PDA

View Full Version : Told my Mom

JackieInPA
09-18-2008, 04:09 PM
Hi all!!! Havent posted a lot here, but had a momentous moment. Had 'the conversation' with my mother. She took it very well. Said she didnt care and would always love me. Such a big weight off my chest. Was really the last thing i needed to do to complete my recovery from a huge breakdown that was related to dressing. so just wanted to share.

Thanks
Jackie

Janetmichelle
09-18-2008, 04:13 PM
Good for you. It is always nice when things go good. It can be difficult telling your loved ones and getting a good reponse is always nice. Good luck in the future.

Cheers
Jan

angelfire
09-18-2008, 04:34 PM
Congrats! It is a huge step, and it definitely helps you feel better. I've been through it too.

MJ
09-18-2008, 04:38 PM
just remember to keep talking it's the best medicine of all. best wishes

Sarah...
09-18-2008, 04:40 PM
Hi all!!! Havent posted a lot here, but had a momentous moment. Had 'the conversation' with my mother. She took it very well. Said she didnt care and would always love me. Such a big weight off my chest. Was really the last thing i needed to do to complete my recovery from a huge breakdown that was related to dressing. so just wanted to share.

Thanks
Jackie

Well done Jackie! My own chat with my Mum is just a few weeks away now. I'm nervous but I know it's the right thing to do.

Anyway, good for you - I hope that it helps both of you.

Sarah...

Deborah Jane
09-18-2008, 04:42 PM
Congratulations Jackie :hugs:
It,s great when your mum understands you

Lisa Marie
09-18-2008, 05:04 PM
Good going Jackie! Wish I could just come out and say things like that!:thumbsup:

Mya Summers
09-18-2008, 05:40 PM
Way to go :) And I bet it was a big relief after you told her. Now just keep the comunnication line open w/her and everything should work out for you. Again Congratulations

Mya

Tracii G
09-18-2008, 06:15 PM
Good for you J.Keep talking to her it will only get better.

PamelaTX
09-18-2008, 08:19 PM
Congratulations, Jackie! That's an important step, and I wish you all the best with your recovery.

I've come out to my wife, but I'm not ready to tell my mother or other family members yet. I'm thinking that time should come soon, though.

IMJenn
09-18-2008, 08:58 PM
Congratulations! If only I had your courage.

RitaCD
09-18-2008, 09:32 PM
Congrats, Jackie. I told my mom last year that I enjoyed dressing as a woman and she was very cool about it. I think she already suspected something about it. It was such a good feeling to let her know and that I was doing ok with it. Although she was accepting we have not talked about it again. I guess I am just waiting for her to bring it up again.

DonnaLynn77
09-18-2008, 10:31 PM
I've often thought about what that conversation would be like, and then promptly vowed to never have it. My parents are conservative midwesterners, and I'm sure they have their inklings about my "confusion", but they so loudly and clearly state their "don't ask, don't tell" policy without actually speaking the words.

That would be one awkward moment!
It doesn't matter to me anyway. I don't live near them and can go in drab for whatever length of time I'm around them.

xo,
Donna

JackieInPA
09-18-2008, 11:34 PM
Thanks for all the the encouraging words!!! I teel you it was one of teh most frightening and satisfying thing i have ever done. I tried two times to ask her to sit down before i finally got it out of my mouth on the third time. She said she had no clue. She says i am terrible hard tro buy for for christmas...maybe it will be easier now lol!!

Angie G
09-19-2008, 12:43 AM
That's great Jackie. Glad it went well hun. :hugs:
Angie

VikkiVixen7188
09-19-2008, 01:48 AM
I still havent got the nerve up to do this one.

:drink: to you though!

Jess_cd32
09-19-2008, 01:52 AM
Really glad to hear that Jackie, you got a great Mom there, tc of her. Jess

Gisele
09-19-2008, 06:38 AM
Good for you girl! I still want to tell my mother but I haven't got the nerve up to just yet.

DAVIDA
09-19-2008, 06:43 AM
Good for you Jackie!
I told my mother and then asked her to shorten and hem a skirt!:heehee:

Lidia_tv
09-19-2008, 07:21 AM
Mom's love you can always count on. Still, i can imagine the courage it took to tell her. Congratulations!

Chari
09-19-2008, 07:52 AM
That took a lot of courage for you to tell your Mom about some of your most secret feelings - and that she has accepted all facets of you is great! Continue to go slow and ask her questions/advice about the feminine side. You may have found a new shopping friend and she, a new daughter.

Samantha43
09-19-2008, 08:50 AM
That's wonderful Jackie!

immike
10-14-2008, 06:58 AM

Thanks
Jackie
I have a fabulous relationship with my beautiful mother,but she has no idea I harbor
a deep secret.I could never tell her I've been sneaking into her closet for years and
dressing in her good wardrobe,most notably all of her good business suits,all her
dress slacks,all her silk blouses,skirts,skirtsuits&pantsuits.I just simply slide into a pair of
either black,or suntan pantyhose,ordered out of moms womens catalogs&I just let myself into her house,pretending to check up on her animals&change their water&food,but all the while,I just pick out an outfit&a pair of heels&spend the morning dressed&practicing
makeup at her makeup table

PrettyFlowingGown
10-14-2008, 07:28 AM
Congrats from me aswell. Its a big releif, I know. I've been through it all. My mums accepting as ever, she even comes to visit me once a year, and I wear my nighties in her prescence. She dont care. She just says whatever floats your boat.

mykhelee
10-14-2008, 11:07 AM
Good to have such an understanding parent, I would never have dreamed of telling my parents. Macho redneck thing.