PDA

View Full Version : What a day!!!

Shannen
09-15-2008, 10:17 PM
What a day!!! I just have to write down all that happened before bedtime.

It started at 3:30 AM, a half hour before my alarm clock was set to go off... I just couldn't sleep any longer! I had a 4 hour drive ahead of me and had 2 outfits already picked out for the day! One for work, and a skirt outfit for the drive!

I don't usually dress completely before leaving the house, but today I did. I figured it was early enough that the neighbors wouldn't be able to see anything even if they were awake. So I showered, did my makeup and wig and left the house by 4:30 fully enfemme! An hour later I found a McD's that was open and got my coffee! (what a long hour!)

I had a great drive... I just feel so comfortable driving enfemme, it makes the miles fly by! When I finally found a place to stop for breakfast, I figured a trip inside would give me a chance to stretch... well, it was just an excuse to present myself to the world... I thought my makeup was darn good today!

The lady who took my order was OK with me, but there was certainly a "read" taking place, and she scampered off to the back as soon as possible. Sure enough, moments later a younger man comes out with a rag asking over his shoulder if "anyone has wiped down tables yet?". I was filling my coffee cup and he had to get some cleaner out of a cabinet I was standing next to. As he straightened back up he said, "Those are some really cute shoes! I have such a hard time finding cute shoes in my size around here, where did you find them?"

:eek:

I'm not prepared for this! :) I mumble something about not remembering where I found them.... He continues on, "You have large feet, right? So do I! What stores do you shop at for your shoes?" I finally find my wits and tell him that I've had good luck at Payless shoes. Just then my order is up and we exchange goodbye's as I leave.

So, I've never had that situation pop up before. I was not prepared! After I drove away I kicked myself for not staying around for a longer chat. I do think that we were able to encourage each other just with the fact that this crossdresser in a skirt could talk about "cute shoes" with a guy working his job!

I arrived at my destination and had to wipe off the makeup, change into "work" clothes, and do a job. That took a few hours and then it was time to head back home. I had some shopping to do, and since one thing I needed was more razor cartidges, I did it in drab. Got some killer orange nail polishes from Sally Beauty Supply, and then hit a K-Mart. I wasn't going to stop there, but I do like some of the Jaqueline Smith clothing and figured I could at least stop by. Well, it was "Summer clothing clearance" day! EVERYTHING was $2.99 !!! .... $70 later...I've got some very nice new skirts, and even a couple of bathing suits! :heehee:

Ok, long story... it's about over...

Found a secluded parking lot and got comfortable again. I did up a set of glue-on nails with the orange polish... but they just weren't drying, so I used a set of deep red that I had already worn once and "popped" off. Well, about an hour from home I really wanted a subway sandwich, and as I got out of the car, a nail "popped" off, so I sat back down for another drop of glue. Unscrewed the top, set the top down and picked up the nail, turned the bottle of glue over, and finally noticed the WHOLE TOP of the bottle was off!!! Not before my entire hand was covered in super glue!!!!

Well, I didn't get my subway. The funniest part of the story is that I picked up acetone based polish remover earlier in the day "in case I every have to soak off these nails". I popped off 3 of the nails on that hand, and all the others from my non-glued hand, and poured the remover into a cup and commenced soaking! Those last 2 nails came off in pieces! If you glue those on right, they aren't coming off easily!

Well, I'm typing with all 10 fingers now... 2 hours later...

What a day!!!

:hugs:

justmetoo
09-15-2008, 11:54 PM
The lady who took my order was OK with me, but there was certainly a "read" taking place, and she scampered off to the back as soon as possible. Sure enough, moments later a younger man comes out with a rag asking over his shoulder if "anyone has wiped down tables yet?". I was filling my coffee cup and he had to get some cleaner out of a cabinet I was standing next to. As he straightened back up he said, "Those are some really cute shoes! I have such a hard time finding cute shoes in my size around here, where did you find them?"

This part was really cool :heehee:

PamelaTX
09-16-2008, 07:56 AM
Nice story Shannen! Thanks for sharing.

tamarav
09-16-2008, 08:00 AM
Don't you just hae it when your fingers are glued together and you can't get things open? I am sorry it happened but glad to find out I am not alone...

Patty
09-16-2008, 08:17 AM

I'm not prepared for this! I mumble something about not remembering where I found them.... He continues on, "You have large feet, right? So do I! What stores do you shop at for your shoes?" I finally find my wits and tell him that I've had good luck at Payless shoes. Just then my order is up and we exchange goodbye's as I leave.

Yes--I too would not know what to say and then would be hard on myself for not talking with him
It was nice that he came up and talked---how many of us would do that??

Angie G
09-16-2008, 08:20 AM
Sound like a really nice day. Except the glue part Shannen.:hugs:
Angie

Di
09-16-2008, 08:22 AM
Yup what a day a mix of good and bad but for the most part very good!!:D

CD Susan
09-16-2008, 08:37 PM
Nice story Shannen. So I assume the girl who took your food order alerted the young man about the presence of a cd'r in the restaurant? I find that interesting and amusing. I'm sure you made his day.

Shannen
09-17-2008, 07:44 AM
Nice story Shannen. So I assume the girl who took your food order alerted the young man about the presence of a cd'r in the restaurant? I find that interesting and amusing. I'm sure you made his day.

Yes Susan, I'm pretty sure she couldn't wait to spread the news. This young man obviously has none of the hangups I have about letting others know about his feminine side. She did him a favor by letting him know there was "another" one at the counter! :D

This type of situation was probably what I feared most when I started going out en femme. Now I enjoy the many different reactions, from not noticing (yes!) to noticing but not reacting, to noticing and smiling and nudging someone else to take a look. I've been lucky that no one has been openly rude to me so far, but I know that might happen.

Holly
09-17-2008, 08:05 AM
...I've been lucky that no one has been openly rude to me so far, but I know that might happen.

:hugs:It might Shannen, but as long as you remain confident in yourself you will reduce that risk immensely! Congratulations.

Bev06 GG
09-17-2008, 01:22 PM
Like your confidence Shannen. Nice story too, its good to read some one else's experiences of being out in the wide world.
Take care
Bev

cosmolovesph
09-17-2008, 04:52 PM
Glad to hear you are still having fun out there!

Jaclyn NM
09-17-2008, 05:07 PM
I feel for you but, for some reason, our lives as crossdressers is never easy. I guess that means it makes us stronger. Keep the faith.

Shannen
09-17-2008, 08:58 PM
Thank you everyone for the encouraging replies! Here is a pic of my outfit... in case you were wondering why in the world I would be looking for orange nail polish!? (I like orange on me, what does that mean about my coloring?)

StephanieC
09-17-2008, 09:30 PM
I KNEW you'd have a story! You always seem to find excitement on your times out.