PDA

View Full Version : 1st time out CD, Halloween Party, SOLO

Ria
09-28-2008, 02:02 AM
My mission is to find a good halloween event that I can attend in a sexy halloween outfit (nurse, airline stewardess, gothic something). I live in the Vancouver BC area. Venue ideas?

Moreover, I'll be going alone. I'm a straight CD'r that keeps this skeleton under close wraps. My wife knows but she's not involved with my CDing. I love her and I'm only looking for a fun time out, nothing more.

This will be my first outing. A Halloween event seems like such a great time to muster the courage for this!

I'm 5'11" 185lb, 35 yrs, physically fit, I know I won't "pass", my shoulders are too broad etc but I do want to look as convincing as I can. My legs and stomach are my costume strengths. I plan on getting a hotel room in order to prepare myself (dressing up, makeup etc)

Big Question: I'll be applying make-up for the first time, I don't know the basics, and the order that it get's applied etc. I want to look as sexy as I can without overdoing it.

Any tips for pulling off this caper. I'm a little concerned about looking like a wall flower by myself but I think a couple of drinks could help that out (not too much or course)

Check this out, I have a feeling I wouldn't stand out here, what do you think?

http://www.clubvibes.com/events/view.asp?id=109332

Jess_cd32
09-28-2008, 02:12 AM
............Moreover, I'll be going alone. I'm a straight CD'r that keeps this skeleton under close wraps. My wife knows but she's not involved with my CDing. I love her and I'm only looking for a fun time out, nothing more.

I wish I had a pal that I could do this with but I don't, not for this. This will be my first outing. A Halloween event seems like such a great time to muster the courage for this. I'm very excited...........

I know the feeling, similar circumstances here, I'd also luv to get out like you but have the same concerns, also no one to go with, and if I did, were to go?

It's gonna be October too before we know it, times running out. That makeup is the hard part if you don't have the right stuff, my SO's is pretty mild stuff, it would never do what I'd want for the look. We'll see here, never know, hope you can make it out and have a blast.

Alyssa82
09-28-2008, 06:54 AM
arent there ways to hide the shoulders? id try searching google for ideas. you know your body better than i do.

Sally24
09-28-2008, 09:20 AM
If you want to look good this is not the time to do makeup for the first time! Check out these links or look around yourself for a salon that could do your makeup for you. It takes months of practicing to get comfortable with your "look". Professionals could make you look fantastic for this night and help get you started on doing it yourself.

http://members.shaw.ca/MsCruellaDivine/

http://www.raigendangelo.ca/Make-up_Tips.htm

This lady is expensive but also shows a few Halloween SFX examples in her Portfolio. http://www.yasivmarin.com/

www.hayleymiller.com/ba.html (http://www.hayleymiller.com/ba.htmlhttp://www.hayleymiller.com/ba.html)

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vangno/

Good luck and above all, Have Fun!!

Ria
09-28-2008, 09:52 AM
You're right Sally, I think that should be part of my plan--getting my makeup done by a pro. Excellent idea.

Sally2005
09-28-2008, 10:59 AM
If you are going to a halloween party, it won't be much fun alone. Drag your wife out or surprise some friends with your costume. It will be a blast! ...no one will think any less of you and they will think you are cool and brave for doing it. If you go with your wife you can tell little white lies to your friends to say she helped you if they wonder why you went a little too far in certain aspects.

hjt101
09-28-2008, 11:27 AM
I was also thinking of heading out all dressed up, but nowhere to go. Want to join forces? Attack vancouver when it least expects it?

trannie T
09-28-2008, 03:09 PM
Find a place to have your makeup done. I have had very good experiences at beauty colleges, they are inexpensive and everyone has a good time.

Jenna Lynne
09-28-2008, 09:24 PM
As others have already noted, applying makeup takes practice! Also specialized knowledge. As does getting it off afterward.

I can think of about five ways to go wrong with eyeliner alone -- and I'm no great shakes as a makeup artist. Let's see, there's poking yourself in the eye, that's a good one. If you're using liquid eyeliner, you'll almost certainly flinch the first, second, and third times you try it, because the tip of the brush is unexpectedly cold, and flinching will most likely splatter a streak of eyeliner somewhere where you don't want it. Then there's getting the liquid kind in your eye, which will sting. Oh, yeah, this stuff is tricky.

I had my first experience with a Mary Kay saleslady last week. Their products are more expensive, but you'll get personal attention and instruction in private. They will also suggest the right colors for you, which is extremely important -- a foundation that matches your skin and so forth. From what others have said on this forum, Mary Kay ladies tend to be very accepting of CDers. If you're not ready to go to a salon, this might be the right place to start.

Technically, you're under no obligation to buy from the Mary Kay person, but I feel it would be rude to take up 90 minutes of her time and then not spend any money.

I would suggest scheduling a session next week. Then go home and practice three or four times, then have a second session. After that you may be ready for a do-it-yourself Halloween.

Have fun! :heehee:

***Jenna Lynne***

P.S.: Driving home tonight from taking my mom to dinner, I saw a little girl prancing down the sidewalk with big fairy-wings, the kind that are pink gauze on some kind of wire frame. That started me thinking about Halloween ... I may be a little big for fairy wings, and they'd be tough to wear while driving the car, but I may not be able to resist!

Ria
09-30-2008, 01:59 AM
I'll blog this event to all you fine CDrs to keep you posted on what happens. I'll take a pic and post it. It's an interesting project.

Joann0830
09-30-2008, 06:51 AM
If you are going to a halloween party, it won't be much fun alone. Drag your wife out or surprise some friends with your costume. It will be a blast! ...no one will think any less of you and they will think you are cool and brave for doing it. If you go with your wife you can tell little white lies to your friends to say she helped you if they wonder why you went a little too far in certain aspects.

Again I have to agree take the wife it realy is fun, When I took my wife dressed up in her costume and me as Joann it was so much fun when we walked in and friends asked where her husband was and we never said anything until we danced together and then came the astonished looks and compliments it was a Blast for us.Joann0830:battingeyelashes::heehee::love:

Julogden
09-30-2008, 12:05 PM
Regarding your broad shoulders, wear a dark colored top and a lighter colored skirt, helps give an illusion of less-broad shoulders and make sure that your top covers your shoulders, don't wear a top with thin straps, they'll just draw more atention to your shoulders.

If you've never done makeup and you want to look good for your debut, get professional makeup help. I see there's at least one person doing TG makeovers in Vancouver, Cruella Divine, click here (http://members.shaw.ca/MsCruellaDivine/) for her site, might want to check her services out.

Good luck and have fun!

Carol

Karren H
09-30-2008, 12:20 PM
I could give you a thousand sugestions about makeup and all but if your going to try makeup for the first time on the night you plan to go out.... I'd say your asking for a disapointing outcome... Took me a year of practicing before I was comfortable with my skills. But maybe your a quick study!.

Why not schedule a makeover with a nearby salon or makeup counter and then dress up and go out.. May cost you a few bucks but the results will be well worth it and you might learn something..