PDA

View Full Version : It looks like my cross dressing days are comming to an end.

deakane
09-25-2008, 02:27 PM
Hello again all. I haven't been here in a while, hope all is going well with everyone. Anyway's here's my story.

I had been going to counceling for a while and after some testing was diagnosed with post traumatic stress and the goodies that go along with it like generalized angzity,depersion and insomina. I was completely honest with my counceler, I answered everything and told everything, well almost everything. One day I spilled the beans about my CD'ing and she was cool with it and we talked about it. A few months went by then we seemed to hit a wall. I was doing everything I was asked to do and even doing research and stuff on my own but still no progress. About a month or so ago somehow CD'ing came up again. This time I didn't just spill the beans, I dumped them all out and threw away the can. For me, CD'ing isn't about the clothes or doing the forbiden or anyother reason, its what feels right to me. Between the 3rd and 5th grade somewhere, I started looking at my body and how I felt. I guess the easiest way to describe what I saw and felt was something like getting dressed in the morning and putting everything on backwards, including your shoes. I did some research at that time and found out about sex changes but found that in that time, early 80's, it was only being done in Sweeden I believe and was about 40k to do and was still in its early stages and had like a 30 to 40 percent or less chance of comming out right. So I wrote that idea off, untill about a month ago. So my CD'ing looks like it is comming to an end because it looks like there is about an 80 percent or more chance that I will be having GRS or SRS surgury(which ever term you like).

So at this point there is only a few things stopping me, my kid and wanting another, close friends and how they will take it, and the area I live in. I know the area I live in should be a factor but its a small town and everyone know everyone and both me and my familly are both very well know in town seeing as we used to own a few business and have all been born and raised here for 5 or 6 genarations. The last factor is the cost. I can come up with almost a never ending list of reason to do it and if handed the pills to start the process, I wouldn't think twice about taking them.

So anyway thats my story, and yes Im sticking to it!
Sorry for the long post.
Deakane

Ze xx
09-25-2008, 03:37 PM
I wish you all the best with whatever path you chose to take :hugs:

Love Ze xx

DonnaT
09-25-2008, 04:13 PM
You won't be the first or last to discover the need to transition. Best of luck on however you proceed.

Folks in small towns have managed, some haven't. It's easier to manage when you plan well ahead. And you must not be ashamed or afraid to to stand up for who you are.

Kimberly9310
09-25-2008, 04:18 PM
Sounds like you're still confused. You should continue to see your therpast. Hope everything turns out well.

MJ
09-25-2008, 04:33 PM
don't rush in to this my friend take all the time you need keep talking. this is not an easy road to travel i wish you well .

Maria2222
09-25-2008, 05:45 PM
Hi deakane
I'm a little confused. There's a lot of territory between being a CD and going through SRS. I work in construction, but am deeply into being a CD and the two lifestyles are not exclusive. Maybe you and your counselor need to discuss this some more. You can be a CD and not be a TG or change your sex.

PamelaTX
09-25-2008, 05:54 PM
I wish you the very best, whatever you decide to do. It sounds like you've had a long tough road to travel.

jennylogan
09-25-2008, 06:46 PM
I've struggled with this very dilemma for years. both in therapy and out. In the end if I were to transition (still a distinct possibility) I would need to come to terms with the fact that I would destroy alot more lives than the one I would create. Therein lies the rub and unless/until I resolve that I remain male. I wish you the best as you continue your journey towards your truth, whatever you decide it will finally be.

Sara Jessica
09-25-2008, 09:05 PM
I've struggled with this very dilemma for years. both in therapy and out. In the end if I were to transition (still a distinct possibility) I would need to come to terms with the fact that I would destroy alot more lives than the one I would create. Therein lies the rub and unless/until I resolve that I remain male. I wish you the best as you continue your journey towards your truth, whatever you decide it will finally be.

Ditto, such good advice that I couldn't say any better. Be careful, make no rash decisions and do your homework. Once you let the genie out of the bottle, it could be difficult, if not impossible to put her back.

docrobbysherry
09-25-2008, 11:37 PM
Thank u for your post. It gives many of us ideas and thots to consider.

I wish u well!

DanaR
09-26-2008, 02:57 AM

I agree with Jenny, as well. Don't run if you are on the wrong road.

emmicd
09-26-2008, 03:24 AM
I believe you speak from your heart but you also must give a lot of thought and consideration to this. It is not an easy decision and I feel for you and your family.

I believe family comes first. I also had these feelings at one time or another. Ultimately I decided I can live as a male and still crossdress. I am delighted having a wife and son. They mean everything to me!

I certainly wish you well and would reccomend you continue seeking council and read up on the Harry Benjamin standards of care for transexualism.

You should also seek support groups.

Best wishes!

emmi
xoxo

deakane
09-26-2008, 10:45 AM
Thanks for all the replys and advice, it was all helpfull. Your right when you say there is still some confusion. Its like the movie liar liar when jim carry is trying to make himself write down the wrong color for the pen. One side is telling me to stay male but the side controling the pen is wanting the surgury. In the movie, the pen won but in my case the pen is still hovering over the paper, a hairs width away but still hovering. Iam going to stay in councling, but I might be changing counclers for the time being because the one that I have now asked me if I wanted to talk to someone that specilizes in this area. The one that Im being refered to teaches semanars an thats where my councler got her training. Why go to the student when you can go to the teacher? For years I have kept all my feelings burried so deep that I believed the would never see the light of day, not just the CD'ing parts but everything except anger. I had two moods, normal and pissed off. The owner of the company I worked for used to call me the man of stone because of it. Over the past few years I have changed that with the help of some big events in my life. Maybe thats whats allowing this to surface. So anyways, right now the side with the pen is winning, by overwelming force but the other side is still holding on. Nothing is set in stone and won't be untill Im sure that what Im doing IS what I want because once its done, I can't change my mind and go back.

Sorry for the long post again and thanks for the advice/support, its great.
Deakane

Angie G
09-26-2008, 11:12 AM
What ever you choose to do we are here to be a friend and support you Deakane. :hugs:
Angie

Xochiquetzal
09-26-2008, 11:28 AM
well, I'm in no position to advice anyone, but the least I can say though is just take it easy and think well before making the final decision.

MsJanessa
09-26-2008, 12:28 PM
Good luck on your adventure and stop by from time to time to let Us know how things are going. xoxo