PDA

View Full Version : Out for First Time! Advice Needed!!

sophie69
09-30-2008, 03:41 PM
Hi, I cant wait for the weekend.... my so and kids are away for the weekend and i am home aone.... i am intending to do the works (for the first time in ages).

I am also looking to go out and meet a local group on Sat night..... but i am terrified. i have only ever been in the house or the garden. How do i get to my car dressed without a neighbour seeing me? how do i act if they see me? Thankfully it will be dark, but its still going to be terrifying... what do i wear? skirt, jeans.... all these choices.... so exciting.....

Aggghhhhhh......!!

Please give me any pointers and help or advice.....

Thanx everso..... Sophie xx

Christine Kelly
09-30-2008, 03:55 PM
I say: 'Wear whatever you want. As long as you feel comfortable wearing it. That is what is most important.'
Then I would say: 'Don't worry about other people seeing you.
Most of the time, they are not really paying attention to others and may not even notice you, IF you are not looking all around to see if anyone is looking at you.'
And, last of all: 'As nervous as you may be, enjoy it! How often do you get the chance to go out dressed? So, try to relax and have fun!'

I personally think that relaxing and enjoying your time out, dressed, is the most important point, because if you are relaxed and having fun, others will pick up on that and enjoy interacting with you.

There. I hope this helps you out a bit. :)

MJ
09-30-2008, 03:59 PM
great just relax and act like you belong. then dress for comfort that will also help you. and just do it ... you'll be fine

Lisa Golightly
09-30-2008, 04:01 PM
Hmmmm... Don't drink too much wine ;)

lol... If in doubt... wear some jeans and flats and change into heels when you're there... Be comfortable rather than fearful. It should be about feeling chipper rather than hanging by your fingernails off a cliff edge :)

Go have fun...

Sheila
09-30-2008, 04:03 PM
whatever you do decide to wear do it with confidence, look rattled and nervous and somebody will look

sophie69
10-04-2008, 08:51 AM
thanx for al your comments, it is mucfh appreciated...

now what to wear lol

can you give me your thoiughts on these clothes... ignore the jewelery and shoes etc, will pick that to suit..... you know what its like, we know we all look beautiful in everything right!? (lol) but others opinions is much better...

thanx in anticipation x

sophie69
10-04-2008, 08:52 AM
and some more x

tamarav
10-04-2008, 08:54 AM
From looking at your pictures, you are going to do very well. Ignore the neighbors or anyone else that may be looking at you , they are only doing it out of envy. You look great. Just take your time and don't look like a victim, look like you are the star and that you belong there.

Above all else, have fun, you are doing this because you love it!

Your sis,

Tami

trisha59
10-04-2008, 09:27 AM
Sophie
I think that you look real cute in that white top and Jeans. Have a great time
Trisha

sophie69
10-04-2008, 09:30 AM
thanks trisha... the cropped or normal ones? i really wanted to wear a skirt though to feel most feminine?? might go for jeans though.... x

Holly
10-04-2008, 09:34 AM
Sophie, you look nice in all those outfits. My suggestion, pick the one that is most appropriate for where you are meeting your group and go out and enjoy yourself!

sophie69
10-04-2008, 09:38 AM
thanx holly..... not sure what i am goinhg into though!!?? Its a local group..... i have no idea how many will be there or what they will be like..... i would like to wear the pink and black outft (or the purple skirt) with the shoes in the pic with the short black skirt (cos they are comfortable and easy to walk in!) x

Carissa B.
10-04-2008, 10:23 AM
HI Sophie, Love your choice's on the skirts, they look great on you ! Going out dressed is a mind set, relaxe, enjoy and dont let anyone alter your perception of your self and how you want that evening to go. Other will enjoy you if you are enjoying yourself. Wish you the Best!
Carissa

Lora Olivia
10-04-2008, 10:50 AM
All the pics look great although I do believe that for an outing in which you are not trying to attract undue attention some of the skirts are a bit short. The last pic in the second set just screams well dressed woman to me. Main thing is be confidant and have fun

sophie69
10-04-2008, 12:36 PM
in the end i am going like this.... i will be wearing slightly different shoes 6though........ thanks for all your help.... x

susan fuller
10-04-2008, 11:58 PM
That last outfit looked great on you. Go for it and you will be ok. You make a good looking girl.

Tracii G
10-05-2008, 01:04 AM
Your final pic looks nice a great choice.I love the 4th pic in the first set very nice casual look.

gagirl1
10-05-2008, 03:12 AM
love the look, go for it! you're going to have so much fun!

Peka TG
10-05-2008, 04:13 AM
OMG Girl,
I don't know what your worried about!!
You look fantastic!! Hope you have a great time.

Peka

sophie69
10-05-2008, 05:11 AM
thanx everyone for your comments and kind words..........

I had a great time and it was good to meet new people who all go though the same issues etc as me....

I need to clear up the first flor bombsite now before everyone gets home! lol

What a great weekend, im looking forwaqrd to the next outing already....

x

Kimberly Marie Kelly
10-05-2008, 07:55 PM
I like #4 on the second set the one with White blouse and Black skirt. But your final choice is good too. :battingeyelashes:

paulaN
10-05-2008, 08:26 PM
Funny how that works. You get all picked up from a weekend like yours and you say to yourself. I want to do it again, lets do it again. I can't wait to do it again. When can I do that again. Honey!!!!!! when did you say you were going to your mothers again. he he.....

Fab Karen
10-06-2008, 02:47 AM
"
can you give me your thoiughts on these clothes... "
the four top pics look like everyday clothes. I'd suggest saving the purple skirt for going to a club.