PDA

View Full Version : I think sometimes we underestimate those who are there to support us

GalacticDeath Bandit
10-01-2008, 09:03 AM
One of the most hardest thing any of us have to do is inform our families of what we are going through.

I told my mum roughly as soon as i found out myself, and a few months later i told my nan. Today i told my aunt, fearing she would put on her judgmental face and deny my right to be who i really am, she surprised me... well, by not even seeming surprised. "You know how you feel and who am i to judge?" was her responce and she's with me 100% of the way and even intrigued to know how it all goes. Plus she tipped me with £20 to add to my funds (I know that isn't a lot, but every penny counts for me right now as i'm scraping together everything i have to just get my first appointment).

Just one more family member to go now, and since the rest seem so supportive aboutit, i'm not fearing the worst no more.

ZenFrost
10-01-2008, 03:16 PM
It always feel good when those that are closest to us accept us as who we are. I'm glad your family has been so great about it so far. :hugs:

Sheila
10-01-2008, 06:15 PM
am glad that you are getting support from you loved ones:hugs:

Arien
10-02-2008, 01:41 PM
I am so happy your family is so supportive of you. That's really great. I've only ever told one person, and thankfully, it went over really well. Having people who support you really makes all the difference.

Felix
10-03-2008, 06:57 AM
Yeah likewise I'm glad those around you are supportive of you it mkes all the difference doesn't it?!! xx Felix :hugs: