PDA

View Full Version : Feeling Misunderstood

2b.Lauren
09-30-2008, 08:16 AM
The majority of us would agree that our lives as crossdressers is highly misunderstood. I am wondering if this is also true for other areas of your life. I have felt completely misunderstood for most of my life, in just about every area of life. It has been very difficult for me to feel accepted, so I am curious how many of you have had the same experience. There are many areas I can mention: Sensitivity, Relationships, Weight and appearance, love and romance, intimacy. Thanks so much for reading.

Lauren

battybattybats
09-30-2008, 08:49 AM
Most definately!

School was not a fun place for me. Living in mostly rural towns and moving town several times I never fitted in to sports-loving aggressive macho 'bloke' culture being quite the geek, kind, gentle, reading voraciously and achieving academically I was frequently ostracised especially once getting to High School.

Karren H
09-30-2008, 09:37 AM
Nope.... I was never and I'm still not misunderstood... Matter of fact I get in trouble for being too well understood!! People don't always want to know why their plan is flawed but I'm not affraid to stand up and let them know even at the risk of being wrong and embarasing myself..

Same with the rest of my life... I think people uderstand me... They may not like it but they understand...

And I don't think that people that see me crossdressing misunderstand me.. Yeah.. I'm crossdressing.. They may not understand why. But then again I don't either.. And like I care.. I'm sure they probably don't like it... But I also don't care what they like or don't like..

But doing something that's not main stream in the publics eyes isn't necessarlly being misunderstood.... In my humble opinion.

Tasha McIntyre
09-30-2008, 09:57 AM
Hi Lauren. I am the total opposite I think.

I am quite well understood in all aspects of my life and I think I have a fair understanding of those around me. I am very successful in my life and profession so i do feel very fortunate in a lot of ways.

Getting my head around that fact that I was not the only crossdresser in the world and that there is nothing wrong with it etc did wonders for my brain. Bear in mind that except for my wonderful and (mostly) accepting wife I am fairly and squarely in the closet lol.

docrobbysherry
09-30-2008, 10:08 AM
Early on, I found many people to be boring if I was around them for long periods of time. I've always wanted to be let alone to do my own thing!

I've never WANTED to be understood. Because then u have to be understanding yourself! Not my strong suit!:straightface:

I certainly HOPE I'm misunderstood, now that I'm a CD!:D

Jocelyn Renee
09-30-2008, 11:33 AM
Like Karen, I've never really felt misunderstood and have always had a healthy self-esteem. Even in the midst of hating my compulsion to dress as a woman I was always comfortable with other aspects of my life.

I don't really expect others to understand my bi-gendered nature. I've had a lifetime to study it and I don't really understand it myself; how could they? I don't even expect acceptance from strangers; I just expect them to behave like adults and not intrude into my life any more than I intrude into theirs.

Besides, I truly believe that the overwhelming majority of people are capable of being comfortable with us. They have some fears and misunderstandings, but all they really need is one of us with an inviting smile and a willingness to answer their questions. Hold you head up high, smile, and know that you're worthy. You'll be surprised at what a difference that can make.

Edyta_C
09-30-2008, 11:34 AM
Yeah, once I got my head around this being OK and not crazy made me feel a bunch better. Thanks to you all here for helping me realize that I'm not crazy and not alone! Once I accept that I am who I am and that's that I became so much better adjusted in the world. As long as my wife accepts as I am, I could care less about the other crazy "normal" people.

Thanks to all you girls for being here!

Edyta

sterling12
09-30-2008, 03:49 PM
Well all the others have related how stable and untroubled is their existance. That's wonderful, but I don't think it's the norm. I believe that most people that bother to actually consider and examine their lives are often filled with fears and doubts. Certainly a lot of feelings about being misunderstood.

It can be argued that for a lot of CD's it's often a case of being overly sensitive to other people and other situations; perhaps we are just "hardwired" in that way. I know I see it in myself and in many others. But, if you read much literature you will see that conflict and feelings of isolation and misunderstanding are almost always a feature of most plots, so I don't see it as an exclusive TG Phenomenon.

To quote Henry David Thoreau: "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation." Doesn't that pretty much cover it?

Peace and Love, Joanie