PDA

View Full Version : Manliest Place you've treaded in Heels?

Rachel M
09-29-2008, 02:00 AM
The other day I was having an out and about day en femme. Just out shoe shopping. I then remembered I needed a garden sprayer. So, off to Home Depot. It was nerve racking being in there with all those contractors looking you over. Where are some manly places any of you have gone en efemme?
Rachel

vivianann
09-29-2008, 02:20 AM
I have been in home depot 2 times in a dress and heels, however the manliest place I have been in a dress and heels was in an auto salvage yard, been there several times enfemme, at times the gawkers can be too much.
The employees were very nice to me. I went to an auto auction 2 months ago in a dress and heels, all went well there also.

CD Susan
09-29-2008, 02:54 AM
That is so cool Vivianann, I envy you. I wish I had the nerve to do this. You should know that i am a gear head also so you know how hard it is to do these 'manly' things while dressed. It shouldn't have to be this way but as you know it is. Your post gave me much inspiration and I thank you for that. Susan

Katrina
09-29-2008, 05:28 AM
I don't think I've done any "manly" places enfemme, but I have gone in wearing heels and otherwise presenting as a guy. I've been to Home Depot a couple of times, once wearing very chunky heels and another time wearing ones with about a 1"x1" square heel that was about 2.5-3" high. Neither pair has a hard heel, so there was no clicking.

Karren H
09-29-2008, 05:36 AM
Why the mens restroom... Even used the urinal.. Had to hike my skirt up... Luckily no guys came in at the time.. The womens restroom was closed for cleaning and I had to pee so bad!!

I did try on skirts in Cabela's., in West Virginia... With a those gun around.. But I didn't go in enfemme....

Samantha Kelsey
09-29-2008, 06:43 AM
First time I ever went out. My ex wife and I went to a bar in a neighbouring town. When we went in there were only a couple of people in, we sat at the bar and ordered a drink. Within about 10 minutes a load of guys came in to watch football and play pool. It was the local football teams bar! I didn't get any comments although I could see them studying us.

erickka
09-29-2008, 07:03 AM
Yep, The Depot for me too. 5" heels above the knee skirt and ALL that stuff.

Deena
09-29-2008, 07:29 AM
I went to a Les Schwab Tire Store. The battery in my truck died on the way to a TRIESS meeting and had to be replaced. Enroute I had to ask a gentleman for a jump start in the Riteaide Drug Store parking lot. Got a few "who is that looks" but the battery was changed and:) the people were very courteous.

Deena

valenstein
09-29-2008, 07:38 AM
A Denny's at 3 a.m. with five other gals. Manly? Well, this one was near a military base in a less accepting part of town, and on my second night out ever. It was still a great night. I do get some looks at Home Depot when I go in with my purple velvet jeans and sandals lol.

Sara Jessica
09-29-2008, 08:00 AM
Two friends and I went into a mainstream bar last December. We walked in, there couldn't have been more than a few customers, and the look from the bartender was like "we don't serve your kind in here." Well we sat down anyway and one of my friends was immediately tossed for bringing a Starbucks coffee with her. We all should of got up and left but the two of us ordered a glass of wine, thinking our friend would be right back. About the time we finished she returned and was pretty bent out of shape. I can't blame her but I also saw the establishment's point that you cannot bring in drinks from elsewhere. And we got into a little spat because when paying the bill, I insisted on leaving a tip. Oh well, live and learn. In hindsight, it ended up being the worst experience I've had in a mainstream establishment and the negativity wasn't even directed at me. But the memory isn't great, especially because I didn't like arguing with my friend.

As for Home Depot, I'd love to go there someday in girl mode. However, I'd be totally dressed down, no heels or skirts, probably cargo pants and a top with flip flops!!!

Jennifer Marie P.
09-29-2008, 08:06 AM
Yes Home Depot with 5 inch heels and a short skirt in the lumber dept. with all those guys gwacking me.

allisonrn06
09-29-2008, 08:08 AM
I have gone in a men's restroom before and put on heels, then walked out of the bathroom and the mall in them. It was for an assigment for a college course I was taking.(Ok it was really an excuse for buying a pair of women's shoes and wearing them in public, but I did use the experience for my assignment!!)Beyond that, the only time I've been out in public with heels on was at work, for Halloween and since I'm a nurse that really doesn't count as having them on in a manly place.

Desiree2bababe
09-29-2008, 08:09 AM
The Nudie Bar........one of the funniest times I've ever had as "Desiree - The Hot to Trot Transvestite". Big Fun!

KimberlyS
09-29-2008, 09:10 AM
We have been working on our house this summer so I have been hitting the lumber/hardware stores a lot. We live in a small town and need to travel to get to them so I often combine with femme time. Just this past Saturday I hit three of them; Menards, Home Depot, and Lowes. I was in a long denium skirt blue fitted blouse and 3.5in heels. Yea get some looks clicking down the isles.

I also get treated like I do not know anything or I am not capable to do things. One time I was looking at staplers. Guy came up and started helping me and first thing pointed out the girly pink one that was easy to use. I thanked him for his help and it was then he got a good look at my face. I asked where the air tools were. He stumbled with the words as he said a couple of isles over and pointed. I thanked him again and went over a got an air stapler. He was still standing there with the dumb founded look as I looked back moving on to the next isle.

One other time I was actually in femme jeans, nice casual blouse and heels. I had loaded a flat over full hanging well over the edges with the large multi-packs of insulation, some single bags, and other things. As I pull into the check out lane a young employee also comes in. The clerk asks him if he can help me load. He says it is why he is there. I think to myself, I loaded it and pulled it up here, the easy part was loading it. Anyway the kid even bags my other items I was getting and this is a bag your own place. I take the small bag and the kid follows with the flat. I pointed out my truck and trailer which was close by as I did not want to have to drag what I was getting very far in heels. I put my small bag in the truck and turn to help with the rest and the kid is a ways back and has lost some of it. Not sure how he did that. Any way at the truck I pull off the smaller things and put in the back of the truck and tell him the insulation goes in the trailer. He starts pulling off the smaller bundles and putting in the trailer. It is quickly obvious that he does not know how to load. So I ask him if it may be better to put some of the large bundles in first as some of the smaller ones may need to go in the back of the truck. He finishes pulling of the smaller ones setting them on the ground and then looks at the trailer as there is already not enough room for the bigger bundles. :strugglin I think how new is this kid as I reach in a pull out a smaller bag and then he does also. He then grabs the large bundle to load and begins to struggle. They are surprisingly heavy considering they are insulation, but more the fact that they are large and awkward. I quickly tire of him struggling and lend a hand but try to make it look hard giving half an effort yet handling my side better than he is on his side. With the large bundles finally loaded I take control and begin packing the smaller ones in as he hands them to me and the last one goes in the back of the truck. I thank him for his help. He leaves looking tired from helping me load. And I think to myself that it would have been easier for me to load it myself. :D

StephanieT
09-29-2008, 09:15 AM
Home Depot in ankle boots with 3" heels and dressed as a guy. The woman at the front door watched me walking and just kept starring at my feet.

CharleneT
09-29-2008, 10:50 AM
Hmm.... not sure, but in a way, the first time I went out in public may be the most manely. It was to a regular bar. I went alone and stayed and danced all night to a great band. It was a frat bar. They mostly ignored me, some stole a "look" or two. The girls were quiet but fine: they danced with me without worries.

shannonsilk
09-29-2008, 11:30 AM
I did go to Lowe's once or twice, but I can't remember what I was wearing. prolly not a skirt or heels. I have gone to the garden center more than once in skirt and heels. I always need mulch.
and a couple of times I 've gotten the oil changed while in Shannon mode. That's one place where people have lots of time to look around while waiting.

Rachel M
09-29-2008, 12:19 PM
I can't imagine doing the auto salvage yard and the nudie bar, that would be fun.I need some spark plugs for the car, so the auto parts store might me next. I hope they don't take me a some naive girl and try sell me a carburetor belt or muffler bearrings. LOL

nancigirl
09-29-2008, 02:15 PM
A few years ago, i went to a well known cowboy bar in Austin, TX. Went with a group of tg gals (some postop, some pre, and some cd's) and we had a GREAT time!

Some of the gg's there with their bf's were very accepting and friendly to us. Their bf's sometimes looked a bit puzzled by the whole thing. LOL! No problems at all that evening.
We danced the night away, right out there on the dancefloor with the cowboys and their cowgirls.

Nicole Erin
09-29-2008, 02:33 PM
I tend to avoid manly places when dressed. In my day to day semi-femme look, I sometimes find myself at Autozone or other parts stores. That is no big deal tho.

OH gyod to the salvage yard en femme? That takes a pair of balls. When I go, I make sure I am as manly looking as possible. I even make sure my hands are dirty.

Why the mens restroom... Even used the urinal.. Had to hike my skirt up... Luckily no guys came in at the time.. The womens restroom was closed for cleaning and I had to pee so bad!!

Karren you are EFFING nutz! HAHAHAHAHAAH!
I mean admittedly, most of us have stood and hiked our skirts but no one ever admits to it! ?HAHAHAH
Woman you are crazy!
Made me think of - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGdToCWitAk

tricia_uktv
09-29-2008, 04:01 PM
How about a pub in a rough area of Manchester, UK which was so dodgy they bolted the door to stop riff raff coming in. I'm not sure I was accepted but the landlady was charming and all the guys smiled at me. There wasn't a woman present, anywhere!

Niya W
09-29-2008, 04:35 PM
Strip Club. Hard ware store I've been in some of the roughest parts of SF at night by my self. Nothing like seeing people get high. The worst part is when some of the guys think you are hooker.

subaru_forster
09-29-2008, 04:43 PM
Manliest? I'd say walking on the sidewalk. Treading that showed me the male bias the first time I had my stilletto stuck in the cracks!

christyp24
09-29-2008, 08:12 PM
Sunset strip -
Where did you get that dress? I love it!

Katrina
09-29-2008, 08:30 PM
Sunset strip -
Where did you get that dress? I love it!

More importantly, where did you get those hips?!??!?!?!

Cristi
09-29-2008, 08:52 PM
Lots of hardware store girls in here!

My story is similar. I was out and about once (wearing the same dress I have on in my avatar, above the knee, low neckline with lots of cleavage plus nude hose and 3" heels) when I remembered that I'd told my wife that I would pick up some parts we needed to mount a new light on the livingroom ceiling so I headed to Lowes.

I wasn't exactly comfortable walking in amongst all the guys in torn jeans, scruffy beards and plaid shirts, but I found what I needed (after 10 minutes of wandering around, I couldn't get up my nerve to ask for assistance) and checked out.

Heels make a LOUD noise while you are walking down hard concrete floors!

In the end, I got a few long stares but nothing worse.

imDanielle2
09-29-2008, 09:24 PM
I live full time and have implants and all. I go everywhere... Lowes, Home Depot but yeah I have been to the strip clubs many times and usually get hit on a lot by the strippers. I am also a mechanic and here in Nashville we have a Pull A Part where you go and pull your own parts from the cars/trucks... I have been there in short shorts and skirts even. It gets hot out there so I hate wearing jeans or anything. Last weekend I went there wearing a tight low cut shirt and some shorts with my skechers on and pulled the transmission out of a truck. I loved the looks of everyone when they see me lugging my tool box and transmission up to the counter to pay LOL I usually pass pretty well so they think im just a GG there getting dirty. I go there at least 2 times a month LOL
Aother thing I like to do is bowl.. I was out bowling with my brother and his new wife and I was there wearing a denim skirt and tank top... I throw a 18 lb ball and it hits the pocket really hard. I love people watch me and say something like " watch her throw that ball" LOL Anyway, last time I went out with my brother I threw my first 300 game and actuaally followed up with 8 more stikes into the second game before I spared... But I had probably 25 people standing there watching me and I bet if I didnt have the pressures of all those people there I would have went even further with strikes.... I can admit I finally choked LOL
But hey, I do swap meets, car shows, movies, bars, grocery stores, malls..you name it in my heels and short skirts and such. I dont care if they figure out im a tranny or not... I like the attention. I lived half my life in the closet and now its time to have some fun damn it!

Sally2005
09-30-2008, 12:12 AM
Back when I used to party a lot, the most manly place was the men's room while I was fully dressed. It was a halloween party at a local university and I was in costume and a little drunk, but I think passed fairly well based on the looks I got when I walked in (shock and confusion) and up to the urinal and used it. The shocked looks changed to smiles, laughter and joking once they realized I was really a male.

vivianann
09-30-2008, 02:39 AM
I have been to autozone a few times while wearing skirts, and one time while wearing a dress. I have also shopped the tool department at sears while wearing a dresses a few times. I have never pulled an engine or transmision while enfemme, however I have pulled body parts, radiator, and electrical parts when I am wearing denim skirts, the auto salvage yards I have been to are pick n pull, and tear a part. Danielle I am glad to see another gearhead who dresses enfemme. my next venture will have to be a car show enfemme.

cosmolovesph
09-30-2008, 10:35 AM
I just don't think I could muster up the courage to hit many of the places you have listed, but would love to at some point.

Dorisnycd
09-30-2008, 11:18 AM
i frequent an irish pub near me. Alwasy full of drinking big irish men. They love me!

Tashee
09-30-2008, 12:08 PM
Oh no! I went to HD in mens clothes...I saw one of us girls....I think she thought I was 1 of the unaccepting public......If that was any of you in HD in MASS I am sincerely sorry..

That said where have I gone? No where I guess...Yuck.

I am glad more of You are willing to pave the way of freedom an acceptance for us current girls, and the girls to come after our time.

scarlett
09-30-2008, 04:16 PM
I haven't been out totally en femme but today at Lowe's in obvious women's top, shorts, strappy sandals and my fresh pedicure with floral design I felt like EVERY eye was on me. No comments (that I heard), couple of second glances, but I felt like I was in a spotlight.

Lisa Golightly
09-30-2008, 04:20 PM
Glasgow.

suspender
09-30-2008, 10:24 PM
There is a place over here in Sydney called Manly, and I have been there dressed! To recall where the most blokish place Ive dressed, it would be a very large builders workshop when I was an apprentice (17) (a long time ago now and not the one type of apprentice Trump was looking for!). I asked the boss if i could borrow some tools over the Christmas break and he gave me a set of keys. The memory is a good one, theres nothing like kicking through sawdust with a great set of heals on and knowing that no one was going to come for at least a couple of days. I must have spent about two or three hours in that place fully dressed and it was fun. More recently it was a bottleshop at a tradesmans hotel. Certainly got the double take (must have been age thing), but nothing adverse thrown my way.

faltenrock
10-01-2008, 02:11 AM
I also went to a store like Home depot in Germany, buying some flowers for my wife. I was wearing a pleated mini skirt and 3 inch heels. Went to a bar several times, to video stores, gas stations and other places.

marny
10-01-2008, 10:32 PM
had a few looks since I shaved my legs, but ain't nobody gonna mess with me. i'm the nicest girl in the world but I apparently look mean!