PDA

View Full Version : Putting forms in their (right) place

Morford
09-24-2008, 11:16 AM
I've got a pair of Gold Seal Classic forms from thebreastformstore.com, and I attach them using the two-sided tapes they came with. Like most CDs (I expect), when putting them on I put my bra on first, then try to get the forms to settle nicely into the cups. But I can't shake the feeling that I'm going about it backwards. Especially with a push-up or "uplift" bra, it makes more sense to me to put the forms in place and let them stick first, then put on the bra and let it work its magic.

Unfortunately, there are two problems with this. The obvious one is that, without wearing a bra, it's hard to keep the forms in one place long enough for the adhesive in the tapes to kick in. Secondly, I've never felt confident that I have my forms in the "right" place; either they're sitting too low, too far apart, too close together, wrong angle, what-have-you. Any tips?

Also, tangentially related, when I called TBFS.com to ask some questions before I ordered my forms, I was told not to use Hollister's because it would damage them, even though the Gold Seals have the double-strength backing. Have any of you had problems with it?

KandisTX
09-24-2008, 11:49 AM
If the manufacturer is telling you not to use Hollisters, then you should probably heed their advice and find a differant adhesive.

I don't personally use adhesive for my forms, I like them to move more 'naturally' in the bra with my movements so I really cannot offer you any advice on the original question. ;)

Kandis:love::rose2:

Sally2005
09-24-2008, 12:57 PM
I have the same type. Adhesives seem to work fine, but I only do it occasionally. What I did to position the forms was to find a natural looking position...with the outsides pretty much flush with the sides of my chest and where by pecs natually curve on the bottoms. Then try them attached a couple times to see how they look and once you have it figured out, use a permanent marker on the back of the forms to locate your nipple and the vertical of each form. The next time you glue them, push them in so the back is rounded out as you glue them from the middle to eliminate wrinkles underneath and use the marks to position them. You can go braless after that if you want.

Sarah...
09-24-2008, 01:04 PM
I've never felt confident that I have my forms in the "right" place; either they're sitting too low, too far apart, too close together, wrong angle, what-have-you. Any tips?

There probably isn't a "right place" as such. It's likely that some owners of the real thing would variously report that they felt their breasts were too low, too far apart, too close together (??) etc. Luckily just as many would probably report that they are happy with them just as they are thank you very much!

Anyway, what do I know - mine aren't real either!

In short if they feel right to you then they probably are. Just let the bra do the work it was designed to do, let confidence take care of everything else.

Sarah...

tamarav
09-24-2008, 02:18 PM
Many times the "right place" is determined by the top I will be wearing. If the top is too low I position my forms slightly lower to allow the top to lay right.

I always glue mine on with either Hollister or 3M 77. Go to my web site for a complete history of the discussions on this site about breast form glues, look in the articles section. The link is below in my signature.

Sometimes I will position my forms upside down to take full advantage of a tube top or a halter that really needs a "shelf" to sit on. Then there is a straight across section rather than the pointed tops of the triangular breast forms.

To find out where to place my forms, I put on the top and position the forms without glue until I find the best fit and overall look. Then I spray the glue and let it kick off while I continue to get ready. I do this everday because I work dressed everyday and don't want to have to worry about the breast forms peeking out of the top I am wearing, even when bending over.

I wore them upside down in this outfit yesterday, Tuesday, since the top dictated it.

That's my story..

Tami

stevie b
09-24-2008, 02:20 PM
Hi Morford, what size are your forms? I was told that tape should not be used on forms over size 4 or 5 but to use medical adhesive instead.
As for the position I read on another site posted from a TS that when your arm is stretched out to the side the top of the form should be level with the bottom of your extented arm. It seems to work for me.
xx

Roberta Llyan
09-24-2008, 04:44 PM
I simply follow my own breast nipples in where I place my forms. It would seem natural that would be the correct way. Or so it does to me. I hope I'm not mistaken...hehehe If so, someone please correct me also.

:hugs:

Deborah Jane
09-24-2008, 05:04 PM
I simply follow my own breast nipples in where I place my forms. It would seem natural that would be the correct way. Or so it does to me. I hope I'm not mistaken...hehehe If so, someone please correct me also.

:hugs:

Nope, i do the same thing and it feels right too :battingeyelashes:

Morford
09-24-2008, 05:36 PM
Hi Morford, what size are your forms? I was told that tape should not be used on forms over size 4 or 5 but to use medical adhesive instead.
As for the position I read on another site posted from a TS that when your arm is stretched out to the side the top of the form should be level with the bottom of your extented arm. It seems to work for me.
xx

They're size 4, and the tapes do a great job of keeping them from falling out of place, don't get me wrong. The reason I'm considering a spray adhesive like Hollister's is that, due to their shape, the tapes don't reach all the way to the edge of the form, so gravity tends to pull it away just a bit. In the interest of a more "natural" look, I'm wanting to have the edges stay flush against the skin.

Karren H
09-24-2008, 05:43 PM
I agree with Tami... The right place changes depending on what you wear.... That's why we have an advantage over GG's.... We can adjust them and they can't!! :)

unclejoann
09-27-2008, 08:23 PM
they look right to me when i line up the nipples so they are in the same place with forms and without. that is what i am used to looking at, so it is just right for me.

It might be fun to put them in unusual positions ... maybe on my back? I'd be more fun to dance with?

CD Susan
09-28-2008, 02:31 AM
I do not use any glue or tape to hold my forms in place. I suffered a severe allergic reaction from Hollisters glue and would not even consider using it again. I use Pals forms and they have a 'tackiness' to them that keeps them from moving around. I position them in the center of the cups of whatever bra I am wearing at the time. This is comfortable and appears natural for me.

WomanAtHeart4
10-05-2008, 02:58 PM
Ladies, thanks for the valuable information. Back to the question: has anyone had problems using spray adhesives (holister, 77, other) to the back of these double insulated "Super Seal Breastforms". I have a set of SSB's and am planning on using 77 this week. I was hoping the SSB double back was condusive to spray adhesives. I had a older pair (smaller) of breastforms that I had used both glue stips and spray adhesives and over time there was desintigration of the backing. I will admit I had not used the highly recommended Goo Gone, which I will use on my SSB's. Has anyone seen a disentigration of their SSB's using spray adhesives? THank you.
Love, Stepanie.
PS: I love my SSB's and dont want to lesson their utility. They are probably as close to a real breast as you can get. Thats my opinion. Thanks.