PDA

View Full Version : Emailed my daughter and told her about my cross dressing.

Kimberly Marie Kelly
09-21-2008, 08:34 PM
This evening, just a few minutes ago I emailed my daughter to tell her my secret, that I'm a cross dresser. I've wanted to do this for several months now but something this evening made me tell her.

She called me to tell me about her New girlfriend, which was a slight shock at first to hear about. But I love my daughter and will always love her, I can't judge her and will accept her always. I will accept whoever she decides to be with.

After this phone call I had such a strong desire to reveal my Cross dressing to her that I sent her an email. It has been sent, with pictures etc and a link to this site for her to visit. I am so scared as to how she will respond, but think she will be accepting of this part of me. Will let all my sisters know how it goes. :battingeyelashes:

Here is the email message I sent:

I want to thank you for calling me and trusting me enough to tell me about your girl friend Melissa, it must have taken a lot of courage to tell your parents about this relationship. I want you to know that no matter what, I love you and that will never change. Both you and Melissa will always be welcome in my home. To be truthful, I will be a little uncomfortable at first, like all dads they would like their little girls to grow up, get married and have children. I always believed that in time this would happen, but I want you to know that I support you both. I can only love you and accept you both. I look forward to hearing more about Melissa and someday meeting her.

For myself, I’m neither bisexual or gay, no matter what your mom may say about me. As my signature below shows, I do have a secret to reveal, which I feel whose time has come to tell you, I am a cross dresser and have been to some degree, since my early teens. I think that you have already suspected this, probably your mom said things to you at times or maybe you noticed that there wasn’t a lot of men’s underwear in the wash. The cross dressing doesn’t make me gay, when dressed I feel like the person I should have been, a woman. I was never able to explain these feelings to Laurie, I hope that you will understand and accept this part of me. I will always love you and be your father and will be here to answer any questions you have. And no I am not ever considering changing my sex. I get along with women very well, since I think more like a woman, but dressing as a woman makes it difficult to have a relationship, one on one with woman. If you have any questions you are more than welcome to ask. I am a member of www.crossdressers.com , my screen name is Kimberly51. The site offers me a place where I can explore & discuss my feelings with other people like me, you are welcome to visit and search on my screen name. I have attached some pictures to quell your curiosity.

There is one request I make, don’t tell your mom about this part of me as she will tell everyone and this will not be good. Not knowing how you will react, I am scared and apprehensive letting you know my secret but I feel it is the right thing to do. I love you very much.

Say hello to Melissa for me and let her know that she is accepted by me. I will say goodnight and again, I love you, Kimberly aka Dad

:battingeyelashes:

PamelaTX
09-21-2008, 08:42 PM
That's a great letter. I hope she understands, and that everything goes well for you.

Tracii G
09-21-2008, 08:54 PM
You put it all out there in a very to the point letter. Well done Kimberly.
I don't think I could do it.

justmetoo
09-21-2008, 08:57 PM
Best of luck. Please let us know how it goes. (If she's anything like her father I'm sure all will be well!)

susanmichelle
09-21-2008, 09:02 PM
I agree with the others a very nice open and honest letter to your daughter. You put it all on the line and was truthful and left the communications open for her to stay hopefully comfortable with you and your feelings and also have pointed out to her that you have open arms and a open heart for her and her new girlfriend as well. I hope her reply will come soon and be what you want. She should be open minded enought to understand I would think. So good luck and best wishes on it going positive.

Kimberly Marie Kelly
09-21-2008, 09:26 PM
Don't know what was going on, tried to send the email and it wouldn't go. I sent other emails as test, but the one I was sending her just wouldn't send. Beginning to think it wasn't meant to be, but copied and pasted the contents into another new email and that one sent.

I will let you all know what her response is when I get it..thanks for the nice comments. Luv you all.

Karen C
09-21-2008, 09:32 PM
grate letter I don't think I could have done any better .
best of luck It sounds like you have a grate relashionship.
you must be verry proud of her . I would be .

debbeelee1
09-21-2008, 09:42 PM
Great letter Kimberly! I sincerely hope everything works out between you and your daughter and I don't see why it shouldn't!

Vintage4sarah
09-22-2008, 06:29 AM
Kimberly,

Thank you for posting this letter. It really motivated me to action. Even though my situation is different, I have been contemplating this for some time. I like the way that you organized and phrased your words. This will help me in approaching my daughter who has always been daddy's girl.

MJ
09-22-2008, 06:37 AM
my hope for you is that your daughter will accept and love you all the more

Angie G
09-22-2008, 07:19 AM
Very nice letter to you daughter your a good dad and I think she will be OK with your news :hugs:
Angie

Stephanie Stephens
09-22-2008, 07:34 AM
WOW. Very well done. I have have also considered telling my daughter but haven't found a burning need to. I will be watching this thread with interest.
I wish you the very best of luck and I do believe that it will work out very well because it is obvious that there is a lot of love between you two.

Steph

Kimberly Marie Kelly
09-22-2008, 04:59 PM
But not to worry, she doesn't always check her email everyday like her dad does. But I wait anxiously for a reply and will let my sisters know how it goes. For now I'm waiting on pins and needles. :battingeyelashes:

Caitlintgsd
09-22-2008, 05:05 PM
Congratulations! I told my son about myself right after he told me that he's bi and had a crush on a guy. He completely accepted it and we've gone to a few Pride festivals since then.

Di
09-22-2008, 05:18 PM
But not to worry, she doesn't always check her email everyday like her dad does. But I wait anxiously for a reply and will let my sisters know how it goes. For now I'm waiting on pins and needles. :battingeyelashes:
Hon sending you good vibes:hugs: She is like me .....my kids get upset with me cause I sometimes don't get to my email for days on end.Let us know:love:

Tamara Croft
09-22-2008, 05:22 PM
If she's anything like my daughter, pretty much open to things, she'll be fine :x Let us know how things go :hugs: And to add, what a great letter :)

CD Susan
09-22-2008, 06:13 PM
Kimberly, that was a very well composed letter that you sent to your daughter. It could not have been any better. I have the feeling that she will be accepting of you and I pray that this happens. You did not state how old your daughter is but I get the feeling that she is an adult. Our children can surprise us at times and be very understanding and supportive of these things. This was the case with me when my son learned about me. He was only nine years old when his mother told him about me during the divorce. We disscussed it when he was 16 and he was o.k. with it. Please keep us up to date on your situation. All of us here are hoping this works out for you.

Vivian Best
09-22-2008, 06:22 PM
Very well done Kimberly! I too hope she is as understanding of your cross dressing as you are of her life style. Good luck to both of you.

Kimberly Marie Kelly
09-22-2008, 06:50 PM
Still waiting.

To answer some questions you have posted, I went thru my separation and divorce which took 4 1/2 yrs to occur, divorce finalized about 5 yrs ago. During this time my daughter hated me or may I say disliked me, she thought that I was the cause of the marriage and family breaking up. She was about 12 or 13 at that time and my ex wife did what no parent should do, she confided with our daughter as an equal. Said things about why the marriage was falling apart and that it was all my fault, that I crossdressed (underdressed at that time), that I was gay and many other hurtful things

Years later she was in the hospital for a back condition and this was when our relationship changed, I was there every day for at least 12-14 hours to keep her company. She had major back surgery to fuse her back, she was scared and I was there for her. She came to realize that I loved her and cared for her more than her mom, simply because I was there for her. Since then our relationship has been good.

She is 24 yrs old now, attending at Savannah College of Arts and yes I love her and I am very proud of her, her name is Vicki. :battingeyelashes:

Shelly Preston
09-22-2008, 06:57 PM
I feel sure you daughter will be ok given the fact you love her and was there for her when she needed you

She will probably understand now why you were so accepting of her gf

Good luck :hugs:

Missy Anne
09-22-2008, 08:13 PM
Kimberly,

I must compliment you on how well written your letter was. I feel sure everything will be fine.

Best wishes,

Missy Anne

KellyCD
09-22-2008, 08:30 PM
I'm proud of you for gathering the courage to tell her. I wish you the best of luck! Hopefully she will understand, and perhaps may get a new member here!

:daydreaming:

Crystal Alberta
09-22-2008, 08:38 PM
It's great to see parents supporting their children unconditionally. After responding so positively and respectfully to your daughter's revelation, it's hard to imagine her not responding the same way to yours.

All the best,
Crystal

Kimberly Marie Kelly
09-22-2008, 09:03 PM
Things go well with my daughter, I may muster the courage and go for broke and tell my son about my Crossdressing. He is 2 years younger at 22 yrs old and living on his own. If I am able to tell my son and he accepts me for me, that would remove the stress of hiding the person I am from my family. Continue to pray that my daughter responds favorably to my email.

Again, thanks for all the good wishes, compliments and your love shown in all your posts. It means alot to me. :battingeyelashes:

Sally2005
09-22-2008, 10:54 PM
You might want to follow-up with a phone call or in person. She might have some questions or not know how to respond. I hope all goes well.

Jilmac
09-23-2008, 11:08 AM
Kimberly, I can see the tenderness in your heart as you experssed your undying love for your daughter. Perhaps she shares that same love and hopefully will accept Kimberly as an integral part of your life. :thumbsup:

candreser
09-23-2008, 04:34 PM
congratulations kimberly,
i hope that she understand you...good luck to you...

Kimberly Marie Kelly
09-23-2008, 05:27 PM
She doesn't always check her email, so as someone suggested I will give her a call tonight to see how she's doing and if she checked her email yet. I'm kinda chicken to talk in person about my cross dressing to her first, I'd like to have her read it first before talking with her. I've always been a letter writer, as I communicate clearer in words than in speech. So if she hasn't read the email first, I'll ask her to read it and then call me back. Kim is a big chicken at times.

I will follow up with all, later tonight. :battingeyelashes::battingeyelashes:

Jaclyn NM
09-23-2008, 06:19 PM
Whatever happens Kimberly, you letter was beautiful, and sensitive. I hope your daughter accepts it and responds in a very positive manner, because you certainly deserve it. I wish you well and hope for the best.

cdmindymi
09-23-2008, 07:38 PM
Very well done kimberly. I hope it works out for you and Vicky, I am sure it will. best of luck to you both.

Kimberly Marie Kelly
09-23-2008, 07:55 PM
For those who remember this old TV soap. Anyhow, got a reason to legitimately call my daughter tonight. Called her to tell her that my son, her brother threw his girl friend out of their rented house. It appears that she has slept with her ex boyfriend and his friends told him about it. My son is devastated, he cares alot about her, but it appears from talking with him, this is not the first time she may have cheated on him. He also knew that she had cheated on previous boyfriends going into the relationship, but thought it would be different with him as he doesn't abuse her etc. (he's 22 yrs old)

The advice I gave him is this to either forgive her and to work things out with her or determine that since she has a history of cheating with him and previous boyfriends, to let it end and go forward. I will be calling him back later tonite.

In the meantime, also asked my daughter to check her email and call me back to talk. So maybe, I'll have a response tonite.

If anyone has words of advice regards my son and his relationship troubles you can PM me. :eek::battingeyelashes:

Valerie
09-23-2008, 09:08 PM
Kimberly, I am adding my good vibes to those of all our sisters who admire you and very much hope all goes well with your children.

Valerie

Kimberly Marie Kelly
09-24-2008, 06:17 AM
:love:She finally got my email and responded and the response was more than I expected.. I wish I choose to do this so much sooner. Here it is below:

Dad,
I am so elated that you have finally told me that you are a cross-dresser. I have known for a very long time, i guess about 15 years old. I became okay with it a year after I figured it out. I am totally okay with it completely and fully. I want you to be happy and I want you to do what you want. I was so glad that you went to work on Hallloween last year in full drag in front of your co-workers. I was so freaking proud of you. Remember that time we went to arby's a while back , well last time i was home. well there was a lady there, an older woman that was staring at us because you were in spandex. you walked to the table and stopped in front of her and turned around and looked at her for a while. I said "are you happy?" she stopped right away and kept to herself. I realized at that point that I am here to support you. I love you very very much and am so glad that you love me like I do you. It could be so much worse, you could be a drug addict or absent. This fine with me. I love you and want you to know it. It may be a little wierd looking at pictures but, it makes my life interesting and more real. Thank you so much. Please know that you can always be frank and honest with me and I will always love you.

Victoria

It's amazing how something like this can take the fear and stress out of you so instantly. For those with adult children consider letting them in on your secret, they probably already know. Love to everyone who encouraged me and supported me, thank you for your encouraging replies to my posting. They are appreciated. :battingeyelashes::battingeyelashes:

Shelly Preston
09-24-2008, 06:39 AM
Thats great news Kimberly

:Party:

Stephanie Stephens
09-24-2008, 06:48 AM
Right on - right on - right on.....................

Steph

TG-Taru
09-24-2008, 06:55 AM
Great :) Will make life better for you both.

Shadeauxmarie
09-24-2008, 06:55 AM
If her response doesn't make you want to cry, then ......

valenstein
09-24-2008, 07:33 AM
That's wonderful Kimberly! Give yourself a little bit of credit for raising such a wonderful daughter.

deja true
09-24-2008, 07:47 AM
Gosh, Kimberly!

It's a good thing I'm readin this over breakast ..without makeup on...

There's no makeup to ruin from the tears that started when I read your daughter's reply!

Dear one, this is such happy news!

respect & love...

d

Julia Welch
09-24-2008, 08:52 AM
That's good news.....congratulations on your bravery.

gagirl1
09-24-2008, 01:13 PM
that......is......amazing!! i bet you're on cloud nine right now. i know i am just from reading that. you have an amazing daughter.

Sally2005
09-24-2008, 01:20 PM
Oh, wonderful!

Jennifer Cox
09-24-2008, 01:29 PM
I know someone who told his kids - daughter was OK, but the son wants nothing to do with him. :sad:

Hope you have better luck, but perhaps you should approach your son with more caution.

Deborah Jane
09-24-2008, 01:29 PM
Terrific news Kimberly, i,m really pleased for you :)

Nicole Erin
09-24-2008, 02:42 PM
Well that is cool. Now you and your daughter truely are "family" in more than just blood. :heehee: Sometimes she may bitch to you about women, knowing you will understand better than most dads.

That would be one cool thing about having a daughter. It seems daughters tend to be more accepting of these types of things.

Christie ann
09-24-2008, 03:04 PM
great news! Sounds like a girls night out with your daughter and her girlfriend...and you of course.

RachelDenise
09-24-2008, 03:56 PM
Kimberly, what great news! A perfect ending to your risk. I know it wasn't easy and yet you did it! I am so happy for you! :love:

Tina B.
09-24-2008, 04:29 PM
Well it was all done and said before I got here and read it, so all I can do is add my congratulations to the rest of them, I wish I where as brave as you are!
Tina B.

MJ
09-24-2008, 04:30 PM
That's good news Kimberly :hugs:

Kimberly Marie Kelly
09-24-2008, 04:51 PM
I emailed my daughter to ask her if my son knew I crossdressed and she said "yes, he does", so I plan on talking with my son about his dad's secret to him. But I will wait till he gets thru his immediate relationship problems with his girlfriend. Why put extra things on his plate to deal with.

But knowing he knows makes it easier now to go out enfemme. Part of my fear was what if it got back to them that I cross dressed what would their reaction be? Now I know they know so I have less fear about going out enfemme. Cause all the people I care most about, know my secret, so who cares if strangers see me now.

Letting your family know your secret is the beginning. I am so happy and love my kids more than ever.

Thank you all, for you wonderful support, without it I could not have done this.. Kimberly :battingeyelashes:

angelfire
09-24-2008, 06:56 PM
Congrats on having the courage to send it, and I am so happy that your daughter accepts you. I agree you should probably wait a bit to have 'the talk' with your son, but if he already knows and still loves you, it shouldn't be as hard. I hope all goes well, and congrats once again! :hugs:

Josephine 1941
09-24-2008, 07:37 PM
Hi Kimberly congads I had the same thing in my life, now my daughters that are both gay love to come an vist me. We go to gay bars together me dressed. My GG love me to dress we are heading to Key West for the Fantice fair on the 22 to the 27 of Oct. Been there once all ready and have gone to P town 2 times for carnaval. I could live 24 /7 as a women if I want. I like the man part of me, I have a great GG her an I are the same size in cloths and shoes . We have great time shopping and going out plus play tennis 4 to 5 times a wk. I am very fortunet to have found such a great GG. :love:

KathrynTX
09-24-2008, 08:26 PM
Maybe you and Vicki and Melissa can go shopping together. :)

If you do, of course we'll all want to hear about it. :heehee:

I'm thrilled for you that telling her turned out better than you could have imagined. :hugs:

Crystal Alberta
09-24-2008, 08:33 PM
Yay! It's great to hear when things work out so well. Your daughter sounds very cool. I'm sure her attitudes are a credit to her upbringing.

Crystal

justmetoo
09-24-2008, 09:00 PM
That's wonderful! Sounds like she takes after her father. Very nice letter/e-mail from her, just like the one you sent her. Now I just have to figure out why my screen gets blurry here once in a while...

Sheri 4242
09-24-2008, 09:47 PM
I came into this thread after it was history, but Kim, you handled it in great fashion!

emmicd
09-24-2008, 10:47 PM
I think it's positive you opened up to your daughter through a letter. The only thing is I would have hand written it and sent it for only her to read. Sometimes it's not good to share it with others until your loved one can come to understand and express her feelings first.

It is well written and clearly thought out.

Good Luck!

emmi

Darlene-VA
09-26-2008, 09:49 AM
Glad that it all worked out for both of you, a wonderful read and you wrote an outstanding letter.

Annaliese
09-26-2008, 10:01 AM
Great letter, I hope everything goes well.

Hugs Annaliese

Jennifer Devine
09-26-2008, 11:24 AM
I'm so pleased for you and you have a wonderful daughter there =)

Jen xxx

jenni_xx
09-26-2008, 01:55 PM
It's a wonderful e-mail. Very sensitve, and very well put.

But she is your daughter. Surely this would have been much better had it happened face-to-face?

Did she have the courage to tell you about her sexuality to your face, or did she write it in an e-mail similar to yours? I know, more than anyone (I think), how hard this can be, but no matter how sensitive, intelligent, and caring one writes a letter (or e-mail), the one thing that never comes across in it is the emotion that displays itself on your face. The shaking, the anticipation, the nerves, the relief, the release of pure-pent up emotion can only ever come across when we force ourselves to confront another person in the flesh. Like I say, she is your daughter, and my opinion is that, considering your need to come out to her, she is deserving more than most for you to tell her this in person.

Having said all of this, I do sincerely hope that everything goes well for you. I'm sure it will. It is, irrespective of what I've just said, very very brave of you, and for that alone, I commend you.

jenni_xx
09-26-2008, 02:04 PM
My bad - I've just read the rest of the thread and come across your daughters reply to you. That'll teach me for being somewhat trigger-happy with my fingers and the send button.

I am soooo happy for you.

Kimberly Marie Kelly
09-26-2008, 06:04 PM
But she is in College down in Atlanta GA, she attends the Savannah College of Arts,the Atlanta Campus. She is in her last year there. So Email was the method of choice. We plan to have a long phone conversation this weekend.
I have always loved my daughter, she was the first of my two children and she was a daddy's girl for many years. I am also proud of my Son and love him immensely too. :battingeyelashes:

nina1947
09-26-2008, 07:46 PM
Kimberly--this is an amazing and wonderful story. I kept hoping, in reading through the thread, that everything would turn out alright. You are truly blessed and have wonderful children, well, you raised them didn't you?

It's amazing how much kids know and how much we think we're so clever at hiding our private lives. Nina

marny
09-27-2008, 01:59 AM
Such life important revelations should be done face to face hon!

obsessedwithpantyhose
09-27-2008, 02:27 AM
thats great that it all worked out and your children love you no matter what..

for me its so much simpler,,as everyone who knows me knows i dress,,and my son who is now 14 knew his whole life daddy dressed as it wasnt something i hid...

i was 31 when he was born and i had been wearing pantyhose since i was 12,,so thats how many years??? to late to start hiding,,,

its late and im tired not sure what point im tryn to make here about me....

caroline05tv
09-27-2008, 02:40 AM
I'm so glad it's worked out for both of you. Things are looking good!

Di
09-27-2008, 08:05 AM
Kimberely, I think you handled it just right and very happy about the outcome:love:

Samantha Kelsey
09-27-2008, 09:29 AM
well done, I know how you feel. I did it with three sons and a daughter. My daughter and eldest son were great about it the younger two sons accepted it and said they were okay with it "but please don't turn up on our doorstep dressed as a woman" they would rather not be reminded of it.
You now know what relief feels like
Sam K

Kimberly Marie Kelly
09-28-2008, 12:50 PM
Had a pleasant converstaion with my daughter and spoke on many things. What was cool was talking with her about my feelings and hers, about my crossdressing and her new relationship etc. She mentioned that she knew for a long time but didn't want to say anything, she wanted me to tell her first. She also said I can dress around her when she visits, if that is how I am more comfortable, but would like me dressed a little more conventionally when going out together.

She did mention that she always wore the clothes I bought her for xmas etc because they were nice, she disliked the clothes her mom got as they were frumpy old ladies clothes. Who knew I had decent taste in clothes. I told her the way I chose the clothes was simple, I picked the clothes I would like to wear. Told her for xmas this year that she can buy clothes for me or jewelry or makeup. Should be a nice Xmas.

Now all I need to do is reveal my secret to my son personally, eventhough my daughter say's he knows that I crossdress, then my immediate family will know. Then I will work on my Uncle and possibly my brother. My brother I know would be against it, as he had a coworker who started dressing fulltime and then underwent SRS surgery. He was a good friend of his and he just did not understand how someone could give up his family over that, apparently they separated & divorced. I may not tell my brother as we don't see each other often, he lives in the NW state of Washington.

I hope that some of you who've read this thread may have the courage to reveal themselves to their children. It is definitely worth it. Love Kimberly :battingeyelashes:

Shelly Preston
09-28-2008, 01:05 PM
Hi Kimberly

Nice to hear things are all going well
Telling your son wont be easy but if he knows then it should be fine
Has your daughter told your son that you have finally told her

If she has he will be expecting you to tell him too

Good luck cause its never easy :hugs:

Kimberly Marie Kelly
09-28-2008, 06:54 PM
She suggested to me, not to tell him anything, till his relationship problems are settled out. So I am going to wait a short while before talking with him about it. But thank you for your concern. Kimberly :battingeyelashes:

Sarah's lover
09-29-2008, 02:05 PM
I'm really happy for you that this is all going so well. My initial thought was that it was a bit hard to ask your daughter not to talk to her mum about it but it's slightly different when she's had all those years to adjust to the idea. Had it been the first she'd heard it would have been different.

We've been going through the same thing. My tg so and i have told our daughter who's been amazing but doesn't want to see him dressed. Our son is too young. My sis was cool and his mum is being a bit of a pain and making it all about her and his childhood etc. He had a happy childhood. Grrrrrr

Anyway I've been really proud of sarah... as she's told her mum what's what and to stop doing various things that a re a problem. So its all good.

Anyway i'm happy for you.

Jenn2716
09-29-2008, 02:38 PM
Hi Kimberly,
Congratulations on having such a positive experience with telling your daughter. Looks like you raised a good one there. :)