PDA

View Full Version : I blame Madonna for my CD'ing

Nicole Erin
09-23-2008, 06:58 PM
One of my guilty pleasures of music is I like Madonna.
I was listening to one of her CDs in the car and I realised her songs are like way feminine. I grew up with Madonna. All her songs like Material girl, Who's that girl, borderline, live to tell... so many good ones

So now I know why I turned out to be a CD - Madonna music growing up...
It is all her fault!

And they say no one knows why we do this or how we turned out this way.

kayrb
09-23-2008, 07:16 PM
Personally, it all started with Betty...Betty Page, Marilyn Monroe, Greta Garbor, Patty Page, Annette Funecello, Sofia Loren, etc.......... come to think of it, I've yet to meet a woman I have not loved...so there it is! Their all to blame!! :eek:

DemonicDaughter
09-23-2008, 07:22 PM
Now I know who to send the flowers to! :love:

Karren H
09-23-2008, 07:23 PM
Fore me it was...
Areosmith... "Dude looks like a lady"........
Kinks - "Lola"....
Lou Reed - "Take A Walk On The Wild Side"

"Holly came from Miami, F.L.A.
Hitch-hiked her way across the USA
Plucked her eyebrows on the way
Shaved her legs and then he was a she
She says, Hey babe
Take a walk on the wild side"

Do do da do da do..... :)

MJ
09-23-2008, 07:24 PM
when i was young I blame bugs bunny. it was his fault

Kate Simmons
09-23-2008, 07:37 PM
Well I like Madonna for sure and Material Girl is one of my favorite songs to dance to. However, Nancy Sinatra did it for me. I used to lip sync all of her songs and make tapes way back when I had my first Beta camcorder.:battingeyelashes::)

Angie G
09-23-2008, 08:20 PM
Well as long as we are blaming someone I blame all GG's they are why I here and I want to say thanks ladies :hugs:
Angie

Toni_Lynn
09-23-2008, 08:32 PM
Ah, yes, Maddy was most definitely an influence on me back in 1985. I had the movie poster from Desperately Seeking Susan framed above my computer (yes I was a girl-computer-geek back then) and bought the jacket she wore in the movie (it was a premium to promote the film). Still have the jacket too!

As, just influential, style-wise, we have -- from the other end of the spectrum -- contemporary Christian singer Amy Grant. I thought her clothes were super cool, and I had an autographed picture of her next to the Madonna poster.

But -- back to Madge. At a Halloween party for the young adults at my church at the time (St Cyril's in Houston TX), I went as Madonna in the aforementioned Desperately Seeking Susan, wearing the famed jacket, a denim mini, fishnets, and all the bangles. Danced all night, and spent the last several hours dancing with a girl wearing a guy's suit and tie! Exchanged phone numbers, but I was too chicken to ever cal her. All's well, that ends well, though, cause it was not to be -- my true soulmate would come along 20 years later!

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

Sara Jessica
09-23-2008, 08:38 PM
I'm not a huge Madonna fan but you gotta love "What It Feels Like For A Girl" from her album, Music.

Amy Lynn3
09-23-2008, 09:30 PM
Hey Arianna, Nancy Sinatra made the song These Boots Are Made For Walking popular, maybe her most popular. I met her, along with John Wayne, Aldo Wray and David Jansen in person. I was at Fort Benning Georgia in 1966 and 1967 and they all were there filming the movie The Green Beret. Fort Benning had a Viet Nam village set up there for training and they used portions of it in the movie and other parts were filmed at Fort Gordon, Georgia.

I'm sorry this is the only comment I can think of that might fit in this thread, because I don't think I can blame my cding on a song, as I like Bluegrass music.

Rachel Morley
09-23-2008, 09:47 PM
I was listening to one of her CDs in the car and I realised her songs are like way feminine ........ songs like Material girl, Who's that girl, borderline, live to tell... so many good ones. It is all her fault!

Absolutely! .... and the one IMHO that really hits the mark, "Do you know what it feels like for a girl?"

As you probably already know at the start she speaks in her English accent and says: "Girls can wear jeans, cut their hair short, wear shirts and boots, because it's OK to be a boy, but for a boy to look like a girl is degrading, because you think that being a girl is degrading. But secretly you'd love to know what it's like, wouldn't you? What it feels like for a girl?"

You bet your bottom dollar I'd love to know what if feels like for a girl! :) I love this song! Especially the Paul Oakenfold dance remix. You don't know that version I hear you say? Click HERE (http://www.musicjesus.com/song_38245_Madonna-What_It_Feels_Like_For_a_Girl.html) to watch the banned video!

Jess_cd32
09-24-2008, 03:59 AM
Fore me it was...
Areosmith... "Dude looks like a lady"........
Kinks - "Lola"....
Lou Reed - "Take A Walk On The Wild Side"

"Holly came from Miami, F.L.A.
Hitch-hiked her way across the USA
Plucked her eyebrows on the way
Shaved her legs and then he was a she
She says, Hey babe
Take a walk on the wild side"

Do do da do da do..... :)

I always get a little smile on my face and chuckle when I hear those,lol

Desiree2bababe
09-24-2008, 08:46 AM
For me it was Farrah Fawcett, I loved her hair!

suzy
09-24-2008, 08:58 AM
Well, I blame John Edgar Hoover! It's all his fault. You know, as the top Law Enforcement official, AKA closet Crossdresser, he made it all real.....like if he can then why can't I?...... Although..I haven't seen any photos of him in a dress!:heehee:

Maureen
09-24-2008, 06:07 PM
I've probably beat this horse to death here, but for me it was Marlo Thomas in her "That Girl" days. As a young boy I always hoped I'd grow up to have a cute little apartment in N.Y. and wear my hair just like her. I was obsessed with her. Even now when I see clips of that show it makes me yearn to dress up.

Deborah Jane
09-24-2008, 06:24 PM
I have no one to blame but myself :battingeyelashes:
If i didn,t enjoy it, i wouldn,t do it :D

Kate Lynn
09-24-2008, 06:34 PM
I blame my parents and that cute lace baptismal gown they made me wear,at that moment my life would be forever changed.

Lori31
09-24-2008, 06:44 PM
It didn't start it for me but I love listening to Shania Twain. Like Madonna here songs are very "girly".

StephanieT
09-24-2008, 07:21 PM
It didn't start it for me but I love listening to Shania Twain.

So her song "I feel like a woman" inspired you.

Nicole Erin
09-24-2008, 09:13 PM
If I keep listening to Madonna, I might be inspired to learn some Spanish too.
Quien es esa nina? who's that girl?
Seniorita mas fina...

I know that song was written for me, she knew some day I was going to be this pretty CD. :D

Niya W
09-24-2008, 09:18 PM
Can I blame Prince. He made it cool for men to wear girls clothes, and pick up on chicks. I blame Micheal Jackson for turning me into women

Christine XX
09-24-2008, 09:34 PM
Well, I always feel Madonna is singing to me when she sings "Mmmm, mmmm, my baby's got a secret!", but I can't blame her for the CD'ing :)

-Chrisitine