PDA

View Full Version : a bit of retrospect

Niya W
05-25-2005, 10:54 PM
Some times I look back and wonder how did I become a cross dresser. Some times I wonder if it was worth it all. The idea if I could make it all go away would I. You I’ve decide I wound not. I feel that it has made me a stronger person, I’ve meet some many friends along the way. I’ve gone from being hermit to a broke party TG girl and you know I love every minute. For once I have a since of who I am a belonging to a community. You know at first it was hard getting use to the female pronouns but know I’m at a state in life were if you know me as Niya call me Niya dressed or not. For the first time in my life I feel alive, I have real emotions and have people that I really care about, sure some times I get emotional now but I feel that over all I’m in a better place now. The only pressing question I have now is how far. I am still in limbo between deciding between just being a CD or whether or no to going full time.

Mitzi
05-26-2005, 12:20 AM
If I had the choice, I would choose not to have been attracted to women's clothes. Yes, dressing has given me enormous amount of pleasure, and I would be hard pressed to give it up, but...

My life outside of dressing has been very rewarding, enjoying my family, having a satisfying job, doing guy stuff, none of which involves the dressing. The dressing, on the other hand, has been an area of secrecy and, yes, deceit. And it's brought added stress to our marriage.

Having said that, I enjoy life immensely, sneaking in the dressing when I can, but yes, I feel guilty about breaching her trust, she's asked me to stop a number of times. Life would have been so much simpler had I not been drawn to dressing...

LindaLeeColby
05-26-2005, 12:32 AM
I've tried imagining what it would be like not being me, me as I am today and find it unnerving at best and down right scary at worse. No, if I had to do this over again I'd do it better but most likely the same if the context didn't change. I've been made far more brave than I think I might have been, stronger even and driven always to answer questions few people would dare ask of themselves, so smarter because of it. That feminine self, that side we try and separate never is so I've shared feelings and thoughts impossible for a man not prone to this. Thus, I can't imagine me as not me and thankful for this whatever this really is.

Hugs
Linda Lee

sarah
05-26-2005, 07:21 AM
We have all been or are going to go through this phase ..If only we could skip this and the other phases we go through we could save a lot of time but unfortunately we cant but ultimately you will end up ACCEPTING who you are and enjoying it..

Niya W
05-26-2005, 01:20 PM
See I can imganie my life not dressing, I envision a time were I could go to work dressed.

Stephenie
05-26-2005, 01:37 PM
I think that coming tp trems with my self over dressing has made me see others in a new light and I'm less likely to judge others for being different then me. But if I could do thing over I would be more up front about it to my SO's

AbbyLee
05-26-2005, 08:13 PM
I vassilated back and forth, dressing, not dressing purging on and on. Finally, when I discovered the forum and began feeling that I was part of a true community, I accepted myself and have been able to rid my self of the tortures of my mind, allowing me to think more of my loved ones.

Jerry
05-26-2005, 08:25 PM
I agree with AbbyLee in that I love our little community here. The largest benefit has been hearing all of you share your lives, feelings, frustrations, desires, and best of all: fashion!!!

More than any battles I've fought with myself, tense discussions with my wife, or therapy sessions, this is the place that allows me to best understand myself and explore my place here on this wonderful planet.

Today, I worked from home and spent the day in 3 different outfits, and it was wonderful. I was so productive. So Happy. I wish I could have known this level of self comfort for the last 40 years.

Sure, I have the occasional guilt trip. We all do. But knowing I'm okay, by knowing I'm not alone is, as the Mastercard ad says, is PRICELESS

Tina P Hose
05-26-2005, 08:37 PM
My life without crossdressing ? Don't really have a sober answer to that. If I was truely devoted to a woman, I suppose she would have to accept the fact, about my obsession to crossdress, but maybe for REAL love, it would just become part of making love.

Niya W
05-27-2005, 01:52 PM
See I could say that true love would make me stop, it was true love the other person would understand

Deidra Cowen
05-27-2005, 03:23 PM
I was a boring divorced middle aged guy in a rut. Oh things were ok money wise and thankfully with the family. But regardless I found myself being just a typical person with not much excitement in my life.

After being curious for a long time a couple of months ago I went to a makeover artist and got fully dressed and madeup for the 1st time. It was magic...I loved how i looked and felt.

Now I have this exciting secret life of crossdressing....boring? typical? Heck no! We are bending the rules and are out on the edge of normal society. (heck probably beyond the edge now that I think about it! :eek: ) I find it to be fun, plus constantly learning about being femmy has been a challedge and rewarding.

Not a half bad hobby for a middle aged guy...by the way as a fem I'm not middle aged! I don't act middle aged plus when I put the makeup on 5 to 6 years are erased just like my makeup lady told me. No wonder GGs put up with it. ;)

Deidra