PDA

View Full Version : How do I explain this one?

megan163
09-21-2008, 07:16 PM
I was in my fave local thrift. Too familiar because the clerks know me, not as CD but as frequent shopper. So I had a dress that I just had to see if it fit so I put it w/the hanger in front of me. Well, one of the clerks who's also seen me w/wife & family says "you trying on a dress?" Oopsie! :o So I just laugh & say incredulously "Noooo, just trying to carry things." Man, how lame that must have sounded. Now my wife knows about my CDing but I don't think she'd be happy to know I've been so careless in public. What a goof.

Angie G
09-21-2008, 07:23 PM
My wife and I shop together And if I did that or even wanted to try something on she says it's up to me. :hugs:
Angie

PamelaTX
09-21-2008, 08:59 PM
I imagine the clerk had seen that sort of thing many times. The clerks at my local thrift shop always give me a knowing smile when I buy something femme.

Tracii G
09-21-2008, 09:07 PM
Me too Pamela "wink wink nudge nudge"

JenniferR771
09-21-2008, 09:13 PM
Relax Megan, you are in California! The girls at my favorite thrift shop (Valueland) all know me. They are cool and some of them even talk to me and help me find special outfits.Jjust introduce yourself and explain, "I am a crossdresser." Of course my wife is not really Ok with my cding--but she does not shop there--no problem.
Some of the outfits are really nice. See my avatar and profile pic.

CD Susan
09-22-2008, 01:18 AM
I have been shopping at thrift stores for 40 years and I have seen all of the reactions possible. Most of the clerks know that a man buying womens clothes is a cd and they do not care. There are still a few that think the guy is buying something for his wife or girlfriend. Again no big deal. Some of us put too much emphasis on this issue. Shopping at thrift stores is so easy. Here is a tip, if you want thrift stores to treat you good donate plastic bags to them. Save up a couple hundred and take them with you the next time you go shopping. They are always happy to recieve plastic shopping bags and appreciate this very much.

Jess_cd32
09-22-2008, 04:04 AM
I'm getting to the point were I really don't care what people think anymore and have been buying some things, w/ Halloween just around the corner that does make it alittle easier for us closet cd's though.

rachel_rachel
09-22-2008, 04:20 AM
I'm getting a bit predictable myself.... There's 2 opp shops that i like to go to around home, the salvos and vinnies..

Both are run volunteers but the old dears at the salvos know me as the bloke who drives the big truck full of chocloate and they've even worked out an approx. time of the day i get there on fridays as well. I'm giving that one a miss for a few weeks, she expects chocloate every time i go there!

Ze xx
09-22-2008, 05:19 AM
For a start, you don't need to explain ANYTHING. They will not want to lose a sale, thrift shop or otherwise.

However if you feel a need to give an explaination, but keep the truth to yourself, then don't stammer or mumble, you will sound more like you are hiding anything, and say something like you've bought the wrong length for your wife, gf or whoever you're saying you're buying for, and now you know where things have to hang on you so you can get the right length for her.

In the situation you described you could easily have just laughed and said 'it looks like that doesn't it' which makes light of the issue without giving anything away.

Come out with a line like, 'well if you leave a man in a room with a teacosy it isn't long before he puts it on his head' again this makes light of the issue without admitting or confirming anything.

KATIE TV
09-22-2008, 05:40 AM
I just say "don't you think it suites me then?"