PDA

View Full Version : Parents

womantrapped2005
05-27-2005, 10:48 AM
My name is Matt and I want to dress so badly, its feels like theres a woman trapped inside my body wanting so desepatly to escape. My parents don't understand, which is kind of gay considering they are ok with my sister being lesbian and becoming male. And to top it off I'm scared to tell them I'm gay you know. What I should do? I really need help here.

Ashley Allison
05-27-2005, 11:11 AM
Well, I'm not gay, but I am a CD. I can relate to you in the sense that my parent do not understand me. Seems like they're always forcing me to do things, and what I mean by that is they do a crap load of stuff which is not limited to trying to make me act 100% male all the time.

If your sister is a lesbian, why are your parental units so hung up your not being straight?

womantrapped2005
05-27-2005, 11:14 AM
They don't know I'm gay. And sense their having issues about me dressing, i thought they would have issues on me being gay

Priscilla1018
05-27-2005, 12:18 PM
If your parents love and accept that your sister is a lesbian,I see no reason that they would reject you because your gay.You say you like to dress,is it possible that you are bisexual?Although,it really dos'nt matter what label we put on ourselves;labels are something used by society,personally I hate labels. The fact that you are a member of our family here means you are at least 18.You should be able to make your own lifestyle decisions.I know it's scary but, if you accept yourself as you are,others will ,I hope, find it easier to accept you.

womantrapped2005
05-27-2005, 12:21 PM
thanks priscella, that means a lot, its not easy going through this, im hoping things will get better when i move into my dorm room at college this summer

Andrea
05-27-2005, 12:42 PM
Hi Girl !

I think it might have something to do with you being the Son.

Parents tend to put a lot of emphisis on the male child. Daft but there you go. Also are you the eldest ? If you are they may have high expectations of you being the oldest child etc.

womantrapped2005
05-27-2005, 12:43 PM
actually andrea, im the youngest in my family

Wendy me
05-27-2005, 12:52 PM
my thoughts is thay accepet your sister out of fear of loseing her ....fear of letting her slip away from them.....and the same with you as well...if thay accepet your cding/ being gay thay might feel thay will lose there son ....old thoughts get imbeded in people and are hard to change....talk to them in a non threating way and give them time to let it sink in....

womantrapped2005
05-27-2005, 12:54 PM
thanks, ill have to keep that in mind

Tristen Cox
05-27-2005, 04:38 PM
Do you have to tell them though? What I am saying is if you fear they will reject you and try to make you think you are wrong or this is some passing phase, can you keep it from them successfully until the subject is more approachable? You say you are going to the dorm, so maybe that will give you the chance to do your self expression and sort out who you are. Maybe this will give you more time to work out how to discuss this with your parents. Just some thoughts.

womantrapped2005
05-27-2005, 04:47 PM
thanks thats help a lot

Julie York
05-27-2005, 04:50 PM
Parents tend to blame themselves for the sexuality of their children even though that is logically ridiculous. So after accepting your sister (Hmm ok we messed up once but there's always the boy....) they are probably trying to avoid thinking about it too deeply.

womantrapped2005
05-27-2005, 06:34 PM
I know the whole we blame ourselves thing isnt their fault, but trying to keep me from being happy is so, theres one thing they can blame themselves for

Rachel_740
05-30-2005, 01:42 PM
My name is Matt and I want to dress so badly, its feels like theres a woman trapped inside my body wanting so desepatly to escape. My parents don't understand, which is kind of gay considering they are ok with my sister being lesbian and becoming male. And to top it off I'm scared to tell them I'm gay you know. What I should do? I really need help here.

If this is the case, and you are a woman trapped in a mans body, and your sister is a man trapped in a womans body, the two of you could each have the op and your parents will still have one girl and one boy!

Anne

(I know that's not particularly helpful)

womantrapped2005
05-30-2005, 01:47 PM
thats a good way of looking at it

kneesocklover
05-31-2005, 04:35 PM
A friend of mine has what I consider the best way to break the news to parents. He intentionaly left his bra's and panties in the washer for his mother to find. He left it up to them to make the confrontation. They didn't for a while because of the subject. He did it again! His mother approached him alone one evening and he simply said he didn't want to disapoint his mother or father so he kept it from them so as to not hurt them! The rest is history. Of course they had to accept him. Try It!

womantrapped2005
05-31-2005, 05:03 PM
thanks