PDA

View Full Version : A first after 40 years of wishing

EveMarie
09-28-2008, 09:03 PM
I've been dressing and sometimes going out (briefly) as Evie (Halloween not counted), but for the first time ever I planned and spent the entire day with my GG friend as Evie, and went to a Salon with her to have our hair done. My friend had highlights done and then it was my turn for a completely new style. I brought pictures of several models from the '50s showing "the latest styles…" and explained I was trying to achieve this look but still needed to be able to brush it out and go to work "butch". As you can see from my new avatar and picture gallery I think she nailed the style perfectly.

After the early day appointment at the salon we met with an acquaintance and had lunch at a local Japanese restaurant, then spent the rest of the day with our friends walking around town visiting antique shops and artisans from the area, I felt completely relaxed and comfortable being Evie, and enjoyed the entire day.

xoxox, Evie, now fully out and wanting more:heehee:

p.s. my avatar is the picture I had taken at the salon.

Cristi
09-28-2008, 09:22 PM
Wow, what a great look for you! You'd fit right in browsing through antique shops and stopping for a bite to eat somewhere...

I'm more than a bit jealous... :)

Alice B
09-28-2008, 10:03 PM
That sounds like a wonderful day. Would love to have someone to do the same with.

uknowhoo
09-28-2008, 10:09 PM
Oh, you must've been on top of the world Evie!!! :c9: I'm so happy you were able to enjoy a girls' day out, and posted about it too! :hugs: Tammi

Karren H
09-28-2008, 10:29 PM
Cool!! You have a pretty face .... ya need to smile!! Show us just how happy you really are!!! :)

Tracii G
09-28-2008, 11:01 PM
Yeah I'm with Karren(the local smile police) I'll bet you'll feel better.
You look smashing I might add.

EveMarie
09-29-2008, 05:53 PM
Thank you so much ladies, I was so excited and bubbling with such a calm and hyper feeling all at the same time, my GG friend had a bit of trouble using my digital camera so the results were a bit disappointing. Believe me I was smiling from earring to earring inside (took them off for the stylist). I'll have more coming soon:heehee:

xx Evie

Nicole Erin
09-29-2008, 06:40 PM
Hair looks great :D

I think shorter hairstyles are actually better for us girls anyways, they can go male or female and easier to manage.

Angie G
09-29-2008, 07:39 PM
So glad you had a great day out and about hun. you go girl.:hugs:
Angie

matrioshka
09-29-2008, 08:20 PM
Evie, I like your look. I'm growing my hair out and it looks similar.

Katrina

Mary Morgan
09-29-2008, 10:04 PM
EveMarie, You look wonderful, and it sounds as though the whole experience and the day were great fun.

Sallee
09-29-2008, 10:27 PM
YOu look great what a blast congradulations

Samantha B L
09-29-2008, 10:31 PM
Looks Great Evie!

CD Susan
09-30-2008, 12:02 AM
Congratulations Evie! I am so happy for you, it sounds like you had a wonderful day out and about with your friend. I am looking forward to hearing more about your adventures out. I wish that I had a GG friend such as yours.

darla_g
09-30-2008, 07:18 AM
Evie,
that sounds like a terrifically fun day!

Chari
09-30-2008, 07:41 AM
Evie, Very cute hair style that compliments your face shape! Did you have it high-lighted too? Just had mine done in similar style and added a bit of frosted highlights to blend with the gray. That style is so easy to care for and can go from gal to guy without problems. Thanx for sharing your adventure.

TerriM
09-30-2008, 04:49 PM
I love your hairdo. I also use my own hair. I have a great hairdresser and when I go to the parlor the other ladies always comment on how nice it looks when it is finished and is amazed at the difference. A lot of older women have shorter hair. Im going to provincetown next month and getting my hair done before I go up. I love getting it done.

yours Terri