PDA

View Full Version : Are you manly?

Jill
09-30-2008, 12:25 PM
As a guy, I think I am pretty manly. I like to watch and play sports, I'm kind of loud and not shy. I'm fairly big and I grow a beard so I think I'm pretty manly, pretty manly for a guy who enjoys wearing womens clothing. I'm bringing this up because the though of other manly men knowing about this particular part of me is very intimidating.

I want to know where all the other manly men are out there? When I feel intimidated at thought of other manly men knowing this about me, I want to know that they might have the same types of things in their closet as well. Speak up men!

connie johnson
09-30-2008, 12:36 PM
Jill.

althought i'm not uber male, i do like manly things also. fishing, scuba diving, football and NASCAR and i have a beard. i wonder the very same things about most of the men out there. i think more people than we know are crossdressers and, like myself, would never admit it to people we interact with everyday. i"m herero and do not want to be a woman, I just like wearing the clothing. it feels so good it is sad that society has a hangup with it. i just want to be able to walk around outside in nylons, heels and a dress. they are so comfortable.

connie.

Deborah Jane
09-30-2008, 12:44 PM
You,d never guess by looking at "the guy" he,s a c/der [apart from the plucked eyebrows :doh:]
In guy mode i regularly go boxing and weight training, i also build hot cars [and race em] and go boozing with my mates down the pub!
I may not be an alpha male, but i,m great mates with the guy who is!!

Karren H
09-30-2008, 12:45 PM
I'm almost manly enough to pass as a male.. But its getting harder.. And I'm not big... Or strong but I'm not puney either... I'm active and loud and I play ice hockey.. And we have women in our league that can redefine the term "manly". :)

I stayed up till 12:30 watching MNF!! Go steelers!! How manley is that? Of coarse while watching the game I spent half my time with my laptop posting and looking at makeup tips online!! Lol

I can be manly if I want to.. Ok definately maybe... sometimes I can be manly!! I think... ..

Kate Simmons
09-30-2008, 12:46 PM
I would say a lot of it is probably in the eye of the beholder Jill. I don't particularly consider myself manly or womanly for that matter, just consider myself a person.:)

MJ
09-30-2008, 12:49 PM
as a guy my co workers gave me a nick name .. princess..
so the answer is no not manly

Tasha McIntyre
09-30-2008, 12:50 PM
Jill, great thread.

I echo Connie's thoughts. I'm very male on the outside 6 ft 2, 90kgs (200lbs) am in the gym 5 times a week and used to kick box competitively. I drink beer with my mates and love the football (thats Australian football or AFL).

I suspect that there are many "manly" types that, like us, just happen to love the feel of girly clothing. No one would suspect that my favourite attire is my little black dress, or my denim mini skirt.

Janet Bern
09-30-2008, 12:54 PM
I am a pretty manly guy and noone knows I am a CD. I do go out dressed and am pretty tall. Very good athlete and played contact sports into my 40's
As we get older we probably lose some of the testosterone (which is good) which reduces the asshole man that is in us. We become more civilized and able to play girlie more often. Good luck with moving on. The beard has to go if you are going out dressed. LOL
Janet

Katy Dee
09-30-2008, 12:55 PM
Hello Jill. Does it really matter if you are manly or not?iI am sure you have people love you,the way you are whether it be man or woman! I am the partner of a Cd and at times he is all man and at others all woman. I love them both! I can feel womanly when he is a man and a lesbian when she is CDing. I am the lucky one! Just be whoever you are and stop worrying. Enjoy the moment!
Hugs Katy Dee

Alice B
09-30-2008, 01:03 PM
There is no question that people see me as manly (wow would they be in for a shock). I have two college degrees in Physical Education, have been involved in a wide variety of sports and have been chairman or president of many associations associated with sports. But, when Alice is present she is as female and soft as possible. Just don't piss her off!:daydreaming:

karentvca
09-30-2008, 01:05 PM
Nope... not a bit... except for the hairy chest and back (ugh!)...

MustangGirl
09-30-2008, 01:10 PM
I would say I am kind of manly. I enjoy sports, mostly football, and motorsports. In fact I used to build and drive open wheel sprint cars, and have raced wearing panties and pantyhose under my fire proof longjohns and drivers uniform.

Tina B.
09-30-2008, 01:16 PM
Yes i would have to say I am manly, Nascar fan, and can hang and drink with the best of them, my main sport is politics, but the wife says I can be a bully about it, so I try to keep it in check. I love the outdoors, and camp as much as I can, and I too, wear a beard at least part of the year. i don't think anyone I know would think of me if the subject of crossdressers came up. But as I age I get more feminine year by year.
Tina B.

Xochiquetzal
09-30-2008, 01:35 PM
Well I actually practice Judo, and I just recently had a bear and a mustache.

susan2010
09-30-2008, 02:03 PM
You had a bear???!!! Wow, That's manly!
all kidding aside, I consider myself fairly manly: very handy with carpentry. Reads a lot of military history, loves the Phila Eagles and Phillies. Used to own a Ak-47 and a m-1 Garand. Campout, canoe, kyack, etc. I just have this thing about girls undies.

Sarah...
09-30-2008, 02:06 PM
I don't know. I really don't know. For example I cycle up and down ridiculous grades and over ludicrous obstacles on my mountain bike and some people, including my mother, see that as a manly kind of activity. Yet on big 100km events I find myself being overtaken by women. So, first conclusion, I'm not as fit as I could be!! Second conclusion - mountain biking is actually a womanly type of sport. Well, that's a nonsense conclusion clearly, and I hold my hands up to that, I'm just being a bit challenging!

Surely there isn't really a set of activities that are manly?

What about asking women who go fishing or scuba diving or who play football (soccer here I suppose) if they feel manly?

I fish, cycle, stargaze, garden, read, windsurf, photograph and read a lot. I feel like I usually feel when I do these things - engaged and active. Mostly when I do these things I perceive myself as a woman.

I accept the point on moustaches and beards though, they are kind of manly!!

Sarah...

mollytyler
09-30-2008, 02:15 PM
Unmanly in the traditional sense...was always small framed and into "other" things even when young....but love sports-mostly as a spectator....but then again isn't SHOPPING a varsity sport?????

tealannette
09-30-2008, 02:39 PM
Yeah, I'm manly. Tattoos, beard, beer drinking and football, wheeling in big trucks. I'd give it all up for 24/7 cd'ing rather than to have to hide who and what REALLY makes me.......well...me. :)

kimmy p
09-30-2008, 02:44 PM
Manly or Macho??? Certainly not macho. But... I have spent years fighting with sword and shield, creating and fighting combat robots, hunting, fishing, football is my favorite sport. In many ways I am manly. But some of the typical manly attitudes really bother me, and I prefer to think of myself as androgynous. With the best of both worlds.

PhillyGuy2Girl
09-30-2008, 02:48 PM
I'm very manly,love all the guy stuff.Love football,trains,cars,planes and most sports.In fact I just arrived back from Chicago last night. I went to the Eagles - Bears game Sunday night(Why couldn't the Eagles get the ball in the end zone being on the Bears one?) No one would be able to tell that I'm a CDer unless I would tell them. My wife has told me that (not sound like I'm bragging here) that I'm good looking guy and manly and good looking when dressed femme, outside of being 6' 3" and my hands look manly that I might almost pass. Thats what I love about CDing,having the best of both worlds.

Felicity :)

Sasha Anne Meadows
09-30-2008, 02:54 PM
I am not manly at all. Don't play or follow sports. Am not good at fixing things. I look more appropriate as a girl.

Abby Lauren
09-30-2008, 02:55 PM
I used to be very athletic and into a lot of sports- especially basketball, tennis, saber fencing and competitive swimming. However, inside, I always felt that the true me would have preferred to have been born a girl.

Ruth
09-30-2008, 03:11 PM
Can I just repeat Karren's comment, "I'm almost manly enough to pass as a male." That's me too.
I make an effort to seem fairly manly for the family's sake but my heart's not in it. I guess this has been a burden all my adult life.
I think sports are pointless, I forget what brand of car I drive (but it's red!). I love drama, art, literature, photography. I've got a girly-type creative job in publishing.
Heavens, I do believe I see a trend...

Amy Rose
09-30-2008, 03:14 PM
I do consider myself manly away from CDing.
I enjoy sport alot and i do a bit of electronics but when dressed I am a elegant and graceful woman.

Ze xx
09-30-2008, 03:18 PM
My SO is a very masculine man, likes sports, especially rugby, grows a beard when he's not dressing, enjoys a pint or two of ale etc, but he's not a macho man.

If he was a macho man he probably wouldn't have interested me in the first place :D

crusadergirl
09-30-2008, 03:22 PM
I'm not very manly at all i don't go out drinking. I train in the gym amd i watch football. I trained to be a wrestler and in mma but still i don't think i'm manly I'm just me and i like what i like. :eek:

Samantha43
09-30-2008, 03:30 PM
I guess I would be considered manly. All of my hobbies and activities are manly.....except one. ;)

PamelaTX
09-30-2008, 03:30 PM
Yeah I am. I never enjoyed watching sports much (although my wife loves all types of sports) but I did like to play a lot. I'm too old now, but I used to play football, softball, basketball and track. I was in the army, worked on construction and in a factory. I spend most of my free time outdoors tromping through the woods. (Do you have any idea what Texas greenbriar can do to pantyhose? Or to your skin, for that matter?)

In my femme clothes I prefer elegant and classy, almost the direct the opposite of my drab clothes.

Amy07
09-30-2008, 03:37 PM
Cool post.
For me, I am manly most of my life, and do the manly things we tout here. Amy is part of my persona, and I try to balance dressing with everyday life. I enjoy the different perspective as a crossdresser. That's why girls wear pants, I think!

Alana65
09-30-2008, 03:39 PM
I think so, but I've never asked anybody directly.

Michelle42
09-30-2008, 04:47 PM
Not very manly, but not too feminine either.

My brain is male (I like science), but my personality is far from "macho" - I like to sing and I've never been competitive. I enjoy mainly non-competitive sports (running, MTBing). The exception is soccer, as long as it is not too competitive.

My body is unmanly in some aspects (not very muscular, no chest hair, small hands) but "manly" in others (an enormous hooter, a receding hairline, over 6 feet tall ... well ... I could go on :) ).

Alana65
09-30-2008, 05:08 PM
Not very manly, but not too feminine either.

My body is unmanly in some aspects (not very muscular, no chest hair, small hands) but "manly" in others (an enormous hooter, a receding hairline, over 6 feet tall ... well ... I could go on :) ).

I'm assuming you mean "nose"...........here in the States, a "hooter" is a breast........unless you really meant you have one large breast:D:heehee: ?

Bridgette T
09-30-2008, 05:20 PM
I definitely fall into the people would never guess category - unless they pulled up a pants leg to see a very tan, waxed leg. I'm 6"1' and 225 and usually wear a very, very short goatee (so it can go away and come back in a few days), with my shaved head. I used to take ma/mma classes,played football and wrestled,and I was even employed for a very short while in college as a doorman, so I guess I am pretty much a manly guy.

On the flipside, I am definitely girly at times. Otherwise I would not be on this board.

Michelle42
09-30-2008, 05:21 PM
Really? :D

Well, if my European hooter transforms into a nice pair of American hooters upon coming to US, I'd better start planning a vacation there right away! :)

Vicki65
09-30-2008, 05:30 PM
I guess I am.

I am an engineer by trade. I do it for a hobby too. I usually have oil under my fingernails. I watch football (the proper game, not that padded up American version) and my job might be regarded as a bit macho too.

The fact that I like to totter around in the highest spikiest heels I can get my hands on, whilst hobbled by a tight leather skirt just *might* intimidate my contemporaries :D

jennifer easton
09-30-2008, 05:31 PM
Well yeah, bout as manly as you can get, thats why I still have so much guilt, the women in my life that know about Jennifer were at first, shocked! theres no way YOU are, Yes I am, NO WAY!, well as for any of my male friends, for them to know is not an option, My life would be a living HELL! if any of them knew! but doesn't change the fact that my closet has so much Girly outfits in it, as I sit here and type out this answer I have on a short tennis skirt a thong a matching Bra, a cute little tank top and some girly tennies so no your not alone, there's not enough makeup to make me passable but I still have the need to try, Jennie's in here and all the fishing and football and guy hobby's that I do won't make her go a way, I have tried early in my life to get her to go, but she's still here and now I'm starting to love her Jennifer

wishonastar
09-30-2008, 05:47 PM
I hate sports; I am a vegetarian because I love animals. I think hunting is sickening but support the need since we wiped out the predators.

I never liked cars, and do not hang out with the boys, actually I do not have any male friends. Do not play poker used to as a kid.

Prefer to be around women. Am comfortable when they talk about girl things around me or even to me, which has been done. Would not mind going shopping with my wife if she would get me a nice gown and matching shoes!

I do not like that thing down there and wish I had breasts.

I will protect myself and family with a vengeance and like working with tools, fixing things, gardening and girl watching.

So I would say I am not very manly.

Toni_Lynn
09-30-2008, 06:08 PM
Hmm .. hate sports, not into cars, don't drink, and am generally pretty gentle and soft spoken. That may not make me manly in the eyes of some.

But were it counts, defending my wife and my family, and standing as a bulwark which evil must contend with before getting to her, and being willing to place my life on the line to save hers. Anyone who dares offend my wife will have deal with a wrath that I will unleash upon them, and I will take no prisoners. As an added bonus, I'll even do while wearing a skirt! If that is your idea of manly, than I am it 100%.

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

Gina's dress-up
09-30-2008, 06:26 PM
I enjoy the outdoors with my family and friends, we go hunting, fishing, camping,etc. once I went with my toenails painted. I think some one,saw the nails,because they were saying manicure alot,I just went alone.

Maria2222
09-30-2008, 06:36 PM
27 years in construction as a project manager/superintendent building wastewater plants. Hands on leading by example to get the work done. My wife used to call me a "man's man" before she learned about Maria.
I've done a little feminizing in the last few years shaping the eyebrows, epilating my face, trimming my arm air, etc. but still am the leader on the construction site while being Maria in my private life.
Life can be good.

angelfire
09-30-2008, 07:21 PM
I'm definitely manly. I don't shave or wax anything other than my face yet, so I have a lot of body hair, I'm 6'2, 230lbs. Sometimes I grow a beard if I feel like it. I like to change up my facial hair.

I don't like a lot of "manly" things though. I don't watch sports, and the only sports I really do is swimming & badminton. I don't care about cars, I'm not a huge handy-man. I don't watch TV at all, I don't drink beer (I'm more a liquor man). I am still definitely viewed as manly though by everyone I know. I have taken sword handling courses, I want to get into kickboxing at some point, and I am pretty decent with technology. I am manly, but more of a manly geek.

justmetoo
09-30-2008, 09:44 PM
What's "manly"?

Given the many responses that talk about things like sports and cars I guess I'm not much into a lot of those traditionally manly things, but I'm not exactly "womanly" either, I think. I like what I like (and no matter what I'm wearing). I'm just me. :battingeyelashes:

Sarasometimes
09-30-2008, 10:13 PM
What do you think? I have a dirty and dangerous occupation, I used to kayak class V whitewater rivers, guide rafting trips, good with carpentry and building stuff, watch hockey and football. But then again i used to hide my clothes in those same kayaks. I can be just as happy all made up getting a french pedicure and reading Glamour. I hope to think, best of both worlds.

Jessicaparkson
09-30-2008, 10:33 PM
Well first I'm nearly 6'4 and I'm not petite if you get my drift? Next to that though I'm not what you'd call manly. I don't really like cars, or sports (euro football being the exception sometimes). I don't have a "manly" job and my temperament has been called feminine more than once (what patience, caring, and a genuine drive to help people can't be manly?). So I guess if you look past my exterior I'm not all that manly.

Inachis
09-30-2008, 10:44 PM
sweetie,

I am over 6'5", and weigh around 270lbs. I played Football in high school, and then went to college on a athletic scholarship. I work in a very male dominated feild. I am as manly as they come, but I still love to crossdress, and you should too.

Ria
09-30-2008, 11:19 PM
Yeah I would say that I'm an Alpha Male and have been referred to as such. I grow scruff on my face, I'm physically fit with a muscular build- broad shoulders...
I'm a hunter,
I enjoy ATVing,
I love WWII history especially firearms,
I own several and enjoy pistol shooting, and long range rifle shooting.
I like anything military,
I'm a commercial pilot,
I run a small business,
and above all...

I absolutely love to shave my legs, wear pantyhose as often as I can, I wear skirts and dresses, I have a growing shoe fetish, and will be buying a wig for the first time and wearing make-up for a Halloween party for which I am attending in total secrecy.

Talk about an identity crisis!

Jaclyn NM
09-30-2008, 11:35 PM
Well, I think I'm pretty manly. Let's see: I played varsity football, basketball, baseball, and track in high school, I played two years of football in college, I played one year of rugby in the Air Force, I served a year in Viet Nam, I watch football all weekend long during the season, and play golf as much as I can, and I work out at least five days a week. And whenever I can, I slip on some thigh high stockings and 5 inch stilettos, because I love it, and it makes me happy, but I'm still a guy. I'm sure that guys who don't do this would never understand, but that's their problem, not mine.

Kate Lynn
09-30-2008, 11:38 PM
I'm as manly as they get.

LilSissyStevie
09-30-2008, 11:44 PM
No, I'm just a sissy.

Zenith
09-30-2008, 11:51 PM
Well...

+ Guy
I love cars and auto racing, plan on buying a Ducati...love military history and use to war game with a bunch of vets...like model trains and am very good at fixing stuff...love weapons and blades...:heehee:

-Guy
I'm physically weak with a femme body, hate sports, becoming vegetarian, love ballet, very sensitive and emotional, always felt like a woman inside, love fashion, clothes, shoes, jewelry, pantyhose, love feeling pretty, and yes I desperately want to fully transition and 24/7 (but don't know if I can afford the high cost to my life)...:sad:

So I'm confused...what was the question?
:idontknow:

I'm as manly as they get.

Why am I now stuck whistling "Colonel Bogey" over and over and over after seeing your pic?

:roflmao:

bah-bah-bobbie
10-01-2008, 12:04 AM
Stereotypicaly speaking I am not manly in that I do not like or even care about any kind of sport. Football, baseball, nascar, it's all equally pointless to me. During my drinking days I liked wine coolers and fruity mixed drinks. I am manly in that I am very handy around the house, car, motorbike, anything else that can be broked, can be fixed. If I can't fix it, I can probly make a new one. I'm 6'4", 155-160ish pounds, shoulder length hair, fu-man-chu mustache and soul patch both of which extend to my chin, and one arm (plus chest, stomach, and shoulder blades) almost fullly tattooed including a snake coiled around it with head on the back of my hand and the tounge stretching down my index finger. Make your own opinions on that one. The one thing I think canotradicts my non-manlyness is when I am harassed about not liking beer or sports I make no apology. My response is I don't like beer and sports, I don't have to like beer and sports, and you can't f****n make me like beer and sports. Deal with it. Being comfortable with yourself IMHO is pretty manly. Or womanly as athe case may be.

docrobbysherry
10-01-2008, 12:18 AM
Does doing manly things, and looking manly make u a REAL man? I don't think so. At least, not in my case.

I've been involved in sports, playing and watching, my whole life. I still bike, snowboard, SCUBA, body surf and skim board. I work on my classic Lincoln convertible and do most household repairs myself. Camp, fish, boat, hike, etc. I have a closet full of guns, ( the girlie stuff is in the other one!). And won't cut off my facial hair. I drink whenever I'm out socially, usually whatever is available. I own my own business, but hate taking or giving orders. I think like a man, and haven't a clue about how women think/feel.

Yet I think I'm a wimp. When I was younger, a lot of guys rubbed me the wrong way. But when it came to fighting, I usually backed down. With most women, I let them control me too much. That ruined my marriage.

I started CDing about 10 years ago. But I was a wimp before then!:sad:

Jess_cd32
10-01-2008, 02:43 AM
Very manly by day hon, you can tell by my scars and burns etc... from the type of different work I do.... I know just what your saying, yea there's alot of us here, I wondered the same when I joined what types of people I would meet here, their all cool, manly or otherwise, like a big happy family.

Kal
10-01-2008, 04:48 AM
I guess I could be considered manly. I play alot of sports, Rugby, Football, I do two martial arts and have a vast collection of Katanas. I have alot of body hair (at the moment) and more recently been asked to join the local American Football team.

Though no-one knows that I like to dress-up in private.

Jocelyn Renee
10-01-2008, 10:20 AM
I'd say I fit most of the traditional definitions of being manly. At age 46 I can still dominate my 16 & 26 year old sons in football/basketball, mountain biking, and inline skating. I love fast cars, motorcycles, action movies, and big slabs of semi raw meat. There are other qualities, though, that I have always considered to be more manly than any of those things. Being a good husband and father, a willingness to lead in times of trouble, facing the unknown even though you are afraid - these are a better mark of manliness and they can all be done while wearing a dress.

Cary
10-01-2008, 10:27 AM
I would say no. Eventhou I don't go out cd, people I know and strangers alike often regaurd me as more femm. I'm not trying to be femm in public. It just comes out.

fluffy_kingston
10-01-2008, 01:22 PM
Facial hair removal and eyebrow plucking limit my masculinity. No problem passing though.

I do love football though.

unclejoann
10-01-2008, 07:10 PM
If manly means watching sports then leave me out completely. If it means topping trees with a chainsaw or building a new room on the house singlehanded then I am in.

trisha59
10-06-2008, 01:04 PM
In boy mode I am all male. My friends would never believe it if someone told them about Trisha. I think feel and act male. When I become Trisha I like to believe that I think act and feel female. Although the intellectual in me says that there is no way that I could possibly know how it feel to be female. One of the reasons I do CD is to achieve that balance. How else would I know what my SO means when she tells me how much of a pain it is to use the restroom while wearing a dress.
Trisha

Joanne f
10-06-2008, 01:16 PM
Just curious, can`t a woman play football and other sports , i would like to know of a sport a man can do that a woman can`t. :doh:

joanne :fairy2:

Bridged
10-06-2008, 02:14 PM
I don't know if you want GG's to reply, but, I am....

My husband is about as "manly" as it gets. His profession is a carpenter, he is a "shadetree mechanic" (meaning he has fixed all of my car problems in the driveway), he plays paintball on the weekends, he drinks beer, he farts, he burbs, he doesn't shave for days, he may not even shower.
On the other hand, sports mean very little to him and his kids are the pride, joy and meaning of his life.
I think "manly" is a word, it's meaning subjective.
I find my husband to be quite "manly"
He is self-absorbed, and forgets that I exist except when he is hungry or horny! Isn't that the definition of manly?
Just kidding, he's a great guy.

Schatten Lupus
10-06-2008, 02:30 PM
Before I tore my ACL, I used to be a very talented, and well balanced athlete. I could play damned near any sport, and could play many different positions on various team sports. I could out lift the football team, out run the track team, and out maneuver the wrestling team. I was even an independent pro-wrestler. I could probably still do that, but I have put my body through so much hell already, that I have completely lost the edge for it.
After I off my feet for several months, and lost most of my athletic prowess, I hung up the wrestling boots, and dusted off my guitar and bass. I have been in a few bands, doing guitar for one of them, vocals for a couple of them, but I mainly play bass, which is what I play in my current band. All of my bands though, have been nothing but the heaviest of skull splitting death and black metal imaginable.

KimberlyS
10-06-2008, 02:51 PM
Let me see, I am wearing bra, forms, pantie; with jeans, sleeveless tee and work boots covered with paint, accessorized with a tool belt and 18volt drill putting up electrical fixtures in our house that I have spent most of the year doing a major remodeling to it over doubling our square footage. I have done most of the work myself with some help. The people that have helped me would have no clue what I have on under or that I have been out to the lumber/hardware stores in full femme mode.

kimberlys-cd
joe in a skirt

Willa
10-06-2008, 07:40 PM
It seems that I'm a contradiction in all terms and in all ways! I'm very manly, not alpha male but I'm considered a "man's man", I play and watch sports, drive a tractor, normally have a 5o'clock shadow, and do everything a "real" man does.

But underneath all that is a high heel, makeup and panty wearing, crossdresser who goes around with painted toe nails and ladies garments, loves "Project Runway" and the NY Football Giants, enjoys stupid male jokes and pranks, and cries during "Shakespeare in Love".

Many men are intimidated by me in real life for some reason which in some way gives mye the confidence to be who I am... Does trhat make sense?...

Willa
10-06-2008, 07:44 PM
The long and short of it I guess is that we all have two sides to ourselves some more pronouced that others.........

susan fuller
10-06-2008, 07:50 PM
In my male mode I am very manly. I cut down trees, wrastle large trees, and am an avet motorcycle rider. But I like it when I am dressed up as a woman and feeling really pretty. A nice dress and some stockings with a great pair of high heels beats anything else. I work hard as a man but feel really great as a woman.

Jennifer Brooks
10-06-2008, 07:58 PM
Yeah, I am manly and at my job, you pretty much better be manly and not feminine. I do think about being feminine at work and out in public but I am loud and defensive and so I think I am very manly but a panty wearing CD underneath.

serinalynn
10-06-2008, 08:25 PM
I don't think I am overly manly, I work a manly profession as an electroplater, I do routine maintenance around my house and I change the oil in my own car, though it's now almost less expensive to have some one else do it. I do wear womens clothing while working on the house and changing oil.

On saturdays i go shopping for womens clothes while wearing womens clothing then eat lunch out, and if nothing else to do I'll watch some college Football. And of course i'll get online and say a few words on this forum

I suppose I am some what manly and some what feminine and I do favor my feminine side.:daydreaming::heehee:

justmetoo
10-06-2008, 09:10 PM
For some reason this thread is starting to remind me of "The Lumberjack Song"... :heehee:

Evey
10-06-2008, 10:18 PM
Jill,

I'm only 20 but I'm extremely manly for my age. I work out rigorously every day and maintain an 8% body fat. I'm highly into Martial Arts and Self Defense. And sadly I'm quite political as well.

All in all, I would be the LAST guy that my friends suspect to be a CD out of my group of friends.

Farrah
10-06-2008, 10:23 PM
I'm the type of man you wouldn't suspect as being a cd. I am quite manly, not as manly as some.

joann426
10-06-2008, 10:35 PM
i am manly to at nite i am so fem i do exactly what every man duz but i keep my hands clean and fem looking and shower with vanalla body wash blabla!!!:heehee:

2b.Lauren
10-07-2008, 07:33 AM
I refuse to allow society to sterotype me in that way. Am I considered manly because I do manly things, by whose standards. If a little girl plays with a truck does that make her masculine, or if a little boy enjoys playing with dolls (even GI Joe) does that make him feminine. I believe this is more of societies labels and not very true to our human nature at all. Am I less a man because I can make a great souffle but can't really fix my car. Am I more a women because I wear and buy lingerie. Honestly, they are just garments, and who says they are only fem or masculine, not us surely, but society? Are there unique and very different emotional and chemical components that make us male/female yes, but I also feel we share many more of those same coponents, they just come out differently. So I am not the sterotype. I am a guy that happens to love being as female as he can as often as he can. On Saturday I cheer on my favorite college team Go Bama, Roll Tide, sometimes in a t-shirt, and a pair of shorts. Other times in skirt and heels, just not when my friends are over or the family is in the house.

Meg East
10-07-2008, 07:38 AM
Very manly. No one, except for my wife, we suspect me of being cd.
At work, I am the alpha male.

PrettyFlowingGown
10-07-2008, 07:59 AM
Hmmmm, this is a subject I dont like, cause I'm trying to tone down my manly role. Its weird, cause since I moved away from my family on my own, I've adapted to my new independant lifestyle quite well. I dress so much, that I'm acting femme while in male mode. A few people have questioned if I'm gay, which I've never minded. I'm quite comfy who I am. But yesterday, I shaved my entire chest again, and it looks good.
But when I'm in man mode, with knickers and cami underneath, I go bikeriding, a couple of light beers over at the rsl. I love my music shops buying CDs and DVDs. I love the AFL. St Kilda are my footy side.
I'm angry that I got tatoos when I was 19 to 22. Both my upper arms are covered, which I regret.

Ann D Bluebird
10-07-2008, 08:20 AM
No one would ever have described me as an "alpha male", being assertive and decisive doesn't always come naturally to me, nor am I aggressive........what else might "manly" mean??? I really am not sure.

Is it the opposite of "effeminate"....well that doesn't well describe me either...

I am me.

Bonnie D
10-07-2008, 08:25 AM
I am manly but not usually in a very macho way. I am calm and easy going. When I was younger I played all the sports; ice hockey (being my favourite and best at), baseball and football. The positions I played needed strength but not bulk so I would never lift weights. I did not want bulging muscles. In hockey, I was a goaltender so I needed quick reflexes and I had big guys around me. In baseball, I was a catcher to keep my reflexes sharp. In football, I was a wide receiver so I needed speed and good hands.

No one ever suspected that I had a very strong feminine side. I camouflaged it well. Even in my style of dress. I dressed like a tough guy who could handle himself, which I could, I just didn't like fighting so I would do everything I could do to avoid them, except back down. I got a lot of respect for that and rarely ever had to fight. My image and my sports activities would not allow me to act effeminately in any way.

Bonnie

Jennifer Devine
10-07-2008, 08:30 AM
I like doing manly things but about 75% of me is feminine.
I've always noticed throughout my life that i've never liked getting dirty when playing sports or wearing certain items of mens clothing.
Nothing that i've ever worn has ever screamed manly.

When i'm Jennifer, i feel more complete and comfortable with everything i wear and i feel like i should have always been a woman.
I like playing football, playing computer games and going out drinking but that's about it.
The rest of me is all woman ;)

Jennifer xxxxxxx

Tracy Hazel Lee
10-07-2008, 09:11 PM
Lemme see,... I don't watch sports, I don't drink beer, I don't enjoy watching UFC, I've been in probably two fights in my entire life, and I weigh around 140 lbs...... Not exactly intimidating.

On the flipside, I enjoy chick-flicks and girly TV shows, I mostly drink coolers and/or mixed drinks, I pluck my eyebrows, shave my legs and armpits, have both ears pierced, grow my nails, and prefer the company of women...

Conclusion? ... Not very manly.

Oh well... If anyone needs me, I'll just be over here doing my makeup... :battingeyelashes:

sybercom11
10-08-2008, 11:35 AM
Not manly. I have skinny weak arms -- I am the kid from gym class who could not do a pullup or climb the rope. Not to mention I have always shaved everything smooth.

I have always liked sports that traditionally girls would do such as tennis and swimming as opposed to football or hunting.

I would rather do housework and other domestic things than watch football, although I do enjoy our local college and pro treams.

Donna Beebs
10-08-2008, 08:24 PM
Geez, I weigh over 300 pounds. I have a beard. I watch sports.
It's all I can do to underdress with panties and a bra.

I can never go out as a woman, I fear, and I do not want to particularly. I cannot find woman's shoes in my size.

But I like underdressing. And part of me wishes I was born a girl.:battingeyelashes:

Donna

MakalaDrew
10-08-2008, 09:56 PM
No, I am not manly. I shave all the hair off my body all the time. I played sports growing up but so do a lot of girls. As a very young boy I started dressing fem in my mothers or sister clothes and always prayed to become a girl. It is very hard to always live as a guy especially when in guy mode most people call me Michelle as a joke. They really don't know.

So I would be fem all the time. When I work out it feels weird to be in the locker room with guys around and naked. I always make sure to wear a towel over my breast and below. I do check them out though on occassion!! Ha!

Crystal Galadriel
10-09-2008, 12:00 AM
I think I'm relatively manly. I make a big deal out of NFL football every Sunday. I'm a pretty hairy guy, I grew a beard at 14 and still have a goatee which I keep all the time (don't plan on every going out dressed). I like stereotypical "manly" things like video games and action movies and explosions. I'm a big computer geek, a field which attracts very few females.

Then again, I like watching sweet/cute/sappy movies about as much as action ones. I'm a rather short guy, my SO is taller than I am, and I've got a medical condition that makes it difficult to gain weight, so I've got a very slim frame. I've only ever seriously played sports once, a rec basketball team when I was younger, but didn't really like it, and never have been interested in much physical activity. I think about being female pretty much daily and wish I could be a girl every night.

So, maybe I'm not that manly. 60/40 manly?

Bethany_Anne_Fae
10-09-2008, 02:43 AM
Yes, I am as manly as I need to be when its required. Most of my good friends know all about me, even the males. Good or bad, I dont care what they think. I'm livin my life on MY terms ;)

*hugs*

Zara

Margot
10-09-2008, 06:33 AM
I often see men at the mall with beards or otherwise not quite clean shaven wearing boots or otherwise looking scruffy and think to myself I could never want to look like that. I love some sports but am not competitive.
I do look like a man but not truly manly and that's fine by me.
Am I tough?no. Could I whip Karren's butt in hockey? Probably. Would I want to? Not really she's too darling.:tongueout
Margot

morgan51
10-09-2008, 07:27 AM
I am no longer manly gave up trying a long time back. My body hair is all removed with long nails and perm makeup tattooed in place no beard anymore. what a nice change. 2 earrings in each ear, breasts are becomming visible want to be fem full time but not able to because of work perhaps when I retire.

emmicd
10-09-2008, 11:31 PM
I'm secure in my manhood and I am straight.

I love wearing womens clothes and connect to my feminine side quite easily but this I feel does not diminish my manhood.

I very much love beautiful women and am glad being a husband and father.

I also appreciate feminine fashion.

emmi

Sammy777
10-10-2008, 05:55 AM
If I had to describe my male look in one word: Biker lol

I'm a straight guy, avg height [5'8"] I have long hair and usually have some sort of facial hair ranging from a short go-t to a full on beard.

When I'm not dressed in a more civilized manner like dress shirts, nice pants, shoes, suits, ect., I wear t-shirts, jeans, cowboy boots and leather jackets
[including a motorcycle jacket weather permitting].

I like baseball & motorsports.
I work on my own cars and house.
I can hollow out a quarter with a .45 from a fair distance.
I like fishing [if you consider drifting around the ocean for a few hours not caring if I catch anything fishing]
I have no fingernails [but I blame that on playing guitar]

So if you were to see/meet me in person you would never think that I have this other side to me.

Dragster
10-10-2008, 06:11 AM
My wife married a manly man in 1969, and still wants me that way. I'm very happy to comply most of the time because I thoroughly enjoy my manly side. Trouble is, she wants me to be manly 100% of the time, and I just feel the need to wear female clothing from time to time. I don't feel feminine when I do, but I love to see a feminine image staring back at me from the mirror, and I love to feel my corseted waist, my stockinged legs and male body through a layer of satin, especially if I'm also wearing long satin gloves. And that feeling still turns me on sexually, even after 50+ years of CDing.

Tony

Juanita O
10-10-2008, 08:45 AM
Hi Jill

The answer to your question is, I played football, I hunt, shoot my guns, I watch NASCAR. I shoot my compound bow. I played basketball. I was also in the military(Army& AirForce). But I also like my Female side alot.

marieanne
10-10-2008, 09:44 AM
Well i fight fires for a living. I suppose that makes you manly. or does it? I do love all the things that make me a man. well maybe not all the things. lol. but according to my wife size doesn't matter.LOL LOL. Baseball,football (go Browns) hunting,fishing. making love to my wife. it's all relevant to what you are looking at or how you look at it. All the manly stuff is great but let me tell you when I get the chance to dress like a woman, there isn't another feeling like it.

suchacutie
10-10-2008, 02:11 PM
We all talk about the "clues" we project in whatever gender we are presenting.

My wife married a man...broad shoulders, strong arms, v. strong legs, facial hair, etc. Of course, she's not interested in losing the man she married, so there is a challenge that when Tina shows up, she has to downplay some of these features in order to project her femininity. So, except for the eyebrows and the body that is much more cared for (nails, moisturized skin, etc.) the guy in me still throws around a chain saw like a toothpick during the day, and then puts on makeup and a short skirt and heels for the evening!

He is he, and Tina is Tina :)

tina

SexyLatexSamantha
10-10-2008, 09:08 PM
My g/f sees me as manly. I am though. I have the goatee, work on vehicles. Work in a warehouse. When I see other guys, I actually think what they are wearing under their pants. Are they wearing female underpants or regular guy shorts. There are lots of manly men out there that like to dress. No one would know I dress by looking at me. But, I guess that is half the fun.

_Cecilie_
10-10-2008, 09:29 PM
I'm by some known more or less as a handyman, engineer, mechanic, racecar driver, computer expert, athlete and technical. Some also call me iceman and I tend to take charge in many situations. Manly sides I dont know. But I enjoy my "manly sides", but wonder why I feel so manly, and other times so feminine. It's almost like two extremes.

Scotty
10-11-2008, 12:10 AM
As a guy, I think I am pretty manly. I like to watch and play sports, I'm kind of loud and not shy. I'm fairly big and I grow a beard so I think I'm pretty manly, pretty manly for a guy who enjoys wearing womens clothing. I'm bringing this up because the though of other manly men knowing about this particular part of me is very intimidating.

I want to know where all the other manly men are out there? When I feel intimidated at thought of other manly men knowing this about me, I want to know that they might have the same types of things in their closet as well. Speak up men!

Nah never been manly man, SO thinks I'm pretty, but never got overly teased about it growing up, mainly people mistaking me for a GG half the time.

Most of all my friends are female too, mostly tomboys but some barbie dolls too..