PDA

View Full Version : Dont mis place your car

Niya W
09-21-2008, 05:01 PM
Last night I did some thing I cant believe I did. I forgot were parked my car. I looked at slip from the parking garage to help me remember . Of course there is no address on the stupid slip. I wound up walking for an hour in brand new pair of boots. Which our now broken in plus few blisters . I'm walking around SF pissed off. Not in the best of area. I did get hit on few times. I had one guy over to drive me around looking for my car.

I must of did more walking then I realized. I get home and go to bed. Two hours later my legs cramped up.

girl_in_pantyhose
09-21-2008, 05:05 PM
wow, living in Florida we have just a few parking garages. I can't imagine how you must have felt. but on a up note you did make it back to your car! Imagine how many cars a year are lost this way!

Niya W
09-21-2008, 05:10 PM
Oh I made it back. Realized like an idiot the fist few times I walked up the right street. just not far enough. SF is all about parking garages. street parking is rare in SF. Um yeah I made it to my car

Sam-antha
09-21-2008, 05:32 PM
It took you a while to tell us that you did get your car after all. Our suspense was nothing like yours.

I have done that "undressed", so who knows what else I could do when dressed with my car. All the same, once I did lock the key inside and my wife had the spare at home. It was awful to look through the window and see the object of desire sitting so smugly in the ignition lock.
The quarter light was too tight fitting to use a wire coat hanger, which anyway was inside the car with my suit on it.
That was some time back tho' when there were secret ways into such cars.
All the same it was rather thrilling in its way and like yours, it was certainly a happening to remember.

~Samm

Niya W
09-21-2008, 05:42 PM
Well I thought the fact I was typing this story means I got the car back, or maybe I just like teasing people.

I about two minutes before I found my car I was ready to call my parents to come pick me up. Of course they would of been pissed off driving 50 miles at 3 am in the morning.

Angie G
09-21-2008, 07:44 PM
I've misplaced my car before but not a Garage hun I'd be miffed also. :hugs:
Angie

PamelaTX
09-21-2008, 08:48 PM
Buy yourself a hand-held GPS receiver! Then all you have to do is remember to waypoint your car before you leave it.

I bought one of these a few years ago and the only time I get lost is when I forget to take the GPS with me.

Tracii G
09-21-2008, 09:03 PM
Did you have to many white wine spritzers?I've done that too so don't feel bad.LOL.

Niya W
09-21-2008, 09:05 PM
NAw I was sober , just forget the damn street name

Tracii G
09-21-2008, 09:21 PM
Glad you got home OK whew!

tamarav
09-22-2008, 07:04 AM
I hate to admit that I did the same thing in SF. There are so many little hidden parking garages with entrances that just pop out of no where. I looked at my parking ticket and realized that all it said was the name of a large parking company, not the address.

I obviously eventually found the car but I walked a bit also. There were some interesting offers made that night.....

Niya W
09-22-2008, 12:30 PM
See some else knows what I'm talking about. Get any cat calls tamarav.

IMJenn
09-22-2008, 07:53 PM
That is one of the things that make me afraid to go outside, let alone drive dressed like that. More power to ya for being able to do that.

For some reason the old Seinfeld episode popped into my head where they lose the car in the garage. It was quite funny on TV though, as opposed to real life.

This situation here though, is why I am of the opnion that everyone(not just TGs, CDs, or GGs) should attend some sort of self defense clinic. You never know what people are going to do. Even a basic understanding of it is very helpful. Of course, I am biased having done martial arts for 9 years.

divamissz
09-22-2008, 09:59 PM
I forget where I park all the time, though I've never lost my car so badly I could not remember what parking lot I was supposed to be in...

Vieja
09-23-2008, 11:43 AM
Hi Niya, I have never misplaced my car but I have done something even more ridiculous. I have spent a considerable amount of time looking for my red Toyota when I drove my blue Honda.

:brolleyes: Vieja

Niya W
09-23-2008, 11:46 AM
Now thats a good one :)

GypsyKaren
09-23-2008, 12:23 PM
Hi Niya, I have never misplaced my car but I have done something even more ridiculous. I have spent a considerable amount of time looking for my red Toyota when I drove my blue Honda.

:brolleyes: Vieja

I wish I had a dollar for every time I've done that, talk about feeling like an idiot.

Karen Starlene :star:

Niya W
09-23-2008, 12:26 PM
worst one is when I rented a honda civic ,silver color. There must of been like 50 of the damn things in the parking lot.

Sam-antha
09-23-2008, 02:21 PM
I never used a Parking Garage thing in Edinburgh, just Street Meters of which there used to be more than enough . Which makes it difficult to remember which street I was in, -sometimes- cos the architecture in the New Town is remarkably similar on a street to street basis.
That time I locked my key in could have been puzzling/amusing to an onlooker, cos the only way into that car was through the sun roof, via a "wind it open yourself" motor overide in the boot.
Thankfully the boot was not locked, so all I had to do was to remove the spare wheel, - it covered the motor and the tool bag -, find the handle for the motor, turn the handle and then climb in the roof.
Not so easy dressed, cos the car was a rather big, respectable saloon.

Niya, did you have to look up your Honda's registration, phone the hire company or what ?

Niya W
09-23-2008, 02:31 PM
Oh sorry the Honda was another incident . I had to use the alarm function on the key fob to find the car.

sandyb40c
09-23-2008, 02:35 PM
I often have my digital camera with me, so if I am parking in an unfamiliar area I take pictures of the car parked in the garage, trying to make sure there is a number of the section in the picture, too. If it's an unfamiliar garage I take pictures of it as well and try to get some kind of landmark in the picture, too. It may sound crazy, but it has worked for me on a few occasions. All I have to do is check the picture on the camera and I'm not wasting too much time to find the car again.

Niya W
09-23-2008, 02:37 PM
You know I had my digital camera.