PDA

View Full Version : Friends.......and friends.

suzy cool
09-30-2008, 04:30 PM
I was thinking the other day about the consequences of people I know finding out about me. You know like if you were blackmailed or something.
And the thing I discovered was that the fear of being ridiculed or losing friends was almost totally confined to people that aren't actually friends but more 'associates'.
I have very few genuine heartfelt friends but I think that is normal and comes with age. I know lots of people I call friends, and I have a great laugh with folk and so on but my real friends are my real friends simply because of the type of people they are. And although they might find it amusing I am certain I wouldn't lose their friendship because of it.
But 'associates' and work colleages, the sort of passing friendships of "folk I know".....that's where the sniggering behind the hand would come from. My family would be embarrassed but they think I am slightly eccentric anyway :eek: and would love me anyway.
Just a thought.
How about you? Where are your scary people? Do you know who your friends are?

subaru_forster
09-30-2008, 05:29 PM
Though I don't go out of my way to tell anyone, I don't go out of my way to hide it either. Everyone who knows me knows I am fairly different to begin with. To those that know, it's just another thing about me. If there's anyone who really makes me nervous, it's strangers, but hey: nothing ventured nothing gained.

Deborah Jane
09-30-2008, 05:37 PM
Before telling anyone....
Make sure you,ve got something on them first :devil:

It negates the blackmail angle!!

BETH H
09-30-2008, 05:58 PM
suzy my ex called my family and friends after the divorce and told all i went into hibernation the family was shocked but accepted it my close friend came to the house and i explained how i feel ,love dressing in womans clothes they were all fine with both male and female i dont dress around them
and we dont talk about much if she told my fellow employees that would have been worse would have to change jobs

BETH