PDA

View Full Version : This is what I want to know...WHY?

Inachis
09-30-2008, 12:52 AM
So...one of the reasons why I joined this site was to help me try to find out why I CD. To me its a compulsion, I love to do it, but there are times that I think there must be something wrong with me.

I was born in Texas, where men are men and the longhorns are scared. :heehee: Raised in Oklahoma where they shoot men for wearing panties. :Angry3: It was just not part of my culture growing up.

Crossdressing is so intrinsiclty a part of me that I feel bad when I do not wear womens clothing occasionally. I enjoy the way it looks and feels. My wife supports and even loves to go shopping with me, however, I still want to know. What is it about womens' clothing that makes me ignore the guilt, and just strut?

Please tell me why y'all Crossdress

Pattie O
09-30-2008, 01:35 AM
If you could walk into a bar and order a Coopers lager beer dressed in a white tutu amongst Ozzie males and not blush then I reckon you could just about strut anywhere.I just wish someone offered me the role in Priscilla so Id have an excuse to get frocked up!Anway great to hear that Texans do it to ,Cding I mean!!

Pattie O

p.s.Do I need an excuse to get frocked up?

Zenith
09-30-2008, 02:07 AM
There are a myriad reasons...each of us is a unique combo of them...

Me? I want the outside to match the inside...even for just a little while...although 24/7 would be wonderful...:daydreaming:

Tracii G
09-30-2008, 02:17 AM
Guilt? Why feel guilty?If you enjoy it do it.
I love womens clothes so why not wear it if it fits and looks nice go for it.

Deanna2
09-30-2008, 02:54 AM
I love asking 'why' about a whole heap of things. But hey, some things just happen and are meant to happen.

F'instance - why is the bluebird blue? Coz if it was red it wouldn't be a bluebird.

You could also ask why the pope has to be a catholic.

When I put on my panties, pantyhose and camisole each morning, I don't ask 'why am I doing this?' I just enjoy.

So, instead of asking why am I wearing this, you should be asking what femme gear am I going to wear today. You'll find it a lot more fun.

Angie G
09-30-2008, 04:35 AM
I dress because it such a part of who I am and it feels so good.:hugs:
Angie

Ballerina
09-30-2008, 05:34 AM
To me, I think it's an appretiation for womens' style and the fact that I don't have to live as the macho tough guy if i don't want. Plus, there's that darn sexual allure, too...

Sarah...
09-30-2008, 07:15 AM
There are a myriad reasons...each of us is a unique combo of them...

Me? I want the outside to match the inside...even for just a little while...although 24/7 would be wonderful...:daydreaming:

Yes. Me too!

Sarah...

Karren H
09-30-2008, 07:33 AM
See, you really didn't give me a compelling reason why you want to know why? I say this a lot but knowing why is not going to change the fact that you still love to do what you love to do! Right? If you knew why it would not allow you to quit? I think not..

So in my little mind, spending a lot of time and resources on something that adds no value to your life going forward is a waste of effort.. And it will drive you crazy..

Since no one really knows... And I personally don't care to know... Just accept the fact you love to crossdress and that there's nothing wrong with it.. Once you do that then crossdressing becomes fun.. What it should be!! In my humble opinion.

Susan Watersfield
09-30-2008, 07:46 AM
Like most of us, I've asked myself this question many times, but never got an answer, other than it is just how I am.

It's true there were times when I was younger that guilt was a part of the whole thing. But I stopped feeling guilty about being myself a long time ago. So long as I don't hurt anyone, I'm very much at ease with who I am.

All I can really say is that you will become more reconciled with it as you get older, and hopefully like me appreciate this side to your personallity.

The most important thing to bear in mind is that you are not alone. There are many crossdressers in the world and some of the nicest can be found here on this forum.

Hope that is some help.

Luv

Susan

TGMarla
09-30-2008, 07:51 AM
I can't really say exactly why I crossdress. But I sure love doing it. Long ago, when I started, I got hooked on pantyhose, and it progressed to clothing and all the other acoutrements. I remember feeling like it was very unfair that such wonderful, pretty, and fun clothing was reserved for women. It seemed to me that they got to wear whatever they wanted, but men were corralled into a narrow selection when it came to clothing. I still feel that way. So rather than deprive myself of the joys of women's wear, I indulge instead. "Being" a woman is fun!

wearingtanpantyhose
As others mentioned, there are many reasons. Some of us have similar reasons why we dress; others don't.

One element why I enjoy dressing is because it is taboo. I love the idea of wearing a pair of satin panties under pantyhose with painted toenails under my boy clothes and knowing the macho dude next to me doesn't have a clue. Sometimes I wonder if he's wearing panties, too and thinking the same thing about me.

Often, it's a sexual release for me. It excites me to wear pretty things. I love the look, the feel and how girl's clothes make me feel. Other times, I simply feel calmer, more centered when dressed. It's tough being a the strong man all the time. Sometimes it's just nice to be demure and sweet.

My advise to you is to quit over analyzing and simply enjoy it. I see it as a gift, not a curse. It's part of who I am. You are lucky you have an accepting significant other; not all of us do.

So, put on your panties cowboy and enjoy! Buying new shoes is fun! Opening a new package of pantyhose and putting them on it fun! Shopping for a new skirt for yourself even in boy mode is fun! Enjoy it!

PamelaTX
Anway great to hear that Texans do it too, Cding I mean!!

Not only do Texans do it, we do it bigger and better than anyone else! :D

To answer your question, Inachis, I don't know why I do it, but sometimes I just need to be feminine. Or maybe that's most of the time?

Holly
09-30-2008, 07:56 AM
The answer to your question of why is... because. Some things just "are." It's like asking why chocolate tastes good... it just does! Now, stop fretting over it and just enjoy yourself. You are in a wonderful position with a knowing and supportive wife. Instead of wondering why, count your blessings instead. Your head will appreciate it!:)

ChristineRenee
09-30-2008, 08:02 AM
The answer to your question of why is... because. Some things just "are." It's like asking why chocolate tastes good... it just does! Now, stop fretting over it and just enjoy yourself. You are in a wonderful position with a knowing and supportive wife. Instead of wondering why, count your blessings instead. Your head will appreciate it!:)What our Holly mom has said here. Why ask why? Just enjoy expressing that feminine side of you. Nothing wrong with that at all.

2b.Lauren
09-30-2008, 08:24 AM
It seems to me that we dress as many have stated for various reasons. I can not explain why, maybe I was meant to. I do feel it as an integral part of my human make up. It is what I am, and I like many of us here have just moved past that point. I owe no one explanations anymore about why I do what I do, I labored under the delusion for the majority of my life that I did. How miserable it that! Now I am just going to be me. I do struggle with acceptance of myself and that from others. Just an area of personal growth I am working on now.

Lauren

Charlene Ogden
09-30-2008, 08:26 AM
Like Karen said, there are a lot of potential reasons for dressing. Personally, I think it's a mixture of hormone/brain function combined with your experiences in life and how they've affected your personality.
At the risk of being verbally accosted, I believe that crossdressers "long for something". That something may be different for different people. You try to capture what you are missing by dressing. Some people try to capture or express their feminine element that strongly needs to be expressed. Others do it for sexual gratification that is yet unfulfilled.
Some people get deeper and deeper into dressing. Others, get farther and farther from it. My guess, is that you won't meet too many people on here from the latter camp. We all, however, tangentially meet at this crossdressing plane in the universe for one reason or another for some period of time.
I like to think of CDing like a swimming pool. Some people hate to swim and avoid the pool, some people just like hanging out around the pool just to get a tan, some people just wade in the shallow end and others are full-time life guards who love being in the pool.
Although I do think it's important to try to understand why you dress, I believe, however, that it will be almost impossible to figure out. It's just too hard a question. In my experience, life experience and time will either "give you what you are missing" and lead you away from dressing or lead you further into dressing to help you further nourish your soul.
To each his/her own. Don't worry too much about it. Just be thankful that you have a supportive wife that can help you in your CDing journey in 4th gear at high speed rather than in 1st gear.

Patty
09-30-2008, 08:35 AM
The answer to your question of why is... because. Some things just "are." It's like asking why chocolate tastes good... it just does! Now, stop fretting over it and just enjoy yourself. You are in a wonderful position with a knowing and supportive wife. Instead of wondering why, count your blessings instead. Your head will appreciate it!:)

I agree with Holly

Go enjoy yourself

valenstein
09-30-2008, 08:57 AM
I don't have a good answer either, I just do. However, I've thought about how I would tell my sister about me, something to this effect: I've always identified with things that are stereotypically female, even before I knew they were. I played with Hot Wheels, but had just as much fun playing Barbie dolls or E-Z Bake Oven with my sister. I found a blouse in my aunt's old room at my grandpa's one day, I was six or seven. I put in on. It didn't fit, but I loved the way it looked on me. I knew at that age it wasn't what "boys were supposed to wear", but nobody gave me a reason. You were more likely to find me playing on the Jungle Gym or the swings with the girls than you were to find me playing sports with the boys. Most of the people I looked up to in my life were women, Wonder Woman was never a "female" superhero to me, she was just a great superhero.

I don't understand the way guys treat each other, the way they are taught to show no emotion, the way many of them have treated women I know. I don't understand them at all yet I'm supposed to be one of them. When I am around a group of just guys, I feel like I am in a foreign country and don't understand the language. So I can either try to learn that language I haven't yet grapsed in 30-some years, or I can do what feels natural. I still like some of the things associated with guydom: cars, some sports, beautiful women, but at some point I got tired of wearing what felt like a uniform; the clothes I was expected to wear. I think I deserve some days off when I wish.

Sharon
09-30-2008, 09:08 AM
It is a natural instinct to wonder why we are the way we are, and I would hazard a guess that this is true for anyone. It is doubtful, however, that you will ever satisfactorily find a conclusive answer.

If this forum provides you with any insight, I would hope it would be that you just realize that you are not alone in this world and that it doesn't matter what you wear -- it is character that is important above everything else.

Tasha McIntyre
09-30-2008, 09:32 AM
Why do I crossdress? To me it's simply because I love the feel of girls clothes on me. Probably a bit of the old taboo as well.

harmony
09-30-2008, 09:33 AM
i would rather go to my grave with questions and not be dead already with all the answers!

docrobbysherry
09-30-2008, 10:35 AM
I could have written your post. Actually, u may be futher along the CD trail than I am. As I'm still dealing with the guilt crap!:sad:

I have no clue how or why I started CDing. But, I DO know why I keep doing it! Nothing else in my life is so exciting, stimulates my imagination, stirs my creativety, or gets me as hot as CDing!:D

Katy Dee
09-30-2008, 10:51 AM
I am a partner to a CD. I am a natural woman who loves to dress in pretty feminin clothing. It pleases me to look feminin and to act it. SO why shouldn't you? There is no reason on earth why you should wonder why you do what you do! Just enjoy it for the same reasons that we other women do it. IT FEELS GOOD!
Regards. Katy Dee

Samantha Kelsey
09-30-2008, 10:53 AM
Why do we dress up, why are we like this . WHY,
It just be that way girl.
Samantha K:daydreaming:

flatlander_48
09-30-2008, 10:56 AM
So...one of the reasons why I joined this site was to help me try to find out why I CD. To me its a compulsion, I love to do it, but there are times that I think there must be something wrong with me.

I was born in Texas, where men are men and the longhorns are scared. :heehee: Raised in Oklahoma where they shoot men for wearing panties. :Angry3: It was just not part of my culture growing up.

Crossdressing is so intrinsiclty a part of me that I feel bad when I do not wear womens clothing occasionally. I enjoy the way it looks and feels. My wife supports and even loves to go shopping with me, however, I still want to know. What is it about womens' clothing that makes me ignore the guilt, and just strut?

Please tell me why y'all Crossdress

It is what It is...

Edyta_C
09-30-2008, 11:16 AM
The reasons vary a lot form girl to girl. Some should have been born a girl. I was conditioned for nearly five years from a baby that I was a girl and the apple of my mom's eye! Then my brother was born handicapped and she and my dad felt that what they we're doing was so wrong that they were being punished for (me as a girl). Then I HAD to switch back. I always felt like if I was a girl, I would have more love from my mom and dad. So in some cases its conditioning. I have a lot of femme inside me. I hate competition sports where one can't just try to beat their personal best. I do like so male things, but identify more with my wife's friends than my male friends.

This forum was more helpful to me understanding myself and CDing in me than several years of therapy. Coming out to my wife removed so much stress and anxiety that I have been able to cut way back on depression medicine. The head doctor originally thought I be stuck taking these for the rest of my life, but I am making her eat her words. So please enjoy chatting with us and read some of the other girls stories here. It has helped me greatly.

Hugs Edyta

Deborah Jane
09-30-2008, 11:40 AM
I,ve no idea why!!
I just dress because it feels right for me :)

TrekGirl1701
09-30-2008, 01:27 PM
For me it's simple. I just think the way female clothes are designed is better than the way male clothes are designed. That's it. I don't want to be female. It isn't like there's a girl inside of me begging to get out. I do many guy things that most females don't like to do. But I just prefer female clothing over male clothing.

Nicole Erin
09-30-2008, 02:29 PM
There are probably many reasons it came about.

For the psych stuff, they say fetishes and turn ons develop when we are real young, like around 5 or 6. Just probably a lot of us got ahold of something femme and it has been in our minds every since.

Ruth
09-30-2008, 02:50 PM
The big question of why is something that troubles most of us from time to time (most of us except Karren, that is!). My feeling is that if I understood exactly why I turned out this way, I would have more power over my situation. I might even be able to choose whether I wanted to continue or not.
However, as you have heard over and over, we don't have much idea. I was in therapy for 18 months and one thing I wanted out of it was to discover why I was, though my therapist was, bless her, more interested in giving me confidence and affirmation in what I was.
The thing is, there are so many flavors of CDing and you can't be sure they all spring from the same source.
I love the look and feel of women's clothes, I love to do the make-up and perfume and accessories, but I have no desire to be a woman. The person inside is uniquely me, and is a man who likes to express all the feminine traits of his personality, in appearance and mannerisms, but also likes to retreat into the shell of being a boring old man as well.
When you think about it, the question is not so much "Why do I do this?" as "Why doesn't everybody?"

Susan Loves Life
09-30-2008, 02:56 PM
Why I dress - simple - I AM FEMALE INSIDE!

Ok, so just be YOURSELF! - Me I do it 24/7 - Best of luck to you. :):)

PhillyGuy2Girl
09-30-2008, 02:59 PM
To make my long story short, I do it because first, I like to explore the feminine side that is in me(which I suppressed for a long time).Second, I always love the look and the feel of women's clothes.Third, it helps me to understand women a little more.Fourth, Its also a sexual thrill,especially when the wife is in the mood.

Felicity :)

Kate Lynn
09-30-2008, 04:07 PM
30 years ago I was dressed to the nines,and I asked myself,why do I do this,and a little voice off in the distance said,WHY NOT!

Lisa Golightly
09-30-2008, 04:11 PM
Born with the wrong genitals... :doh:

Inachis
09-30-2008, 07:08 PM
So what ya'll are telling me is that I am asking the wrong question. It is irrelevant as to why I crossdress, but rather I need to find WHAT I find attractive and go with it. THANKS TO ALL WHO WROTE!!!:battingeyelashes:

charlie
09-30-2008, 07:34 PM
Hello Inachis!
Why...the question we all ask ourselves and cannot tell you either. I have come to the point where I just think it is an addiction and part of me. I love dressing and going out as Charlie. I love makeup, undergarments and nice dressy outfits. The why I do not know, but I do love it!

Kayla_CD
09-30-2008, 08:27 PM
Why? That's a huge question. I guess it boils down to loving being able to change my appearance and become more beautiful. If men were able to dress up and do their makeup, I would never have started CDing, but male wardrobes are just a little too boring.

justmetoo
09-30-2008, 09:29 PM
That's a good question.
A better question is - why not? :)

Tina B.
09-30-2008, 09:44 PM
Sorry but if you came here looking for the answer to why, then I am afraid you will be disappointed. That has been asked over and over, without a solid answer. but if you can answer that, then you could help a lot of people stop doing it. but of course, that could put pantyhose makers, and a lot of dress makers Out of business, as I think we may buy more of that stuff than actual women do, and the economy doesn't need that kind of hit right now!
Tina B.

silkesh
10-01-2008, 12:03 AM
u dress in womens clothes becouse u have a fantasy about being a women right? so do i hun! thats wy i do it ,to feal feminen

Inachis
10-01-2008, 12:21 AM
u dress in womens clothes becouse u have a fantasy about being a women right? so do i hun! thats wy i do it ,to feal feminen

No, I do not fantisize about being a women. I know who I am as a man.

This is what I am getting at. I do not know why I dress en femme, but I know I like it. Through another post I discovered that i like the look, and it feels really comfortable on me. The whole journey is taking me sometime to figure out, but I have learned volumes about myself in just a couple of days.

The general finding is that I have been a fool for the longest time, b/c I wouldn't let me be me. For ten years I thought that I was virtually alone in the world. That there was something wrong with me. Eventhough my wife loves, and supports me in dressing. I felt that I was somehow doing her, and my kids a great injustice. The funny part about that is, that I have been doing myself the injustice. Christ, she is okay with it. I will let my kids know when they've became old enough to understand what's going on. Life is quite a weird string of events, and I just now am beginning to figure this out. But, I do appreciate that you have reached out to me. Not alot of people reach out to others in this world.

justmetoo
10-01-2008, 12:53 AM
No, I do not fantisize about being a women. I know who I am as a man.

This is what I am getting at. I do not know why I dress en femme, but I know I like it. Through another post I discovered that i like the look, and it feels really comfortable on me. The whole journey is taking me sometime to figure out, but I have learned volumes about myself in just a couple of days.

The general finding is that I have been a fool for the longest time, b/c I wouldn't let me be me. For ten years I thought that I was virtually alone in the world. That there was something wrong with me. Eventhough my wife loves, and supports me in dressing. I felt that I was somehow doing her, and my kids a great injustice. The funny part about that is, that I have been doing myself the injustice. Christ, she is okay with it. I will let my kids know when they've became old enough to understand what's going on. Life is quite a weird string of events, and I just now am beginning to figure this out. But, I do appreciate that you have reached out to me. Not alot of people reach out to others in this world.

Good for you for starting to figure this out! Best of luck! :D

Carin
10-01-2008, 01:50 AM
What is it about womens' clothing that makes me ignore the guilt, and just strut?

So what ya'll are telling me is that I am asking the wrong question. It is irrelevant as to why I crossdress, but rather I need to find WHAT I find attractive and go with it. THANKS TO ALL WHO WROTE!!!:battingeyelashes:

Yes, I thing you are getting it. If you need a why question, if you need answers, ask yourself "Why do I feel guilty about it?" Could it be that being transgendered is a perfectly natural phenomenon for a percentage of people. Culturally induced guilt comes out of ignorance. Don't let other people have that much control of your Self. :2c:

Empress Lainie
10-01-2008, 08:09 AM
Susan and Lisa, I am the same way, I am female as I can be inside and always have been but didn't have a clue that I was until last year. Everybody but me knew I was trans.

I just thought I was a peculiar man. Funny thing, I never crossdressed and it never crossed my mind to do so, until the day I changed. Hallelujah. I never wear men's clothes except to work on a car. Even then I wear a short blonde wig.

Jocelyn Quivers
10-01-2008, 08:30 AM
I used to ask the same question daily for almost my entire life. Why do I want to CD? It makes no sense. I'm a completely normal masculine guy next door. Why does this femme side exist?

Why do I dress, realizing all of the pain, embarassment, loss of family, friends, and employment that could occur if outed? Why can't I just be normal?

Around 2 years ago I stopped asking questions. I learned it is better just to accept it as the way things are. To realize that this is a very large and growing part of me, that will never go away.

Better just to accept and enjoy it while trying not to focus on why so much. As a result life has become less complicated and more easy and simplistic for now at least.

pamela_a
10-01-2008, 08:30 AM
Why?
Everytime I hear this I'm reminded of the story I heard about a student in a philosophy class. The last queston on the final exam was simply "Why?" Others in the class wrote multiple pages to answer the question and failed; he simply answered "Why not?" and passed with flying colors.

I think too often we waste our time asking why knowing we'll never get the answer. Most of the time even if we knew why it wouldn't or couldn't change anything.

To answer your question, the reason I dress is because it just feels right. From putting on a bra and panties after my shower in the morning to wearing my nighty to bed just feels perfectly natural and right.

The question I always have found difficult to answer is does this outfit look good on me?

Not only do Texans do it, we do it bigger and better than anyone else! http://www.tamaracroft.co.uk/Smilies/Big%20grin.gif
Pamela, if you Texans don't stop bragging we'll cut Alaska in half and make Texas the third largest state in the union :D

-Paula-

flatlander_48
10-01-2008, 08:34 AM
Why? Everytime I hear this I'm reminded of the story I heard about a student in a philosophy class. The last queston on the final exam was simply "Why?" Others in the class wrote multiple pages to answer the question and failed; he simply answered "Why not?" and passed with flying colors.

I think too often we waste our time asking why knowing we'll never get the answer. Most of the time even if we knew why it wouldn't or couldn't change anything.

To answer your question, the reason I dress is because it just feels right. From putting on a bra and panties after my shower in the morning to wearing my nighty to be just feels perfectly natural and right.

The question I always have found difficult to answer is does this outfit look good on me?

-Paula-

As a friend was told once by a Taiwanese:

"Maybe you think too much?"

Jonianne
10-01-2008, 04:56 PM
I stopped asking "Why?" when I learned to just peacefully accept and be OK with myself just as I am.