PDA

View Full Version : Do I want to pass?

Kayla_CD
09-30-2008, 07:18 PM
The other day when I was dressing up I was very concerned with whether or not I was passing. It was really stressing me out. Then I thought to myself that it doesn't really matter, I'm dressing for myself and not going out. No matter what I'll always know that under that dress and makeup I'm not a woman, who was I fooling?

I decided that I didn't need to pass, I only needed to look feminine and sexy. If I felt good about the way I looked, even if it was androgynous, I was happy.

Once I figured all that out I had one of my most fun dressing sessions and looking back at my pics, one of my most feminine.

charlie
09-30-2008, 07:23 PM
I don't know what to say about passing. In a way it is like asking someone if they are rich. Someone always has more money. Passing is what you make of it. I am a transvestite and I just try to be the best transvestite i can. I go out to clubs and get many compliments, but one night a guy called me Robin Williams! I changed my makeup, wig and form of dress after that one! I now get even more compliments. However, I am still just a man in a dress.....a good looking dress though!

RylieCD
09-30-2008, 07:47 PM
I am also a closet CD'er and I do not see the need to "pass" for myself. If I ever decide to venture out I would want to be inconspicouous so if that meant passing then so be it. I would just want to be accepted into society so if that meant blending in whether as a female so no one could recognize me or as a male that people could not tell is wearing female attire. Unfortunatly todays society still can not accept a man in a dress and heels.

docrobbysherry
09-30-2008, 07:59 PM
Back when I thot I looked like a man-in-a-dress. I dressed like I did my laundry and cleaned my garage. Only when I had no excuse to do something else.

It wasn't until I "passed" for myself, that my CDing got to be really exciting and compelling.

I think u have stumbled upon one of the 10 CD Commandments! Maybe it's even No. 1!:heehee:

Nicole Erin
09-30-2008, 08:12 PM
KAyla, one thing for sure - your figure will not get in the way of passing. In fact, your problem would be guys hitting on you. :heehee: Guys tend to scope out MY fat ass so I know they would love you with your size 6 figure.

Angie G
09-30-2008, 08:14 PM
You've got the right idea Kayla keep it fun hun.:hugs:
Angie

Tasha McIntyre
10-01-2008, 04:07 AM
I'm with you Kayla, I dress for myself without going out. I would never pass because I don't use makeup or wear a wig.......I just love the feel of wearing a gorgeous dress.

Patty
10-01-2008, 08:17 AM
Have fun --

Kate Simmons
10-01-2008, 10:00 AM
The nice thing for a lot of us is that-no, we are not a woman, but-yes, we are having fun.:)

Cary
10-01-2008, 10:30 AM
I'm with you Kayla, I dress for myself without going out. I would never pass because I don't use makeup or wear a wig.......I just love the feel of wearing a gorgeous dress.

AMEN!:)

Jemanda
10-01-2008, 11:05 AM
I would never pass for anything even closely resembling a human being, never mind a woman. I dont dress to pass, I dress to experiment, to feel different, to experience new textures, to wobble on heels, to twirl in a skirt, to do up buttons differently, to see a different me, to break free of the boredom of male clothing, to sit and think... what if?

vikki2020
10-01-2008, 11:31 AM
Whatever you get out of dressing should be a positive, I would hope!Especially if your staying in,you can be anything you want, from a schoolgirl to a Vegas showgirl! Who cares? Only you!Long as your havin' fun.Now, if your going out--I guess it depends on where your going, and what your doing.When I go out, I'm going for my best effort to pass.I know I'll never be 100% though.

carolinoakland
10-01-2008, 11:36 AM
I once showed my mom a picture of Carol, she said I looked just like my sister. I said great lets give her a call and let her know that she can pass as a woman. I'm sure she'd have been pleased. Carol

Janet Bern
10-01-2008, 03:23 PM
Well, even though I am very tall. I went to a mall ..had lunch an uses the womans room and noone really noticed or gaveme a second look
dress conservatively and shopped. Love shopping as a woman and feeling part of the female sex.
Janet

Jaclyn NM
10-01-2008, 04:28 PM
I dress for myself and the wonderful feeling I get wearing female clothing. Since I don't currently go out dressed, I don't have to worry about passing, but I would like to think that when I'm all dressed and madeup, that I could pass.

trannie T
10-01-2008, 05:02 PM
I would love to pass as a female. At 6'3" and 300# i would have to pass as a rather large woman. I know that I shall never pass as a woman, but I try to look as good as I can and I enjoy every moment I am out.

Deborah Jane
10-01-2008, 05:04 PM
I don,t dress to pass, though it would be nice if i could :daydreaming:
I dress because i enjoy it and like trying differant looks :)

CD Susan
10-01-2008, 06:00 PM
I do not make any attempt to pass just for myself at home. When I dress at home I rarely put on makeup or a wig. I do go out ocassionaly and then I will do my best to look as good as I can and try to pass.

LA CINDY LOVE
10-01-2008, 07:46 PM
The one thing that I have seen is that those who are out of the closet and those who are still in the closet are separated buy one word, and that word is confidence.

The Cd's who are out of the closet and go out are no different from those who are still in the closet, we just spent a lot of time working on our outer and inter self to give us the confidence we need to get out of the closet.

A lot of times you will hear a closet CD say they do not go out because they can not pass, but when they are at home they will walk around with no make up or wig on, it is like they have given up on working on their confidence.

That word passing has keep a lot of my sister in the closet, but for us who go out we try to look as good as we can yes you can say we try to pass but it is truly or confidence that helps us to pass and even with that strong confidence we sometimes get read we just know how to deal with it better.

When I first started to dress and go out 5 yrs ago the first words I head was can you pass......so I ask what do you mean can I pass....can you go out in public and pass as a woman .......I said no, I do not think I am that good.

LA CINDY LOVE

whitelace
10-01-2008, 08:27 PM
Hi hun,
just my two cents ...but my take is that it is what's in your heart and how you feel psychologically! If your feminine spirit is both true and strong you will become the feather of your dreams

be yourself always

you'll always recognize her in a crowd of strangers

hugs ....lacie:battingeyelashes:

marny
10-01-2008, 10:19 PM
have had a two women hit on me while dressed. interested but said no, happily married!

janet p
10-01-2008, 10:53 PM
This subject has been talked about many time and the thing is that the only way you don't pass is your attiduted and the way you act. If you look around at real woman you'll see that they come in all sizes and shapes. So if you go out in a dress with crew cut smoking a cigar no you won't pass but if you go out with a dress,some make-up,jewel,and a attitude that you are a woman you might or might not PASS but who cares you are being you!:love:

geenalynn
10-02-2008, 11:11 AM
Life as it comes. I love to be dressed and do all the thins womanly so to speak but to pass is irrelevant. I am lucky at work to be able to dress how I want and work around people who just like to be around me for who I am : a man who can act and be who she wants to be and enjoy all the parts of life. Dressing and all that goes with it is wqhere I'm at not trying to be what I can never be. And if that does not work, I'll go out shopping for lingerie.

Karren H
10-02-2008, 11:16 AM
I quit worring about that... I doubt I pass but looks are not what determines your passability..... It's your attitude... that projects that you belong there, dressed as you are.... and if that's a female... great and if that's good looking crossdresser.... I'm happy with that 100%

Raquel June
10-02-2008, 11:52 AM
It's important to realize that you can not pass but still look good. That keeps me from obsessing too much and getting depressed. I think most of us would like to pass. But most of us never will, so it's nice to lie to ourselves a little and say we just wanna be cute.

But there are positives and negatives to passing. I'm in an interesting position where it's pretty obvious what I am when I go out, but at a club I usually look better than most of the crossdressers. I'd like to pass and be comfortable out doing everyday things, but when I'm at a club I get more attention because I don't pass. People kinda seem drawn to me. As a GG, I wouldn't be anything special, and I think I'd just get the occasional horny guy trying to pick me up (well, not that I don't get horny guys trying to pick me up anyway, even in guy mode lol).

...well, it's better than Benny Hill, which is what I sometimes get called.

I dunno ... being called a famous crossdresser isn't that bad. Everybody likes Benny Hill ... and these days everybody likes Carol Beer & Vicky Pollard.