PDA

View Full Version : What other fem names did you consider before deciding on the one you did?

Jess_cd32
09-23-2008, 02:59 PM
I considered: Jennifer, Kristen, Valerie, Xtacy (lol), Stacy and Jaqueline, finally fell in love w/ the name Jessica, Jess for short.
Curious what names you considered.........

Niya W
09-23-2008, 03:03 PM
Well I was originally Jasmine. But the trans naming committee rejected that name. I tried Josephine but they to rejected that name. Both were rejected on the basis that neither name suited me.

Few other names divine brown .

Chocolate wounder :)
Alpha Omega.

Nicole Erin
09-23-2008, 03:05 PM
Michelle. Trudy
Neither suited me.

Vicki65
09-23-2008, 03:08 PM
I like Sasha, Sharon, Xanthe. Dont know why really, just sound very sexy - so they certainly wouldn't suit a big lump like me! :D

Charlene Ogden
09-23-2008, 03:09 PM
I first named myself Tammy in honor of both my seventh grade band teacher whose hosed legs drove me crazy and a college girl I liked. Then, after spending some time in chat groups I realized that half the known crossdressing world goes my Tammy. Isn't that weird?? How did I pick up on that name all by myself??
Anyway, it got too confusing online. You couldn't tell one Tammy from the next. So, I finally picked a name that was very close to my boy name :-) Charlene

Karren H
09-23-2008, 03:22 PM
There weren't any.. Karren's been the name that was screaming in the back of my head for the last 5 decades... But I did create a couple alter egos... Kandice Fabrique and Kerrie Wilde.. Both of which I've killed off because maintaining 2 distinct identities (Karren and anti-Karren) was enough work!! Lol

Emily Faye
09-23-2008, 03:26 PM
Some of the other names I considered were Demetria (Tria for short), Naomi, Tanya and Tosha. I finally fell for and settled on Emily.

Roberta Llyan
09-23-2008, 03:33 PM
Heather has always been one of my favorite female names. As well as: Valeria, Victoria, Patricia, and Constance. There are others but I can't remember them right at this moment.

Deborah Jane
09-23-2008, 03:44 PM
Some of the other names i considered before settling on Debs were...
Trace, Shaz, Chantelle [i still like that one :daydreaming:] Chardonnay and Suzee
It must be something to do with how i pictured my femme self originally :heehee:

BTW, Deborah is the posh pronounciation of Debs :D

Janetmichelle
09-23-2008, 03:45 PM
Well I never really though about it to much. My name is my name... mostly. Jan Michael turned into Janet Michelle. Didn't think it really needed to change to much.

Cheers,
Jan

<3Katie<3
09-23-2008, 04:23 PM
I thought about melanie (still one of my favs), jessica, emily, julia, kate, but i totally fell in love with katie once all was said and done.

janedresser
09-23-2008, 04:33 PM
There was a girl named Jane in the 5th grade...

Susan Loves Life
09-23-2008, 04:36 PM
From as far back as I can remember, I have always known that my name should have been Susan - so that's my name and it will always be so. :)

Always Susan
09-23-2008, 04:41 PM
I did'nt name myself the girl next door did when she would dress me up in her old dresses and petticoats. I was her little sister Susan. so you see since that time I've always though of my inner girl as Susan.:daydreaming:

Me too,Susan

Roberta Llyan
09-23-2008, 05:07 PM
Well, I considered Gertrude, Prudence, Bertha, Fern, Amaryllis, Petunia, and Daisy Bell.

Seriously, I narrowed it down to Cynthia & Danielle, couldn't make up my mind so someone else dubbed me Deedee 13 years ago and now I'm very fond of it... doubt if I'll ever change it. dd

How very ironic. Cynthia Danielle is the name of my oldest daughter born in 1969 in Norman, OK.

Crissy Kay
09-23-2008, 05:53 PM
Very good question. I thought about Candy or Suzann. Maybe I should have a poll, and see what everyone thinks!!!!

Kimberly Marie Kelly
09-23-2008, 06:07 PM
Vicki, Kimberly, Tammy or Jessica were the name's I liked. I eliminated them one by one which left Kimberly. She was a woman I knew many years ago when I was in my early 20's, I would have married her if my best friend didn't marry her first. I respected her and loved her, for her. And I am very proud to carry her name. :battingeyelashes:

Hippoeater
09-23-2008, 06:08 PM
Hmm, I only considered one name before I decided on Tiffany...and that was Amber.

I think Tiffany is a much cuter name that suits me more!

Charona
09-23-2008, 07:09 PM
I wanted Cassandra, but it was taken. There was a Greek story of a woman known as Cassandra. Her loveliness caused Apollo to fall in love with her, and he granted her the gift of prophecy. But she didn't return his love, and in anger he cursed her so that, although her prophecies were true, no one would believe her. In one of my former jobs someone told me I had the unfortunate habit of saying things that turned out to be right, about three years later. Seemed like a natural fit.

MJ
09-23-2008, 07:29 PM
not too many Lacey was another choice but i like being called mj so i went with Marissa Jennifer and my friends call me mj:D

sandyb40c
09-23-2008, 07:51 PM
I didn't have any others. It was always Sandra and sometime Sandy. I call myself Sandra B, after Sandra Bullock, whom I find so adorable.

Alice Torn
09-23-2008, 08:04 PM
both male name, and cd lady name. My first lady name was Geraldine, later Alice, then Lucille, after Lucille Ball, who also was tall, with great long legs. Thinking of a new name soon, like Marcia, or Alice, or Tricia, or Donna, or Sheila. Maybe.

Lori31
09-23-2008, 08:13 PM
my femme name was given to me at birth only it is spelt in the male form "lauri". It is of finnish descent. So I never considered anything else.

whitelace
09-23-2008, 08:29 PM
My name started with Sylvia a character.. lets call her a kindred sister who wore what I used to always wear ....'A black cat suit' she was portrayed in the "funnies" and to me it seem befitting and I liked the parallel comparison my last name came a short while later for my love for white laced lingerie but for short my friends all call me ' lacie'

Sylvia Whitelace
hugs....lacie

Genifer Teal
09-23-2008, 08:32 PM
I chose something similar to my boy name. I wondered how I would learn to respond to a new name. I felt something similar sounding would make it easier. It must be my practical side showing through.

Gen (short for Genifer) is very similar to my boy name. I had no trouble getting used to it. The spelling is a combination of intentional change on my part (the G) and mistake (1 N vs 2) also on my part. In the end, it all works perfectlky to my liking.

Gen

Jenniferpl
09-23-2008, 08:51 PM
Jennifer then and Jennifer now.

MelindaHow
09-23-2008, 09:20 PM
I looked around on some baby name web sites for a while. Thought about using Jamie then decided to add my sisters middle name and came up with Jaylynn.

glynnis
09-23-2008, 09:40 PM
Chose my name simpy because its the female of my male name.As soon as I am dressed my wife always cales me Glynnis and regards me as her lesbian lover.

Marjory
09-23-2008, 09:47 PM
Marjorie was supposed to be my name if I was a girl, always kind of liked it just changed the spelling to Marjory.

JacquiUKTV
09-23-2008, 10:43 PM
Many years ago my mum told me that if I'd been born a girl my name would have been Elizabeth Charlotte after my grandmothers. I never cared much for Charlotte so for a while I called myself Liz. Later on, I decided on Kim which can be either a male or female name, guess why??? LOL!

Later on than that, I fell in love with French names and I became Louise, thought of Suzette/Suzanne, Michelle etc. but at that point since I wasn't engaged in social relationships, still in the closet at home it didn't matter much.

It came about quite by accident really; I'd been up late one night discussing my TV thing with my wife and she asked "Is there a name you'd prefer as a girl?".

The question took me by surprise and I blurted out "erm...Jackie?" I'd known 3 girls/women in my life with that name and in their different ways they'd all made a lasting impression on me so perhaps it wasn't surprising that I would snatch at the name when put on the spot?

As it happens I've come to prefer the full name Jacqueline, and the French spelling of Jacqui. Don't know why but it just seems to suit the way I feel and the way I look.

joann426
09-23-2008, 10:47 PM
i got my name from my aunt and her name was anna so i took my first name joe and there you are it came out to be joann

Sarah Doepner
09-23-2008, 11:08 PM
Ralph, Ed, James, Marvin, Dave, and Sarah were on the block. Sarah was the best choice by far.

JackieInPA
09-24-2008, 12:46 AM
I started out and Andrea (a name i really love) but changed it when my mother told me , when talking about baby names for my neice, that had I been born a girl i would have been Jackie, so i took that since my wife dosent really like Andrea. Katherine is another name i am really fond of.

CD Susan
09-24-2008, 02:00 AM
There were no other considerations for a name for myself other than the one I have chosen when I joined this site six months ago. I have been calling myself Susan for over 40 years and that is not going to change. I have been a cd for such a long time and the name that I gave myself so many years ago will never change. I am comfortable with this and see no reason to change.

Alexandria9919
09-24-2008, 03:09 AM
Well I have always called myself Alexandria. But my wife calls me Kevena when en femme. So I guess I got two names:battingeyelashes:. which if u look at the name my wife calls me u can figure out what my birth name is

Desiree2bababe
09-24-2008, 08:59 AM
Loni, in favor of Loni Anderson......

RhondaJean
09-24-2008, 11:05 AM
Rhonda was the name I would have been named if I had been born as a girl,, so I chose it and the Jean is for my middle initial 'J'. Plus, I wanted a name that wasn't a 'trendy' name at the time that I was deciding on a femme name.

MarcellaMcNul
09-24-2008, 11:11 AM
I tried Joanne for a while from a CD'r I read about many years ago in the 'Ann Landers' advice column.

Then Cassandra. Also Jane, as a spin on my given name,Jay.

Was using Marcella who was a high school should-have-been sweetheart and when I had to register a Fem name to join this forum it locked me into this name and that's fine by me.

2b.Lauren
09-24-2008, 12:32 PM
It was not really a difficult choice. I had never really even consider a name early in my life. Just wanted to dress and loved the way I felt. So then just about 2 years ago, when I began to pick up my dressing again, I just thought I need a name. I thought about my teenage sweety, and her perfume. How turned it got me, and how sexy she smelled, how much I miss her. The name was an easy leap for me. Lauren it was without hesitation.

marieanne
09-25-2008, 11:53 AM
just settled on marieanne so the list is pretty short.

jolie: first crush in jr high

Karen: my wife ( who I truely love and adore) by the way

marieanne: because to me she was the prettiest of the two on gilligan's island

Jennifer Marie P.
09-25-2008, 12:13 PM
The names I consider before Jennifer were Jessica, Nancy, Tammy and Lisa but Jennifer won

Susan Watersfield
09-25-2008, 02:44 PM
For a while when I first joined the on-line tg community, I had an alternative identity whose name was Nikki (short for Nichola).

Eventually I dropped this as I became more comfortable with my present identity. However, I now consider Nikki or Nichola to be my middle name.

But Susan is a femme name I've liked for a long time and will contimue to use it.

Luv

Susan

tealannette
09-25-2008, 03:08 PM
I have always liked this name. It's the only one I have ever had. And Teal is my favorite color.

Joan Merrie
09-25-2008, 03:37 PM
As long as I can rember I've thought Joan was a good name. When I was little me and my couson, a girl by the way, would play. If it was her turn to pick what we were doing it would be dolls, so she sometimes call me Joan Marrie.

Michelle42
09-25-2008, 03:45 PM
I simply picked a name similar to my real name. I somehow felt that I should be honest with myself. I was tempted by the name "Andrea" though. :)

adelle
09-25-2008, 04:08 PM
in high school it was Pam for a day or 3 but stuck with Adelle if i had to change it would be Charlotte :daydreaming::hugs:

gracerebecka
09-25-2008, 08:43 PM
Soo cool to pick tour own name Rebecka because I like being called becka.

Kate Lynn
09-25-2008, 08:48 PM
I gave Frau Linkmeier serious thought,considered Mara,Xev,Moyra,and Kate,but there were a lot of Kates in here,but no Kate Lynns,so I decided on Kate Lynn,Frau Linkmeier would have been more towards my personality.LOL

Annette49
09-25-2008, 09:09 PM
I have settled on Annette; did Cassie for a little bit and an ex-girl friend tagged me with Janet; but always like Annette?

Christie ann
09-26-2008, 08:31 AM
I had used Cathy for a long time.

KathrynTX
09-26-2008, 08:40 AM
Names I've considered: Gina (a type of off-brand cosmetics I used to use), Kay, Kathy, Tonya, Stephanie, and Carla (these are the ones I can recall). Then, I watched the first episode of "Star Trek: Voyager", and I have Capt. Kathryn Janeway to thank for my femme name. And a model on a pantyhose site to thank for the short version in my siggie. :D

pinkeverything
09-26-2008, 09:33 AM
I just realized this morning that I never signed my name at the end of my posts last night. I've only really considered Candy. I've thought of that name since I was young, but only very recently begun to dress en femme. So, Candy it is.:D

Susan Watersfield
09-26-2008, 10:01 AM
On a slightly different tack.......

Some while ago, just for a bit of a laugh I tried using a french version of my name.

It was Suzanne Champs de Mer :)

Not an accurate translation. Champs is ok for Field, but Mer means Sea. But I liked the sound of it.

As I said, it was only for a bit of a laugh, and when I realized I was getting hit on in chatrooms because guys thought I was French, I dropped it and reverted to my present name.

Luv

Susan

Annette_boy
09-26-2008, 11:15 AM
Hi Everyone
Had I been born a girl it would have been Donna Lynn I used it a while tried Linda and settled on a Childhood crush Annette the hottest Mousekateer ever Vasillisa for my middle name came from a favorite fairy tale I have used and like Mocha
Hugs Annette Vasillisa

Xochiquetzal
09-26-2008, 11:25 AM
I was thinking of Maria, Frida(to honor the mexican painter Frida Khalo), Diana because that was the name of a girl I once had something going on with her and the name sounded I don't know musical and femenine.

Jennifer Devine
09-26-2008, 11:26 AM
Hannah, Kate, Jessica and Suzi

lisa_vin
09-26-2008, 11:37 AM
There is a story that goes with my selection. I've always loved all the fem names that ended in "a"! I'd thought a lot about Melissa, Jessica, Regina, Tina, Linda and Tricia but ultimately decided on the name that made the most perfect sense......the name I loved the most, the name of my one true love, my true soulmate, Lisa!:daydreaming: You see, she is not my wife whose name is Cindy! She is my wife's SISTER whom I fell totally and hopelessly in love with from the very first moment I saw and met her and, try as hard as I might, I never could shake her from my heart.:eek: Unfortunately, she was already engaged to her husband to be at the time whom she married and is still married to some 30+ years later, just as uncertainly and troubled as my own marriage to her sister, Cindy, is! You don't always get to marry your soulmate or get the happy ending. Since I couldn't have her I borrowed her name instead. Neither one of them know of my fem name or my true feelings and it's for the best that they don't!:sad: I was led to the right family but the wrong sister just a little bit too late! I was thaaaaaaaat close!

Love & hugs,
Lisa

(BTW....my daughter's name is Christina.....another name ending in "a"!)

RitaCD
09-26-2008, 02:19 PM
I called myself Rachel for several years after Rachel Green on "Friends".

My ex called me Violet. Don't know where she got that name. I met a girl named Violet later and she was verrrry cute. But Violet just didn't seem to fit.

I chose Rita when I joined the forum after a girl I worked with for a few years. I really enjoyed being in her presence. She was so much fun to talk to. Now I am in a different location and miss her every day. Calling myself Rita reminds me of her and our conversations.

I have always liked Mary Lynn and may change someday.:daydreaming:

Laura_Stephens
09-26-2008, 02:32 PM
I've thought of myself as Laura since I was old to think.

Raven Wynter Rayne
09-27-2008, 09:27 AM
I really ony used one other name, and that was just picked out of thin air... well I needed a name to order catalogs under and for some reason linda came to mind and We had a neibor with the last name hamel so Linda Hamel was My 'first' name and as I started going on line I thought I would like something better and more unique, and I had seen the name Rayne and loved it so I tryed Rayne Storm, but, did not care for it. With My love of crows and ravens (My wife and I have a crow We rescued NOT A PET She just lives with us and the dogs and cat and YES they all get along, first rule in our house!!!) I thought Raven would be good and I love winter and rain so I came up with Raven Wynter Rayne and loved it and I think I will keep it,so far no input from My wife about it!!

Sissy April
09-27-2008, 08:59 PM
Thought about Karen, Brandi and Kimberly. Picked April because it was they name of a girl whom, I once had a crush on...

suchacutie
09-27-2008, 09:20 PM
Within a few days of discovering that my feminine side was a significant thing, my wife suggested that she needed a name. I sent her a list of names I thought might fit and she immediately came back with

Tina

so Tina it was and Tina it will always be :)

tina

Virginnia
09-27-2008, 09:23 PM
I did try Deniese for obvious reasons Although once I thought about it Virginnia just felt so right for me:love:

uknowhoo
09-27-2008, 09:28 PM
I've always loved the name Cami (though not Camille so much). Tammi's more a variation of my given (male) name.

Roxi Loh
09-27-2008, 09:48 PM
I was Tina for a while and also considered Rachel and Tanya.

Misfire
09-27-2008, 10:20 PM
That's a difficult questin to answer being as I haven't picked one yet and don't even know if I ever will.

TxKimberly
09-28-2008, 07:15 AM
Cinderella, Aurora, Ariel, and Belle! :-)
(Can't tell I have a five year old daughter can you?)

Dawna Ellen Bays
09-28-2008, 07:52 AM
I considered Donna, Lana, Jessica, Michelle, Donna-Michelle, and Doreen before settling on Dawna, which I thought sounded "unique." I haven't been too happy with my choice of name lately, and I think I might adopt Doreen again soon...

Jennifer Cox
09-28-2008, 03:57 PM
Years ago I was Alison Elaine but dropped the femme name after a couple of years. Others I more recently considered were Karen, Kate & Susan. I now use Jennifer Caitlin (meaning Karen/Kate/Katherine/Kay etc). I wanted a name that could be abbreviated which is why I eventually chose Jennifer. Caitlin lets me derive various other names to suit the occassion.

I'm still not completely sure of my femme name, and often think about changing it to Karen. It's tempting to pick names that use my real initials, in which case I might go for Karen Melissa/Michaela/Michelle.

Jenny.

briannad
09-28-2008, 03:59 PM
hmm..started out with Brenda, Brianna, Vynessa, Brianna again, Deanna, Veronica, Alexis and Alyssa. I think I will stay with Alyssa Marie

Juanita O
09-28-2008, 07:08 PM
the name i was going to us was roxanne(roxy for short), that was the name of my x girl friend. I thought Fay, sophia, rosa,or anita.

Angie G
09-28-2008, 08:01 PM
None it was Angie from the start.:hugs:
Angie

Sara Jessica
09-28-2008, 08:13 PM
I never really considered any other names. Sara is simply what came out of my mouth when I attended my first support group meeting back in the mid-90's. As for my middle name, I only recently adopted it and though it might seem that way, it's not intended to be a take-off on Sarah Jessica Parker. It just seems to flow.

And there's not a lot of talk about adopted last names here. I originally picked "Palmer" which was after Laura Palmer of Twin Peaks. However, I decided I'd not have the last name of the girl whose death became the basis for the entire first season so I switched that up to "Hayward" after Donna Hayward, the Twin Peaks character played by Lara Flynn Boyle.

nina1947
09-28-2008, 08:21 PM
Other than Tod, my name always was Nina.

GabrielleS
09-28-2008, 08:27 PM
Well -- lets see -- um, can't remember all that I thought of, but finally ended up with Debbie. Then I got outed and my name changed.

I asked my mom what see would have named me if I was a GG -- and told me, so with her blessing, that became my name -- Gabrielle (Gabby for short, and that works 'cause I can't stop talking ;-) )

EveMarie
09-28-2008, 08:27 PM
I always loved the name Michelle, but after years of using it then 4 wives, one of which has a daughter named Michele, and 2 cousins named Michelle, and Michele. My butch name being Marc (Mark at birth), I tried Marci, or Mary, and even Marni, but my new GG friend and I were kicking around a few names when we came across Eva, then Evie, then I mentioned Maria, and we settled on "EveMarie" and I use "Evie" for the short version.:battingeyelashes:

xxx, Evie

Teri Jean
09-30-2008, 09:47 PM
I did as Lori31 and took my own given name but in the Hawaian spelling. I feel it represents me as I am. Interestingly and male coworker gave me a key fob with both names engraved on it. Okay girls time to google, it's Terry.
:hugs:Keli-H

jbirds
09-30-2008, 10:00 PM
i tried stacy, donna, jenny, for awhile but none of them suited me as well as jessy does

Jessicaparkson
09-30-2008, 10:03 PM
Jennifer, Arnaude, Cossette (I like french names)