PDA

View Full Version : Labeled a "Bitchey Girl"......

Karren H
09-26-2008, 11:04 AM
By one of my co-workers this morning....

It all started when we moved into the building.. All the galleys had microwave ovens and they were mounted way to high.. Short people couldn't use them at all.. It was a safety hazard!! So I emailed the VP of safety and sent him a guidline I found online. For the safe usage and placement of microwave ovens..

So this morning, on all 4 floors, all the microwaves that could be were moved down to the counters and those that couldn't were unplugged and labeled out of service.. Word spread pretty quick that I was responsible and I got a lot of ribbing so far but one good friend came up to me in the hallway, in a crowd and said "your just one of those bitchy girls aren't you?". And smiled!!

I curtsied and said in a fem voice.. "Why thanks Jim, flattery will get you nothing from me!!".

So who at work doesn't know?

Annaliese
09-26-2008, 11:23 AM
Karren you are my heroine.

Annaliese

Kate Simmons
09-26-2008, 11:25 AM
Good to know Karren. If I ever have a billing dispute with a creditor, you're with me toots.:heehee:

pamela_a
09-26-2008, 11:30 AM
Karren, at least he got it half right.

-Paula-

Michelle 51
09-26-2008, 11:37 AM
Maybe Jim hangs out on here and seen your famous smile and said '' hey i know that little bitch'' hugs
justabit

tamarav
09-26-2008, 11:52 AM
Just goes to show that we all should be listening to you, maybe they know more than any of us realized...

Karren H
09-26-2008, 12:16 PM
I need to update my business cards with "Bitchey Girl" under my name!! Lol.

The big thing is safety!! And there's some economics involved... Since our bonus's are tied to safety.. Any accidents result in the loss that quarter for everyone in our deparement.. Which comes right out of my fem budget!! No bonus no makeup!! :(

And another coworker just mentioned that I might be up for some kind of special award. $$$$ for the best safety tip..

See. Being a "Bitchey Girl" can be rewarding!! Hahaha.

Christie ann
09-26-2008, 12:28 PM
Karren,

Wear that label proudly!

pinkeverything
09-26-2008, 12:50 PM
Well, for what it's worth, I think you are a sexy bitch!:D

Monica_Cobblestone
09-26-2008, 12:58 PM
I personally don't see whats wrong with being a bitch...

Ze xx
09-26-2008, 01:00 PM
I'm confused. Why were you a bitch for pointing out an health and safety issue?

KandisTX
09-26-2008, 01:49 PM
IF I ever choose to grow up, I want to be JUST LIKE KAREN HUTTON!

Kandis:love::rose2:

Di
09-26-2008, 01:51 PM
See. Being a "Bitchey Girl" can be rewarding!! Hahaha.

YES IT CAN:devil::D

Sam-antha
09-26-2008, 02:15 PM
I need to update my business cards with "Bitchey Girl" under my name!! Lol.

I reckon that the title would look better after your name as per an earned degree etc :

Karren Hutton BG

Karren H
09-26-2008, 03:25 PM
I like the sound of that, Sam. Funny I just met Jim at the pop machine and I got a diet coke out... And I couldn't open the cap so I handed it to him and said... "Show me what kind of man you are!". So he spins it right off and hands it back.... I said that I took the day off yeaterday and powerwashed the siding and then played hockey last night so my arms were really sore.... He said "Yeah sure..... wusss... .... So that's why your so damn skinny?". I was going to tell him I'm up 4 pounds and trying real hard to get back into a size 10 dress but I figured I'd be pushing it today!! I wait till next week!! Hahaha.

Niya W
09-26-2008, 03:48 PM
You know I thought it was bad when some put midol on my desk :)

Hands it to Karren

Karren H
09-26-2008, 03:56 PM
You know I thought it was bad when some put midol on my desk :)

Hands it to Karren

I could have used some of that since I ran out of Ibuprofen and my arms still killing me!! Lol

Nicole Erin
09-26-2008, 05:20 PM
Karren, you are never subtile or shy huh?

The mods need to update the rules to state that Karren is not allowed to participate in any thread where someone needs advice on coming out. :heehee:

Niya W
09-26-2008, 05:29 PM
Erin some people just don't get subtle, then there are people like Karen that just don't do subtle :). Shows up to work at Karen's place :) .

SherriePall
09-26-2008, 05:46 PM
Karren -- You stole my Halloween costume! Now what I am going to be?

Kayla Shadows
09-26-2008, 05:52 PM
“As a woman, if you’re outspoken and you know what you want, you’re a b*tch. And if you don’t know what you want, then you’re a ditz. Many women don’t know if they should speak up and run the risk of looking stupid or b*tchy. I always say, ‘Go for b*tchy’ ’cause they’re gonna say you’re a b*tch no matter what.’ If you’re smart and you speak up, you’re a b*tch. But at least you get what you want.”----Kimora Lee Simmons :devil:

:):thumbsup:

Tina P Hose
09-26-2008, 06:57 PM
Gee, Karen perhaps that if you wore PANTYHOSE more often you would not be so bitchy:hugs:

Karren H
09-26-2008, 10:09 PM
Karren -- You stole my Halloween costume! Now what I am going to be?

How about going as a guy?? lol

Niya W
09-26-2008, 10:10 PM

Spits coffee over key board. Guy omg never. Karen you owe me a new keyboard.

Karen C
09-26-2008, 10:18 PM
You go girl ive been told that I get male pms all the time. I just give them the look and thay leave me alone . than we laugh :D:devil:

Suzie S.
09-27-2008, 05:17 AM
Karren, wear that label with pride! :thumbsup:

Sam-antha
09-27-2008, 02:26 PM
.... So that's why your so damn skinny?". .................I'm up 4 pounds and trying real hard to get back into a size 10 dress but I figured I'd be pushing it today!!

Do you really mean that you are to small to fit a 10 ?
Of course your US size 10 is hardly my Uk size 10 now is it ? But that is what I took it at first. Me i alternate with 10 or 12 according to desire.
Mind I have been called skinny too, in here I think.....
~Samm

TxKimberly
09-27-2008, 04:30 PM
Ha ha ha ha . . .<Gasp> ha ha ha ha <long intake of breath> ha ha ha

By one of my co-workers this morning....

It all started when we moved into the building.. All the galleys had microwave ovens and they were mounted way to high.. Short people couldn't use them at all.. It was a safety hazard!! So I emailed the VP of safety and sent him a guidline I found online. For the safe usage and placement of microwave ovens..

So this morning, on all 4 floors, all the microwaves that could be were moved down to the counters and those that couldn't were unplugged and labeled out of service.. Word spread pretty quick that I was responsible and I got a lot of ribbing so far but one good friend came up to me in the hallway, in a crowd and said "your just one of those bitchy girls aren't you?". And smiled!!

I curtsied and said in a fem voice.. "Why thanks Jim, flattery will get you nothing from me!!".

So who at work doesn't know?

susie evans
09-27-2008, 06:17 PM
KARREN bitchy girl's get things done LOL

:hugs:susie

Jess_cd32
09-28-2008, 03:58 AM
Karren, You should have told him it's not "bitch", it's "biatch", tell him to get his cuss words updated, lmao

flatlander_48
09-28-2008, 05:46 AM

By the way, you seem to have gotten that Barbra Streisand thing working. Good thing she's in semi-retirement...

SherriePall
09-28-2008, 07:47 PM
Karren -- The costume you suggested is one of last resort!

insearchofme
09-28-2008, 08:35 PM
I've been in my profession over 37 years. when I point out something that is wrong or needs to be done in a better way I get called and "old school prick", kind of wish I was being called a bitch.

However, I makes me feel good to know how to do a job right and point it out to those who want to do it "half-assed". There are two ways to do a job, the right way is always better!

Keep them on their toes Karren!

CD Susan
09-28-2008, 08:58 PM
Karren I do not understand your 'friend' Jim's intentions. Why would he call you what he did? Was he upset that you were responsible for having a safety violation rectified? If so why would anyone feel this way? Was he jealous that you came up with the idea and not him or was he just joking? Do you still consider him a friend?