PDA

View Full Version : Camping & Dressing ?

Courtney A Anderson
09-30-2008, 09:20 PM
Me and my SO just got a new camper and love camping . My SO is very supportive and suggested that maybe sometime I could dress at the campground. :eek: I like the idea of dressing any chance I get , But , sitting around the campfire in a dress and heels :daydreaming: I'm not so sure...So I was wondering if any body else has ever camped and dressed ?

Jessicaparkson
09-30-2008, 09:23 PM
I don't like camping myself (I like my creature comforts). I do think that it would be great though, people always seem more welcoming in the campgrounds (mountain/sea air?) and I've shown up in some pretty horrendous stuff...so if you went out all pretty and gorgeous I'm sure you'll knock them dead :)

Tina B.
09-30-2008, 09:30 PM
I dress, and I camp, but have never thought about mixing the two! I guess a cute pair of jeans, and a nice tee might work, but dress and heels just seems wrong. maybe a pair of earrings made of fishing lures might look good.
But be warned I have meet a lot of rednecks in camp grounds!
Tina B.

Jessicaparkson
09-30-2008, 09:32 PM
Last time I camped it was at Camp David....talk about some rednecks...But jeans and a nice tee would look perfect

jbirds
09-30-2008, 10:11 PM
i would say not to get to fancy at the campsite, yo wouldnt want to ruin any of your heels

faltenrock
10-01-2008, 02:14 AM
I was traveling en femme last summer. Before dinner, I had to find a camp ground. After finding one, it was still bright daylight, I started putting up my tent, wearing high heels, a blue pleated mini skirt and a blouse. When working in the tent, someone called me, it was the camp ground owner, an older man around 70 years. He didn't say much, except telling me where the ladies rooms were, and also where the mens rooms are located....

Patty
10-01-2008, 08:48 AM
I have camped for many years but not for the last few.
Jeans and tee would let you fit in and not stand out.

Drucilla
10-01-2008, 08:48 AM
Anything outdoors opens up a whole range of great opportunities to "dress". Check out places like LLBean, Sierra Trading Post, etc and look at all the cool women's outdoor clothes. In addition, lots of it can be worn all the time without attracting too much attention. I wear women's "hiking pants" ,an LLBean jacket,women's hiking shoes etc.regularly in drab mode and no one notices.
A cool top, pants, low wedge shoes and maybe a girls hat and of course the most feminine panties, Cami and bra you can find will look great at any campground !! Roast us all a marshmallow and let us know how it goes.

Denise01
10-01-2008, 09:08 AM
I was on vacation last March for a month and Was Denise 24/7 the whole time i was away.

When away, i have a 30 ft travel trailer that i take with me, so was utilizing campgrounds the whole time.

I was very well accepted as a lady, with no negative comments at all.

One compliment i did get, was from one of the men there. Had to back up quite a ways to get into the campsite, and after I got in, he commented that it was great to be able to see a Lady handle a trailer like that.

The big thing when you are camping is dont over dress, and dress to fit in with the group that is there. Wear either slacks, a skort or something like a denim skirt that you see ladies wearing in campsites.

Go have a good time, and just act like it is what you have been doing all your life, and blend in with the crowd

You will love it

Denise

:):):):)

Jenny Beth
10-01-2008, 09:44 AM
Camping and dressing, my two favourite things, but it's rare I get to do both at the same time. My wife and I just spent two weeks in BC's Cariboo region and stayed at a few forestry campsites. These types of campsites have no facilities other than outhouses and picnic tables and are not patrolled. I brought a few girly tops, some capris, my women's sandals and of course some pretty underthings and was all set to relax and just be me. The second day we were there a group of hunters set up camp not far from us and my plan went by the wayside. But if it wasn't for them it would have been difficult anyway as the lake we were at was very popular with people coming to fish for the day.

But I can't complain, I dress all the time at home anyway and this was as much my wife's vacation as it was mine and it really didn't bother me that I couldn't dress. Besides, the fishing was great and I landed several nice rainbow trout. But the best part was we paddled for miles and miles doing what we like to do and were lucky enough to watch an osprey swoop down and catch a fish not far from us. To me that made the trip!

Karren H
10-01-2008, 09:57 AM
We have a pop-up camper and camp a lot! I love camping and I love to dress but the two together? Firstly... The wife would probably drive a tent stake through my heart while I'm sleeping... Then there's the bugs and spiders and misquitos which are very attracted to perfume and the scent of makeup... And the dampness...

I'll pass.. Camping is fun and dressing is fun but the combination may not be twice as fun or even as fun as each one individually.. In my humble opinion.

Toni_Lynn
10-01-2008, 11:30 AM
Oh yes -- I could go for that. A pair of cute girls shorts and t-shirt, and girls tennies and socks with those fuzzy balls on the pack at the heel.

And one day I will.

In fact, I wrote two stories about such a setting. So, if anyone is interested, here's a link to one of them. It's called Portrait of a Leg End:

http://www.fmstories.com/stories/tvhtml/amy4.htm

WARNING: There's just a wee bit of naughty stuff in it (actually not much at all), and female to male crossdressing is a big part of the storyline.

BTW -- There are more parts to the story, so if you want to read the whole series, PM me and I'll sent the links. OH -- and its a true story, but it never really happened :daydreaming:

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

aka.laura
10-01-2008, 12:58 PM
I love to dress and I love to camp. But walking 'round the campsite in heels? ... it just doesn't work ;o) Inside the caravan it's no prob and sitting outside, having a drink is cool. Just a question of getting things organized I think ;o)))

DAVIDA
10-01-2008, 01:10 PM
Yes, Jean and I camp. And yes, I do dress while doing so. I will wear a very casual skirt and top with wedges, or a plane knock around dress. I'm sure that there have been timesd that I was probably the only one at the grounds that was wearing a skirt or dress.
But, SO WHAT!:tongueout

BTW, our camping is done in a motorhome.

Di
10-01-2008, 02:04 PM
You could make it alot of fun:D esp the two of you:thumbsup:
I just never tried it...not a camping girl:sad:

Butterfly Bill
10-01-2008, 03:24 PM
Do it every summer at the Rainbow Gathering. But I never wear heels.

Dawn Marie
10-01-2008, 04:45 PM
I went backpacking in Big Bend National Park a couple of years back, and I was pretty well in the back country so I said what the heck. I had on a nice teddie under my girl shorts and blouse with hiking boots and a pink day pack. I never realy saw anybody but I still felt wonderful just to get out dressed, even if it was casual. And at the time my real hair was almost to my waist so even if I was seen I don't think anyone would have said anything. Oh and by the way I do carry when I go backpacking wether in girl or boy mode. Just because I'm by myself.

CD Susan
10-01-2008, 07:14 PM
I used to go camping in the wilderness areas of northern Wisconsin. I would do this alone and I loved the fact that I could escape from the daily grind of working and a living arrangement that I was not happy with. It was during these campouts that I was free to be myself and have quiet times alone to reflect on where I was with my life and where I was going with it. The places I camped at were extremely remote. Imagine being 30 miles away from any other other person and hearing only the sounds of nature. Can you also imagine what the night sky looks like in such a place? It is absolutely beautifull! I think everyone should experience this at least once in thier life. It has been eight years since I have done this and I want to do it again soon. I retired 10 months ago and now I have the time to travel all I want so I am going to start doing it again. I do not care for crowded campgrounds that are noisy and are filled with strangers that are close to me. I do not consider myself a 'loner' but I do believe that having time alone is essential to being able to discover who we are and where we are in our life.

Denise Anne
10-01-2008, 07:28 PM
We have a 5th wheel camper and go camping often. I have always wanted to try dressing while out camping but never got up the nerve enough to try it. I am sure that the attire should be casual jeans or shorts and flats and try to blend in as much as possible.

Would be fun to start a Crossdressers camping club and set up get togethers with others. If we got enough of us together we could pretty much take over a small campground somewhere and have the whole place to ourselves. If anyone manages to arrange this please let me know!!!

gina eddy
10-01-2008, 08:01 PM
old clothes and flat shoes best 4 camping wearing heels you break your neck huh

Crystal Alberta
10-01-2008, 08:08 PM
Like some others here, I love camping, but I just can't imagine doing it en femme. Out in the bush with the flies and the dirt is not the time that I feel the most feminine. I mean, even when women go camping, they don't usually do it in dresses and heels.

Crystal

Babette
10-01-2008, 09:15 PM
Sure I go camping and I do dress. Keep in mind that we only stay in an organized campground with our air-conditioned camper. There is no cave woman style camping for us. Sorry, I digressed.

As for clothes, I wear what any logically thinking person (male or female) might wear. Specifically, I wear comfortable clothes suitable for the season and or setting. Heels and other formal styles might be just a tad over the top. Oh well, here is to what ever floats your boat.

Babette

Stephanie Stephens
10-02-2008, 07:08 AM
Denise:

Some time ago I started a thread called crossdressing rver's. I Got a lot of response. So, maybe this is somethnig we should persue. How about a web site called crossdressing rver's, or campers. My wife and I have a 28' rv trailer and we go whenever we can get away. I would love to take over a campground with crossdressers. I like to get set up in drab and then get cleaned up and dressed.

Steph

unclejoann
10-02-2008, 08:02 AM
If I were going to dress at the camp site, I would wear tight cut off jeans with white lace around the legs and open toed sandles and ...

I need some help here

tommi
10-02-2008, 08:12 AM
I've done it alone a few times but just shorts and tanks, it was a thrill at the
the time close as I've ever come to being out in public.

sherri
10-02-2008, 08:48 AM
When I go flyfishing I usually stay in a cabin, but last year I set up a one person tent camp for a week. I wore daisy dukes or just panties under my waders every day. Back at camp in the late afternoon, it felt wonderful to be shaved smooth all over and luxuriate in the warm water from the sunshower hung from a pine tree. Then I would put on a fem tee, a denim miniskirt, sandals and a little bit of makeup and jewelry, pour myself a glass of wine and relish the evening while dinner simmered over the fire. It was late in the season so there weren't a lot of other people around, but whenever the occasional visitor did come around, I made no effort to hide, and no one seemed bent out of shape about it. I even invited one fellow fisherman to have a drink with me, which he accepted and we had a nice long visit. All in all, it was a great week and I highly recommend the experience. Save the heels for your car time though -- don't want to spoil your trip with a sprained ankle!

Jenny Beth
10-02-2008, 09:48 AM
I think this thread should have been called "Jungle Janes" :heehee: But one of the reasons I didn't mind so much not being able to dress on our last camping trip is I usually get pretty grubby and end up smelling like the inside of a chimney. We like roughing it if you call a tent trailer roughing it and getting a shower when you want isn't so easy. We have one of those shower bags you hang from a tree but when it's windy and cold it's very "refreshing" to say the least. Keeping my legs shaved....forget it, not practical and I just don't get that femme feeling with hairy legs.

SANDRA MICHELLE
10-02-2008, 10:48 AM
Been there and done that but never in a dress and heels. I wear shorts or a skort and a nice T along with sandals and of course all my make-up.

marso2584
10-02-2008, 10:48 AM
well... i never tried that before
and i think
it will be fun and a lot of "adventure" feel....

now i saw this idea, i must try it out sometimes :)

Paulette
10-02-2008, 03:11 PM
Spent a few days camping a few years ago and found that once away from the well troden path is was very easy to just get lost by myself. I was able to set up a camp by a creek and spend the my time doing what anyone else would do in such a beutiful setting. Wore all womens clothes, cute tennis shoes and womens hiking boots. As for outer wear,I wore shorts and and capris and of course a nice full skirted dress which allows for privacy near your camp while relieving yourself, on the trail it is very easy to find a nice bush or large rock to hide yourslef so no problem dropping your shorts. The dress also allows for a quick sponge bath in the creek without giving up your secret. Keep your makeup as light as possible which means just enough to hide the beard, a little blush and mascara and lipstick and you are all set for the day.

TerriM
10-03-2008, 09:09 AM
My dream is taking a trip cross country in a RV or a trailer and bring my femme side along. Hopefully my dream will come true in a few years,

BethCD
10-03-2008, 02:49 PM
Have done it a few times. RV camping for us.
I never full time it, just some short periods of time when it's not crowded. Usually campfire at night wearing denim mini, bra, fem top , wig, sandals.casual.
Took a walk around campground recently at night. Boy, is it dark out in the sticks!

Beth

Jilmac
10-03-2008, 05:36 PM
Lori, you would probably be totally out of place in a dress and heels camping. Perhaps a nice casual pair of capris (or, knowing the cool October nights in Wi), a pair of girl jeans with a pretty top, wig makeup and earrings.

Pamela Julie
10-03-2008, 07:21 PM
I have backpacked in, dressed in my male clothes, then changed when I reached where I was setting up camp. I like to set up camp near a stream, but out of site of hikers and backpackers, same if in drab. I car camp also, but never enfemme, but would love to give it a try. Unless you pass well, only do it at adult only campgrounds, as you may run into some irate parents, if their children are around. The best clothes to wear is what the other girls are wearing. In warm weather, shorts or a denim skirt, with a casual top, pink tennies, simple or no jewelry, and no more than lipstick and a tinted sunblock for makeup. A pretty, wide brimmed ladies hat would not be out of place during the day, same for femme sunglasses.

Pamela:)

kristytv
10-03-2008, 08:26 PM
i have a 29 ft 87 shasta trailer myself ,i love it, the 4 times i had her out this year kristy was there. like posted above, nothing flashy , just simple clothes

missattitude
10-03-2008, 09:11 PM
Girl, let me tell you. There is no other feeling other than sitting around in the dark, with just the embers glowing, the bright moon, stars, and being in a skirt and tights, ect.. I had that opportunity just this past year, and did it ever so cautiously. I don't think the other campers would be open to such, but you never know. Anyways, it is worth every excitement, its like your doing this evil deed, wanting no one to catch , because god only knows what would espire from it. Its a gamble, i wait ed until it was real late and slipped on my skirt, blouse, tights, and flipflops. I don't know about wearing heels in the dirt, not a really good idea, but whatever floats your boat. Go ahead and try, and you will never regret it that is for sure. I cant wait to do it again. I even walked on the beach for a few minutes, with no makeup, no wig, late at night. The wind just blowing over your skirt, ahh,, what a time. Even though it lasted just a few, was well worth it.

Maria

Karen Francis
10-03-2008, 10:44 PM
This very topic has been running around in my head for a couple of months. And I will take it one further. I am considering going "full time" living in a large 5th wheel RV, getting rid of the house, most possesions, etc. I wonder how many full time RV'ers who are into CD/TG. In my case I would still maintain my present occupation, and still only go out dressed maybe 2-3 times a month. I just wonder if there is enought closet space...

Amy Rose
10-03-2008, 11:06 PM
Girl, let me tell you. There is no other feeling other than sitting around in the dark, with just the embers glowing, the bright moon, stars, and being in a skirt and tights, ect.. I had that opportunity just this past year, and did it ever so cautiously. I don't think the other campers would be open to such, but you never know. Anyways, it is worth every excitement, its like your doing this evil deed, wanting no one to catch , because god only knows what would espire from it. Its a gamble, i wait ed until it was real late and slipped on my skirt, blouse, tights, and flipflops. I don't know about wearing heels in the dirt, not a really good idea, but whatever floats your boat. Go ahead and try, and you will never regret it that is for sure. I cant wait to do it again. I even walked on the beach for a few minutes, with no makeup, no wig, late at night. The wind just blowing over your skirt, ahh,, what a time. Even though it lasted just a few, was well worth it.

Maria

god damn it
now i want to go camping

DarlaCD
10-04-2008, 12:26 AM
The only camping that my wife and I do anymore is HOTEL camping!!! It gives us the opportunity to hit the big city and all the shops. We love to go resale shopping together. I think I am a bigger shopper than my wife.

- Darla

P.S. We are located just down the road from you in Wisconsin!

Amiad
10-04-2008, 12:29 AM
Fire...hatchets...fishing...dirt....trucks....hiki ng....guns....

Honey...I appreciate your your support, but there is a time and a place.......and this is not it..:eek:

Stephanie Stephens
10-04-2008, 07:41 AM
72924 camping in Northern CA

linnea
10-04-2008, 11:24 AM
About three weeks ago, I went backpacking dressed. Of course, I was not wearing heels and a dress. I wore some khaki shorts and a pink top. I had some makeup on and a wig as well as a bra and a panty girdle. I pulled my hair back and tied it with a scarf.
My hike took about four hours to a campsite where I set up my tent and spent the night. I didn't see a soul that day or night, but the next day when I hiked out, I saw two other hikers--one a woman by herself, the a man by himself. We passed each other and exchanged brief greetings and continued on our separate ways. I had a great time; I love to hike and I have wanted to hike en femme for many years. Finally, I took the opportunity and the chance. I'll go again but probably not until next summer.
The trail was pretty steep and the round-trip distance was about 12 miles.

Christie ann
10-06-2008, 02:05 PM
the hard part is shaving while camping. I try to keep the face and neck somewhat clean so its not too incongruous. As for clothing, In mid summer, I like the strappy tops girls get to wear. So, I wear them with a backpack so the tan lines aren't too obvious. The lower half is just what all other girls are wearing shorts and smartwool makes a woman's line of socks. There are a few hiking skirts on the market (Mountain Hardwear and Macabi) that I want but don't have. and...of course painted toenails!

luvSophia
10-06-2008, 02:34 PM
The Macabi skirt is a neat idea, but seems awfully complicated. Columbia (and several others) make some nice hiking skorts that are made out of the same type fabric.

dianeleah
10-09-2008, 02:50 PM
Never done it, but I'd love to try it sometime! I'd wear daisy dukes, with a light blue oversized denim boy shirt over a white sports bra. Unbutton the shirt so you could see my bra, and leave the last few buttons at the bottom unbuttoned, so I could tie it up and show a little tummy and back. Finishing it off with a pair of white keds with cute little white ankle socks! Function and fashion! No backpacking here, but wouldn't I look cute sitting around the campfire?