PDA

View Full Version : So, how many closet cd's are going out dressed this Halloween?

Jess_cd32
09-17-2008, 03:06 AM
I recently heard that 90% of closet cd's (like myself) take this one time chance you can get away with it, and get dressed and head out to party in the straight clubs and others.
Any closet cd's here making any plans to go out?

pinkeverything
09-17-2008, 04:44 AM
I really want to. I have wanted to for years. I wouldn't know where to begin or who to go with. I think that I would have to go out alone. I'm a chicken......Pkak.

BLACK STOCKINGS
09-17-2008, 05:01 AM
Well I have been getting dressed for Halloween for years. I do not go out but I stand outside on my front porch and give out candy. I get a great response from all the ladies walking around with their kids. And many complements from them on how good I look. Some even saying they wished they had my legs and figure.

It is a great time for me would not miss it! I even take the day off work so I get make sure I get everything perfect.

Stormgirl
09-17-2008, 05:56 AM
Not I, I don't plan on going out and doing any dressing at all. I might go out however no dressing for me. :|

Emma England
09-17-2008, 05:59 AM
In the UK, Halloween is not celebrated in this manner.

Can you not celebrate the event everyday? Then you could dress as you like.

susan2010
09-17-2008, 06:45 AM
This one, I hope. Some neighbors usually have a party, and I hope to go dressed if I don't have something else that night. The wife won't like it, but at least 2 guys are dressed up every year, usually as sexy nurse or some similar theme. One neighbor almost always goes as a female; I'm a little suspicious about him; he may be ONE OF THEM!

deja true
09-17-2008, 07:14 AM
... One neighbor almost always goes as a female; I'm a little suspicious about him; he may be ONE OF THEM!

Nudge, nudge, Susan! So are YOU!

and me...and her...and her...and her...and her...(fades into the distance...)

Sara Jessica
09-17-2008, 07:25 AM
Can you not celebrate the event everyday? Then you could dress as you like.

Well said Emma!!!

And keeping in mind we're all at different stages in this whole TG thing, and that I've been there/done that when it comes to Halloween dressing, I have no intention of doing so again.

Ashlee
09-17-2008, 07:27 AM
Went dressed last year to a party, I had an awesome time and Ashlee was well received by those there. I had never, ever been dressed up as woman in public. I had gotten a makeover from Jamie Austin and looked great if I do say so. I don't think it'll happen this year though. The Mrs. expressed her displeasure in my going as a woman and it'd probably raise some eyebrows and comments along the lines of "didn't he do that last year"? among others.

LisaElizabeth
09-17-2008, 07:30 AM
Going to a 'T-party' sposored by a Chicago group of 'T' friendly businesses, with my wife!!!
I'll be a Medieval Pricess and my wife a Troubador!! We hope to take pictures!!
Lisa E

Crissy Kay
09-17-2008, 08:24 AM
I did go out a couple years ago, it was a lot of fun!!! I may go this year, if I can go with a local cd friend, that I dress up with once in a while. We can be Mistress and Maid!!!!

cindichicago
09-17-2008, 08:29 AM
I am SO looking forward to going our dressed.

Cindi

valenstein
09-17-2008, 08:54 AM
I'm still undecided, I don't know what my plans are yet. I'm sure this will come up again here before Halloween, but it makes me uneasy to wear things as a costume that otherwise make me feel normal. The one time I did, I went over the top into the drag category. I felt free walking through the grocery store in an evening gown, but when it came down to it, I was still hiding who I was.

Aside from parents dressing their kids and some specific theme costume parties, I think most people dress up as someone they idolize, something that's really humorous, or something that releases their inner emotions for a day. Maybe it's easier to see since I'm one of them, but I would bet money that anyone who dresses opposite their birth gender on Halloween has some CD/TG desires, or at least wants to let their feminine/masculine side out.

carolinewalker_2000
09-17-2008, 10:14 AM
I would LOVE to; but unlikely!!!!!

Angie G
09-17-2008, 10:20 AM
I don't think so the Grand kids don't want to see angie again.:hugs:
Angie

Barbra_in_Tulsa
09-17-2008, 10:31 AM
I am going to try, I got an AWESOME Wonder Woman costume but I don't have any place to wear it yet. I am not a big partier, and in Oklahoma, there are not a lot of TG friendly places. If nothing else, I will get dressed up and take lots of photos.....

susan2010
09-17-2008, 10:36 AM
to déjÃ* true;
what!? What do you mean ?! I can't be one of THEM! You got me so angry my pantyhose is all bunched up!

rosiegirl
09-17-2008, 10:51 AM
I know I am

PhillyGuy2Girl
09-17-2008, 11:59 AM
I would like to,but I'm not since our local hang out does have a party ever year and we are well known there,I don't want to raise any suspicions.If my wife & I were the same size,it might be different.They would just think that I just put on her stuff for Halloween,ha ha ha. But since she's petite and I'm 6' 3",they'll figure out that I went out bought myself women's clothes and that might raise a red flag to them.

Speaking of Halloween,this reminds of the time I was 5th grade back in 1975. I was 10 and our elementry school always had our students get dressed in costumes and then we would have a little parade with a partner, just walking around a few blocks of the schools and the parents would just come and see us. My best friend at the time told me he was going come in an awesome costume and would have to wait. Anyway, I came as Evil Kinevel,who was very popular at that time.My friend came dressed as a woman! Blonde wig,pearl necklace,lipstick.The whole works! He was my partner in the parade and some others just jokingly made some comments and my friend just said "Yeah, I'm Evil Kinevel's wife" ! Looking back that was a riot.

Felicity :)

c_colliertv
09-17-2008, 12:15 PM
Hi - Christie Ann Collier here!

I know this may sound silly or arrogant, but going out dressed for Halloween for me seems to be very dangerous.

In my case I am very much in the closet, so no one knows (including my wife), so if I were to go to a party dressed I actually think that I would look too good.

I am not dumb enough to think that I could pass under any circumstnaces, but after all of the these years I think my presentation is pretty damn good, not to mention the fact that my ability to walk in four inch high heels is stellar.

So, at a party the danger for me would be looking almost good enough to pass.

What a bummer!!!

Hugs,

Christie Ann

Tina B.
09-17-2008, 12:34 PM
I will probably dress for Halloween. Oh not as a female, but as Frankenstein's monster or some such, I usually do a haunted house type thing.
last year I did have a group of young teens come to the door, with a pretty princess leading the way, the rest holding back a couple of paces, she was dressed in a full length gown, Blond wig, and pearl necklace, with a pretty pair of shoes to match, but when she said Trick or Treat, his voice cracked and you could tell at once it was a boy, had one of the others done the talking I would never have noticed him, as a him, he looked to be about 14, I thought it was very brave of him to wear that at that age, he looked very comfortable in his costume. I was a little jealous, I have to admit!
Tina B.

Jill
09-17-2008, 12:38 PM
Every Halloween I entertain the idea but can't really seem to figure out a way to do it. I guess I feel like more and more people are becoming aware these days that there are men who crossdress. I think if you buy 'questionable items' at stores, people suspect things and I feel like if I showed up dressed as a woman at a party without anyone putting me up to it, people would suspect.

I think there are males who crossdress on halloween as a joke and you can tell it's a joke because their wig is crooked and they leave all their facial and body hair on and things like that. When a male shows up at a party that is almost convincingly a woman and nobody put him up to it, then you start to wonder. I had a friend who's boyfriend showed up on halloween in full drag without anyone putting him up to it, I have been sure ever since that he is hiding something.

I also understand that I shouldn't care what other people think, but to an extent, we all care what other people think. Let's face it, there are stigmas attached to people who crossdress and even though I really am a very regular, every day guy, the way people treat me and regard me would change if they knew. So unless some GG brought it up, wanted to dress me up and guided me through the whole process, it probably wouldn't ever happen. The only other scenario I can imagine is having a close confident friend that knows about my secret and pretended to have put me up to it.

Stephanie Michelle
09-17-2008, 01:49 PM
I have a few time in the past when the kids were young. Have not gone to a party in the last three years. AM trying to find one and convince the wife to get dressed so I can also. I doubt it will happen.

StephaniE

amber 07
09-17-2008, 01:57 PM
I just purchased 2 tickets to the local symphony Halloween concert which is presenting a couple of my favourites, including Night On Bald Mountain. My Fiancee' and myself are dressing for it. It will be my 2nd time out as Amber and my 1st time out and about in a crowd. I'm so excited I can hardly wait. Pics will be forthcoming. Hugs, Amber

crusadergirl
09-17-2008, 01:59 PM
I've thought about doing it but since i have been kirra 2 years in row. My friends are againist me do it again. I was told last year not too but i didn't listen. I have a different look every year so its not like i'm wearing the same thing.

Sarah...
09-17-2008, 02:12 PM
S'funny. I always hated dressing up for haloween! With a passion.

I often thought of going en femme but was too chicken. I wanted to dress up but didn't want to look over the top - just go as myself so to speak and that always felt too close to outing myself at a time when that wasn't an option. And so obviously I then thought of really going over the top with my female dressing to convince people I wasn't really into "being female" but that seemed not to be right somehow, so I didn't bother.

I did dress up as the "Tiger Who Came for Tea" once - it wasn't haloween but does that count? :D:battingeyelashes:

Sarah...

KimberlyS
09-17-2008, 02:44 PM
Interestingly I have only been out enfemme twice near Halloween. I never really seen it as a CDers holiday as I have mostly wanted to wear the more mainstream femme clothes.

MJ
09-17-2008, 02:51 PM
i think my church is gearing up to show the rocky horror picture show this year so i am going to see it

VeronicaMoonlit
09-17-2008, 03:40 PM
I'm still undecided, I don't know what my plans are yet. I'm sure this will come up again here before Halloween, but it makes me uneasy to wear things as a costume that otherwise make me feel normal. The one time I did, I went over the top into the drag category. I felt free walking through the grocery store in an evening gown, but when it came down to it, I was still hiding who I was.

I dressed for Halloween once in 2001, it was a bad idea, and I've never done it again. It ruined Halloween for me. The big mistake was in wearing regular women's clothing and doing too good a job of it.

This is what I wore (pictures not taken on Halloween but a couple of months later):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/veronicamoonlit/2838293385/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/veronicamoonlit/2839125564/

Though I changed to more sensible footwear later in that day.

It got attention from people that knew me, but in a way that I wasn't ready for. And essentially I was being dishonest, it was like I was saying "Ha ha I'm transgendered but you can't say anything because it's Halloween so the jokes on you." I didn't like feeling dishonest.

That said, I'm not opposed to people dressing for Halloween, but it's something that one should think about a bit, and not just do it without much thinking.

Veronica
Rondelle (Ron) Rogers Jr.

heather42fl
09-17-2008, 04:05 PM
Lets see! Chance to dress up in a sexy female costume, go out in public and have fun. HECK YES YES YES:)!!!

Chloe Renee
09-17-2008, 04:15 PM
Halloween? Hmm probably not, I have plans to scare the neighbor hood children a different way. The week after on the other hand, I have a party where that might happen. If I get the outfit done I started last year.

Jaclyn NM
09-17-2008, 04:25 PM
I would love to do it, but I don't think my wife is ready for me to go that far yet. She has accepted my crossdressing, and has been supportive to a point, and I don't want to push too far too fast. I'm just so happy that she's okay with me dressing around the house. But i've got a whole year to work on her till Holloween 2009, and hopefully I can go totally enfemme. But I plan on doing it tastefully, nothing over the top or too trashy.

Tiffany Leigh
09-17-2008, 06:57 PM
Last year I dressed with the help of Wife and sis-in-law(she knows). Sis went as Brittany Spears before K-fed and I was the after version, drunk and hairy! Anyways, halloween isnt very serious and if you dress serious(normal IMO) you may be asking for trouble. I dont like not being able to express myself the way I want to and fear being outed, that said, we are hoping to go out of town and have a girls weekend soon.

Caitlintgsd
09-17-2008, 07:12 PM
You mean that Halloween's NOT 3-4 times a week? Sheesh, I wish somebody had told me sooner...

Karen C
09-17-2008, 07:41 PM
I had told my friend at work that insists that I come to his party that I will come but olny for a while. I came up with an excuse for his wife that I am coming as a dead drag queen with 6 in clear fuzzy yellow and pink heals and a blue bowa in a short black dress with bad make up because imterrable at it .
ive been practiceing and I cant wait the fog is ingulfing me and I love it im just trying to figur out how to drive a jeep wrangler stick . I guess ill have top go shoping for flats o well

shoping spree :daydreaming::D OMG this feels grate what a rush!

Jadeanne
09-18-2008, 01:10 AM
2 years ago at home I handed out treats dressed as a hippie chick.

This year I will help out at our church's neighborhood kids (12 and under) party. Last year I was a male football fan and several other volunteers (2 dressed as Smurfs) weren't impressed. This year I'm going to be Minnie Mouse - have a long red polka dot dress, mouse ears, etc.

justsearching
09-18-2008, 02:24 AM
i really want to so bad! BUT im not sure i can cuz everyone will know cuz id want to go all out and get a mannicure and pedicure and everything so im scared theyll know! family friends people i meet at parties that night! too scared i guess :(

allisonrn06
09-18-2008, 04:12 AM
I would love to go out dressed this year, but unless I get invited to a theme party, it's probably not going to happen. All our friends know that I've dressed as a girl for Halloween at least once, and I don't want them to see a pattern there. Still, one of my dreams as a CD is to spend a day getting ready for Halloween - shopping, makeover, nails, etc... it would be great fun!!!

MarinaTwelve200
09-18-2008, 06:46 AM
I did a Gypsy Fortune teller for our church adult sunday school Halloween party in '04. I found if one does a female CHARACTER rather than simply "a woman" a LOT of the "CD creepyness" factor is defused not only in my own mind/psyche but in the reactions of others too. The costume also allowed me to go over the top with makeup, jewellery, etc.

I was the hit of the party, ALL the ladies wanted me to "read their fortunes"---a great if not drastic way to meet chicks ;)

Here is a pic. Check me out--upper left
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=277&pictureid=1955

Unless I can think of an excuse to revive the gypsy, I am likely only to go as "Colonel Sanders" or "Sherlock Holmes" this year.

Brenda's Friend
09-18-2008, 08:23 AM
I would absolutely love to, my SO years ago said NO to the dressing. When I dress, it is in secret. I did dress as Mrs. Claus in college with a friend (female) go as Santa. But maybe some day my wife will suggest...

BF

Josie Angel
09-18-2008, 09:58 AM
Marina Twelve, thank you for the advice. I think you're on to something. After reading some of the other posts, your response makes me feel better about dressing up for Halloween. Which I TOTALLY want to do.

I'm a little scared of the experience leading to me being "outed" on the one hand. On the other hand, I don't want to live my life in fear anymore (getting so sick of it) and being outed might actually be a relief.

Last year, I bought fairy wings and angel wings. I wanted to dress up v. gay but didn't dare do it at my straight friend's party (which was cancelled anyway) and didn't get invited to any gay ones.

This was one of the things that paved the way for Josie to reveal herself to me, my interest in wings and fairies and wanting to dress as a femme twink. About six months later, I discovered the sweet red-haired girl who's always been there just beneath my skin. (And I love her to death!)

This year, I am thinking of going as a female character (NOT Josie) to my friend's annual Halloween party. I haven't decided what though. I hope one of my lesbian friends will have a party too, though, so I can be Josie and she can wear her own costume. (Josie wants to be a fairy princess so badly!)

My friend who has the annual party is a movie nut like myself. Maybe if I went as a female movie character we both love? Hmmmmm....

If anyone wants to help me brainstorm, message me or leave a message here.

*hugs*

P.S. I've been gone for a while, but it feels so good to be back here. I just love the energy here--all the wisdom, humor, and support that are available.

Janetmichelle
09-18-2008, 10:30 AM
I have gone out dressed before but I don't know if I will get a chance this year and I haven't even really though about what I would go as. I have been so busy at work that I have had a chance to give it much thought. But it is still more than a month away so we will see. Cheers all.

Jan

"Mary"
09-18-2008, 04:04 PM
I am totally going to dress up this Halloween. This year my wife sees it coming and is even recommending costume choices. She wants me to be a cheerleader. I think the costume I would want for that is a little pricey. I'm leaning toward nurse (like 2006), but she says "it's boring". Hmmm! 'll have to decide soon. I'm also looking for parties to attend Thurs/ Fri / Sat evenings (not all three).

Melinda G
09-18-2008, 04:47 PM
If you don't dress up to the nines, en femme, on Halloween, and go out, it's time to turn in your pantyhose! Halloween is the CDers Superbowl. :D

Raquel June
09-18-2008, 06:36 PM
I've gone out on Halloween, but it was always to the same clubs I go to en femme the rest of the year.

It'd be really fun to have an excuse to go out with my more conservative friends this year. I hope I get invited to something I can go to. I would feel kinda bad if someone didn't say I was a little too good at dressing up. :)

Well said Emma!!!

And keeping in mind we're all at different stages in this whole TG thing, and that I've been there/done that when it comes to Halloween dressing, I have no intention of doing so again.

Huh? You're saying that you're at a different "stage" and have progressed beyond going out on Halloween?

I didn't realize everything fun had to be something you grew out of.

it makes me uneasy to wear things as a costume that otherwise make me feel normal. The one time I did, I went over the top into the drag category. I felt free walking through the grocery store in an evening gown, but when it came down to it, I was still hiding who I was.
most people dress up as someone they idolize, something that's really humorous, or something that releases their inner emotions for a day.

I guess that's what Sara was talking about...

The thing is, I've often hung out with drag queens. Most of them try really hard to convince people that they're not the slightest bit TG. It's always, "I just love to perform." That's fine, but there are a lot of outlets for you to perform that don't involve dressing up like a woman. Anyway, some people treat me like a queen, but people generally notice I'm going fish and not drag and that I actually like dressing for the sake of dressing.

Anyway, my point here is that I can see that you might be afraid that people will laugh at you (thinking they're laughing with you) about you being dressed like a woman, but I really don't think many would. I mean, even when people see a really good joke of a costume, they're more like, "Wow! Nice!" They don't do anything to belittle you, just like people in gay bars don't make fun of the queens, even though they're often going way over the top as a joke.

Of course I could be wrong, and maybe I'd be really uncomfortable at a Halloween party with everybody thinking I was just trying to make a joke.

I am going to try, I got an AWESOME Wonder Woman costume but I don't have any place to wear it yet. I am not a big partier, and in Oklahoma, there are not a lot of TG friendly places. If nothing else, I will get dressed up and take lots of photos.....

Ooh! If I found a good Wonder Woman costume I'd definitely need to find a party! I was actually just looking for one earlier today. I always watched the TV show, and one time my dad was kinda freaked out when he came home one day (I was about 5) and I was jumping up and down on the bed saying I was Wonder Woman. I had taken foil from a gum package and made bracelets out of it...

Anastacia_Sandria
09-18-2008, 08:52 PM
Yes yes yes yes and yes. I've been driving my wife nuts with trying to figure out A)what I'm going to wear, and B) how we're going to afford it >.< . Stupid expensive clothing....*grumble*.

I'd actually love to arrange a get together in the DC/Maryland area, so if anyone on here is around there, drop a line and lets see what we can come up with. I'll probably post something in the "Out and About" forum too, once we're actually in October.

DeeDeeB
09-19-2008, 12:22 PM
I haven't decided yet for this year, but I've gone to parties as Natasha to my wife's Boris character (Bullwinkle show) and a flapper with my wife as a gangster. I've gone to work (we have a costume party) as Elvira and a gypsy fortune teller. I may hold off this year as I dressed last year, and I'm not sure I'm ready to convince those who already suspect something's a little different about me. I have really enjoyed these outings, and have had no negative experiences from them. I agree that if you do go out, do it as a specific character. You can get away with a lot more that way, as our gorgeous fairy princess shows, and there's a lot less chance of being thought of as a CD. :D

Dee :fairy1:

_Cecilie_
09-19-2008, 07:18 PM
Hi - Christie Ann Collier here!

I know this may sound silly or arrogant, but going out dressed for Halloween for me seems to be very dangerous.

In my case I am very much in the closet, so no one knows (including my wife), so if I were to go to a party dressed I actually think that I would look too good.

I am not dumb enough to think that I could pass under any circumstnaces, but after all of the these years I think my presentation is pretty damn good, not to mention the fact that my ability to walk in four inch high heels is stellar.

So, at a party the danger for me would be looking almost good enough to pass.

What a bummer!!!

Hugs,

Christie Ann

Same thing here. My soon-to-be-wife wants me to try dressing at halloween at first, to see how that goes. Last year we drove around a little in the car. That was fun :daydreaming: Maybe this year we can take another babystep. Maybe stop at a drive through? :heehee:

arani5879
09-19-2008, 09:32 PM
I have never gone out on halloween as just a girl too boring, besides growing up I was always envious of all the great costumes the girls got so now that I am older and wiser I get to wear them. Granted I'm sure that sooner or later my friends will figure things out if they haven't already as some comments have been made. So far I have been a hooker, cleopatra, vampire(female version of course), and a french maid. It will probably be my girlfriends choice as to what I go as this year she wants to out do her work she did last year(She went all out even gave me a manicure and pedicure I bought a new wig and I finally bought silicone forms) as the french maid so I might not get to pick but it should be good and I know I will have fun.

ericalynncd
09-19-2008, 09:42 PM
This will be my first time out. I'm so excited. We have a club in town for us gurls, so I'm going solo.

glitrtoes
09-19-2008, 11:26 PM
I'm going to do it for the first time, have a pretty Malaysian dress that fits like it was made for me just begging for a day out....don't plan to wait for night!

I DO need some new shoes....might be the first stop of the day, shoe shopping for completing the outfit Halloween morning. Best way to find the right pair isn't it...to go in the outfit you want them for? lol, never been shopping in femme before, can't see why not get started on the day when people will be MORE likely to check it out than try to ignore the dressup.

emmicd
09-19-2008, 11:34 PM
I would certainly welcome dressing as a woman for Halloween but my wife would not wish me to!

emmi

GINA-CD
09-20-2008, 12:04 AM
I've been thinking about it for several weeks now. I've been asking around for parties but found none yet. Besides, wife is an issue since she doesn't know about Gina, so either I find the way to go out by myself or I trick her into dressing me, but that way I won't get to wear my sexy clothes but hers and it will be more for fun than for sexiness... Summarizing, I don't know, but I'll keep trying.

Mercedes
09-20-2008, 12:11 AM
I would love to but when I mentioned it to my wife it was not well received. She said she found this really cute "Flapper" purse so we could go as a 20's Flapper and Gangster. I mentioned that I could go as the Flapper and unfortunately got a very cold reply.

Now, she actually said we could but I know she would be very unhappy and it would probably create more problems then the enjoyment and excitement that I would get by dressing in public for the first time. Plus I would be scared out of my mind.

I do look forward to seeing all the pictures that start arriving on November 1st of all the costumes.

Mercedes XOXOXO

TSchapes
09-20-2008, 09:18 AM
I'm semi-closeted. My close friends & family members know, not everybody. And I don't go out much (yet).

Halloween holds a special place for me because when I was in my late 20's, I dressed as a girl for the first time. I found out that it would have been better to wear a girl's costume! So the next Halloween I went as a Playboy Bunny. Much more fun!

My first date with my wife was on Halloween and I went as Elvira, or a close approximation thereof.

This year I want to go to work dressed as they have a Halloween contest. I want to do the Elegant Goth Lolita thing. I've got the outfit, I don't know it I want to be "out" to the whole corporation!

Love, Tracy

Sophie_C
09-20-2008, 10:24 AM
I recently heard that 90&#37; of closet cd's (like myself) take this one time chance you can get away with it, and get dressed and head out to party in the straight clubs and others.

You know, with this subject, because I know what I know now, I pretty much PRESUME everyone crossdressing on Halloween is in the closet and pretending to 'just be funny' or whatever (finally having an 'excuse' to be themselves' in their own eyes), but what I wonder is if society-at-large is aware of this too.

Maybe the GG's here can answer that question?

Daniellecd07
09-20-2008, 05:57 PM
I went to a town party as a half man half women; I won the prize for the best couple!
It was fun; my whole famly was there!:battingeyelashes:

maidvicky
09-20-2008, 06:15 PM
YESYESYES I am
My GGF Lynn said she would be a Dominatrix and i could wear my Maids uniform !!
She's even looking for platform heels to go with her black pants suit....

I am SOOOOO excited....she said she's never done ANYTHING like this so I hope it turns out to be wonderful for her....maybe we'll have a prize to share together !!!

love
Vicki:daydreaming:

JulieFL
09-20-2008, 06:35 PM
I went out dressed last year. If I do it again this year, itn might rase some eyebrows.

kimmy p
09-20-2008, 09:20 PM
I went out dressed last year. If I do it again this year, itn might rase some eyebrows.

Same with me, but at this point I'm sure some have already guessed the truth. And I haven't lost any friends yet. At this point in my life it's for my wife's sake that I stay closeted. She is helping me sew my costume this year, and it's not only with her blessing, but fairly tale characters were her idea (Red riding hood for me), so if my secret is guessed then it was meant to be.

Sophie_C
09-20-2008, 09:39 PM
I'm not so sure. The other year at Mardi Gras I looked round a crowded bar and calculated that one man in six was cross-dressed. They can't all be closet TVs can they????

Some blokes just do it for fun, period. How sad if those of us who really desperately want to do it, don't dare.

Katie B

Nope, I still think the vast majority are in the closet. I'm just going to have to agree to disagree with you on it...

Kieroney
09-20-2008, 10:23 PM
Yep, the Miss's in my case hated my dressing on Halloween, so this year I'll just go out without her.

Jess_cd32
09-21-2008, 03:22 AM
I've been out as an Indian and won 3rd place w/ that outfit, also went one year as a Chippendale stripper (I've got a slim but muscular build), both were cool outfits and had a lot of fun w/ them.
Gonna make it out as a cd eventually, just would like to find a good club were nobody's going to harrass and a few other cd's to go along would be nice.

Katheryn
09-21-2008, 06:31 AM
I recently heard that 90% of closet cd's (like myself) take this one time chance you can get away with it, and get dressed and head out to party in the straight clubs and others.

Halloween is the high holy day of the closet CD world. I first went out dressed on Halloween, myself, many years ago.

Kate

Raquel June
09-21-2008, 05:36 PM
I'm not so sure. The other year at Mardi Gras I looked round a crowded bar and calculated that one man in six was cross-dressed. They can't all be closet TVs can they????

Some blokes just do it for fun, period. How sad if those of us who really desperately want to do it, don't dare.

That opens the old debate of what it takes to actually be classified as CD/TV/TG/TS. People dress up as girls because they want to. Hopefully it's a fun thing for them. There are plenty people on this forum who don't have very strong transgendered feelings.

Some would say any guy who's tried on his girlfriend's panties is a CD. Some would say anyone who ever dressed up as a girl for Halloween is obviously a CD if they couldn't find an interesting male or non-gendered costume.

But regardless, I would say that a very large number of guys dressing up as girls for Halloween would dress up at other times, too, if they were comfortable with it and given the opportunity.

Jess_cd32
09-22-2008, 02:58 AM
Nope, I still think the vast majority are in the closet. I'm just going to have to agree to disagree with you on it...

I'm inclined to agree w/ you Sophie_C. I think all that pent up urge to cd can finally be released and some just go for it. You can tell by how they look I feel, by how good they look (generally). If they got the outfit totally together and looking great chances are they are a cd w/ some practice.

I've seen some guys that just threw something of grandmas' on,lol and then some that put some real effort into it and took it seriously. The serious better looking dresser I'm betting is 90&#37; closet cd.

Personally, I won't go out on Halloween cd-ed unless everything looked perfect and I was as passable as possible.

LaurenDanielle
09-22-2008, 02:22 PM
i really want to so bad! BUT im not sure i can cuz everyone will know cuz id want to go all out and get a mannicure and pedicure and everything so im scared theyll know! family friends people i meet at parties that night! too scared i guess :(

That is what I am doing. I am going totally all out. Manicure, pedicure, face/eyebrow waxing, feminine haircut, totally new outfit, breastforms, etc.

Tehe but I am only 20 and don't live with my parents so they can't stop me. I am going to this huge rave called monster massive. Has anyone other than me heard of it and if so would they like to come with. This will be my first time out in public, and as such I am very nervous. But it is cool, cuz all my friends are helping me out, cuz most of them know and they r all supportive. So lemme know if anyone is around LA and wants to come with or meet up there.

Love,
Lauren Danielle

JaytoJillian
09-22-2008, 10:41 PM
i think my church is gearing up to show the rocky horror picture show this year so i am going to see it

Now that's one VERY cool church!

Rachel Morley
09-22-2008, 11:03 PM
In the UK, Halloween is not celebrated in this manner.
It's true, in the UK Halloween is different. As a Brit who is married to an American and who is a permanent resident of the good ole US of A, you are right Halloween is different and I love it! :)

Over here Halloween is THE costume party! Kids, Moms, Dads, everyone dresses up for fun, that's why dressing en femme is "normal" because for that day no matter how well you pass (or not) "it's a costume" and no one cares. This is the great thing about being a closet CD and living in the US, this day it becomes "almost normal" to be crossdressed. I love America!

Anyway, Jess, to answer your question, I'm (of course) going to a Halloween party and I'm going as a Southern Belle with all the skirts! However, I do plan to be en femme all day! :D

Melinda G
09-22-2008, 11:14 PM
I've gone out on Halloween, for as many years as I can remember. Sometimes in my maid outfit, or hooker dress, or charleston dress, or little red riding hood. But always later in the evening, and with a coat on, and just walked around the streets to be out. This year I was thinking of going out early, while the trick or treaters are still out on the street, and dressed as a witch. I was thinking of wearing black pantyhose, leotard, or teddy, and black high heels, with a witches hat and cape, and either witch makup, or just a mask. I though it might be fun to be out with all the trick or treaters, but not go up to any houses. Whatta ya think?

This is my hooker outfit. With a Santa Claus hat, it becomes a Christmas Carole outfit. :D

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj108/popeye9941/aa48.jpg

Carly D.
09-23-2008, 09:19 AM
I wish I knew someone who would dare me to go out dressed up.. another guy who would say he would if I would type of thing...

daviolin
09-23-2008, 10:28 AM
T72323
This is my costume for this year. I can't wait. What do you think?

susancheerleader
09-23-2008, 10:48 AM
I'm thinking about it. I wanted to go "out" last year but my family talked me out of it because they figured people would start calling me gay. So I again, stayed home.

This year, I may go out dressed but to an out of town location where I don't need to worry about it. :)

Raquel June
09-23-2008, 01:22 PM
susancheerleader:

If you go out just trying to pass and wearing normal clothes, that's what's going to make people suspicious. You need to go out dressed as a cheerleader!

It's really not even appropriate to attempt to use Halloween as an excuse to gain acceptance for gender issues. If you don't have some sort of a costume, people might think you're making fun of women or the transgendered. Like, "Hey, it's Halloween! Look at me, guys! I'm a tranny! Ha ha ha!"

Although it could be fun to go out as a drag queen if you really overdid it.

I suppose a Miss America sash would be a cute idea, but that would probably be obvious that you just wanted to wear a nice gown.

Marla16
09-23-2008, 02:00 PM
I agree with Racquel when I go out I want to pass and fit in as a women, I think dressing as a women and not in a costume, is not right for me. I certainly dont need Halloween to go out dressed. I also think many people would think that a man dressed on Halloween and looking to good would be suspicious

suzy
09-24-2008, 09:22 AM
I have wanted to go out dressed but we usually stay at home and hand out candy. I will dress up but stay at home.....I am thinking about a French maid costume this year. Did a Pirate girl last year! That was fun too....:D

CharleneT
09-24-2008, 09:57 AM
Definitely will go dressed, at least two nights ( the 31st and Nov 1 to a friends costumer party).

NOW, I think I will go in drag, dressed as a man who dresses as a woman. Gets rid of the problems eh ? Make CD the "character" and you are home free....

LOL!!!

Charlene

p.s. do not know what I am going as on either night, but can't wait to put together some costumes. For those who are afraid of being "found" out by being too good, just go as some cartoon character female or the like and you will be fine.

Jess_cd32
09-24-2008, 02:16 PM
I have wanted to go out dressed but we usually stay at home and hand out candy.
..........I will dress up but stay at home.....I am thinking about a French maid costume this year.....:D

K-Mart has a nice one I just saw recently, I picked up a few things there from the Halloween isle for cd-ing.

Chris Corbett
09-24-2008, 03:23 PM
The first three times I went out dressed was Halloween but that was before I had anywhere else to go. Now that I go out much more often the pressure isn't on once a year.

Deborah Jane
09-24-2008, 04:10 PM
We don,t get Halloween here in the U.K. [well not as you,d notice :sad:]
But!!.... In support of my American sisters i promise to go out dressed up too :)

Melinda G
09-24-2008, 04:18 PM
Santa's wife is called Carole is she? And here was me thinking she was called Mary Christmas.

"Christmas Carole" is just Santas helper. Mrs Claus is a bit older.:D

Deborah Jane
09-24-2008, 04:21 PM
"Christmas Carole" is just Santas helper.

Actually i hear she,s Santa,s daughter, but Santa refused to take D.N.A. tests :tongueout

jennifer41356
09-24-2008, 04:26 PM
for those gals who live in Dallas, there is the block party on Cedar Springs, a great opportunity to dress up and have fun...it is very crowded and you will be on your feet most of the evening so wear some comfy shoes....its mostly gay folks but a lot of hetero folks love to go as well, its safe and fun, just very crowded:love:

Roberta Llyan
09-24-2008, 04:30 PM
So, how many closet cd's are going out dressed this Halloween?

Since I'm 24/7, I was actually thinking about going dressed as a man... *winks* hehehe It would definitely be different and I've many local friends who've never seen me as a male before. So it might shock them. hehehe

ericalynncd
09-24-2008, 07:00 PM
Im going to be a playboy bunny

Melinda G
09-24-2008, 07:24 PM
Im going to be a playboy bunny

Michellebej
09-24-2008, 08:10 PM
The first time my friends saw me dressed up was for Halloween. I mingled at the party for almost a half hour before someone figured it out. And; then it was just by default.

Since then I have taken some good natured joking about it, and "to prove a point" I have done it every year. No one has ever said anything negative, except one year, when my friends sister brought a date and he was extreamly homophobic ( yes; I KNOW, but; the general public still thinks we are all gay). And; to be honest HE was asked to leave.

I sometimes go with my best friend and we take her kids trick or treating. I can not tell you how many times people think I am the Mom.

Lots of fun. And; Girls...remember....life is short. I buried two friends and a relative that were my age this year; and I'm not old. It can really bring things into perspective. Having said that...be safe

Michelle

Marjory
09-24-2008, 09:46 PM
I'm too much of a perfectionist... everything would have to match and be just so. My 65 year old face won't allow me to pass anymore so I probably wouldn't feel good about it. To be a cheerleader I'd have to buy saddle shoes. Went out dressed when I was in seventh grade and people asked me what I was supposed to be... back then it was easy to pass. My last know passing was halloween of "92" once again I probably looked too good for my own good.

Marjory

Crystal Alberta
09-24-2008, 11:26 PM
I'm certainly tempted to go out. This is the first time in several years that I have the day off work, so I'd actually have some time to get ready (and in my little town, "getting ready" also involves driving to the city). I really don't have anywhere to go, though, so I'll probably just let it pass.

Crystal

KathrynTX
09-26-2008, 07:48 AM
This year I'm going to be a cross-dressing vampire: Countess Dragula, the Transylvestite. :heehee:

Xochiquetzal
09-26-2008, 11:04 AM
Well I'm really tempted to do it, especially because it would be my first time coming out. The thing is, that I have to wait to be invited to a Halloween party other wise I would have to go treack or treat, and even I would actually enjoy it I'm not so sure ppl would look kindly upon a 19yr old trick or treater. Although I could just to treat or treat for the UNICEF(you know the charity thing)

But the depressing thing, is that even if I get the day off, I live unfortunately in a religious family so I would have to do all this in secret:cry::cry::cry:

Melinda G
09-26-2008, 01:19 PM
My 65 year old face won't allow me to pass anymore so I probably wouldn't feel good about it.
I've seen lots of 65 year old women, with great legs, and a face that would scare you. :heehee:

Xochiquetzal
09-26-2008, 01:25 PM
I've seen lots of 65 year old women, with great legs, and a face that would scare you. :heehee:

same here, and there's also the fact that as woman and men get older due to the aging process their faces actually look more similar. So if anything I think it should be easy for you to pass as an older woman.

but then again i have no experience on this so, i wouldn't blame u for not listening to me.

Raquel June
09-26-2008, 04:45 PM
I always thought poofta was an adorable word! Much cuter than faggot! If the flamboyant ones were called pooftas over here, I might have to start listening to Cher!

Samara
09-26-2008, 09:23 PM

If anyone wants to help me brainstorm, message me or leave a message here.

Padme Amilda, Jane Jetson, Snow White, Wednesday Adams

Misfire
09-26-2008, 09:34 PM
Have for the last four or five years, I've done most of the regulars; school girl, French maid, and last year, sexy nurse. For this year I just ordered this exact costume last week but wearing some different heels that look sooo much better. Can't wait for Halloween!!!

http://www.costumesinc.com/p8726/Saloon-Girl-Costume-Adult-Costume-Cowboy%20&%20Saloon%20Girls-Adult%20Costumes.html

Raquel June
09-28-2008, 12:08 PM
I went out last night to a club, and me and some T-friends decided we're going to a strip club later on Halloween.

If you haven't gotten all dolled up and hung out with strippers you need to! They love us!

And I think I just found the shirt I'm going to wear:
http://t-shirts.cafepress.com/item/i-shaved-my-balls-for-this-jr-spaghetti-tank/100928686

Actually, I went ahead and made my own with a nicer font:
http://www.cafepress.com/tgpress.311565084

LaurenDanielle
09-29-2008, 12:35 PM
I wish I knew someone who would dare me to go out dressed up.. another guy who would say he would if I would type of thing...
I dare you, as a matter of fact, I will if u will

Samara
09-29-2008, 04:08 PM
would love too just need to find a GG or CD to help me get all dolld up and go with me in Tulsa

Jamie14
09-29-2008, 05:26 PM
Been there done that. And on other days during the year besides Halloween. I really want to go out with my SO accepting it and having fun with me dressed up- like in the old days (college) but I'm probably just as likely to see a pig fly on the way to work tomorrow.........

amandak_tv
09-29-2008, 11:01 PM
Still a few details left to work out, but so far what I know is my wife and I are going to be on vacation in the Florida Keys - maybe we'll stay near our hotel in Islamorada, maybe we'll drive down to Key West for the night. Either way, we're definitely going out. She'll be the Maryanne to my Ginger. It's all set.We went out over the weekend to find me the right dress. We found it at Daffy's - an over the top Gingeresque formal leopard print gown. We bought the shoes a few weeks ago at Nordstrom Rack (14W) dirt cheap.

One other detail - she and I made a wager a few weeks ago (mini-golf if you must know) and I won. The result of the bet is that after we're dressed we are going to go get our nails done. Mine will come off the next day (I'll keep them on as long as I can) - she has to keep hers all week.

tonya2
09-30-2008, 07:58 PM
Still trying to put it together to go to Vegas
where I will be going out for the first time dressed. Found a few places to go
their. Would be nice to meet a gg or someone to help with makeup, thats the
only part I have truoble with. May have to do the makeover thing. We'll see,
and so will everyone else:eek: Oh well, been thinking about this for several years and now its time.:battingeyelashes:

Xochiquetzal
09-30-2008, 08:47 PM
Well now I know I won't be able to do it, because I have work that day :'( and I'll be forced to go to church that day :(

Jessicaparkson
09-30-2008, 08:56 PM
I'll be rebellious. Normally I go to my parent's church (mom is a pastor) for their Halloween event thing, but maybe I'll take this as an excuse to myself to finally try leaving my house....

Xochiquetzal
09-30-2008, 09:03 PM
I'll be rebellious. Normally I go to my parent's church (mom is a pastor) for their Halloween event thing, but maybe I'll take this as an excuse to myself to finally try leaving my house....

Your church organizes a Halloween event?!!!

Jessicaparkson
09-30-2008, 09:16 PM
Well....they use it to keep the kids in a fun environment where they can still enjoy Halloween but not have to worry about the....um...not so nice people?

Xochiquetzal
09-30-2008, 09:20 PM
The church where I(unfortunately) go, its all against halloween.

girlyj
09-30-2008, 09:22 PM
I went out last night to a club, and me and some T-friends decided we're going to a strip club later on Halloween.

If you haven't gotten all dolled up and hung out with strippers you need to! They love us!

And I think I just found the shirt I'm going to wear:
http://t-shirts.cafepress.com/item/i-shaved-my-balls-for-this-jr-spaghetti-tank/100928686

Actually, I went ahead and made my own with a nicer font:
http://www.cafepress.com/tgpress.311565084

nice.

Raquel June
10-01-2008, 01:32 AM

Weird that most churches are like that. You should explain to them that all their holidays are based on pagan traditions, so they might as well do something nice for Halloween.

For example, if you believe the Bible, Jesus was born in the summer. Christmas is on December 25th because that date has been used since Babylonian times to celebrate the birth of pagan gods. Christmas trees themselves are a pagan tradition. Yule and Noel refer to the Winter solstice.

Easter is a Christian holiday, but it's fascinating that they decided to put it on the first Sunday after the first full moon after the vernal equinox. Sounds pretty pagan to me!

If churches can support pagan yule tide cheer, and they can support Thanksgiving which is a harvest festival with no religious roots, I don't see why they have to be so scared of the pagan symbolism surrounding Halloween. It's just another harvest festival, and it's the night before All Saints Day.

Jess_cd32
10-01-2008, 02:24 AM
Weird that most churches are like that. You should explain to them that all their holidays are based on pagan traditions, so they might as well do something nice for Halloween.

For example, if you believe the Bible, Jesus was born in the summer. Christmas is on December 25th because that date has been used since Babylonian times to celebrate the birth of pagan gods. Christmas trees themselves are a pagan tradition. Yule and Noel refer to the Winter solstice.

Easter is a Christian holiday, but it's fascinating that they decided to put it on the first Sunday after the first full moon after the vernal equinox. Sounds pretty pagan to me!

If churches can support pagan yule tide cheer, and they can support Thanksgiving which is a harvest festival with no religious roots, I don't see why they have to be so scared of the pagan symbolism surrounding Halloween. It's just another harvest festival, and it's the night before All Saints Day.

Raquel, I noticed you see what I've seen the Churches become, all that's true yet so many have no knowledge of it. Anymore they (churches) give the book a bad name, they practice as much paganism as the pagans did. Constantine set the date for Christmas, just like the eggs at easter w/ rabbits, all pagan based. I believe the book, but won't attend a church to be preached to by a hypocrite and then donate a contribution.

Still undecided here what to do on Halloween...........gonna have some fun if it kills me though....

kimmy p
10-01-2008, 11:22 AM

Heck, my pastor will be at the Halloween party I'm going to.

Samara
10-02-2008, 06:48 PM
I'm in a wheelchair do you ladies have any ideas for costumes ? Its hard because I cant go as french maid in a chair or school girl in a chair can I. Seems there are not many if any movie characters or any thing in chairs. It sucks (sigh)

angelcd23
10-02-2008, 07:17 PM
I've dressed on Halloween and have gone to parties before, but this year i want to go and walk around the mall and shop. Around Halloween no one will care if i pass or not.

Angela

Rose01
10-02-2008, 07:19 PM
I will be going out dressed femme and there will be photos posted here.

- Rose

Angie G
10-02-2008, 07:55 PM
My 5 year old Granddaughters want grandpa to dress again this year And the other 5 yeay old says no. :hugs:
Angie

Xochiquetzal
10-02-2008, 08:21 PM

Well, I don't wanna go off topic, but I just go to church not because I'm a believer, but because I was raised in ti. I'm not just a closet CD but a close atheist too. :(

BananaFish
10-10-2008, 12:59 PM
i possibly might, but other than that, i got like 30 costumes i wanna try out lol

kaylee
10-10-2008, 01:04 PM
well..i got one foot in, and one foot out of the closet, so that makes it a little bit easier. but yeah, there is basically no alternative. halloween is a day to live completly as a girl for me

terriann
11-28-2008, 02:18 PM
HI, nice to see a nother albuquerque girl here. drop me a line, like to chat.