PDA

View Full Version : Alls well that ends well!

Annie D
09-20-2008, 09:47 AM
After what seems to me as a long absence from the Forum, I spent some time reading what adventures and questions were here and would like to share an experience with all of you that I think adds to the positive acceptance of our world.

Although occasionally I will dress and try to appear totally female in order to save people around me the embarrassment of being outed themselves, most times I dress in casual feminine attire and wear light make up and some type of feminine head covering like a scarf or hat. I really feel uncomfortable wearing a wig because I don't feel as though I am very close to passing as female and feel as though I am making a mockery of presenting myself as a woman. I have a couple of "safe" places that I frequent and am accepted for the person that I am. The more that I have done this, the braver I have become and the more at ease that I am. My safe places are the nail salon, the donut shop and the gas station to fill up at the . I got brave enough to enter the gas station while wearing a short denim skirt to purchase a butane refill for the barbeque and every Wednesday and Saturday buy a lottery ticket.

Okay, here is what happened to me last Thursday: Early in the morning I decide to go to Walmart to buy a few needed items, so I do a quick shave, put on some face powder, small hoops, fresh lipstick, capris, cap sleeve top, flip-flops and scarf tied at the back of my head and off I go. I enter the store, say good morning to the greeter, grab a cart and place my billfold, car keys and cell phone in the child seat area. I do my shopping and pay for my items and return to my car only to find that I have lost my cell phone. I can't remember if I took it in with me or left it in the car. OMG! I am going to have to re-enter the store and retrace my steps to see if I can find it. My heart is beating 1000 x's a minute. This time, I have no cart to hide behind, carrying my billfold and car keys, I wiggle my butt the best that I can and while searching, I ask each and every employee I meet if they have found a cell phone. I ask stockers, I ask the lady who rang me up and you should have seen the wide eyes of the customer who was checking out at the time. From there I approach the greeter and the security person and talk to them about my lost phone. During this entire search, I got two or three stares from the males and the wide eyes of the customer but no snickers or ridicules and I survived.

Before leaving for work, I call my cell phone and leave a message that I will give a reward for the phone's return and leave my home number. I get home late Thursday night and there is a message on my answering machine that the phone had been found and I could pick it up in the bakery department. Friday morning, I dress in another casual enfemme outfit and go to reclaim the phone. I enter, say good morning to the greeter, go to the bakery department, there are four ladies working at the time and I spent about 5 minutes talking with one of the employees who refused to take a reward. As I exit the store, I stop and tell the security person and greeter and a third employee how happy I was that someone had been kind enough to return my phone.

Therefore ladies, there are several things to consider: one, people are still honest and return lost articles, two, people are more tolerant to alternate lifestyles than we think, three, we can be braver than we ever thought possible and four, good things happen if you act like a lady no matter what you are wearing.

Have a great week end!

PamelaTX
09-20-2008, 10:41 AM
That's really a cool story, Annie. Thanks for sharing.

Shelly Preston
09-20-2008, 10:57 AM
Thanks for sharing that with us

Its good to hear some good news even if it did not seem like that to begin with

Eileen
09-20-2008, 11:11 AM
Thanks for sharing Annie. Sometimes we just need a little nudge to get out into the world. Yes the world is not always a bad as we sometimes think.

Eileen

Angie G
09-20-2008, 08:36 PM
Nice story Annie glad you got your cell phone back hun. :hugs:
Angie

Patty
09-20-2008, 09:31 PM
Thanks for telling us your story. Very good ending

I have found out that the more I go out (if only with fem sandals-toe nails are painted and nails are done with arc and gel) along with both fem earrings --the more confidence I get.

And no remarks from anyone ---so far

kimdresses
09-20-2008, 10:58 PM
Thanks for the nice story Annie. Happy that it had a nice ending by you finding your phone. Still honesty in people left.

RachelDenise
09-21-2008, 09:58 AM
A lovely story. And your confidence is something to behold as well.

Carissa B.
09-21-2008, 10:19 AM
Hi Annie
Thanks for sharing your story, you are very brave. Glad you are back !

Carissa