PDA

View Full Version : Do your duties as a man interfere with your fem side

StephanieT
10-01-2008, 08:30 PM
I just spent all afternoon repairing a car. I have to keep the wife happy. Now I have grease stains on my hands and grease under my nails. I will need to spend hours cleaning up before I can go out again. I know I should use latex gloves but I did not have any available and the tight areas I was working in would have torn them. Any body else has this problem? Especially when the wife does not know you dress.

trannie T
10-01-2008, 08:37 PM
The latex gloves are pretty durable, or you can wear specialty gloves likd Mechanix Wear.
You can be honest with your wife or as an alternative tell her to fix her own car.
My recommendation would be gloves and honesty.

Jessicaparkson
10-01-2008, 08:38 PM
I don't have a wife but I'll say something anyways.

I spend a lot of my time working with people administration and server management. I don't know what it is about those jobs but somehow I always get messy. I know it doesn't sound like I should, but I do. Most of my problems are cuts and bruises from handling fragile and sharp hardware and that obviously wouldn't look too good I'd think, especially since it is usually on my legs or hands. No one other than my gf knows but I don't think I'd go out (not that I have yet) with some of these epic wounds, I know they are often unavoidable but still, doesn't feel right to me.

Ok, so maybe my "job" isn't a manly job....but hey, theres my 2.

Nicole Erin
10-01-2008, 08:38 PM
I don't feel that they really do cause as a CD, there is the male side and the female side. Sometimes "he" has to man up and do dirty work. When "he" is done then "She" can reimmerge.

I enjoy working on cars but yes the dirt and grease are a nightmare and those special hand cleaners do only so much.

About that - mineral spirits [parts cleaner] or paint thinner work wonders for getting the crap to come off the hands. Neither is real good for the skin tho.

StephanieT
10-01-2008, 08:47 PM
Honesty with my wife is not a possiblity. Two things she has said to me make me know I cannot tell her.

1. I have suggested that I buy a pair of pumps for fun excursions and I have also suggested I shaved my chest for fun. The Guys on dancing with the stars do it. She says she wants a man and those things don't fit her expectations.

2 My wife works at an airport and deals with the public. When a TS comes to the counter, she says I had to deal with one of those.

I love my wife and I don't want to chance our relationship. We share many things but my crossdressing is not one of them.

Sharon
10-01-2008, 08:49 PM
A couple decades ago, when I worked on an offset printing press (talk about dirty hands!) there was a product called Liquid Glove (not positive about the name, however) that was a cream that you could apply to help prevent getting that deep grime on your hands. You had to apply it fairly often, especially if you used any solvents, but it really worked well, though not perfectly.

tamarav
10-01-2008, 08:56 PM
2 layer nitrile gloves, don't tear or leak. No grease under these French tips...

trannie T
10-01-2008, 09:02 PM
I discovered a miracle grease remover a while back. It is called WD40 (yes, the same stuff) spray it on then wash your hands, most of the grease is gone.

Charlena
10-01-2008, 09:28 PM
WD does work well. But sometimes I just like to get my hands dirty. Never did like working in gloves. I spend the time cleaning up, who could fault anyone for wanting to be clean.

TxKimberly
10-01-2008, 09:42 PM
You know that hand cleaner you can get at auto parts stores? Yeah, use it BEFORE you work on the car and the grease and oil will come of easier.
Yes by the way, painting the house and working on the cars DOES cause some inconvenience when it comes to girl things, but they still have to be done! lol

Niya W
10-01-2008, 09:48 PM
2 layer nitrile gloves, don't tear or leak. No grease under these French tips...

Lol I love my nails to much to get grease on them

Rachel Morley
10-01-2008, 09:53 PM
"Duties as a man?" ... I'm not sure I have any (?). My wife and I share the household tasks and we don't "genderize" the duties. Whoever has the skills does the task. If neither of us has the skills then we pay someone else to do it for us.

Fixing cars is something I know absolutely nothing about. I have very little clue about DIY either. I'm pretty useless when it comes to doing what's considered common place for a regular guy.

Inachis
10-01-2008, 10:56 PM
I would say that absolutley that my obligations as a male get in the way of the female. There is always a leaky faucet, Oil change, Yard work... to be done. But, these things still need to be done.

We all want to CD, I think that is safe to say, but we still need to do these tedious daily tasks that make up life. If you have a SO that is okay with your CD'ing then great put on a sport bra and some panties under your work clothes, and have fun with it. If you do not have a SO that knows, then its probably time to either let them in on this part of your life, or make the time to do what needs to be done.

By the way some Dawn, vigorous scrubbing, a little vinegar, and then extensive moisturizing will take the oil right off of your hands and leave them soft afterward. Also, take it from a medical professional you can always double glove for the really nasty cases.

I do however, have an issue right along these lines. What do you do if your femme persona gets in the way of your morale obligations to your family? When does it impact their emotional needs? How can you be the man that they need you to be if your dressed as a female as they need it?

StephanieT
10-01-2008, 11:05 PM
I tred some Simple Green and it seemed to clean my hands. Now I need to clean the nails. A long hot bubble bath and some nail tools might make the difference.

PamelaTX
10-01-2008, 11:31 PM
I showed my wife how to fix the car. She loves doing it.

Now if she'd just let me cook a little more often!

Phyliss
10-02-2008, 06:42 AM
I discovered a miracle grease remover a while back. It is called WD40 (yes, the same stuff) spray it on then wash your hands, most of the grease is gone.

WD40 is wonderful stuff, I think it's made from wombat squeezings. Really does clean most of the nasty grease.

As far as "his" duties around the house, ... yeah they do get in the way of "MY time, but they do need to be done. Being practical I understand that it might be " a bit much " to do the weed wacking and other yard work in 4" heels and a mini dress. Just had to go buy some "work" clothes for those jobs.

Karren H
10-02-2008, 07:06 AM
My wife got me mechanics gloves from Sears and I wear them religously!! Really saves the hands... and NO.... the guy side doesn't interfer with the girl and visa versa... Same person... different clothes!! :)

Sarah...
10-02-2008, 07:38 AM
"Duties as a man?" ... I'm not sure I have any (?). My wife and I share the household tasks and we don't "genderize" the duties.

Yep, that's quite the most sensible way to look at it - good on you two!!

Sarah...

Alice Torn
10-02-2008, 07:51 AM
Sharon, Yes! I used "liquid glove" 35 yrs ago, at an industrial chemical coatings factory. i worked there twice, weighing out resins, solvents, additives in thousamds, hundreds, and onces. It helped some, made it easier to get most of it off, protedted the skin, some. It was like a thick lotion the crew put on before working there. Trouble is, all the hundreds of pigments, and chemicals, and resins, left my hands greyish, and they were stained greyish, for months after i quit. I was not dressing then.

unclejoann
10-03-2008, 06:43 PM
Just regular cooking oil (canola or olive or whatever) is very good at getting the grease off.

The manly jobs are those my wife won't do and so that means me, and they are usually dirty jobs -- chainsaw the firewood, repair the roof, and of course she "doesn't do windows"

kristytv
10-03-2008, 08:31 PM
so to those of you who think gloves make a difference working on cars you are so wrong, the cloth ones retain fluids and oils. the latez rip and you still get cut. further more you cant start bolts, nut s or do fine detail work with them on, so i dont bother and just clean as best i can afterward

Edyta_C
10-03-2008, 08:40 PM
I switch back and forth. I usually don drab for the guy chores. I like a skirt and blouse for the laundry or dishes. My wife does the cooking and I do cleaning. But I don't really have the guy stuff getting in the way of the femme stuff.

Hugs Edyta

Tootsye
10-03-2008, 08:55 PM
Of course it does, but not nearly as much as it use too! I too share a lot of the duties with my wife, but she has found I clean and do laundry a lot better wearing capri pants, some discreet makeup and low heel slides than I do when in drab!
She is still unwilling for me to do the outside chores dressed like that, but a trip to the grocery is permitted!
Hugs,
Tootsye

Ellen Ross
10-03-2008, 09:03 PM
Last Sunday was a really nice day in the Pacific Northwest. I really needed to paint our front door, and I had the weekend to myself. So I did it with glued on boobs, low cut jeans, and a tee shirt tied to show my midriff. I also had lipstick and a little eye liner. The spandex jeans made it easier then Levi's that I would have had on. It was a really great day! I hope to be able to dress and do "manly things" again soon!

Karen Francis
10-03-2008, 10:55 PM
I own and operate my own tractor trailer, and am the chief mechanic for that and the fleet of antique cars I own. And the lawn tractor, washmachine, etc have been mechanically inclined since forever.
I use all combinations of gloves, depending on the job, once in a great while I will have to take them off for some part of the work. But the more you can keep them on , the more feminine you can keep your hands looking. I am also a musician, so undamaged hands are a must.
What is happening is the desire to do the "male oriented" tasks is declining as I enter my golden years. I am at that crossroads right now, dithering away as to the direction. I 'll keep you posted...

Jennifer in CO
10-04-2008, 07:33 AM
thats the spirit Ellen!

I try and do most "manly" things as femininely as possible. Put on a nice shade of pink frost on your tips and then go service the car. Makes you feel that much better about it (with ot without gloves)!

Jenn

Toni_Lynn
10-04-2008, 09:55 AM
Well, there was an incident last Sunday when I was standing on the bed taking the glass fixtures off the ceilng fan to give them to my wife to wash. I had to comment 'Hey, no fair looking up my skirt!' :)

Does that count?

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

tamarav
10-04-2008, 11:59 AM
Damn! I forgot. I don't have any duties as a man...

BananaFish
10-14-2008, 03:37 AM
i think my are at a healthy medium...

Man side of me likes Beer, Sports, Steak, Motorcycles, and video games...yeah stereotypical but true...

but with Jennifer, i like more fashionable looks...not those runway model ones, but like colors, and what clothes look good with what ^_^

but with BOTH sides together! i've become more in tuned with women...i'm more chivalrous than i was in middle or high school...i can talk fashion with women when they start talking about it...so yeah, i see both sides of the coin heh