PDA

View Full Version : The Journey So Far

melissacd
09-30-2008, 09:33 PM
Well it has been 19 months since that fateful day that changed the course of my life, the day that my ex decided that she could no longer be in a relationship with a cross dresser. It was a devastating moment in my life when after trying as hard as I knew how I could do nothing to salvage a 25 year relationship. It seemed like life was over.

Nothing could have been further from the truth.

Since that day so much has changed, so many things have happened and I have grown so much. It has not always been easy and I have had some pretty black days and yet overall the trend has been one that has been moving towards a positive and fulfilling life. I am free to be who I should have been all along and my ex gets to live her life the way she wants.

I have been able to build a new relationship with my children that includes their knowing about this part of me, I have come out to much of my family, I have built many good friendships within this community, I have a room mate who is the best friend that anyone could hope for, I have a wardrobe that allows me to express my many femme facets, I have been building a romantic relationship with someone who is both understanding and compatible with me, I am now buying a house with my room mate to continue the journey of exploration, I am having my facial hair removed, live much of my life femme (and I am quite comfortable with it both outside in the public and at home)...so much that is positive and much to look forward to.

I could never have imagined that something so tragic as the end of a 25 year marriage could actually have turned out to be such a blessing. It has really helped me to put so much of this into perspective and realize just how deeply this part of me runs and how really unhappy that I was and how much happier I am now.

I write this to help others see that embracing who you are, while it can have a huge emotional, relationship and financial cost can also have rewards beyond what you could ever expect. I plan to continue to grow this side of me and seeing just how far I want to go in my femme journey. I am definitely enjoying this stage of my life.

Huggs
Melissa

joann426
09-30-2008, 09:46 PM
you go girl do just what you have to good luck!!!!!!!

Kate Simmons
10-01-2008, 02:47 AM
Even when we are grown up, we continue to grow as a person Melissa. We have to, otherwise we become static and end up spinning our wheels. Learning about who we are is often one of the hardest things to do. Many have the concept but not the courage to proceed. The main thing is recognizing the difference between just getting by and truely being happy. It's a tough row to hoe sometimes as many of us are well aware. How much is is worth to us to truely be ourselves? Only each and every one of us can answer that individually and determine if our investment is worth the effort. Sometimes we lose a lot but deep down we know the truth of who we are and we need to have faith in ourselves and take the leap. If we do not we will never know for sure. How astonishing it is to realize that the whole is truely greater than the sum of it's parts. You are doing quite well my friend and I'm very happy for you.:hugs:

Josephine 1941
10-01-2008, 03:20 AM
Hi Melissa, You have just told my story, I too am coming off a 30 yr marriage. Almost all that u said has happen to me. The only thing is that it looks like u are a little bit younger than I. I have not gone 24/7 as a women but I can dress as often as I like. I have a great women now that loves me , her name is Melissa too and guess what we are both the same size in cloths and shoes. She bought me a wig that is the same style as her hair and color. We go out as sisters but I have to admit she can't keep her hands off me. I never though that I would ever find a women that would love me as much as this one dose and take as good care of me. I hope thing continue to work out for you and your life is full. :love::love: JOSEPHINE