PDA

View Full Version : Seems the tolerance is borderline accepting now.

Nicole Erin
09-27-2008, 12:00 PM
Had a chat with my wife yesterday when she got home from her job, a clothing store. went like this -

her - BTW, I was going to tell you that we have pantyhose on clearance for $2.99.

me - Really why is that?

her - They are getting ones with new packaging or something... I just thought I would tell a [embarrasing term of endearment].

me - Well I have no problems buying stuff like that, but what about your coworkers seeing your husband buying pantyhose?

her - I can go with you and they will just figure they are for me... [I told her I wanted to get the right size and style]

Later -

me - I figured all this stuff about me dressing bothered you.

her - [shrug] Well whatever you want to do, as long as I don't get harassed about it.
me - So people at your job would act stupid about this?

her - Every day is stupid day at [her store]

Earlier this week she gave me a brand new thing of eyeshadow that she had received from Avon by mistake. I asked the same thing about this bothering her and she said "I know you like to do that...

She has known for years. I don't know if she is just making up for all the times she borrows my clothes or what. :heehee:
I get the feeling that she actually wants the hose and is just saying they are for me as an excuse to buy them... Of course I wear more than she does.

Deborah Jane
09-27-2008, 12:19 PM
Looks to me like she,s decided it isn,t going away, so she may as well accept its there.
A small but very important step on the path to acceptance :)

uknowhoo
09-27-2008, 12:20 PM
Well, well, isn't that a nice little development! I'm glad to see your wife is coming around, if only slowly, and that you're not pushing the issue. I hope it continues to get better. Good luck. :hugs: Tammi

Brina Halloween
09-27-2008, 12:24 PM
If you can't beat it, join it....

or...

she realizes she can't change you, so she might as well get what she wants too...

Brina

Marjory
09-27-2008, 12:39 PM
$2.99? That's a good price...I guess she won't bulk buy though. Congratulations, sounds like a milestone.

Marjory

jennylogan
09-27-2008, 12:51 PM
My wife surprised me with an outfit last XMAS. I can't begin to tell you how special that moment was. It was her way of showing her acceptance and support of me and it continues to this day with a monthly girl shopping day. I am truly blessed. I just wish all of us would be as lucky.

Edyta_C
09-27-2008, 01:04 PM
Well the girls that get special gifts are very lucky indeed. My wife does that occasionally and it is truely wonderful. I'd like to find some nice pantyhose for $3 a pair. So good for you!

Edyta

debbeelee1
09-27-2008, 06:48 PM
Sounds like she is coming around. Slow and easy, don't push her!