PDA

View Full Version : Looking into hormones...

Anastacia_Sandria
09-22-2008, 06:18 PM
First off, I want to start this with a little note: please please PLEASE, no negative comments. I know %99 of girls here as sweet as candy and so this isn't necessary, but I have had an issue with 1 person before, and was kind of hurt by it. Right now I would just like answers if possible, not criticisms. Thanks in advance.

On to the actual questions:
I've been looking more and more into going on hormones, but here's the thing; I'm not fully TG, more like bi-gendered. What I'd be aiming for is getting slightly fuller hips, and smaller waistline, and small (A cup, maybe slightly more) breasts. I'd like to have what I'm wearing dictate what I look like; if I'm dressed masculine (loose jeans and t-shirt), look like a guy, if a somewhat feminine one. If I'm dressed femme, look like a girl. Basically go for an androgynous appearance. Now, I don't even know if this is or is not feasable, to start with, so that's my first question. Can a lower than normal hormone regimen do those changes?
Another big question is are children going to be out of the question if I go on even a lower dose of hormones? I know that larger amounts of estrogen render one infertile, but does that go for ANY amount? My wife and I are recently married, and would like to have kids somewhere down the line. If I am or have been on hormones, would that be flat-out impossible?

I guess those are really the major questions I have. I'm also planning on consulting both a general practitioner and a gynocologist (in case there could be any negative effects on my wife), but I wanted to see what I could find out from here as well.

Thanks so much in advance!

MJ
09-22-2008, 07:26 PM
well I'm sweet as a bumble bee. so i will tell you with love and respect.
first of all there is no middle ground to do this the right way you must go through a doctor.
the risk are there blood clots , stroke heart-attack and death. over time sex becomes imposable and if you just take estrogen alone it will mess with your head . emotionally and mood swings. you are either male or female not both.
if you want breasts and be a guy then go for implants it is much better for your health and your wallet in the long run.
hugs

Sharon
09-22-2008, 08:03 PM
By "no negative comments," do you mean you don't want honest answers? Or do you simply mean you don't want to be treated as someone who hasn't a clue? If you just want us tell you what you want to hear, then I best not reply.

Anastacia_Sandria
09-22-2008, 08:59 PM
Okay, let me clarify: by "no negative comments" I was referring to things that basically say "if your not committed, you're an idiot", or "if your not willing to go 100% all the way with no reservations, get the f*** off the train".

I'm more than willing to listen if people say "this is not a good idea", or "the health risks outweigh the benefits if you don't take full doses."

I'll listen if you tell me if its a bad idea, but if you call me stupid for wanting a specific thing, then that's another story.

Niya W
09-22-2008, 09:30 PM
With hormones there is no middle ground. It will affect your ability to preform for your wife. I really cant see a gender therapist give you hormones with intentions to live full time at some point. For some all it takes is just little bit and they will develop. Have you thought about what will happen if you get more than an A cup ??

Sally2005
09-22-2008, 10:37 PM
My knowledge is based on what I have read and not on experience or anything reliable for this, but your idea doesn't sound that unreasonable, perhaps uncharted though. My guess is since we all have more or less of the hormones in our bodies already why couldn't you change the balance slightly? I think you might have difficulties getting the best of both worlds and instead you might get a muddy average or the worst of each. From what I hear you can go full strength for a month and can eventually get back to where you were before, but I doubt it is without problems. I think you should bounce the idea off your doctor, but maybe hard to gain their support.

GypsyKaren
09-22-2008, 10:51 PM
"Sweet and innocent as a baby lamb" here...

Here's the deal: You can't take hormones and direct what you want, it doesn't work that way. While a low dose may give you breast growth over time, it takes a much higher dose in order to change the rest of your body, such as getting hips and a female waist. I'm not a fertility expert and really never looked into that because I had a vasectomy years ago, but I can tell you that an amount you take to get any physical changes will kill your sex life.

Karen Starlene :star:

mollytyler
09-23-2008, 09:30 AM
Hello Dear
Do not "PLAY" with hormones. Their usage should only be with proper physician workup, including blood work ups and constant followups to monitor. Echoing the other girls here, there is no "dictating" what reactions will be had. There should never be experimenting. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE go have a checkup and blood panels done with a physician who specializes in hormone therapy before taking anything...... a proper program will have effects.... I have been on since early age with maintainance doages at this time (also orchiectomy early on).....always think of the health issue vs. fanatsy...with that said.....I hope you reach your dreams!!!!

Anastacia_Sandria
09-23-2008, 05:00 PM
Much thanks for the replies. I'll admit I had a hunch that what I was aiming for wasn't possible, but I had to ask.

For the record though, I wouldn't take any steps in this direction without consulting a physician (or 2, second opinion never hurts). Though I do appruciate the concern.

Thanks again for all your answers.

Wendi {LI NY}
09-23-2008, 06:45 PM
Anastacia,
I am married also and been on hormones for 5 yrs .The other girls are telling the truth. you will not have sex the old fashion way and most GGs like it that way .You can vent new ways ,but your wife or girlfriend may not go for it . You are chemically castrating your self. Sorry for being that bunt ,but that is the facts . Hon......................Hugs,Wendi

rebekahm
09-23-2008, 08:26 PM
Hello Anastacia,

A few things here to mention - the other girls are correct in their responses - it is essentially an "all or nothing" proposition. Hormones are a huge step and while the effects are "reversible" up to a few months of taking them (mileage will vary depending on age, physiology, etc.) it is something not to be taken lightly. The best answer is find a good gender therapist in your area (if not already seeing one) and work through what you really want and keep your spouse "in the loop" or even have her go with you to therapy. You can figure out "how far" you want to go with this whole thing since it is a HUGE decision. If you decide to move forward, your therapist is the one who will write a letter of recommendation to the endocrinologist so that is most likely your first stop. They should be able to help you figure out which direction you want to go. As for fertility issues - you would want to check out having some sperm stored by a cryo firm such as www.xytex.com or some other ones. Usually costs $800 or so for your first storage then a few hundred for two more samples (usual keep three samples - just in case) and a couple of hundred dollars per year for on-going storage.

One last thought - If you are just looking for a better figure, padded garments might be a less expensive and not as permanent. Someplace like Classic Curves might help in that category.

Keep asking questions if you have them, no reason anyone should get nasty with you. This should be a safe place with no questions out of bounds. I am sure everyone here is at different stages in their life with different views and we all got here different ways and respect of all should be paramount. No bad questions.

Jennifer in CO
09-23-2008, 11:36 PM
Anastacia,
If you must play, go the extra mileage and get the patch. Much safer (if there is a safer to hormones) and less negative reactions to the body (your liver will thank you).

Jenn

Kaitlyn Michele
09-26-2008, 10:50 PM
ana---- i think its totally a fair question...

i think you owe it to yourself to discover "who you are"...taking hormones could have many positive effects for you if you truly feel that you are a woman in your mind...if u don't feel that way then you may actually find that the hormones make you feel bad!!! or.....you may also find that taking hormones will make you feel differently about your own sense of gender

the physical effects are slow, if you are young, it could be much faster so you might see results quicker than us older girls..it will impact your sex drive and your ability to have kids...i dont know at what point it becomes permanent though.

anyway...if you do something...please see a doctor and get your bloodtest first...make sure you understand the risks....there are real risks and many people feel that the risks are strong enough that you shouldnt take hormones until you feel you absolutely have too!!!! Do you feel this way about it??? also find a doctor who treats other tgirls and see if you can meet some of them...you will find that there are many types of girls out there and i really have learned so much from other girls experience..

good luck

Avito
09-28-2008, 04:08 PM
I agree with the others in principle! You want to sit on the fence and let others decide for you. I made the decision to go M to F on my own. It will be interesting to hear what the psychiatrist says in a couple of weeks time.