PDA

View Full Version : Halloweeen!

Marybeth_1966
09-23-2008, 10:07 PM
God this is our time of year--at least mine! My wife and I hosted a holloween party last year. Although she didnt support or approve, I gathered enough courage to do the Piriate girl thing--suade knee high boots, black pleated skirt, fishnet hose, striped top, big hoop earings, silk scarf and a cute hat. I thought that it what I was wearing would be considered playful until I walked in from the grill and found out my wife told the oher wives that I bought 2 outfits that week! She played it off like I was a profectionest. As soon as I entered the room they wanted me to discribe the other outfits. I resisted and said that I had halloween outfits for 2 more years. Teri, my wife's best freiend, said that since I had already considering keeping them, that said that I liked them more than my current outfit. I was embarrased. My wife went on to dirscribe the business suit I bought--glen plaid suit with pants and a skirt in a soft pattern and the formal dress wth the hammered silk jacket in lilac to the other woman--they all expressed their approval. The woman turned into a mob--demanding that I change into one of the other outfits or they would parade them arround the house--all of the men were down playing darts. I agreed to change into the busienss suit, changing my blouse, hose and heels to complement the suit. I had been with the women so long and they convinced me that it would be just for them that it acutally felt natural. Coming down the stairs to greet them in my second outfit created so much excitement that the men came up from the basement. Here I was in my second outfit of the night and hair and makeup to match--yea everyone noticed. From that point on I iknew that it didnt make any difference to wear pants versus a skirt--I had crossed the line so far that everyone knew that this was not my first time. This year I'm going as a bride--not one of my second choice outfits from last year--might as well jump over the line than step over it!

kimmy p
09-23-2008, 10:12 PM
God this is our time of year--at least mine! My wife and I hosted a holloween party two years ago. I gathered enought courage to do the Piriate girl thing--swade knee high boots, blak pleated skirt, stripted top, big hoop hearings and a cute hat. I thought that it would be not noticed till I walked in from the grill and found out my wife told the fellow ladies that I bought 3 outfits that week! She played it off like I was a profectionist. As soon as I entered the room they wanted to know the other outfits. I resisted and said that I had halloween outfits for 2 more years till one said your already considering keeping them which says more that your current outfit. I was embarrased. My wife went on to dirscribe the business suit I bought and the formal dress wth the hammered silk jacket. I was then gooded into changing into the busienss suit.I had been with the woman so long that it felt natural. Coming down the stairs to greet them in my second outfit created so much excitemetn that the men came up from the basement. Here I was in my second outfit of the night and hair and makeup to match--yea the women noticed. From taht point on I iknew that it didnt make any differnecnct to wear pants versus a skirt--I had crossed the line so far that everyone knew that this was not my first time. This year I'm going as a bride--might as well jump over the line than step next to it!

Line? What line? You don't need no stinkin' line.
Good for you, wish I had the cajones to come out about wearing a skirt.

Sandra Dunn
09-23-2008, 10:26 PM
I'm doing a membership drive that night for the TG support group here. Sandra

Melinda G
09-24-2008, 12:16 AM
Geez, you fell for the "just for them" trick.:D

amandalizette
09-24-2008, 12:36 AM
the pirate costume sounded hot. I wish i had the courage to hit a club or two, this halloween

immike
09-28-2008, 11:11 PM
the pirate costume sounded hot. I wish i had the courage to hit a club or two, this halloween
I wish I could find someone to make me a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader uniform,does
anyone know of anyone that does that

KateSpade83
09-29-2008, 08:52 AM
I wish I could find someone to make me a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader uniform,does
anyone know of anyone that does that

Ebay has imitation ones.

Rachel_CDS
09-29-2008, 04:00 PM
You are so lucky in the USA being able to dress any way you like for Halloween:sad:.

In the UK it just isn't done to go dressed as a woman at Halloween!

You could just get away going as perhaps Morticia Adams or a witch though, but I think people would be suspicious of your motives.

However, in November I will be going to a party dressed as a schoolgirl though:).

I will have to be careful to make sure that I do not look too feminine though!