PDA

View Full Version : Getting married :)

_Cecilie_
09-18-2008, 04:44 PM
In 9 days I'm getting married to the girl I love. She knows Cecilie and accepts and I can't imagine being happier. I got small concerns about the future of marriage and cd'ing, but I'm positive. I hope it will only get better over time, but if kids get into the picture I fear another story. Though kids is a major life decision and we both would need to fully understand and accept that before anything.

Just wanted to share my excitement. I'm not really into wedding gowns, but maybe when it's all done I'm allowed to try it :daydreaming:

SherriePall
09-18-2008, 06:46 PM
Congratulations and good luck! Remember to treat her right and don't let Cecilie take total control of your relationship with her.

JenniferR771
09-18-2008, 07:43 PM
Its so romantic. So sweet. have a great day! Do not let the "pink fog" take over. Think carefully before you become more extreme in your cding. Acceptance of you as a cd-- does not mean acceptance as a tg or ts. Love her. Respect her. If she gives you an inch--don't take a mile.

charlie
09-18-2008, 07:50 PM
Hello Cecilie!
Congratulations on your getting married. I wish you both happiness and wedded bliss. It is great that your bride already knows about your CD. Hiding this stuff is not fun.

justmetoo
09-18-2008, 08:41 PM
Congratulations and best wishes! :D

DemonicDaughter
09-18-2008, 09:13 PM
And do we get to see piccies of you if you get to try the gown on?!

TxKimberly
09-18-2008, 09:17 PM
Congrats! I LOVE being married and wouldn't give my wife up for anything in the world. (Though I AM trying to figure out why she puts up with me!)

Patty
09-18-2008, 09:19 PM
Congrads and good lock

Tracii G
09-18-2008, 11:08 PM
Congratulations sounds like you have leaped one hurdle already.

Angie G
09-19-2008, 12:48 AM
Congrats Cecilie I wish you both all the best. And hope you have the same love as my wife and I we just celebrated our 40th anniversary in July.:hugs:
Angie

Niya W
09-19-2008, 04:18 PM
One oquestion, who is going to have the nicer wedding dress ??? I'm kidding. Congrads on getting hitched

fluffy_kingston
09-19-2008, 06:17 PM
Congratulations. Have fun in the wedding gown!

Pattie O
09-19-2008, 06:23 PM
Congratulations
Hope you've selected some nice his & hers lingerie for the day?

:heehee:Pattie O

_Cecilie_
09-19-2008, 06:43 PM
Thanks for the nice words everyone, and the good advice. I really feel like I got something precious that I need to take care of.

And do we get to see piccies of you if you get to try the gown on?!

Maybe :heehee:

Congratulations. Have fun in the wedding gown!

The more I think about it the more I look forward to it.

Congratulations
Hope you've selected some nice his & hers lingerie for the day?

:heehee:Pattie O

I'm afraid his wont be that exciting. She's the lucky one :battingeyelashes:

Samantha43
09-19-2008, 11:54 PM
That is wonderful Cecilie!

I must agree with the advice some of the other girls gave you. Keep a proper balance in you life. Don't let CDing become a wedge in your marriage. This is especially true if kids are in your future. I have been married for over 20 years to a wonderful woman who is very supportive of me, but I do my best to keep the proper balance and respect her needs and desires.

Jacky Aikou
09-20-2008, 09:21 AM
Cecilie, Congratulations!

I've been visiting the forum for close to a year now but your thread is the first to finally force me into actually writing something. So, it's nice to meet you and all the friendly folks here. :D

The coincidence being my wedding is right around the corner, too! My girl and I will be getting married on Oct 18th. I haven't been on cd.com long, but I don't recall seeing a lot of wedding announcements. What neat timing! :eek:

We're excited for the big day and finally settling down together afterward. She's known about my cd'ing for more than a year now, since before we got engaged. As a very typical-appearing guy, I had a lot of explaining and reassuring to do at first, but I'm blessed with a very loving, very understanding girl and she's come to accept and even support Jacky. I'm mindful that my fiancee has her needs, too, and I try to keep things in perspective. Overall, we've grown much closer since I came out.

I'm a foot taller than my bride-to-be, so not much chance of our own private "trash-the-dress" party. :heehee: Maybe you'll have better luck!

So, best of luck to you! Our anniversaries will be close together - may they be numerous and full of joy. :love:

_Cecilie_
09-21-2008, 06:16 AM
Cecilie, Congratulations!

I've been visiting the forum for close to a year now but your thread is the first to finally force me into actually writing something. So, it's nice to meet you and all the friendly folks here. :D

The coincidence being my wedding is right around the corner, too! My girl and I will be getting married on Oct 18th. I haven't been on cd.com long, but I don't recall seeing a lot of wedding announcements. What neat timing! :eek:

We're excited for the big day and finally settling down together afterward. She's known about my cd'ing for more than a year now, since before we got engaged. As a very typical-appearing guy, I had a lot of explaining and reassuring to do at first, but I'm blessed with a very loving, very understanding girl and she's come to accept and even support Jacky. I'm mindful that my fiancee has her needs, too, and I try to keep things in perspective. Overall, we've grown much closer since I came out.

I'm a foot taller than my bride-to-be, so not much chance of our own private "trash-the-dress" party. :heehee: Maybe you'll have better luck!

So, best of luck to you! Our anniversaries will be close together - may they be numerous and full of joy. :love:

Thanks and congratulations to you too! :hugs:

As for a foot taller we are in the same boat. Me probably two feet taller. Never thought of that :doh:

Ze xx
09-21-2008, 06:25 AM
:cheer: Congratulations and best wishes to everyone about to tie the knot

Lee Dee
09-21-2008, 06:47 AM
Congratulations Cecilie and all the very best for the future. I agree with many other members when they say to take things easy and you have probably been doing that already to be in the ideal position you are now. When I got married my wife knew about my dressing but didn't support me, she felt that she could never understand why a man would want to do such a thing. Having children did make a difference, not at first ofcourse but later when time and circumstances became more difficult to dress. Like anything else in life it was about adaptation and respect for others. My relationship ended after 10 years (nothing in relation to cd'ing) I am now in a relationship with someone very special who accepts everything that I am and encourages me to be the person I want to be. We are getting married early next year and we will deffinately be wearing matching satin panties (mind you we generally do anyway). Have a great one!

darla_g
09-21-2008, 07:50 AM
Congratulations on your impending nuptials!

tina_cduk
09-22-2008, 10:00 PM
Congratulations Cecilie and all the very best for the future!

I am hoping I will be getting married too, on Halloween... in Ottawa/Canada. Not sure if we are going to switch roles, me as bride to be and my accepting other as the groom.

I guess we will have to wait and see...

LisaElizabeth
09-23-2008, 09:12 AM
Congrats to Jacky, Tina and Cecile!!!
remember that this will be your Wife's big day!!! Save the wedding dress try on for a later!!!
SHE has dreamed of this since she was a little girl.... so be patient and let it happen!!!
Huggs,
Lisa E

Jacky Aikou
09-23-2008, 09:19 PM
Thanks and congratulations to you too! :hugs:

As for a foot taller we are in the same boat. Me probably two feet taller. Never thought of that :doh:

Yes, my fiancee shops in the petite section all the time, so when I'm along helping I feel like Gulliver in Lilliput. :heehee:

Congrats to Jacky, Tina and Cecile!!!
remember that this will be your Wife's big day!!! Save the wedding dress try on for a later!!!
SHE has dreamed of this since she was a little girl.... so be patient and let it happen!!!
Huggs,
Lisa E

Lisa, you're right of course and believe me, I'm happy just being the good groom. I won't even SEE her dress until the wedding, and that's fine with me.
I'm happy for her and want the day to be special for both of us. :hugs:

Cecilie, good luck this weekend! :D Please give us the report afterward.

Jacky Aikou
09-23-2008, 09:38 PM
Congratulations Cecilie and all the very best for the future!

I am hoping I will be getting married too, on Halloween... in Ottawa/Canada. Not sure if we are going to switch roles, me as bride to be and my accepting other as the groom.

I guess we will have to wait and see...

Tina, Congratulations! When my totally normal-appearing uncle married a few years ago, they had the ceremony rehearsal on Halloween night and he and the bride crossdressed - she a tux and he a used wedding gown (with white Converse sneakers)! I was living in Japan at the time and so didn't attend, but I might've felt a little self-conscious had I been there. :battingeyelashes: The ceremony itself was normal.

I hope if you do swap attire for the wedding, you have the freedom to go all-out with heels, stockings, gloves, waterproof mascara, the works if you so desire.
Good luck! :)

gagirl1
09-23-2008, 11:58 PM
Congrats! only 4 more days right?

_Cecilie_
10-01-2008, 10:36 PM
Married! :) The wedding was great. We coudn't have hoped for a better weekend! Just got back today after a long trip back.