PDA

View Full Version : Oops!

Jennifer Cox
09-20-2008, 03:55 PM
Some time ago I ordered some shoes from Long Tall Sally - for those not in the UK, or not familiar with the company, they sell womens fashion for tall people (TG friendly apparently :)).

I have no problem with the company, but due to my previous purchase, have become a constituent of their mailing list. Recently, I received a catalogue of their Autumn collection - very nice, and I'm sorely tempted. However, my problem is that my daughter received the mail and found it hilarious. She is not aware of my inclinations and I did my best to fob it off - all those internet questionaires etc :o.

Whilst I wish my daughter knew, I find it impossible to tell her. Recently, I'm finding that I'm much less discreet about my CDing. I know that I should have my name removed from the mailing list, but really want to receive the catalogues.

My daughter is 20 yrs old and in the final year of her degree course, so I don't want to do anything to upset her. Anyone else find themselves in similar circumstances ?

Greg
09-20-2008, 04:08 PM
That kinda had to be a uncomfortable situation for a minute

Shelly Preston
09-20-2008, 04:59 PM
Jennifer

Please dont do anything till her exams are over

suzy cool
09-20-2008, 05:05 PM
I bought something from Transformation in Manchester. You'd think they had no concept at all about CDing. I had to actually phone them up to tell them that a whole full colour catalogue of hormones and bum plugs was rather inconvenient for them to send to my home address three times even though I had told them not to previously..

Jennifer Cox
09-20-2008, 06:08 PM
Hi Suzy,

Don't rate Transformation, think they're a rip-off. Anyone else have an opinion ?

Jennifer

Please dont do anything till her exams are over

Hi Shelly,

I'm doing my best not to.

PamelaTX
09-20-2008, 06:38 PM
I wouldn't worry about receiving catalogs in the mail. I get dozens of them for all different sorts of things, and I have no idea why. Just toss it in the trash without comment. You can always retrieve it later. (Just my two cents worth.)

Dragster
09-20-2008, 07:25 PM
Yes Jennifer, I too think Transformation is a rip off. I went for a "Changeaway" in Manchester (I live in mid Cheshire Suzy, you anywhere near?) a couple of years ago. Thoroughly enjoyed the experience, and expected the price, but their goods are twice the price you can get elsewhere. I guess it's the cost of maintaining a retail outlet, on-line outfits don't carry the overheads.

Tony

Angie G
09-20-2008, 08:19 PM
I don't buy anything on line so no worries there hun. :hugs:
Angie

Jennifer Cox
09-21-2008, 07:51 AM
Hi Dragster,

I've not bought much from them, and that was many years ago, but just feel they're totally overpriced, for low quality items.

Jennifer Cox
09-21-2008, 04:07 PM
Hi Katie,

She always gets emotional about her studies - quite highly strung I think. Or at least she will be if I get any more grief when I try to help her! :D

Jennifer Cox
10-05-2008, 03:15 PM
Went shopping with my daughter today - wanted to go alone really, thought I'd under-dress and perhaps buy a few undies from M&S, they have some new silk lingerie that looks nice. :)

Didn't think (male) shoe shopping would appeal to her, but she 'needed' some stationery :sad:. Anyway, went to Moshulu in Cheltenham, which is opposite Long Tall Sally, wasn't really thinking about it. Then my daughter said "Why did LTS send you a catalogue" :o. "Don't know was my reply"!

I thought I'd previously evaded this issue, but obviously it's lodged itself in my daughters conciousness. :doh:

As she's at a crucial stage in her studies I don't want to upset her, but it's difficult to reign back from the subtle (?) hints about my inclinations. Anyway, not sure how best to extricate myself from this situation. :sad:

Nicole Erin
10-05-2008, 03:46 PM
Jennifer Cox, if she keeps prying and asking, you might not have any choice then to tell her. If she really wants to know I doubt she will be upset. I mean if you rubbed her nose in it without her asking then it would be different but she isn't leaving you a lot of options.
I imagine she will have the usual questions and will probably laugh about your being CD but overall she will probably be cool about it.
If she DOES get upset, well, it is not your fault. You have done your best to avoid the topic. Some people tho will not let things go. Just explain about being CD, but for God's sakes don't walk into the room with that French maid outfit you have in your avatar. Even veteran drag queens would be shocked by that thing. :heehee Just start planning on how to explain this if you can't avoid. If she wants to see photos, make sure you have your most presentable ones ready, and save the fetish ones for your own use.

Hi Suzy,

Don't rate Transformation, think they're a rip-off. Anyone else have an opinion ?

Isn't that the same company with the magazine "Transformation" which is or was edited by some CD called "Jerri"?

The prices seemed awfully expensive and their advertising was ridiculous -"Your wife will swipe your makeup, it's THAT good!"
Well then, sign me up right away cause I don't want to miss out....:brolleyes:

Or it would show photos of a she-male saying "These hormones really work" Yeah I bet!

I always looked at the crap and thought "If I want to pay those prices, I will just go back to the Elizabeth Arden counter at LS Ayres."

Shelly Preston
10-05-2008, 04:08 PM
She may be hinting to let you know by mentioning Long Tall Sally

Even if this is the case you are still better waiting unless there is something that she finds out first

Just be carefull :hugs:

Kimberly Marie Kelly
10-05-2008, 04:20 PM
My daughter is 24 years old and attending college, her last year. An event in her life gave me the impetus to tell my daughter about my crossdressing. The funny thing was she already knew for 15 years or so, she never told me because she wanted me to be comfortable about it and tell her. If you go to the link below you can read the wonderful story. I am now in the process of rervealing my crossdressing to my son. :battingeyelashes:

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90437&highlight=kimberly51

Your daughter is 20 years old and I would say she knows. Mine said she noticed there was never any mens underwear in the laundry and she connected 2+2=crossdressing, probably because her mom said the pretty underwear was dad's. But now I can talk with my daughter and she accepts me for me. Told her she can get me girly things for Xmas. :battingeyelashes:

Jennifer Cox
10-08-2008, 06:34 PM
Mine said she noticed there was never any mens underwear in the laundry and she connected 2+2=crossdressing, probably because her mom said the pretty underwear was dad's. But now I can talk with my daughter and she accepts me for me. Told her she can get me girly things for Xmas. :battingeyelashes:

I've read your thread Kimberly and think that's great. My wife baulked at me wearing undies, so there's still plenty of male ones in the wash. Not much of a clue there!

Jennifer Cox
10-08-2008, 06:43 PM
[QUOTE=MlleErin;1448847] ... for God's sakes don't walk into the room with that French maid outfit you have in your avatar. Even veteran drag queens would be shocked by that thing. :heehee ... If she wants to see photos, make sure you have your most presentable ones ready, and save the fetish ones for your own use.

Have you no fashion sense Erin! The avatar is a Japanese EGL (Lolita version) representing a highly stylised Victorian image, and has nothing to do with French Maids (I think - but what do I know LOL!).

As for showing my daughter photos of me dressed - NO WAY! :o - even I don't like looking at them. And yes, some do have a maid theme to them :D