PDA

View Full Version : Buttons

Hilary
05-25-2005, 04:17 PM
Hi Girls,
What do you find the most difficult part of dressing? I find the most difficult part of getting dressed is doing up buttons. I got some lovely blouses but I tend to wear the buttonless tops because they are so much easier to put on. Why can't we have unisex buttoning or would that ruin the whole point of CDing? (I love it really)
Hilary,
Hugs & XXXXXs

Tamara Croft
05-25-2005, 06:27 PM
YUK!!!!!!! I hate buttons with a vengence.... horrible little things..... (Tammy's fault) apart from my trousers.... I own NOTHING with buttons on :D

I say... away with them all.......

Sherlyn
05-25-2005, 06:32 PM
Yuk is right Tamara I've trouble with them ..without nails ... with nails ...tic toc ...20 mins later..

axdressa
05-25-2005, 06:35 PM
I dont have a problem with buttons as i dont wear anything with buttons on .... the real problem i have is the makeup i always put to much foundation on ... any tips would be greatfully welcomed xxx paula :)

StephanieCD
05-25-2005, 06:36 PM
Random: I believe the buttons on ladies shirts are on the other side because women of class used to be dressed by servants.

I think of that every time I try to do up some girly buttons - wish I had my servants about ;)

Sherlyn
05-25-2005, 06:43 PM
Cool Stephanie i always wondered why the buttons are reversed

MisterMissy
05-25-2005, 06:47 PM
yeah it's like those europeans who put the steering wheel on the wrong side of the car because they always had somebody else do the driving

DanaJ
05-25-2005, 07:11 PM
Random: I believe the buttons on ladies shirts are on the other side because women of class used to be dressed by servants.

I think of that every time I try to do up some girly buttons - wish I had my servants about ;)...and you are right, well as far as this webpage, which explains more than you will ever want to know about buttons...

Clickety click here (http://histclo.hispeed.com/mat/tech/but/but-con.html)

DanaJ (who also dislikes buttons in male or female mode)

StephanieCD
05-25-2005, 07:17 PM
yeah it's like those europeans who put the steering wheel on the wrong side of the car because they always had somebody else do the driving

ROFLMA!

Steffie-Lee
05-25-2005, 09:27 PM
and I leave the top one or two unbuttoned, that way as I walk a flash of lace, not only at the hem line, but at the top as well..... Very sexy.... ;)

~Tammy~
05-26-2005, 04:46 PM
DanaJ (who also dislikes buttons in male or female mode)

B....Bu...But...t....n..Ew.

I can't even type the word. Believe it or not I developed a morbid fear of buttons at a very early age. From asking my parents about it I think I may swallowed one and nearly choked to death or something. Even the thought or sight of buttons used to make me feel physically sick.
I'm not as bad now but still refuse to wear anything with buttons on.

http://www.avonhypnotherapy.co.uk/buttonphobia.htm

Jadeanne
05-26-2005, 10:35 PM
Most buttons don't bother me that much, but I will not buy any clothing that has more than one button in the back. It's also a real pain when a button falls off, can't be found, and a replacement that matches the original can't be found.

I find zippers are a bigger hassle for me.

I don't use makeup very often (I just dress femme around home), because application and removal would cut into my Internet time, and I don't want to get makeup on my clothing or my wife's clothing (she lets me borrow most of hers and she doesn't use makeup).

Jadeanne

AbbyLee
05-27-2005, 12:46 AM
Oh Honey,

I love buttons, because they are the oppsite of male. They make me feel more fem when I am buttoning a blouse, or skirt to show just enough leg to be tantalizing. After practcing for years when going fem buttons are simply devine (so many types, colors, sizes, etc.)

Hugs

AbbyLee

Topaz
05-27-2005, 01:05 AM
Hate, hate, hate, buttons. Can't get the damn things done up in the morning. My hands hurt too much. And why do they have to make them so small?

Hugs,
Topaz

Mandy Salamander
05-27-2005, 04:53 AM
Buttons?? zippers?? how 'bout those jewelry clasp thingies? with long nails, how's it done??? is everything designed for women specifically engineered to chip my nail polish?????

Wendy me
05-27-2005, 05:48 AM
buttons ...buttons.... lets see ... girls are we missing some thing here?????? i think so
ok look at all them little pains in the as_ that come with crossdressing......hair all over and in your eyes, sticking things in your eyes to do make up,....a run in your stockings as your going out the door,....the skirt to die for at the store in the wrong size,...new heels pincking your feet.... shaveing,,, waxeing................oh yes buttons as with all this what a pain in the as_ .....perhaps we should take the time to go slow and rember each and every little pain in the as_ as a delight full gift to our selfes.... oh i hate buttons .....in a delite full way...........

Katie Ashe
05-27-2005, 08:30 AM
What do you find the most difficult part of dressing?

Maybe my girly side shows, but to answer the Q... Deciding what outfit to where each night, then worse... mathcing shoes to my mood. lol :rolleyes:

Katie

Janice
05-27-2005, 09:04 AM
I love my blouses and sweaters with buttons. I feel so feminine when I am trying to get them fastened with long fingernails. And I particularly love blouses and sweaters with buttons in the back. Such a feminine feeling to have the buttons being fastened for me, and knowing I will have to ask to have them undone.

Jerry
05-27-2005, 09:12 AM
Not only do I love working, cooking, and cleaning in my skirts, but I LOVE the process of dressing. I'm always so excited. From selecting clothes to dolling up with the icing. I've never thought about it, but buttons are a part of that. I have some older blouses that have the buttons up the back too, and I always love wearing them. The ones across the shoulder are also very feminine. Then there's the big button up dresses. Soooo cute.

Enjoy it all.

Hugs. Jerry

jamiepabicd
05-27-2005, 12:26 PM
for me it's hooking my bra from behind. i have to put it on like a shirt and put my arms through the straps.
jamie

Sarah Ellis
05-27-2005, 05:28 PM
Being a leftie, I have no problems with buttons on blouses and things.. Its actually more difficult for me to fasten a male (yuk!) shirt.. :thumbsup:

Satin xxx

Julie York
05-27-2005, 05:42 PM
I'm not sure if this is true or not...Maybe an urban myth.

But anyway, if you are right handed your sword is on your left hip. So your clothing needs to close left over right to stop the sword catching on anything when you draw it out. Hence, the buttons on mens clothing.

Also, as whatsname said, if you are a lady you are dressed by someone else. T'other way round.

(Sorry whatsname. Can't be bothered reading back)

Samantha Jane
05-27-2005, 05:49 PM
I love buttons, especially on a skirts that I buy, where I haven't been able to try them on at the shop. You dash home, try the skirt on, pull the right side over to meet the button on the left and YES it fits. :)
Hate buttons, when you cannot do them up because they won't reach.

Girlie jeans are great, but hate the buttons. As all the womens jeans I like and buy, seem to do up on the drab side.

Samantha xx

StephanieCD
05-27-2005, 06:25 PM
But anyway, if you are right handed your sword is on your left hip. So your clothing needs to close left over right to stop the sword catching on anything when you draw it out. Hence, the buttons on mens clothing.

My father told me something similar about which side of a lady the man was supposed to walk... but I can't remember - if she's on my left and I draw my sword I could cut her but if she's on my right my elbow goes in her face. Never could remember that one... ;)