PDA

View Full Version : International Crossdresser's Day!

Kyara
10-01-2008, 11:46 AM
I know, I know....it may sound crazy! I also believe this may have been propossed before... but what about pursuing an International Crossdresser's Day?

Of course it might as well be every day!
What does everyone think?

KandisTX
10-01-2008, 01:13 PM
We already have one. It's called HALLOWEEN!

Kandis:love::rose2:

Tina B.
10-01-2008, 01:17 PM
I think that's a good idea, how about Saturday, no not this Saturday, just Saturday!
Tina B.

abundantly_me
10-01-2008, 02:43 PM
there is a national transgender Day of Rememberance, however instead of being one of rememberance, would be nice to have one of Celebration!

The Transgender Day of Remembrance was set aside to memorialize those who were killed due to anti-transgender hatred or prejudice. The event is held in November to honor Rita Hester, whose murder on November 28th, 1998 kicked off the “Remembering Our Dead” web project and a San Francisco candlelight vigil in 1999. Rita Hester’s murder — like most anti-transgender murder cases — has yet to be solved.

Kyara
10-01-2008, 03:04 PM
Isn't it great to learn new things? Thanks for sharing that info!

gina eddy
10-01-2008, 04:18 PM
that 365 days a year hun better make it international non cd day best wishes with it sweety

trannie T
10-01-2008, 05:06 PM
April 1, now April Fool's Day was started by the French as Fool the Devil and people would dress as members of the opposite sex in an effort to fool the Devil and make him believe they were gone from the Earth. We can resurrect this old tradition and dress up each April 1.

CD Susan
10-01-2008, 05:20 PM
April 1, now April Fool's Day was started by the French as Fool the Devil and people would dress as members of the opposite sex in an effort to fool the Devil and make him believe they were gone from the Earth. We can resurrect this old tradition and dress up each April 1.

I like your suggestion Trannie but how do we get society to go along with this?

Kimberly Marie Kelly
10-01-2008, 05:36 PM
There's a holiday for everything in this country, maybe if enough crossdresser's wrote, maybe they would name a holiday for us. :battingeyelashes:

Kate Simmons
10-01-2008, 06:16 PM
Nice Idea Hon but I doubt it would change much. Especially in view of the many CD's that cannot come out openly for various reasons, such as fear of family and friends knowing, loss of livlihood, etc. Such noteriety would be counter productive in these cases.Most who are out openly already "celebrate" it on a regular basis.:)

Roberta Lynn
10-01-2008, 06:30 PM
I know, I know....it may sound crazy! I also believe this may have been propossed before... but what about pursuing an International Crossdresser's Day?

Of course it might as well be every day!
What does everyone think?

If you could get the card makers and florist behind it, it would probably happen. :)

unclejoann
10-01-2008, 07:02 PM
You said it Roberta, if there is money to be made it would happen. But frankly I don't think it is a good idea, I think Tina is right, let's just go with every Saturday.