PDA

View Full Version : A walk in the woods

Christie ann
10-01-2008, 09:00 AM
Yesterday I had the opportunity to put a skirt and top on and take a walk where I know few people go. Since I don't own a wig there is no serious doubt to my true gender unless you are far away (perhaps a mile or 2, but I digress) It was an awesome fall day, the trees were turning, the few people I met didn't stare so life was pretty good until I came back to the car and saw the school bus. There, parked next to my car was at least 60 middle school kids milling around, note books in hand ready to record their impressions of why leaves turn color or perhaps something about the guy in a skirt.

I waited for awhile and then as they moved off, I moved in jumped in the car, let my heart rate drop to a safe level and drove off.

Lilith Moon
10-01-2008, 09:26 AM
There, parked next to my car was at least 60 middle school kids milling around, note books in hand ready to record their impressions of why leaves turn color or perhaps something about the guy in a skirt.

I know how you must have felt. I once went for a quiet walk while dressed part femme and returned to find a car crash just a few feet from my parked car with lots of folk walking around. The road was blocked and there were coachloads of children and old folk in the queues.

There were no serious casualties and I just got in my car and did some "creative driving" to exit from the scene.

Fiona Lindum
10-03-2008, 04:48 AM
Like Christie ann I do not own a wig so there is no doubt of which gender I am. Yesterday I went for a walk to a local viewpoint. I was wearing a knee length denim skirt and black tights. I saw plenty of people during the walk but nothing was said apart from the usual good mornings. Then back to the local cafe for a pot of tea, still no comments only the usual comments about the weather etc. Just a great day.

Melinda G
10-03-2008, 10:28 AM
I went for a walk in the woods a while back, wearing a short turquoise dress and heels. No makup or wig. It was a little two track, and I wasn't expecting anyone. Murphys law kicked in, and here comes a car full of seniors driving slowly through the woods. I ran and jumped in my van and left the area. Shortly after, a cop stopped me, and said he had a report of a man "wearing a dress like you have on, acting suspiciously". I kept cool, and said" Yes, I guess it would look suspicious to some people". He just checked my license, and let me go. No other comments. I was POed that those old farts called the cops on me. Old people have no sense of humor.

Eileen
10-03-2008, 11:46 AM
Getting out and being who we are, even if only for a short time is so great! It is amazing, how when things seem to go wrong, the world does not come to an end! Enjoy your wonderful journey.

Eileen

Amy Rose
10-03-2008, 11:12 PM
wow nice stories ladies!!

Well i live near a lake and bush but I have not gone yet except for once,it was great with the Sunshine and the Tree's.I was wearing a Black printed striped dress with tights.It was fantastic really,I saw a few people around mostly dog walkers but I just brushed them aside by walking past with a friendly smile.