PDA

View Full Version : Ever Get Bored?

Jenna Lynne
09-19-2008, 11:17 AM
After a few weeks when I first moved into my own place and was able to dress freely, which caused a big burst of enthusiasm, I find that my interest in CDing has waned. Maybe it's just because I'm 60 years old and my sex drive is nothing to write home about. But this week it's just way too much trouble.

That doesn't mean I'm in denial. I mean, here I am on this forum, and I did order a couple of new wigs yesterday. I'm just saying, "<Yaawwwnnn>."

Right now, some new computer software that I downloaded is much more interesting.

Does anybody else ever feel this way? :straightface:

***Jenna Lynne***

tamarav
09-19-2008, 11:23 AM
Absolutely! I was off work yesterday and spent the day welding an exhaust system for a V8 implant into a Fiero. I had more fun and melted a lot of metal. It is just like everything else in life, our interests become solidified and we know it, so other things can get done.

When those new wigs arrive things will change...believe me.

Your sis,

Tami

P.S. I moved to Washington from Berkeley..

MJ
09-19-2008, 11:25 AM
i found that when i went full time. it became no big deal after a while i just do it everyday. i don't bother to dress to the nines unless there's a special event once a year if i am lucky

DeeDeeB
09-19-2008, 11:42 AM
I find the desire to dress comes and goes. It depends a lot on what else is going on in my life, as well as where I am in my monthly cycle. (men can have them too). Some days I say why bother, other days I can't wait to put on something frilly. Since I dress for my own amusement, I don't worry about the strength of my desire, I just go with the flow and try to have fun with it.

Dee :fairy1:

KandisTX
09-19-2008, 11:54 AM
It is something that when we are able to do it without the secrecy or hiding, it no longer becomes paramount to our existance. Myself for instance, used to relish those brief times when I as able to dress up when my wife would take the kids and go out on a Saturday. The kids did not know at the time and I took full advantage of dressing at every opportunity that presented itself. Now that the kids know, I can dress or not dress as I see fit and it is no big deal because it's okay if I want to sit out in the living room in a dress, skirt and blouse, or even my bra, panties and nightgown. There is no more hiding, no more sneaking, no more secrecy, therefore no more inhibitions ;) Dress when you want, and feel good no matte what.

Kandis:love::rose2:

Cary
09-19-2008, 12:30 PM
I don't get bored with it. It's just other things take priority at times or I just don't have the time.:sad: I will confess that I go through short cycles of not feeling the overpowering need to dress.

Tina B.
09-19-2008, 12:49 PM
I can't eat Chocolate cake every day either, but when I have not had it for a long time, it sure is great. Enjoy what you have going, and when it feels right you'll be back into it.
Tina B.

Deborah Jane
09-19-2008, 12:56 PM
I don,t get bored with it, sometimes i just can,t be bothered now i can do it whenever i like!!

Karren H
09-19-2008, 12:59 PM
Absolutely! I was off work yesterday and spent the day welding an exhaust system for a V8 implant into a Fiero. I had more fun and melted a lot of metal. It is just like everything else in life, our interests become solidified and we know it, so other things can get done.

God I love to weld!! And a V8 in a Fiero?? Now that sound more fun than makeup any day, Tami!! Hahaha.

I'd get tired of doing anything day in and day out.. And I've had those "its too damn much hastle to get dressed up" days.. How do you think women feel when they have no choice? Another plus for crossdressing, in my humble opinion..

Luckily for me I've got so many irons in the fire that I will never slip into a rut!! :)

Kate Simmons
09-19-2008, 01:08 PM
I wouldn't say it's boredom as much as it is easing into the status quo. I enjoy being Rich as much as I enjoy being Arianna. I guess that is just one of the natural consequences of becoming a full spectrum person.:)

Janet Bern
09-19-2008, 01:12 PM
I sure like to talk about it and sometimes shop but I really dont dress as much as I used to. Maybe the reason is because I have gone out dressed for the first time and as exciting as it was it is still a hassle to get all dolled up to shop and have lunch as a woman. Trust me though, the urge will reappear so keep the clothes handy.
Janet

charlie
09-19-2008, 01:30 PM
I love this forum. Again, I find that many of you are feeling exactly as I am/have! I thought I was getting like Holly, perhaps Charlie was gone. Maybe time to pack all the girl stuff in a big box and get ready for a trip to the Goodwill. Now I am going next week for a business trip and can't wait to wear some new dresses and pumps that I bought! This is a great place to get grounded and have a place to visit.

Sally2005
09-19-2008, 01:31 PM
Hey, we need a thread on CDers who weld... I too really enjoy welding, something cool about wearing a welding helmet and melting metal together into something useful. The questions about getting bored...yes, but I also get bored with just about everything else in my life if I do too much at one time or reach a plateau (usually about 75% done) and that's why I find it really difficult to complete a lot of things.

Sarah...
09-19-2008, 01:46 PM
I'm hoping that this doesn't sound facetious, like I'm not taking the question seriously, because I am taking it seriously. This is how I feel. Yes, I do get bored, but not from CDing. I get bored from having to dress in mens clothing just about every day. Bored and frustrated to tears in fact.

The counterpoint is dressing in my preferred women's clothing. But this doesn't involve excitement as such - more a deep, peaceful satisfaction. What I cannot, absolutely cannot understand right now is why my man's jeans and T-shirt leave me feeling strange and my women's jeans and T-shirt leave me feeling normal (or as normal as a dingbat like me can be!!). Same material, same colours, only the cut is different. Who knows? Not me that's for sure.

So mostly I ignore it and just get on with enjoying the me that exists on the inside - it's much easier that way!:daydreaming:

Sarah...

Joanne Curl
09-19-2008, 02:06 PM
I've never been able to dress enough to get bored. There have been periods when I was able to stay dressed as Joanne for several days and I might not get completely dressed to the nines but I still enjoyed being dressed femine. I kind of echo the previous post- I get so bored with dressing drab and wish that I could dress more often as Joanne.

Joanne Curl

Maibh
09-19-2008, 02:28 PM
Maybe it is boredom. More likely it is the lack of risk factor. You now get to do your secret little pleasure whenver you want without much fear of being caught, exposed, castigated for your 'perversion'.

Does the fact that you now can dress whenver you want to without risk of exposure bore you? Or is it the extra bother you need to go through to transform? Let's face it,being a guy in casual mode does not take much effort. Slip on the jeans and t-shirt, a pair of socks and sneakers, a quick brush through the hair, different brush across the teeth, maybe if we're feeling like it a shave. That just doesn't compare with the time and effort needed to become your alter ego.

Clothes are clothes, made of cloth (plastic, leather, latex, whatever . . .) and clothes alone are not going to get you excited every time. The extras, the hair, nails, make-up, padded parts, strategic adjustments, it is a lot of work, takes some time, and if you aren't in the mood you don't do it right. It can get annoying and aggravating.

Do you feel the need to get en femme everyday, or do you do it out of a sense of duty to your feminine side? Is it just because you can? Maybe you can rethink that a little to make it more exciting, give yourself little rewards, make life more interesting.

Jaclyn NM
09-19-2008, 03:16 PM
After having suppressed my crossdressing for many years, and then revealing my desires to my wife, and her accepting it, I'm like a kid in a candy store. I dress for periods every day now, and still can't get enough. I'm sure that after a while it will wear off, but for now I'm enjoying the hell out of it.

Megan70
09-19-2008, 03:41 PM
Absolutely have the same annual feelings. My CDing is cycular with being in the doldrums every summer for 4 months and loosing desire, urge and feelings at all of dressing. Too hot and too much trouble with wig, hosiery, makeup. Yawn too. Now the cool weather has returned i too have come back and bought a new wig and started going out public again. Can't wait for fall and winter , but like you I'm 61 and my drive is diminished but as we all know we will ALWAYS be a CD for life, like it or not.:daydreaming:
Megan

Marjory
09-19-2008, 03:49 PM
I'm like you, I'm 65 and,sometimes, just can't be bothered. I still love to go shopping and buy new things, but I wear them once and put the in the gun safe. Will go a month without CDing then make some half hearted attempt and just throw on a pair of flats and walk the dog. I'm still in the closet but do get many chances to CD. I don't even dream of passing anymore.
Marjory

Maria2222
09-19-2008, 04:24 PM
I was single for 8 years after divorcing. At first I dressed all the time. I would spend all weekend dressed. The interest gradually waned and at one point I went a whole year without dressing or felling the urge. Then, several years later the need came back very strongly and is still very strong.

MarcellaMcNul
09-19-2008, 04:28 PM
Sure! CD'n takes up time and can be a lot of work. I'll just add that weather I desire to dress outwardly or not it never leaves my head.

unclejoann
09-19-2008, 07:25 PM
So, my wife leaves for a few days and i have totaly freedom to dress. And i do. And i go shopping, bought a real nice purse today and nylons and a nighty and ... . But can i do this every day she is gone? No, I still have to do some yard work and painting and I don't have girlie work clothes. Any by the time she returns, I will have had my play and dared myself to try new things. Then back to guy mode until she leaves again next month.

Alice Torn
09-19-2008, 08:07 PM
Jenna, Like you, I just moved into my own apartment,in my case, for the first time, in nine years. I dressed several times, the first two weeks, but, the past two weeks, just too tired, fatigued, and, due to three meds, physical work, at age 541/2, nearly dried up sex drive. I havr been thinking of dressing, but just am not finding the motivation, or energy. Some health problem i am suffering, has not helped. Health problems, and death have a way of changing us.

Alex!
09-19-2008, 08:42 PM
I've got many things going, so I rarely get bored. But the sizzle that used to go with my crossdressing disappeared about a year ago.

Lesley Ann
09-19-2008, 09:10 PM
The only time I get fed up is when I have to smi dress drab (I never completely dress drab). I now live alone, my wife of some forty-three years died nearly two years ago and she was cool about me dressing. A lady that I have known for years and years was very supportive during my wife's illness and life is just incrediable, because she has become much more that a friend, and is fantasic, we go shopping togeather and she loves me dressed, infact we both have similar taste, sometimes buying the same dress, skirt etc., (apart from shoe size we are the same size). Do I get bored? Never. From getting up in the morning wearing my satin nightie to getting dressed in whatever takes my mood. As Sachmo said "It's a wonderful Life"

Hugs and you name it:hugs:
Lesley Ann

erica12b
09-19-2008, 09:41 PM
im in a low spell right now, but im posting more than norm too

docrobbysherry
09-20-2008, 12:36 AM
I never have enough time, or energy to do everthing I want to. As far as CDing goes, I don't always have the desire to dress.

Speaking of sexual desire, since I started serious dressing, it has improved markedly! I think the fact that Sherry is a chamelion, helps a lot! I mite get tired seeing the same woman in the mirror, just as I have seeing the same man there, for 60+ years!:heehee:

Angie G
09-20-2008, 07:17 AM
Yes opening day of deer season.:hugs:
Angie

TxKimberly
09-20-2008, 09:13 AM
Sure, I think it's normal!
Oh, and Tamara - I've just finished painting the engine compartment of my 67 Mustang and am preparing to re-install the engine! I just have to get the transmission seals replaced and a few other odds and ends, and then "VRROOOOOMMM!!"
:-)

Jocelyn Renee
09-20-2008, 09:16 PM
Can't say I get bored, per se, but dressing can become too much of a hassle sometimes. The desire definitely wanes a bit in the summer when I'm busy with so many other things. In general, I prefer to wear feminine clothes, but the shaving really can be a pain at times.

Amy07
09-20-2008, 09:33 PM
Yes, I do get bored with it sometimes too.
Like this past summer, not too thrilled with dressing.
I bought a few new outfits for fall, and like the feel of it now.

Charona
09-20-2008, 09:49 PM
Reading through this thread made me think of teenagers buying alcohol. A good part of the thrill is the doing of something illegal, just as part of the thrill (or perhaps compulsion) of cross-dressing is the defying of social norms. Once the teenager turns 21, buying alcohol is legal and "the thrill is gone." I suspect that once cross-dressing becomes customary, part of the excitement goes away. If you can do it every day, and no one cares, then perhaps the boredom sets in.

I believe Mark Twain in his book Letters From the Earth remarked that he could not think of anything which one could do for an eternity, including sex, which would not become boring after long enough.

CD Susan
09-20-2008, 11:02 PM
There is no way that I ever get bored with cd'ing or with life in general for that matter, I have been retired for 10 months and it has been the happiest time of my life. I have not experienced boredom even one day in these 10 months. I cd every day and am very close to going 24/7. I cannot even comprehend the concept of being bored with cd. This is my way of life and I certainly do not consider it boring. If cd'ing was not a part of my life then I could see where boredom could become an issue. I feel fortunate to be the way I am and would not change it for anything.

wishonastar
09-20-2008, 11:02 PM
After a few weeks when I first moved into my own place and was able to dress freely, which caused a big burst of enthusiasm, I find that my interest in CDing has waned. Maybe it's just because I'm 60 years old and my sex drive is nothing to write home about. But this week it's just way too much trouble.

That doesn't mean I'm in denial. I mean, here I am on this forum, and I did order a couple of new wigs yesterday. I'm just saying, "<Yaawwwnnn>."

Right now, some new computer software that I downloaded is much more interesting.

Does anybody else ever feel this way? :straightface:

***Jenna Lynne***

Some of the "turn on" is being naughty and hiding it. Some is because you do not do it often because you have to hide it so now the novelty has run out.

Give it up for a while and you might simply need it a few times a week or less. Many crossdressers only do it a couple times a month when stressed out. I saw results of a survey on a site that I cannot remember where it was.

That would be an interesting poll, frequency of crossdressing.

Adele
09-21-2008, 03:09 AM
Wearing feminine clothes excites me daily however I can't dress daily (always wear knickers though). When I do have time to myself I often have guy things to do so no dressing there!!

_Cecilie_
09-21-2008, 06:49 AM

When those new wigs arrive things will change...believe me.

Your sis,

Tami

P.S. I moved to Washington from Berkeley..

That's just awesome! If I'd learn to weld I'd crossdress less :)

Sure, I think it's normal!
Oh, and Tamara - I've just finished painting the engine compartment of my 67 Mustang and am preparing to re-install the engine! I just have to get the transmission seals replaced and a few other odds and ends, and then "VRROOOOOMMM!!"
:-)

Sounds like something beautiful, other than dresses and earrings :battingeyelashes:

I've noticed that when I'm in the garage putting in a new engine in my Tahoe or preparing my BMW for the track, cd'ing desires are put aside. But when me hands are dirty enough, the taste of exhaust is too overwhelming and I'm dehydrated after a weekend at the track, nothing brings the balance back like a good shower, a nice outfit and some makeup. That's what I think it's about; balance. Can't do without either of the two :)

Joy Carter
09-21-2008, 07:20 AM
Been a couple of months since Ive dressed. I love going out, just the opportunity has not presented it self lately. Maybe going to the Lake Erie Gayla in Erie Pa in November. That's more my style.

darla_g
09-21-2008, 07:46 AM
my pattern seems to follow Megan. Starting to come out of the cocoon now

Anna the Dub
09-21-2008, 08:09 AM
I really don't like wearing anything male at all now, but that doesn't mean I want to get dressed up to the nines all the time. In fact, what I prefer to wear is female versions of what used to be my most comfortable male clothes, ie jeans and tee shirts. I am quite happy and content wearing these sort of clothes every day. At the moment I am having a big clearout of male stuff, and plan on replacing everything with female clothes by Christmas. So I will not get bored with wearing female clothes, but I really can't be bothered with getting all dressed up unless I am going somewhere special.