PDA

View Full Version : Out of the mouth of babes ??

ukxdress
09-21-2008, 03:02 PM
We all went out for dinner the other night. My eldest daughter had her boyfriend with her and the conversation changed to pantomines. When he commented that it was so unfair that girls could be boys, but boys can't be girls - How I laughed and looked at my wife - she agrees with him and doesn't like my crossdressing !!

Coleen....

Ze xx
09-21-2008, 03:11 PM
I think he's forgotten the fine old tradition of the pantomime dame! :tongueout

Angie G
09-21-2008, 07:59 PM
That's how I got my wife to first let me wear a skirt playing the unfair thing.:hugs:
Angie

PamelaTX
09-21-2008, 08:23 PM
Yeah, I agree. I find it irritating that a woman can raid a man's closet, and be seen as fashionable, while a man raiding a woman's closet is viewed as a weirdo.

What is the difference anyway?

gennee
09-21-2008, 08:26 PM
Yeah, I agree. I find it irritating that a woman can raid a man's closet, and be seen as fashionable, while a man raiding a woman's closet is viewed as a weirdo.

What is the difference anyway?

Great point, Pam.

Gennee

Wenda
09-21-2008, 08:29 PM
Absolutely! I worked at one location where the women in on-floor management HAD to wear slacks, white shirt, vest, tie and a jacket, ie, a classic 'man's' outift. The guys would have been in big tourble if they had dressed ins kirts and heels.

docrobbysherry
09-21-2008, 08:59 PM
I don't know why!
I know it's not fair!
I know it's not rite!
I know CDs, etal, r wrongly persecuted!

However, according to the general populace, there's a BIG difference between a woman wearing men's clothes and men wearing women's!:sad:

justmetoo
09-21-2008, 09:18 PM
This is not an original theory on my part, but I believe a big part of it is due to inequality of the sexes. Women are still seen as the "weaker" sex by a large part of our society. By that viewpoint a guy who wants to "stoop' to emulating women or adopting anything designated as feminine is demeaning himself, so there must be something wrong with him.

Things have gotten marginally better over the last several decades as women edge closer to equality with men.

But I think CDs won't be fully accepted until women achieve true equality. We should all support women's rights, which are, after all is said and done, human rights!

obsessedwithpantyhose
09-22-2008, 06:50 AM
why does it HAVE to be "mens" clothes and "womens" clothes????????
why cant it be just clothes.......:brolleyes:

Ze xx
09-22-2008, 07:02 AM
why does it HAVE to be "mens" clothes and "womens" clothes????????
why cant it be just clothes.......:brolleyes:

Absolutely. I have both 'female' and 'male' clothes in my wardrobe. I think nothing of mixing and matching. I just wear what I feel suits at the time. On the surface it's just clothes, nothing more. Anything that's below the surface is going to be there regardless of what you're wearing. Try telling a scot that wearing a kilt is effeminate! Try telling a gg that a trouser suit is inappropriate and she should be wearing a skirt. Clothes shouldn't define you.