PDA

View Full Version : its just a dream give it up it will ruin you

silkesh
09-30-2008, 10:05 PM
**** life u all have a big dream u will never realize give up

MJ
09-30-2008, 10:13 PM
never give up on your dreams.. for 43 years i never thought i would get my dream .. but now i am living it.. And i have the support of all my children.
never give up

so whats your dream Please tell me

Jessicaparkson
09-30-2008, 10:17 PM
I'm happy that I only waited 18 years (well...less than that technically, the whole self thought thing...) to make this move...its been my dream and I thought a few times about letting it go, but I never could..it was like thinking about losing a part of you, a part I had always kept just for myself. I'm glad I didn't.

Chloe Renee
09-30-2008, 10:27 PM

I can agree, I wanted the "normal" life and to leave the dressing all behind.. Now I Gave up and acknowledged it won't happen,as much as I want not dress to blend in to society. I feel the need to dress for personal balance.
I never thought I would find someone who understands what I do. But I have found someone who is willing to learn why I do this.
My sister has been accepting of me also.
It cant rain all the time. You can give up on a dream, but don't give up on life.

Jessicaparkson
09-30-2008, 10:29 PM
In my experience (as little as they may be) I kept wishing my dreams would go away, like they never happened. jasmin put it perfectly for me when she said that she feels the need to dress for balance. I do it because I enjoy it, but also because it helps to balance out the many counter weights upon my psyche.

silkesh
09-30-2008, 10:49 PM
hay girles/guys or however u see things i was very unhappy wen i posted this thread,me i cant come to exept, well maybe i cant exept what outher pple think of me i have to hide and dont know how to do anything else so to u all that can good luck i cant and im scard to evan try

Jessicaparkson
09-30-2008, 10:54 PM
If you mean to come out that you're scared about then I'll count you in with me :)

To be honest I'm nearly petrified about coming out. But the lovely thing about CD is this (I'll use myself as an example):

I CD because I like both the feel as well as the relaxation from not having to constantly conform to society's guidelines. They set limits, rules, time lines..

Here's where we can have our say. Time lines. The thing is that no one will make you come out. No one will force you. You can make that decision yourself. I'm sure there are people on these forums who have stayed in closest for years, its not a bad thing. To me CDing is like making a set of rules that actually conform to you. If you don't want to come out, then don't. I personally am working on it, but I'm thinking I've got quite a ways to go.

hugs
jessica

Zenith
10-01-2008, 12:01 AM
hay girles/guys or however u see things i was very unhappy wen i posted this thread,me i cant come to exept, well maybe i cant exept what outher pple think of me i have to hide and dont know how to do anything else so to u all that can good luck i cant and im scard to evan try

What are you scared of...expressing part of your personality is so wonderful...
:hugs:

bah-bah-bobbie
10-01-2008, 12:11 AM
I wish I knew who to give credit to for this quote. Anyone here recognize it please help me.

Dreams come true. Otherwise nature would not encite us to have them.

docrobbysherry
10-01-2008, 12:32 AM
"Climb every mountain, ford every stream, follow every rainbow, til u find your dream". Makes a nice movie, but doesn't work in real life.

Because in real life, when u find/live your dream, u usually find it's not what u thot it would be! So, then u have to have another dream, and find/live that, etc., etc., etc.

I accomplished my life's dream at 25. And thot, jeez, what the heck do I do now? Well, I've managed to keep finding new dreams to pursue.

I think when u run out of dreams, life loses it's meaning! OK. Lecture over!:D

Tracii G
10-01-2008, 12:56 AM
Doc is right on the money.Never give up dreaming or your inner person is lost.
If I had given up my dreams I would be a pile of bones laying in the jungle of Viet Nam half way around the world.
I had dreams in High school of hitting it big in music. (Yeah the rock star dream)and then the Army got me.
Well I came back and did the music thing and did pretty well got a record deal and toured quite a bit of the country,had a blast too.Then the bottom fell out and had to get a real job.
All was cool until I found heroin and coke kicked that and did the family thing.
All was cool again then the wife stepped out with another guy and I was left to raise the kids, then a medical situation occured that kicked my ass.
Most of my musical abilities(guitar) went in the tank had to re-learn all over again.
Did I give up dreaming HELL NO!I'm no where near as good as I was but I can and will get back to that point GIVE UP NEVER!
So if you can use a pep talk take from this what you can and use the principal idea to fix whatever is making you feel down.
We are all just the same only different.
Thanks for listening.

Pattie O
10-01-2008, 01:18 AM
"Picture yourself in a boat on a river with tangerine dreams and marmalade skies"-quote The Beatles.And your prettiest outfit and make up & hair dancing to your favourite music.

Id be lost without my dreams and most have come true already

Pattie O;:daydreaming:

Tracii G
10-01-2008, 01:42 AM
Think of it this way thought = energy.If you can dream it you can do it.
Think of you in a pictue looking so nice out on the town (in your mind.. you know dream)If you let you mind and imagination override your fear and I think you can do it no sweat!

crusadergirl
10-01-2008, 01:43 AM
No matter what you never ever give up. Thoughs are the words of Nightwing. And i always go for my dream even if its a nightmare.

Samantha Kelsey
10-01-2008, 01:53 AM
It's like, if you don't play the lottery you can never dream of the things you would do if you won it.

Jess_cd32
10-01-2008, 02:05 AM
Good attitude Tracii and advice, I've been to hell and back myself, only made me a stronger person and I don't take much for granted anymore.

Gotta have dreams, whatever they are, if the cd thing is getting you down (OP), don't dwell on it, you must have other dreams as well, concentrate on those, you sound younger than most of us, we've been there and it all works out.

TGMarla
10-01-2008, 07:46 AM
its just a dream give it up it will ruin you
What a silly thing to say. One should never give up on dreams. Furthermore, once I abandoned the idea of actually becomming a woman, and embraced the fantasy of emulating one instead, crossdressing became less of a burden and lots more fun.

So don't give up the dream, but if it's out of reach, embrace the idea instead. But if we all gave up on our dreams, our society would stagnate.

MsJanessa
10-01-2008, 08:11 AM
hon I'm not really sure I understand what you are trying to say---Are you telling Us not to have dreams(by that do you mean ambitions or goals?) If so why?

Amanda Shaft
10-01-2008, 08:35 AM

Am I the only one copping the hump here?

Firstly it may be a big dream, it may never get realised, but most of us can't (and I personally won't) give it up. If your one of us you should understand that already?

hay girles/guys or however u see things…

Secondly you can call me Miss, Ms or Amanda whatever you please, but I expect courtesy.

In conclusion: live the dream, don’t condemn others for your lack of belief, and understand that this girl is just who she is!

Miss Amanda Shaft

Eileen
10-01-2008, 08:46 AM
A life without dreams would be not much of a life! Dreams worth following take effort to achieve. It has been a long and often bumpy road to where I am today. Having arrived here is wonderful, but far from the end of my journey! As long as I can breathe I will be following my dreams.

Eileen

valenstein
10-01-2008, 09:23 AM
Not all of my dreams are big dreams, some days it's winning something on Ebay I really wanted, finding a really good Thai restaurant, the little joys strengthen my resolve to achieve the big dreams.

As far as crossdressing goes, doesn't it mean something when any person accepts you as you are? Even when I underdress, people giggle at my painted toenails or pink sneakers, but if the guy behind me in line at the grocery or a woman next to me in the women's department doesn't approve, why should I be shattered?

There are things I haven't worked up the guts to do yet, but if you had told me five years ago some of the things I would achieve, I might not have believed it. Every step I took then seemed like a big step, but small compared to where I am now. Take small steps. Most people in general are afraid to be themselves, I think deep down, the ones who have the biggest problems with me are unhappy with themselves. They may giggle at me, but I pity them.

Karren H
10-01-2008, 09:26 AM

What a novel approach to life you have!! The "Borg" approach? "Resistance is futile... You will be assimilated". You dear have been watching way too much television!! Hahaha.

And btw, I'm living my dream and couldn't be happier!! Just because you can't seem to handle what's going on in your life is no friggin reason to come dump on us!!

Kate Simmons
10-01-2008, 09:55 AM
I sometimes wonder which one is really the dream. Being Rich or being Arianna. Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference.:)

Alice Torn
10-01-2008, 10:21 AM
After 54 years of being working poor, little dating life, no mate, 42 moves, my dream is having food, finally an apartment, two loving cats, after coyotes killed my last cat, ride the bicycle, dress inside now and then, dream of going out dressed again, hopes of still having a gg girlfriend. Dreams sometimes take it in the shorts,m sometimes need to be revised. We could all be dead tonight, so this day is all we have, one day at a time, in a fools' paradise! No. It is good to have hopes, dreams and goals, but life is an obstacle course, minefield, especially in the hard times ahead. LITTLE things to be thankful for, can be dreams fulfilled. My too cents.

Deborah Jane
10-01-2008, 12:02 PM

Give up?....Never!!

I am living the dream everytime i see Debs in the mirror :)

A life without dreams is not a life!

Toni_Lynn
10-01-2008, 12:24 PM
A life without dreams is not a life!

Right on!

A dream is a wish your heart makes. May our hearts never be so hard as to not be able to produce dreams!

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

Jennifer Cox
10-01-2008, 12:52 PM

I dream of lots of things, most of which I'll probably never achieve, but if you live your life without hope, then it'll be a life of sadness. :sad:

Work towards your dreams, or you'll only end up going nowhere. You may not achieve your goal, but as long as you don't obsess about it, then you can enjoy the journey. You might be surprised where it takes you. :)

Tina B.
10-01-2008, 01:01 PM
Gee, give up my dreams, good idea, wish I had thought of it sooner, now rather than be disappointed, I can just sit around and be depressed, I feel so much better now, and look at all the time I will save. Oh and if you are looking for understanding, the girlie/guy thing was so unnecessary!
Tina B.
"I'm just being honest!" (Simon, from American Idol)

Jonelle
10-01-2008, 01:05 PM
I'm pretty sure life would be a lot less interesting if I were to give up my dreams of becoming Jonelle. What could i possibly fill the void with.. ? By the way ladies, i bought my first wig!! I was amazed how much of a difference it makes... Keep dreaming!!

Di
10-01-2008, 02:25 PM
You must be going through a ruff patch:hugs: I think dreams are close to what should be reality.

Cut not the wings of your dreams,
for they are the heartbeat and the freedom of your soul.

Flavia

SherriePall
10-01-2008, 03:04 PM
When you have stopped dreaming, you are dead.

PamelaTX
10-01-2008, 03:42 PM
I work with young people many of whom have big dreams. I've discovered, much to my surprise, that there are a few who don't want their dreams to come true. I had one student who wrote a beautiful thesis, but never got his/her degree, because he/she refused to change one misspelled word in the introduction. I have had others who give up because their thesis, although perfectly acceptable, isn't as brilliant as what they thought it would be, or because it will take them a month longer to finish than they first thought.

It's like this: Everybody dreams of writing the blockbuster novel that will win them fame and fortune. Most of them never write anything, and continue to dream of fame and fortune. But there are some who do write their novel. And for these people, the novel can only be what it is. No fame, no fortune, just lots of work for mediocre sales (at best). The moral is, for your dreams to come true, you have to be willing to give up part of the dream.

As for me, I'd rather have an ounce of reality than ten tons of fantasy, because the ounce of reality is real accomplishment and the ten tons of fantasy is just nothing.

So put on that dress and step out the front door, hon. People probably won't laugh or poke fun at you, but if they do, you won't be the first or the last. And you don't really need to pay any attention to that anyway.

Nicki B
10-01-2008, 04:42 PM
What a sad, self-limiting philosophy.. You do sound in a very dark place? Or are you just always a 'glass half empty' sort of person? :strugglin

The trouble with your proposal is, if you believe it can't happen, then voilà, it won't.. :sad: Whereas, until you try, you will never realise just what you ARE capable of? Trust me, it's more than you think.. :)

Nicole Erin
10-01-2008, 04:57 PM

No matter who or what you are, there will be people who do not accept. Especiaolly if you are at any extreme socially, financially, in looks, or whatever.

So what exactly is your worry here? Not passing? Not able to accept yourself? Family/friends may not accept? Give us some more details, maybe someone can help.

As far as how other CDs live, it is their choice. I figure I don't want anyone saying how I should live so I don't do that to others.

marny
10-01-2008, 11:12 PM
get some help. most of us here are happy. We don't need your vitriol. Look it up !

Sally2005
10-01-2008, 11:31 PM
If everything in your life is making you unhappy it is time to talk to your doctor. If you are just frustrated with your desire to CD then read all the posts on this forum and you will see where people have started and what they have accomplished. You can too. Just face your fear and do something. Maybe if you don't know where to start just post a question asking for specific advice and someone else can tell you what worked for them. Try to be positive though...life is tough enough without being reminded about it all the time.

Jess_cd32
10-02-2008, 01:19 AM
They only dreams I want to give up are the ones I'm gonna have going to bed after eating 4 double cheese burgers, two bags of fries and a large milkshake, lmao

Tracii G
10-02-2008, 01:44 AM
I'm just guessing here but the original poster 1.Seems young. 2.Acts depressed.3 thinks the world is coming to an end in 3 weeks.
I see lots of young people that have great attitudes and some that are just all to hell.
Case in point my neighbor very well to do has a male child 16 years old that has had everything "handed" to him.He dresses like he wants to look as bad as he can.I guess you call the look EMO.
He is always depressed and blames his parents for his awful life.
I had a talk with him one on one and asked him to explain what was sooo bad in his life.
He proceeded to tell me the earth is dying so what the point of doing anything.I told him why don't YOU do something about it.
He started crying and said you know you could be right.
This kid needs help with his head and his parents don't see it. Sad.

Kelsy
10-02-2008, 03:26 AM
Life is a dream dear!! Enjoy it, It's a short ride

Love Kelsy

Chiana
10-02-2008, 12:59 PM
Well, silkish, if you came here because your were down and needed moral support and encouragement, I hope you found it. I think everyone goes through low periods. But your dreams and goals are what keep you wanting to go on. They help you to get through this rough spot and find the sunshine on the other side. Everyday I see something beautiful, inspiring and wonderful. Don't be afraid to dream.:love:

Annette_boy
10-02-2008, 01:04 PM
A saying of mine I think " Always chase your dreams , even if you don't catch them it was worth the chase." I use that as a MSN sig sometimes and thats the thing with dreams they give you something to chase and the ones achieved give fond memories. So to the original poster: Dont lose heart you might want to avoid a lengthy search to find it again.

Raquel June
10-02-2008, 04:33 PM
What exactly is the dream that you are assuming we all have?

Regardless, most dreams are not attainable. That doesn't mean they're not worthwhile or even noble as long as they don't become a sick obsession.

"I Have A Dream.................free at last" MLK

I was diagnosed with social dysphoria (basically feeling that you don't fit into society at all and many simple things are foreign to you) to the point that it caused major depression and schizophrenic symptoms. Crossdressing can become an unhealthy obsession, but it is an obsession that was instrumental in making me a happier person -- showing me that I can stop trying to mimic the rest of society. Your life is yours to live, and you can't be truly happy until you stop worrying about the stupid expectations you place on yourself and focus on the real things that are important in your life.

I don't live with regrets, but the 12 years that I spent from 18 to 30 when I kept trying to make the standard hook-up-with-a-girl-and-have-a-family thing work weren't all that fun. Thank God Almighty, I'm free at last.

Ruth
10-02-2008, 05:02 PM
To the OP, Silkesh, I would say you were very unhappy when you wrote that. But be reassured by the stories of many CDers on this site that our dreams or ambitions, or whatever you call them, are often fulfilled in some way, maybe not the way we imagined. But if you stay true to yourself, many things that you want and need will come to you. Life is full of possibilities. Please don't give up.

Hinata
10-02-2008, 05:36 PM
Silkesh, You may refer to me as Lady Hinata. As far as what you originally wrote, I feel that you are questioning your own self interests. Why? A life in the closet hasn't hurt me in any way, and I dream of coming out one day(that's a long way off). But I realize that it will not ruin me, it will make me whole and is that not a good thing? If you think it will ruin you, step back and take a break, you have your whole life ahead of you to find out who you really are and what you want out of life. And just know this, We are here to help and not judge.

Lady Hinata

Angie G
10-02-2008, 08:16 PM
My dream is alive and well hun I can dress in front of my wife now And she's OK with it.
Never give up your dreams girls.:hugs:
Angie