PDA

View Full Version : I got made twice today!!!!

Joan_CD
10-02-2008, 02:38 PM
Hi all,

I had to go to the local mall and I wore jeans, my low heeled pumps, veronica for hips, a black sweater top and my new leather blazer. As I came out of the post office, a GG crossing the street stopped dead in her tracks and stared at me. I got very nervous and walked into the lot towards my car and I turned to look and she stopped again and stared at me. I kept walking and turned as I got to my car and she stopped, stared and gave me a big grin with a thumbs up sign!

After that I was coming out of Lane Bryant when a GG walked past me and I turned to see if she spotted me and sure enough, as she walked, she turned about 3 times as she was walking. I did not have a wig or makeup on.

I think it was my new leather blazer that kinda gave me away. When I looked in a mirror I could see the curves the veronica gave me and the leather blazer was unmistakenly female. I gotta tell ya, i was a nervous wreck!

suzy cool
10-02-2008, 02:42 PM
It's nice that they were positive about it and it wasn't a bad experience. Do you pass o.k. without makeup and a wig? Or were you going for an androgynous look?

Joan_CD
10-02-2008, 04:59 PM
Hi,

No I dont pass at all without makeup and a wig. I was not going for any look and in truth, I didn't realize the blazer showed my figure as it did. I usually wear something a little looser and you dont really see anything.

Dr.Susan
10-02-2008, 05:13 PM
Woman below the neck. Man above the neck. You should of expected to be made. Unless that was the point of the whole trip after all.

Karren H
10-02-2008, 05:34 PM
Getting clocked is just part of the fun!! lol I love to see people expressions when they realize that the only person in the place in a dress............ is a guy!!! hahahaha

LA CINDY LOVE
10-02-2008, 06:13 PM
Karren you are so right...... but a GG is hard to fool yes you can get by some but if you dress with good stly....... they will give you good feed back.

I have had GG come up To me and ask were did I get some thing I had on and they would all ways say you wear that very nice.

LA CINDY LOVE

Jodi
10-02-2008, 06:47 PM
Instead of skulking away, as you did, I would have stared right back and given them a great big smile. Surprising how that will disarm most people.

Jodi

Joan_CD
10-02-2008, 06:54 PM
I actually did smile and wave at her as I got in the car. Dr Susan... no I do not go out to intentionally get "made". I am comfortable in female attire, but usually my jacket tends to conceal whats under it. This jacket doesn't as I found out today!

LOL Karen!!!!

Denise01
10-02-2008, 07:05 PM
Well you feel you were made, it was in a very pleasant and happy way.

I too have had gg's aske me where i bought something i was wearing, but if they realized that i was trans, they sure did not show it.

I have also had some very intesting discussions with gg's when i have been in a line in the stores.

Keep up the good work, and good luck

Denise

:):):)

Kim_Bitzflick
10-02-2008, 07:40 PM
It's little things like this that toughen us up for when we run in to the BIG LAUGH or teenager shouting at us.

Hang in there girl. We're all behind you.:hugs:

Angie G
10-02-2008, 07:46 PM
But it was fun right. :hugs:
Angie

Amy Hepker
10-02-2008, 07:50 PM
Take it easy, sure you will get made, So What, I think it is really neat, and I don't care what people think or say. Some have called me lady others call me sir. Hey they are both right

Tracii G
10-03-2008, 01:33 AM
I tend to dress that way too in male mode so I too get some looks.
Girls jeans(with a padded undergarment low cut of course), pink tennies or belt,sports tee logo'd in pink.
I too have tops that are female cut and some blazers like yours and the ladies never say much but some guys look at you funny, teen girls are the worst they giggle so I give them the look like "OMG you think I look funny"?

Jessicaparkson
10-03-2008, 01:44 AM
To be "made" is to live eh? I'm going out tonight for the first time (just down the street and to a store) and I'm sure ill be more than made...but hey,itll be embarrassing but im not going to run lol...thanks for sharing,made me feel better about tonight

Laurelanne
10-03-2008, 02:55 AM
well i can relate, ive tried very hard over the summer to adapt a look that can be either male (if I want) or female which I do,... and ive had 2 experiences, one on a bus as a female shaped and so little makeup and casually dressed jeans flats etc Was referred to as Ma'am twice, quite a thrill
The second afew weeks agao out in a pant suit with a very revealing top, (shows cleavage) and was passed by 2 gntlemen and a lady the one gentleman said "sweet" as he passed, I turned the lady said sorry, he didnt mean it dear..I said thatrs ok makes an old broad feel good ..:battingeyelashes:

Chari
10-03-2008, 09:03 AM
Think of your outing in a positive manner! Rather than being "made", you may have been admired for your selection of cute clothes or those looking may wonder where you got them, especially the jacket. Continue to be comfortable and confident with who you are and always show a smile. Thanx for sharing.

TerriM
10-03-2008, 09:12 AM
I remember being in a Ulta shop waiting on line and getting a knowing smile from the woman in front of me. It felt nice.

vikki2020
10-03-2008, 10:12 AM
Like Karen said, it's part of the fun!You can not fool a gg, maybe from a distance, but not up close. 99% of the time, the real girls give me a big smile, and say hi.Just smile back,and say hi also!If your not being made, your not going out!

Karen Francis
10-03-2008, 11:07 PM
I went out dressed the other afternoon, evening. Jeans, black scoop neck leotard, dark long sleeve jacket with some sparkle, ballet flats. Full makeup and wig. Grocery store cashier early 20's read me, but not really sure, only because she had a chance to really look at me up close while I fished through the purse for the money. Most people don't pay attention when you just walk by.
I expect to be read routinely, doesn't bother me. Of course the teeny boppers are the worst, they say out loud what most adults won't. Then I see what some of them are wearing, I have at least as much right to express myself as they do. One of these days society will get over it...

Tracii G
10-04-2008, 03:11 AM
Being made by people you don't know is not that bad.GG's are pretty sharp and figure you out quickly but don't say anyting much more than "Hi cute outfit" just smile and reply thank you.