of you did not spot it in the leaflet, there is a picture of a slilueted crossdressers with a caption saying "Because I can" this is like by an arrow to andother caption saying "No No it's cool".

As fot the University, it is on the South coast and it's not Solent. But it is not unique as all British Universities have positive transgender policies.

Hugs

Kay

kay_jessica
09-15-2008, 02:05 PM
C'mon Kay, it's Southampton, yes?

Tell us. Don't be coy, they're not!

Katie B

Yes, it's Southampton, I just didn't want sound to much like a proud parent. But since you asked, it's quite a good Uni and my son did well to get in. It's no.2 in the country for his subject (Electronic Engineering) and he missed out getting to his first choice (Imperial) by 4 marks on his Mathematics (they wanted 3 A's - he got 2 A's (Physics and Electronics), a B (Mathematics) and 2 ASs (Chemistry and Further Mathematics)

Barbara B
09-15-2008, 02:55 PM
I work at one of the south coast Universities and most years come across a couple of cross dressers who dress to varying degrees. They are all pretty liberal environments and have transgender groups and policies to deal with most situations. He'll have a good time, the first year is about enjoying yourself.