PDA

View Full Version : Still struggling with being called girl...

Alice Torn
09-25-2008, 11:43 AM
I've been on here for a few years, off and on, and to be very honest, I still feel a bit uncomfortable being called she, her, girl, and other fem words. Does anyone else? I know that if I ever go out again, dressed up, it would be cool, to be called those words. In male attire, I sure would not like it! It may be just, that this is my secret side, and I just am not used to it much.

Cristi
09-25-2008, 11:57 AM
I don't think I'm 'into' the femme persona as much as some people here are. I am still ME when dressed, just wearing something different!

I basically have the female name on here more because it is how things work here than the fact that I 'see myself' as Cristi when dressed.

So I don't know what pronoun to use. In my head, I am ALWAYS 'he', but it IS nice to have people user "she, her or ma'm" when I'm out.

Eileen
09-25-2008, 12:15 PM
Being called ma'am is what I here all the time at work and for me it is wonderful. For me there is no doubt in my mind that I am more feminine than male. Living as a woman has given me moos happiness I have had in a long long time. The thought of ever being male again? For me there is no such thought! You can call me most anything, but not Bill, John or any name that is masculine.

Eileen

Nicole Erin
09-25-2008, 01:28 PM
I have no problem with femme pronouns even if I am in male mode.
I enjoy it.

Jenna Lynne
09-25-2008, 02:01 PM
I like using and hearing the pronouns and other terms appropriate to how I'm presenting myself.

Sometimes it's fun, though, to go the other direction. Take a look at a gorgeous model (apparently female) in a women's fashion magazine and say to yourself, "Now, he's a good-looking guy!" The brain sort of has to do these little flip-flops.

***Jenna Lynne***

Vicki65
09-25-2008, 02:03 PM
I dont feel uncomfortable with it, but I dont feel like a girl, have no wish to be one, and know under the clothes I'm male (and happy that way).

Doesn't bother me though.

Sarah...
09-25-2008, 02:22 PM
I've been on here for a few years, off and on, and to be very honest, I still feel a bit uncomfortable being called she, her, girl, and other fem words. Does anyone else? I know that if I ever go out again, dressed up, it would be cool, to be called those words. In male attire, I sure would not like it! It may be just, that this is my secret side, and I just am not used to it much.

I can understand that - though for me it's the other way around. I'm uncomfortable being referred to as "he". But for me it's not really a big thing. I don't seek to do anything about it. I just feel warm on the inside when people get it right!

You should ask my SO though. She has no problem using the feminine pronouns but worries that she'll use them in the wrong place at the wrong time. That's what's really uncomfortable for me. It's uncomfortable in that although I've done the honest thing and told her about my TG nature, and it's been the best thing I could have done, it's caused her to have to be careful how she refers to me in company. It's a pressure I've placed on her by being open and it doesn't seem fair, but I don't yet know how to help sort that out.

Good thread topic - it's made me think some more. Thanks.

Sarah...

Susan Watersfield
09-25-2008, 02:50 PM
I'm more than happy to be referred to by feminine titles whilst in the on-line tg community. When dressed I consider myself to be a woman, even if much of it is in my own mind.

I always refer to other girls in the community by feminine titles. However, I would hate this to cause offence to anyone.

Luv

Susan

Deborah Jane
09-25-2008, 02:55 PM
When i,m Debs i,m a girl and like being referred to as such :)
But when i,m him, i,m not a girl, so calling me "she" would feel wrong.

Roberta Llyan
09-25-2008, 02:58 PM

I'm just the opposite. Since I dress 24/7 enfemme, I hate it when people still say "sir" to me. I mean, come on, I may not be Julia Roberts but I definitely DO NOT look like a man anymore. Even today, at the post office, the man stumbled all over himself to keep from saying "sir" to me. I had on a short skirt, blouse, forms size 40-c and he still wanted to say "sir" simply because my voice is not as high as some women. What is it with men? Are they BLIND? or Just ignorant? Or both?!?

Sheri 4242
09-25-2008, 03:04 PM
I'm more than happy to be referred to by feminine titles whilst in the on-line tg community. When dressed I consider myself to be a woman, even if much of it is in my own mind.

I always refer to other girls in the community by feminine titles. However, I would hate this to cause offence to anyone.

Luv

Susan

Well said! This reflects what I like!!! When showing some of my wedding proofs to a GG at a MAC counter it was pleasing that she used the feminine! Sometimes my wife has no problem with this, sometimes she does, but that's ok. Like Susan indicated so sucinctly it is more of what is in your own mind!

MichelleA
09-25-2008, 03:13 PM
Struggling being called a girl ?

Not at all . I LOVE to be referred to as a girl . You call me girl and I will instantly like you.... :)...and you will have my attention. I need the " she, her,"....to remind me that inside of me.... there is a she !!

I only wish it would be acceptable for me to be referred to as she even when I am in drab.... that's how much I like it . !!

I am glad that this subject was brought up, I wanted to express my feelings. It is the most pleasant thing to receive an email from a sister and reading that she is referring to me in the femenine. I love it .

Michelle:)

DonnaT
09-25-2008, 03:18 PM
I didn't care for it when the coaches called us girls.

Now if someone were to do that, I'd smirk, if they only knew ;)

Denise01
09-25-2008, 03:25 PM
I much prefer to be called by the femme pronoun, and it upsets me when some one calls me Sir, especially when i am Fully Denise.

When i am on Vacation, I am Denise fully 24/7. a Couple of times when some one called me Sir, if i had thought quick enough i would have said to them:

Do I really look like a Man

Denise

Joanne f
09-25-2008, 04:10 PM
OK i don`t look like one and i don`t act like one but i do think like one 99% of the time so i love to be called a girl and the other 1% i am to miserable to care :devil:

joanne :fairy2:

Lisa Golightly
09-25-2008, 04:31 PM
Everyone tends to identify me as femme, but if you want to be a geezer I'm happy to call you mate... mate :)

pamela_a
09-25-2008, 04:53 PM
Nothing puts a damper on my day like being called "sir". My normal dress is neutral to fem and whenever I'm called miss, maam or referred to as female I'm one very happy girl.

-Paula-

Vicki65
09-25-2008, 06:12 PM
Everyone tends to identify me as femme, but if you want to be a geezer I'm happy to call you mate... mate :)

Well if the avatar is you, its not surprising!

I look a bit like you, but more like a 'Grant Michell' version of you!

Like I said, it doesn't bother me either way, but if someone who's SEEN me called me 'miss', or 'maam', I'd suggest a visit to Specsavers!:D

jennylogan
09-25-2008, 06:28 PM
For me the whole idea behind living a cd/tg lifestyle was to appear as female as I could possibly be. Being called maam or miss or lady or Jennifer was always a goal and it feels wonderful when it happens. Makes all the effort and sacrifices worth it.

marie354
09-25-2008, 06:44 PM
Before I went full-time, I was rarely, if ever, referred to as female, although it did happen occasionally.
Now, however, I tend to ignore it when I'm called "Sir" or "Mr."
Almost all the time now I'm referred to as female. I like that very much.
if someone asks, I proudly tell them I'm a transitioning transgendered woman.

Dragster
09-25-2008, 06:55 PM
I don't think I'm 'into' the femme persona as much as some people here are. I am still ME when dressed, just wearing something different!

I basically have the female name on here more because it is how things work here than the fact that I 'see myself' as Cristi when dressed.

So I don't know what pronoun to use. In my head, I am ALWAYS 'he', but it IS nice to have people user "she, her or ma'm" when I'm out.

I feel like you Cristi. If I was out, I'd hope I could pass well enough for people to refer to me as a she, but in my heart, I'll always be a HE. Since I'm not out yet, and even my wife doesn't want to know, let alone see me dressed, then no-one is going to refer to me as anything when I'm dressed.

Tony

trannie T
09-25-2008, 08:49 PM
Hey Girlfriend,

I love being femanine names while I'm out dressed, I do not pass but I still love being referred to as female. It is possible that I have been influenced by my work in prisons where an inmate who attempts to present himself as female is called by the female pronouns.

justmetoo
09-25-2008, 08:56 PM
I dont feel uncomfortable with it, but I dont feel like a girl, have no wish to be one, and know under the clothes I'm male (and happy that way).

Doesn't bother me though.

I think this is about where I'm at, too. I don't use a femme name or have a femme persona. I'm just a guy who likes some so-called girly things. :battingeyelashes:

Sara Jessica
09-25-2008, 09:00 PM
In girl mode, of course I want to be referred to as girl, or by the proper pronouns based on my presentation. That is only natural.

On occasion when shopping, I have the chance to interact with gg's who only know me as Sara and even then, I'd rather be referred to as she. It seems kind of odd to be referred to as "he" in those situations, even though it does happen sometimes.

Jess_cd32
09-26-2008, 02:33 AM
You know the saying hon, "if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, then it is, most likely a duck", well we all sure do look like ducks here honey,lol

On a one to one level I'd be glad to call you guy, or what ever you wanted, its called respecting your wishes.

Christie ann
09-26-2008, 08:18 AM
I am all into being called a girl with any of the appropriate pronouns...it just doesn't happen that much, so each time is a joy.

Tracii G
09-26-2008, 10:40 AM
I get called Miss all the time its OK with me I dress semi girly anyway so I can see how they would think that.
I was with a GG friend of mine at Wal-Mart in the jewlery section and the SA asked can I help you ladies?I looked up up and she said OH! I'm sorry sir.I told her no problem I'm just one of the girls.

linnea
09-26-2008, 10:47 AM
I like to have people refer to me with feminine words--nice ones!--when I am in female mode, and that's how I refer to myself at those times.

Angie G
09-26-2008, 10:55 AM
I kinda like being called a girl. And sometimes I wish I was a girl. :hugs:
Angie

emmicd
09-26-2008, 11:15 PM
In my crossdressing world I am a girl and in the real world I am a guy. I never mix the 2 worlds but I like my crossdressing world because that is truly how I feel! Like a girl! I like the real world too because I am a husband and dad!

emmi

Farrah
09-26-2008, 11:35 PM
I've never been out dressed, but on here, I love being referrd to in the femme persona. Kinda get that tingly feeling all over:daydreaming:

curse within
09-27-2008, 12:55 AM
I really can not say I like to be called a Fem name although it does sometimes seem to fit the mode. I agree and if dressed in male attire, for someone to call you a she can be taken as a compliment or an insult depends on who is making the jester I suppose and why.

It's for each their own and probable best to assume everyone would be ok to have been addressed as a female in an enviroment such as here.