PDA

View Full Version : Mom made discovery

jenny_cheerleader
09-14-2008, 07:37 PM
Hey all,

My mom found my clothes that I had hidden in one of my suitcases. She still loves me but she said she is worried about me. I want to be able to tell her more or anything that will stop her worrying, but I don't know what to say. Please let me know. Thanks

Nicole Erin
09-14-2008, 07:40 PM
Is she the type to worry about everything? If so, there ain't much you can say.

Otherwise, just tell her what she wants to hear.

YOu have your life and she has hers. Whatever you decide to do is up to you. Don't live for someone else. The only time someone should limit their CDing for another person is if it is their own kids who are under 18. That is just cause of the peer pressure they may have to deal with.

But what is she worried about anyways?

mishelle379
09-14-2008, 07:42 PM
my mom caught me wearing her panties and bra when I was 9, im now 51, she still loves me

Corrine35
09-14-2008, 07:48 PM
Hey all,

My mom found my clothes that I had hidden in one of my suitcases. She still loves me but she said she is worried about me. I want to be able to tell her more or anything that will stop her worrying, but I don't know what to say. Please let me know. Thanks

-Josh

For me I would just let her know that you love her to and do not make the mistake that she will understand and stop worrying overnight.

I am sure a million things are running around in her head for which she has no answers.

Just let her know you love her and that when she is ready that you would like to talk to her about it, let it be on her terms.

Then when that time comes just answer her questions as best you can openly and honestly.

docrobbysherry
09-14-2008, 08:00 PM
Tell her about the GAY thing! That seems to be the first thing that pops into people's minds.
( I mean, tell her u r or aren't, or just aren't sure yet!):)

helenr
09-14-2008, 08:17 PM
when I was about 12 I 'borrowed' my mother's lacy black slip and I don't know what else (now 50 years ago!). I remember her coming into my room and enquired about them-when retrieving them just made light humor about dressing up for a masquerade party, or something innocuous like that. Naturally she knew what I was doing, but decided it would be a phase I'd outgrow. I had started at 6 and still at it at 62. She is gone now, but I never discussed it with her and sometimes wonder how much she knew. Wonder if the dearly departed can 'see' down, to use the heaven concept, and watch our activities?
Seriously, if you Mom seems upset still, I would go to Amazon and find some books on the subject to read and share with her. good luck, helen

Karren H
09-14-2008, 08:21 PM
Just tell her the truth.. Moms are good at accepting their kids for who they are!!

sandra-leigh
09-14-2008, 09:04 PM
Wonder if the dearly departed can 'see' down, to use the heaven concept, and watch our activities?
Seriously, if you Mom seems upset still, I would go to Amazon and find some books on the subject to read and share with her.

You may have heard that people often don't actually read linearly, that it is more of reading key groups at a glance and reading just enough of the middle to confirm that the middle says what was predicted from the context.

Well, when I first read the beginning of that last paragraph, I parsed it as,

"Seriously, if Mom your upset still, I would go to Amazon [etc]" -- referring to your own (departed) mother.

Which made sense in the context, since you had just been talking about the dearly departed "looking down". After all, if they can "look down", they can do their research via Amazon :heehee:

Tracii G
09-14-2008, 09:09 PM
Tell her the truth I'll bet she will still love you.

Lora Olivia
09-14-2008, 10:02 PM
Ask her why she is worried and answer her questions with truthful answers. The fact that mom said she was worried and didn't just fly off the handle means something. Of course you have to be ready to answer very real questions with regard to your sexual preference and your sexual identity

keeganmeuer
09-15-2008, 12:37 AM
It probably wouldn't hurt to tell her the truth. She might stop worrying that way if she realizes that it's just a fetish and not anything more. You never know, parents can be mysteriously understanding about a lot of things.

rachel_rachel
09-15-2008, 12:42 AM
My mum found my stash several times... once in a bag under my bed, then she found a nightie in my drawers.... each time i was told to get rid of it by the time she got home or she'd tell my dad, that's not something i wanted to deal with.... I moved my stuff around heaps of times after that, she's sometimes bring it up if i was still doing it, Oh my god if she could she my bedroom now in my own house!!!

Mollyanne
09-15-2008, 12:45 AM
Hi Jen, Well first off being that you still live in her house the best thing to do is to have a "heart to heart" w/her. Don't however drop the bomb and by that I mean tell her what she wants to know, that you do infact wear those clothes. When she asks you questions answer them honestly. But before you do anything read some of the posts here for a better understanding. Good Luck!!!!

:love: Mollyanne

PS: Moms do understand and accept no matter what!!!

Carly D.
09-15-2008, 09:28 AM
Really I think it depends how old you are and how long you have been dressing.. if you are like only in your early twenties and have just started (like 22-24 years old and been at for two years) then she might can shame you away from doing that any more.. however if you have been dressing since before grade school (like me) then you might could explain it away.. do be honest, I agree with everyone here.. but honest to a degree.. there are some things you can tell her and others not so much.. and those things you know by the fact that she is your mom and you know how she will react to certain things of this type.. such as how does she feel about alternate lifestyles.. that will tell you a lot about how she will react to whatever you might reveal... good luck...

`Kayla`
09-15-2008, 09:45 AM
I was talking to my Mom via email a week or so ago. I was telling her how I couldn't confide in my wife about everything in my life...her and my Dad are having issues too. We were sharing information between each other because neither of us really has anyone else to talk with. I told her that there was a part of me that if I were single I'd let show more than I ever have before.

Long story short...I told her there was a part of me that nobody knew but I wanted to bring out for some reason and I told her "no I'm not gay". She returned an email saying that if I was she'd still love me no matter what but was glad to hear me say I wasn't.

So I agree that Mom's are real accepting of their kids and what becomes of them. I think maybe I could share my little secret with my Mom and she'd actually be supportive. So maybe you should sit down with her and tell her the truth about it. Nothing wrong with being gay...I'm actually attracted to both men and women...but haven't told her that yet. I haven't told her about my secret yet either.

Just try to explain things to her the best you can and try to stay on the truthful path if possible. There are parts of your life she probably doesn't want to know...like your sexual pref and all that...or maybe just details of it I should say. But the rest about how you feel and why you dress will probably set her mind at ease.

jenny_cheerleader
09-15-2008, 10:05 AM
Thanks for all of your help. I spoke with one of my friends after reading the posts (who has known about me for a long time) and then talked to my mom about it. It wasn't a huge sit down and talk for like an hour but, I think I covered the bases. She hasn't mentioned it since, although it has been less than 24hrs. We'll see what happens.

Angie G
09-15-2008, 10:21 AM
Tell her the truth Jenny It may receive her from worrying the wrong things. After answering my wife's fears she was happy that cross-dressing was all it was.:hugs:
Angie

Bev Borden
09-15-2008, 12:04 PM
The very best advice I can give you, after 50 years of being a CD is to tell your mom all about how you feel. It will be difficult but it is best to get it out. I did not and have regretted it for all of my life. I always figured on telling her but then she passed away suddenly. If I knew then what I know now, I would have told her, regardless of what I had to bear. I know its very difficult, but it will free you from a lifetime of deceit.

Bev