PDA

View Full Version : Baby steps...

Inachis
10-01-2008, 10:29 PM
Today I took an ever so small step towards the expression of myself en femme. While at the dentist office in a room filled with people I picked up a issue of Allure', and commenced to reading it. It was a little invigorating as I noticed the double takes, and glares from a number of people in the room. The best part is that I didn't, and still don't care what they thought.:D

Small victories can make a big difference sometimes. I now think that there my be a possibility of going out in public dressed. I'll keep everyone updated on the progress.

Jessicaparkson
10-01-2008, 10:43 PM
Ah the little "guilty sins" a'persay no?

That's awesome hun, I'll have to do that next time I'm waiting...and knowing my dentist (who I have to see soon) I'll be sure to get through all of them...

Kayla Shadows
10-01-2008, 10:46 PM
The best part is that I didn't, and still don't care what they thought.:D

Thats the spirit :) You shouldnt care.If they have a problem,thats their problem.

Jenna Lynne
10-01-2008, 10:51 PM
While at the dentist office in a room filled with people I picked up a issue of Allure', and commenced to reading it. It was a little invigorating as I noticed the double takes, and glares from a number of people in the room.
Possibly your imagination is hyperactive ... or possibly you need a new dentist! Or, I don't know, maybe you're living in rural Georgia or something. I've never been there and never plan to go there, so that culture will remain a mystery to me, a fact over which I lose no sleep whatever.

What I'm saying is, were they really glaring at you??? I can't even fathom that. :eek:

***Jenna Lynne***

Inachis
10-01-2008, 11:17 PM
I suspect that San Francisco, and Tulsa are two very seperate places. However, it is possible that they weren't glaring at me, but I did get a few double takes and some strange looks.

marieanne
10-02-2008, 10:51 AM
I go with my wife to the beauty salon, while she is getting her hair done i sit and read through the piles of fashion and beauty magazines that are always there, Really don't get any negative responses from the women there. I figure what the hey. how else can you figure out what is hot and what is not if you only reading hunting or sports magazines. lol.

marso2584
10-02-2008, 11:09 AM
good step for you...
one step forward.. and many will come

as for me...
while being my male self
i sometimes will pick up those magazine to have a look also
just to have some idea and inspiration to brush up my photography skills...

ColleenW
10-02-2008, 07:05 PM
Hi Inachis -

I don't know if you're old enough to remember Flip Wilson, he had a comedy routine included 'you gotta crawl before you can walk'.:)

trannie T
10-02-2008, 10:42 PM
You mean they didn't have 'Field and Stream?'

FlygrlChristy
10-03-2008, 01:23 PM
I read the womens magazines all the time, much better articles and, bonus, fashion tips, beautiful pictures of beautiful women, and the clothes. It's a win win for me.

Christy

danam
10-03-2008, 01:52 PM
Baby steps! I totally made them. Just a tiny bit more each time...it's like an addiction. You have to go a little further and further to get the same "rush". Next thing you know, you're out and about.

It took about two years of baby steps for me to go out. I even made a video of my first time out...I highly recommend doing the same, or, at least, take pictures! I watch my video again and again to relive the excitement!

Here's the link to my first-time-out video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmVwwsMu9Ds