PDA

View Full Version : weird dream

Raquel June
09-15-2008, 05:23 PM
I almost never remember my dreams, and I certainly haven't had many emotionally overwhelming dreams. I had a few recurring dreams when I was younger. One was when I was about 4 to 8, I would always dream that I was on a beach or in a race (a race where I ended up in the water), and I would start being chased by jeweled skulls, then I would find myself in the middle of the dark ocean without land in sight, unable to swim anymore, the sun having set, and these two gleaming skulls bobbing towards me with a pissed-off look in their eyes. Then I would wake up.

I had another dream when I was about 10 to 12 that I had to get on a plane at an airport, but instead of a jet bridge, there was just a big white tube going from the ground onto the plane. The tube snaked back and forth a little, so you couldn't see the end once you were inside it, and it was barely wide enough for your shoulders, so you could really only wiggle a little once you were in it. That really doesn't seem like a very logical way to board an airplane at all, but it was a fairly upsetting dream.

Anyway...

I had a dream last night where I was en femme, and I was happy and I thought I looked really nice, but I've never thought of myself as being passable, so things got uncomfortable pretty fast.

I was in a huge modern church -- more like an amusement park, with all kinds of hallways attached and little libraries and daycare areas and people walking all around between services. I was a little uncomfortable being in the church, and I was wandering around in a fairly plain blue cotton dress that hung really nicely on me and flowed really well for being such a plain dress. It was a little purple-ish. But I was looking for something or someone, looking all around. And the church might have been an airport, or a school. I was trying to get to Florida for something? I couldn't find my flight. I ended up peeing myself, and then I had a big wet spot right in front of my nice dress. And then it was definitely a church, not an airport anymore. I wasn't panicked, but I just didn't know where to go. There wasn't any place for me to go. I found some folders to hold in front of myself so people couldn't tell. I was wandering around looking for restrooms, but every time I came to a restroom I would look at the men's room and think, "No, I can't go in there wearing this at a church," then I would look at the women's room and think, "No, they'll know what I am and I'll terrify some nice little girl." I just kept wandering around, up and down stairs, in and out of rooms. It wasn't really stressful, just very hopeless feeling. It went on forever. I didn't have anywhere to go. I couldn't even find an empty room just to go sit and wait for everyone to leave. My alarm didn't go off, but I woke up at 9:00 feeling very strange, almost hung over (but I didn't drink anything last night). It wasn't like you'd think a dream would be where you ended up peeing yourself in public. It was just a sense of happiness that turned into total hopelessness. I'm not depressed about it, but it's put me in a weird quiet mood all day.

Cathytg
09-15-2008, 05:36 PM
Wow! That's a lot of detail for a dream.

On those rare times when I have dreamed I was out in a dress, every one ended with me about to be outed. It never actually happened but was about to and it didn't seem so bad.

trannie T
09-15-2008, 06:30 PM
Last night I dreamed that I had a new boss and was working with her. After spending some time with her I realised that the only thing I was wearing above my waist was a bra. I thought I don't mind being outed but this is not the way I intended to out myself. I was not especially embarrased or ashamed, just a bit upset. I rarely remember my dreams, at least this one was amusing.

docrobbysherry
09-15-2008, 08:18 PM
Some dream Racquel!

Every time I've dreamed about peeing, I've found a large wet spot in my bed!
( Hasn't happened in a LONG time, tho. I don't drink like I used to!)

Jacqui
09-15-2008, 09:32 PM
Hi, Racquel, I love to have dreams in which my alter ego appears in some form.

A Freudian psychiatrist could probably write a few chapters about what your dream means. If I were one (which I'm not), I would sum it up by saying that your mind is torn between how you were brought up (church, libraries, day care areas...traditional beliefs and values) and how you have evolved to be the person you are today (the amusement park...excitement, chaos, frenzy.. and, airport...going places, speed, confusion).

"the fairly plain blue cotton dress" represents the "new" part of you who wants to blend in (pass). The hint of purple suggests that in addition to blending in, you want to be perceived as attractive and feminine. You have a lot of pride and like to do things with perfection. So the possibility of standing out (being read) and being thought of unfavorably, or mocked by those who share your early beliefs would be the ultimate embarrassment (p'ing on oneself).

Those early beliefs are supported by your not wanting to "terrify some nice little girl" because deep down, you may think that what you have become is "wrong."

You are trying to get somewhere....Florida? The Sunshine State, bright, hot, relaxed, colorful. It's a place for the new you. But the path is not clearly marked and being so far away from the chosen state (of mind) presents overwhelming feelings of hopelessness and despair as opposed to the happiness felt in the "fairly plain blue cotton dress."

Well, that would be my analysis. I don't know if any of this really applies to you, but I think it somehow applies to how I feel.

Then again, as Freud would say, "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar."

Hope your next dream gives you some answers.

Jacqui

CD Susan
09-15-2008, 10:49 PM
I have this reoccuring dream about once a week. In this dream I am out in public completely dressed as a woman. I do not percieve myself as passing but no one says anything to me. It is like I am in a place where cd'ing is commonplace and nobody cares what others are wearing. I am very happy in this dream and feel like I am in a place that I never want to leave. When I wake up and realize I was only dreaming a feeling of great sadness overcomes me. I want to go back to sleep and continue the dream but I never do. Jacqui, or anyone else, can you tell me what this dream means?

Tracii G
09-16-2008, 12:01 AM
A classic dream..It is telling you you feel out of control of the things around you.Not odd really.
Think of things that have been going on in your day to day life and try to get control.It could be bills,the price of gas lately maybe.
Some thing at work perhaps, take a long hard look at yourself I'll bet you will find the cause.I wouldn't worry too much.